Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#163789 Apr 20, 2013
Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>Yet no one in here has the balls to challenge me!
OK trolly you win, here it is you asked for it.

The second law only applies to the observable universe. Since we cannot ever see past the particle horizon it will never be known the exact condition of the universe, whether it is open , closed or isolated. However the latest findings show it is consistent with the open infinite flat model. Which means it is possibly spatially infinite with no boundary.

The 2nd law of thermodynamics applies only to isolated system or closed system. In an open system an influx of new or an outflow of energy is possible. But since we absolutely do not know the extent we cannot say. So the jury is out when applying the second law to the universe it itself, but works for everything in it.

You don't want to go up against poly and redshift, he practically wrote the book on the subject.

Infinite regression is possible within finite space , as matter fact it. Because that is exactly what the the universe does in opposite , infinite progression. If you went to the particle horizon and proceeded the speed of light back to Earth, you would never reach it, Because it has will infinitely regress away from you.

I'll wait for the background noise to report.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163790 Apr 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
She still got an @ss don't she? Lol!
So upon your lies about her having cancer and now has no breasts... We will conduct the test with her @ss and yes you did claim to have a daughter a while back. Unable to keep up with your own lies I see.
This test will conclude for all conducting it that I do indeed have hands. I will even let her pop every one of my fingers in her mouth counting off each one of them to ten.
Now present a test for observable proof for god.
<quoted text>
OK, here's God. See? Now you can see Him and test Him.

There, I've proven God to you just as much as you've proven you have hands.

Now, present atheist for observable evidence for your hands.

If you can't, we'll just assume they're a myth.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163791 Apr 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I have already laid out the framework for a test proving I have hands. If that's not enough we can take a bet on it and have a doctor verify if I have them or not, care to go a few thousand on it?
If not your hand argument is soundly destroyed, now observable proof for god?
<quoted text>
Laying out framework for a test is not proving observable evidence that you have hands.

So what if a doctor confirms you have hands? You'll have to find a way to let me see the data.

What if I'm blind and can't see the data?
What if I'm deaf and can't hear anything you say?
What if I've lost all sense of feeling?

How you gonna prove you have hands?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163792 Apr 20, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
Books can't type.
Because you say so?

That's not evidence....

Besides, who says I'm typing?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163793 Apr 20, 2013
madscot wrote:
<quoted text>
And the majority of books put forth intelligent concepts and ideas. You on the other hand...not so much.
A book can "put forth" something??

O_o

An animate book?

Huh

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163794 Apr 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So we see as predicted the terrorists in Boston were theists, Islamic terrorists killing in the name of the god of Abraham.
Gee, you atheists are really good at making claims.

But not so good at proving said claims.....

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163795 Apr 20, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
If God were watching over Boston at 3:00 on Marathon day, there would still be people alive and with arms and legs still attached.
Another baseless claim?

What IS it with you people?

Provide evidence that there would still be people alive and with arms and legs still attached if God was watching over.

In turn, provide evidence that God WASN'T watching over, which is why people aren't alive and with arms and legs not attached....

It's your claim. It's your onus.

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163796 Apr 20, 2013
saidI wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Those "scientific estimates" are very likely to change, as they have so much in the past.
"scientific estimates" used to claim the Milky Way is the universe.
"scientific estimates" used to say the universe is infinite.
Then "scientific estimates" changed to say the universe is finite.
Then "scientific estimates" changed it back.
Don't get all hot & bothered over current "scientific estimates"....
KJV WROTE:
Just watch the squirming when you simply try and pin down what they believe vs. what the correct definitions
are.
Always a good time
SaidI writes:
As humans have progressed so has our knowledge our testing methods improved, our understanding.
The way your going on is as if science hasn't gotten anything right. look at the world around you. Mass amounts of Estimates, trials, going back to the drawing board, scrapping, restarting have gone into your world. Will you believe in science if you get some horrid disease? they get medical science wrong too. But look at all the right.
Average people don't have Science Illustrated, delivered to their door.
As with religion you can tell people anything and they believe, maybe they are fooling us!
Did I say science hasn't gotten anything right?

Nope.

That's your assertion.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163797 Apr 20, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems is correct but these are better
“Religion is the original pseudo-science.”~David Rand
“The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike.”~Delos B. McKown
“A myth is a religion in which no one any longer believes.”~James Feibleman
“Gods always behave like the people who created them.”~Zora Neale Hurston
"By the year 2000, we will, I hope, raise our children to believe in human potential, not God." ~Gloria Steinam
“Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day. Give a man a religion and he'll starve to death praying for a fish.”~Judith Bandsma
ONE MO! Lol
“The Romans killed Jesus on the cross. His death on the cross saved us from our sins. Therefore, we should worship the Romans.”~Earle Jones
I guess Gloria didn't get her way...

Poor Gloria.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#163798 Apr 20, 2013
Atheist evidence for hands? What does that even mean retard?

I have given an observable test that we could do in person to satisfy your hand query. You have yet to give a test to observe God.

My hands groping your lady and we sucking each finger moaning in pleasure is observable evidence for my hands.

Your god test again?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>OK, here's God. See? Now you can see Him and test Him.

There, I've proven God to you just as much as you've proven you have hands.

Now, present atheist for observable evidence for your hands.

If you can't, we'll just assume they're a myth.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#163799 Apr 20, 2013
Makes no sense as none of these apply to you. Let's deal in what's actual not what could be in imagination land. Plus If you were blind, deaf and unable to feel anything the last thing you would need to worry about is if I have hands and you certainly wouldn't be posting on topix lol!

Again the test would be done in person with you and your lady. She would be moaning in pleasure and whispering your inadequacies in my ear.

Your what if nonsense questions have no bearing whatsoever and you know it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Laying out framework for a test is not proving observable evidence that you have hands.

So what if a doctor confirms you have hands? You'll have to find a way to let me see the data.

What if I'm blind and can't see the data?
What if I'm deaf and can't hear anything you say?
What if I've lost all sense of feeling?

How you gonna prove you have hands?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#163800 Apr 20, 2013
Hey! It's every single topix christhole argument ever made!

http://www.rationalresponders.com/how_to_irri...

No seriously read for laughs, funny but true!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#163801 Apr 20, 2013
Links have been provided are you saying the two bombers were not Islamic?

Stop making a jackass out of yourself puppet.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, you atheists are really good at making claims.

But not so good at proving said claims.....

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#163802 Apr 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Another baseless claim?
What IS it with you people?
Provide evidence that there would still be people alive and with arms and legs still attached if God was watching over.
In turn, provide evidence that God WASN'T watching over, which is why people aren't alive and with arms and legs not attached....
It's your claim. It's your onus.
Go.
There's no evidence god does arms and legs.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163804 Apr 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I have given an observable test that we could do in person to satisfy your hand query. You have yet to give a test to observe God.
My hands groping your lady and we sucking each finger moaning in pleasure is observable evidence for my hands.
That is not observable evidence, that's a hypothetical situation.

So you can't provide evidence that you have hands AND you can't provide evidence that you can please a woman.

Go figure.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163805 Apr 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Makes no sense as none of these apply to you. Let's deal in what's actual not what could be in imagination land. Plus If you were blind, deaf and unable to feel anything the last thing you would need to worry about is if I have hands and you certainly wouldn't be posting on topix lol!
Again the test would be done in person with you and your lady. She would be moaning in pleasure and whispering your inadequacies in my ear.
Your what if nonsense questions have no bearing whatsoever and you know it.
<quoted text>
Still can't provide evidence, huh?

You can talk and talk and talk all you want.

All I'm asking you to do is prove you have hands.

Not HOW you would prove it. Just prove it.

Go.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163806 Apr 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Hey! It's every single topix christhole argument ever made!
http://www.rationalresponders.com/how_to_irri...
No seriously read for laughs, funny but true!
281 examples?

LMAO!

You atheists are REALLY bored.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163807 Apr 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Links have been provided are you saying the two bombers were not Islamic?
Stop making a jackass out of yourself puppet.
<quoted text>
Um.... No, scooter.

Here's your post:

"Givemeliberty wrote:
So we see as predicted the terrorists in Boston were theists, Islamic terrorists killing in the name of the god of Abraham."

So.

Provide evidence that:
It was predicted.
They were theists.
They were Islamic.
They were terrorists.
That they killed in the name if their god.

Go. Provide evidence of your claims.

Or shut that cock holster you call a mouth.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#163808 Apr 20, 2013
Yes I can and I have demonstrated how. Pay my plane ticket out there and tell your wife the good news. Test will be conducted and observed by all who wish to participate. Gladly :)

Now again where is your observable proof for god?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>That is not observable evidence, that's a hypothetical situation.

So you can't provide evidence that you have hands AND you can't provide evidence that you can please a woman.

Go figure.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#163809 Apr 20, 2013
Already been demonstrated just your lack of IQ stops you from comprehending.

Now again your test to show observable proof for god?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Still can't provide evidence, huh?

You can talk and talk and talk all you want.

All I'm asking you to do is prove you have hands.

Not HOW you would prove it. Just prove it.

Go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 min Thinking 2,399
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 13 min Thinking 160
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 37 min Thinking 23,205
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 16 hr Thinking 3
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... Sun Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... Sun Thinking 3
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Dec 20 Yiago 148
More from around the web