Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258041 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#163421 Apr 12, 2013
"Nother troll with nothing to say.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#163422 Apr 12, 2013
Tender pork wrote:
<quoted text> You cant fathom the degree in wich God is in control of everything.
How can that be,(which) btw when I am in control of everything? Your protest is noted , but you will get in line and you will submit. Remember who is really in control.

Never forget.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163423 Apr 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Demanding...
Ya, ya, ya... Nice of you to ignore it all.

Doncha think it was especially Christian of Hitler to imprison, torture and execute priests?

I'm positive that if it was 1932 and you were German, you'd love Hitler. He pondered to idiots like you every day.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#163424 Apr 12, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
That was good.
The tradition started with his father. I think kim jong sr's portfolio is better.

Since: Mar 11

Australia

#163425 Apr 12, 2013
Tender Pork wrote:
<quoted text> God will likely destroy you all in an earthquake. How endowed will you be then?
I can't imagine why a God would have clicked his finger's made this lovely galaxy with a Sun that no matter how nice we are, how godly, we become, is without doubt going to enlarge as it goes into Nova/Super Nova, and burn the earth up, if that doesn't happen first, we have a massive black hole in the center of our galaxy that will pull us in. That's if we don't get smashed into by a massive asteroid.
There is no God that has to do anything, this Earth will end without anyone doing anything.

Australia

#163426 Apr 12, 2013
Tender pork wrote:
<quoted text> You cant fathom the degree in wich God is in control of everything.
And nor can you. Or are you God's right hand person?
Tender pork

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#163427 Apr 12, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't imagine why a God would have clicked his finger's made this lovely galaxy with a Sun that no matter how nice we are, how godly, we become, is without doubt going to enlarge as it goes into Nova/Super Nova, and burn the earth up, if that doesn't happen first, we have a massive black hole in the center of our galaxy that will pull us in. That's if we don't get smashed into by a massive asteroid.
There is no God that has to do anything, this Earth will end without anyone doing anything.
The quantity of days the sun would shine were known before it was made. Scripture clearly states the end will come by fire.
Tender pork

San Juan, Puerto Rico

#163428 Apr 12, 2013
saidI wrote:
<quoted text>
And nor can you. Or are you God's right hand person?
Im a speck of dust resting quietly in Gods bosom , knowing its all to much for me
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

#163429 Apr 12, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The tradition started with his father. I think kim jong sr's portfolio is better.
Are you going to contribute something of substance, or are you going to keep trolling?

Scottsburg, IN

#163430 Apr 12, 2013
A select few who stood up to him sure but he did that to anyone who stood against him. All atheist and free thinker organizations closed and property gave to the church. Christianity taught by force in all public schools. Denying the creator got you dubbed a traitor. Certainly in lockstep with your beliefs yes?

He pondered to people like me? What the hell does that even mean?

Thanks for laughs sucker!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Ya, ya, ya... Nice of you to ignore it all.

Doncha think it was especially Christian of Hitler to imprison, torture and execute priests?

I'm positive that if it was 1932 and you were German, you'd love Hitler. He pondered to idiots like you every day.
Imhotep

Parrish, FL

#163431 Apr 13, 2013
Tender pork wrote:
<quoted text> The quantity of days the sun would shine were known before it was made. Scripture clearly states the end will come by fire.
Scripture?
Scripture is as useless as an ashtray on a bicycle

There is a good example Porky

And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.--Exodus 33:23

It sounds so homey and sweet, and you can imagine Dad smoking a pipe, seated next to the fireplace, while his adoring wife and children listen to him read from the Good Book.

But there's a problem with this cozy, homespun image. Dad's going to have to do a hell of a lot of speedy, judicious editing as he reads. The Bible is presented as the ultimate guide to moral principles, high standards and ethical living.

That book is everywhere, at least in the USA. You can't turn on the TV or radio or pick up a newspaper or magazine, or look in the window of a bookstore, let alone walk into one, or open a book catalogue, without being bombarded with the word "Bible."

The so-called History Channel is now featuring shows about David and Goliath and Noah's Ark, and it presents these biblical yarns as history.

It may be the world's best seller, but not one in a thousand knows what's really in it.

Pearl in Dung Syndrome.

If I must plow through piles of dung to uncover a pearl here and there, I refuse to do it.

This BuyBull is supposedly the guide to morality, inspired by a deity. Why is any of that awful stuff included in such a supposedly wonderful document?

Why does anyone have to make excuses for the filth in it?

The "context" argument does not hold. There is no moral context into which murdering babies, for example, may be inserted.

Know GOD?
"Know" nothing.
No GOD?
No Problem

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163432 Apr 13, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Spud.
How old is the universe?
13.74 billion years.

Scottsburg, IN

#163433 Apr 13, 2013
Satan hides even more bones to trick mankind!

http://news.yahoo.com/ancient-creature-mixed-...

Oh the lord of darkness was really working overtime on this one!

:))
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#163436 Apr 13, 2013
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>
Throw another atheist on the fire.
I hope the smell comes through your windows.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#163437 Apr 13, 2013
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>The tradition started with his father. I think kim jong sr's portfolio is better.
I've sent that link to friends and they all loved it.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#163438 Apr 13, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>13.74 billion years.
What was there before then?
Mary Magdalena

United States

#163439 Apr 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:

Is that you daddy?
Mary Magdalena

United States

#163440 Apr 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:

Oops

Is that your daddy!

LOL.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#163441 Apr 13, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
A. sediba.

Same article popped on my home page.
Mary Magdalena

United States

#163443 Apr 13, 2013
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>I hope the smell comes through your windows.
I love the smell of burning atheist first thing in the morning!

"Apocalypse Now" baby!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 min Into The Night 48,654
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 8 min Richardfs 5,698
Athetists' best bet is that there is a God. 1 hr JustASkeptic 40
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 7 hr scientia potentia... 23,511
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr Thinking 21,875
News Louisiana Christians reclaim safe space by runn... 12 hr Mikko 1
What are the best arguments against religion? 13 hr bluehill 1
More from around the web