Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#163461 Apr 13, 2013
Hitler acted, historically documented, GML reminds you of the truth.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Yup.

Hitler said....

GLM agrees....

You're pathetic, even for an atheist.

Scottsburg, IN

#163462 Apr 13, 2013
You mean the apologetic excuse for the passage right?

Lmfao!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I'm that one in a thousand.

And you have no idea what Exodus 33:23 means...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#163463 Apr 13, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>What was there before then?
There was no "before then".

Time did not exist "before then".

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#163464 Apr 13, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>No worry. I'm just wondering how your belief that the universe just popped into existence is any different then a God did it belief.
The universe doesn't demand worship.

“I see quantum effects”

Location hidden

#163465 Apr 13, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>HA HA HA !!!

Thanks, Mac. I needed a laugh.
You think his being right is funny?

That's odd.
Imhotep

Parrish, FL

#163466 Apr 14, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm that one in a thousand.
And you have no idea what Exodus 33:23 means...
Oh yes I do double R!

It is You that has no idea and why do I say that?

You require a Apologist, cleric, priest, Imam, or Rabbi to explain it to you.

You've been hornswoggled bamboozled led astray Runamuck

"Chained at last! Chained at last! Thank God I am dogma daft!©"

Remember your god made you too stupid to feed from the tree of knowledge - God is such a trickster - you'll never be able to reason on your own. Others with more reasoning skills will tell you how to think and you will be so thankful you leave them a offering. Welcome to church! ;)

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful." ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca “the Younger”

Learn more about Quran, Book of Mormon and Bible

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

Scottsburg, IN

#163467 Apr 14, 2013
Now the passage is interesting because it follows the traditions of other tribal gods at the time. To see a god's face or knowing it's name gave you a certain amount of power over the deity. Hence in the OT when asked what his name is, instead of giving an answer he gives a riddle. Yahweh means I am who I am. In other words don't worry about my real name I just am who I am and shut up. Lol!

This was a tribal thing bred out of superstition.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yes I do double R!

It is You that has no idea and why do I say that?

You require a Apologist, cleric, priest, Imam, or Rabbi to explain it to you.

You've been hornswoggled bamboozled led astray Runamuck

"Chained at last! Chained at last! Thank God I am dogma daft!©"

Remember your god made you too stupid to feed from the tree of knowledge - God is such a trickster - you'll never be able to reason on your own. Others with more reasoning skills will tell you how to think and you will be so thankful you leave them a offering. Welcome to church! ;)

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful." ~Lucius Annaeus Seneca “the Younger”

Learn more about Quran, Book of Mormon and Bible

http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/
Imhotep

Parrish, FL

#163468 Apr 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Now the passage is interesting because it follows the traditions of other tribal gods at the time. To see a god's face or knowing it's name gave you a certain amount of power over the deity. Hence in the OT when asked what his name is, instead of giving an answer he gives a riddle. Yahweh means I am who I am. In other words don't worry about my real name I just am who I am and shut up. Lol!
This was a tribal thing bred out of superstition.
<quoted text>
Yeah they also have a problem with the name
Jesus vs Immanuel?

If these mammals bothered to read their book they see the futility.
KJV

United States

#163469 Apr 14, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Any day I can make someone smile ain't a total waste.
So anytime you speak and everyone laughs your day is made. How nice.
KJV

United States

#163470 Apr 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Your god loved the smell of human flesh being offered up to him as a burnt offering. Just read about Jephtha's daughter the sweet, god fearing little girl who's daddy tied her to an alter and burnt her to death in praise of your god. As the bible says your god loves the smell of burning flesh. Isn't it wonderful how he let that little girl be roasted alive in his name?
Oh where is that in the Bible? I must have missed it.
KJV

United States

#163471 Apr 14, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>The universe doesn't demand worship.
So what you're are saying is you believe there is a God.

Because nothing can't demand anything.

United States

#163472 Apr 14, 2013
Ask Jephtha.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>Oh where is that in the Bible? I must have missed it.
KJV

United States

#163473 Apr 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Ask Jephtha.
Ask Gepetto?
Imhotep

Parrish, FL

#163475 Apr 14, 2013
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask Gepetto?
Speaking of Geppetto

Saint Peter is watching the gates of Heaven, but he really has to go to the bathroom. He asks Jesus to watch the gates for a few minutes, and Jesus agrees.

As Jesus is standing there, he sees an old man leading a donkey up from Earth to Heaven. He notices the old man has carpenter's tools with him. When the old man gets to the gates, Jesus asks him to describe his life and explain why he feels he should be admitted into Heaven.

The man explains, "In English, my name would be Joseph, but I didn't live in America or England. I lived a modest life, making things out of wood. I'm not remembered very well by most people, but almost everyone has heard of my son. I call him my son, but I was more of a Dad to him -- he really didn't come into this world in the usual way.

I sent my son out to be among the people of the World. He was ridiculed by many, and was even known to associate himself with some pretty unsavory characters, although he himself tried to be honest and perfect. My single biggest reason for trying to get into Heaven is to be re-united with my son."

Jesus is awe-struck by the man's story. He looks into the old man's eyes and asks, "Father?"

The old man's face brightens; he looks at Jesus, and asks, "Pinocchio?"

;)

Scottsburg, IN

#163476 Apr 14, 2013
Oh you don't know who Jephtha is. Not surprising we assumed you were ignorant about the content of your bible.
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>Ask Gepetto?
KJV

United States

#163479 Apr 14, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of Geppetto

Saint Peter is watching the gates of Heaven, but he really has to go to the bathroom. He asks Jesus to watch the gates for a few minutes, and Jesus agrees.

As Jesus is standing there, he sees an old man leading a donkey up from Earth to Heaven. He notices the old man has carpenter's tools with him. When the old man gets to the gates, Jesus asks him to describe his life and explain why he feels he should be admitted into Heaven.

The man explains, "In English, my name would be Joseph, but I didn't live in America or England. I lived a modest life, making things out of wood. I'm not remembered very well by most people, but almost everyone has heard of my son. I call him my son, but I was more of a Dad to him -- he really didn't come into this world in the usual way.

I sent my son out to be among the people of the World. He was ridiculed by many, and was even known to associate himself with some pretty unsavory characters, although he himself tried to be honest and perfect. My single biggest reason for trying to get into Heaven is to be re-united with my son."

Jesus is awe-struck by the man's story. He looks into the old man's eyes and asks, "Father?"

The old man's face brightens; he looks at Jesus, and asks, "Pinocchio?"

;)
B-)
KJV

United States

#163480 Apr 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Oh you don't know who Jephtha is. Not surprising we assumed you were ignorant about the content of your bible.
Is this the Jephthah you're referring to?

Jephthah, as described in the Old Testament's Book of Judges, served as a judge over Israel.

Or this one?

Jephtha | Welsh National Opera
www.wno.org.uk/jephthaJephtha . Composer: George Frideric Handel Librettist: Thomas Morell Director: Katie Mitchell Designer:

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#163481 Apr 14, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Him being a genocidal maniac against those he called Christ Killers tends to have that effect.
I was watching something on A n E I think and it was showing some of the Nazi inventions. Certainly they had some creative ideas.
<quoted text>
I wonder if I can find a pic of Mel Gibson with a tiny mustache..
Anyway, yes they did. Jet fuel, the autobahns, and some major medical advances. Sure the "Jesus-Killers" had to make a few sacrifices for those advances but they were just a bunch of theists.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#163482 Apr 14, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if I can find a pic of Mel Gibson with a tiny mustache..
Anyway, yes they did. Jet fuel, the autobahns, and some major medical advances. Sure the "Jesus-Killers" had to make a few sacrifices for those advances but they were just a bunch of theists.
Weasel apologist

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163483 Apr 15, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Your god loved the smell of human flesh being offered up to him as a burnt offering. Just read about Jephtha's daughter the sweet, god fearing little girl who's daddy tied her to an alter and burnt her to death in praise of your god. As the bible says your god loves the smell of burning flesh. Isn't it wonderful how he let that little girl be roasted alive in his name?
<quoted text>
Ah the ignorance of atheists....

Jephthah did something that was forbidden by Mosaic law and that is repugnant to God.(Leviticus 18:21; 20:2-5; Deuteronomy 12:31; 18:10).

That would be the same as a person asking for God’s blessing and assistance to rape women or rob banks.

God certainly would not approve of such an offer.

That's the lesson to learn. Which apparently goes right over your head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 40 min Into The Night 94,341
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) 1 hr River Tam 5,992
News Geoff Robson is wrong about Richard Dawkins, th... 1 hr Eagle 12 - 8
News Christ, Atheism, Quantum Physics, and the Natur... 7 hr nanoanomaly 1
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) Wed Eagle 12 - 142
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism May 21 Guest 6
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20