Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#163735 Apr 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So we see as predicted the terrorists in Boston were theists, Islamic terrorists killing in the name of the god of Abraham.
One of these sniveling worms the has already blown himself up for his heavenly reward and the other is cowering and running away.
May someone catch or put down this subhuman swine before more innocent people are killed or hurt in his god inspired bloodlust.
Spewing false information is never a good thing. They were NOT Islamic terrorist, they were young Russians. And no one blew themselves up, the explosives were planted in backpacks and left on the sidewalk to blow up. This morning Boston police and FBI shot and killed on of these young Russians, the other, his brother, is still at large. Get your fact before posting, otherwise you just look stupid!!!
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#163736 Apr 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Then by your own logic you are an atheist, unless you wish to remove your previous statement?
<quoted text>
You present an example of your rote learned education. You are a veritable pedant and unsavory subhuman swine.
spudgun

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#163737 Apr 19, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Spewing false information is never a good thing. They were NOT Islamic terrorist, they were young Russians. And no one blew themselves up, the explosives were planted in backpacks and left on the sidewalk to blow up. This morning Boston police and FBI shot and killed on of these young Russians, the other, his brother, is still at large. Get your fact before posting, otherwise you just look stupid!!!
I agree about false information, and think its too eary to say what exactly has happened... However, there are unsubstantiated reports that the two bombers had links to Chechnya, and that in the shoot the bombers may have had bombs strapped to their chests. I think this is plausible, and wait to see if muslim extremism what drove these young men to commit acts of terrorism.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#163738 Apr 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Well, shit.

You CAN be honest...
Brutally, at times.
KJV

United States

#163739 Apr 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Those "scientific estimates" are very likely to change, as they have so much in the past.

"scientific estimates" used to claim the Milky Way is the universe.

"scientific estimates" used to say the universe is infinite.

Then "scientific estimates" changed to say the universe is finite.

Then "scientific estimates" changed it back.

Don't get all hot & bothered over current "scientific estimates"....
Just watch the squirming when you simply try and pin down what they believe vs. what the correct definitions
are.

Always a good time

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#163749 Apr 19, 2013
One post.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#163750 Apr 19, 2013
No it doesn't.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#163751 Apr 19, 2013
Maybe it could.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#163752 Apr 19, 2013
But I doubt it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#163753 Apr 19, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> You consume too much liverwish you deviant weirdo. Your vehement posturing proves there is a God. Who else would spend all their time arguing about something they claim does not exist?
You project too much. Ever stop to think that maybe a lot of us want evidence of some form of god? Maybe we're hoping there is something to all this, but since none of you religious people will produce anything that's actual evidence we have no reason to buy what you're selling.
Imhotep

Saint Petersburg, FL

#163754 Apr 19, 2013
The @John virus is mutating -

Download Imhotep's latest app

JesusRoachAway®

$666.66 bargain

;)

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#163755 Apr 19, 2013
Yawn let me know if you ever have something to say.

:flush:
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>You present an example of your rote learned education. You are a veritable pedant and unsavory subhuman swine.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#163756 Apr 19, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You project too much. Ever stop to think that maybe a lot of us want evidence of some form of god? Maybe we're hoping there is something to all this, but since none of you religious people will produce anything that's actual evidence we have no reason to buy what you're selling.
Nobody is selling dumbass. If I offer you a gift and you refuse it, who does it belong to? Now get back to await your fate.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#163757 Apr 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yawn let me know if you ever have something to say.
:flush:
<quoted text>
pshawww. and youre the one who is gender challenged in addition to being scared of what will happen upon your demise.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#163758 Apr 19, 2013
English please? You're girl can gargle my coco puffs and rod if you have doubt about my gender. I'll even leave a generous amount of thick DNA on her face for you to test fair enough?

:flush:
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>pshawww. and youre the one who is gender challenged in addition to being scared of what will happen upon your demise.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

#163760 Apr 19, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. A drawing shows that someone had the idea of the image in that drawing. So a drawing of a unicorn proves the existence of the *idea* of unicorns. It does not prove unicorns, only the idea of unicorns.
Yes, counting proves the existence of the *idea* of 5. The difference is that 5 *is* the idea. So someone counting to 5 shows that the *idea* of 5 exists.
In the case of unicorns, the unicorns do not actually exist (as far as we know), but the *idea* of unicorns definitely exists. But the number 5 is *only* an idea.
It takes a special gift to give serious and thoughtful answers to truly stupid questions. Kudos!

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#163761 Apr 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Those "scientific estimates" are very likely to change, as they have so much in the past.

"scientific estimates" used to claim the Milky Way is the universe.

"scientific estimates" used to say the universe is infinite.

Then "scientific estimates" changed to say the universe is finite.

Then "scientific estimates" changed it back.

Don't get all hot & bothered over current "scientific estimates"....
KJV WROTE:
Just watch the squirming when you simply try and pin down what they believe vs. what the correct definitions
are.

Always a good time

SaidI writes:
As humans have progressed so has our knowledge our testing methods improved, our understanding.
The way your going on is as if science hasn't gotten anything right. look at the world around you. Mass amounts of Estimates, trials, going back to the drawing board, scrapping, restarting have gone into your world. Will you believe in science if you get some horrid disease? they get medical science wrong too. But look at all the right.
Average people don't have Science Illustrated, delivered to their door.
As with religion you can tell people anything and they believe, maybe they are fooling us!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#163762 Apr 19, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> Nobody is selling dumbass. If I offer you a gift and you refuse it, who does it belong to? Now get back to await your fate.
First, nothing is free, there is always a cost that must be paid. Second, you are selling, you want blind agreement in exchange for your "gift." Not to mention that .... what if you're wrong and the Aztecs were right? Replace Aztecs with any of the other millions of religions and billions of gods.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#163763 Apr 20, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
English please? You're girl can gargle my coco puffs and rod if you have doubt about my gender. I'll even leave a generous amount of thick DNA on her face for you to test fair enough?
:flush:
<quoted text>
Youre jizznasty swine. Your incessant posts are nothing but vapid rants of a madman.
Bongo

Bronx, NY

#163764 Apr 20, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
First, nothing is free, there is always a cost that must be paid. Second, you are selling, you want blind agreement in exchange for your "gift." Not to mention that .... what if you're wrong and the Aztecs were right? Replace Aztecs with any of the other millions of religions and billions of gods.
Listen porky, you cant do better than the strawman argumaent? Take up your faithlessness with your creator, youre a smart gal, right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 min candlesmell 94,130
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) 5 hr blacklagoon 3 134
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism May 15 dollarsbill 5
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20
The atheists trick May 8 Eagle 12 - 3
News The Anti-Christian Movement May 7 blacklagoon 3 25
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) May 5 Eagle 12 - 5,971