Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
156,801 - 156,820 of 225,655 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
By the way, did you notice this thread?
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...
It talks about this report:
http://www.wingia.com/web/files/news/14/file/...
It rises in secularism and atheism both in the U.S and world wide over the last decade. As far as I know, it's the only study that collected its data the same way in every country that it polled. As such, it is also the only study with valid data to evaluate worldwide trends in religion.
Aw, how cute. You've found a fake company using the name "Gallup" to make them seem more believable...

Hint: That poll isn't a Gallup Poll...

LMAO!

Notice page 20? What kind of reputable polling company would use words like "age-wise", "education-wise" or "religious-wise"???

ROTFLMMFAO !!

You tried.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Of course the Catholic Church is Christian. Saying otherwise is just retarded and RR knows it.
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>Catholic Church = Christian (Fact)

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

What's the largest Christian church then?

XD
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot. Saying Catholics are Christians is like saying whites are American.

I'm sorry that's too difficult for you to understand.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

In that case deem your link to be invalid or my point stands no matter how much you stomp your feet and wail.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>A point that is a lie doesn't stand, sorry.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Or both :)
NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>When defined as such, the word is not capitalized. When capitalized, it refers to the Catholic Church as an institution or to its members. All words have multiple meanings, and which applies depends on context. Applying one meaning when another clearly fits the context is either dishonest or stupid.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

No surprise really. We see all across the world people becoming less enchanted with religion. Even in Islam they are noticing this trend.
NightSerf wrote:

It rises in secularism and atheism both in the U.S and world wide over the last decade. As far as I know, it's the only study that collected its data the same way in every country that it polled. As such, it is also the only study with valid data to evaluate worldwide trends in religion.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Yes we see atheists do wonderful things like this each and everyday. Please note she did this to assist little girls who had no hope and she is doing it for them, not some imagined heavenly reward.
Mary Magdalena wrote:
<quoted text>So what? An atheist did what just about every church does everyday. Good job yes but beat the drum a little quieter.
Your not doing it to impress people your doing it to help people.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Karl Marx
VI Lenin
Communist atheists killed 50 million in the 20th century.
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

NightSerf wrote:
Outstanding, thank you.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Communist North Koreans are taught and believe that it's leaders are supernaural gods.

http://news.yahoo.com/5-strange-cultural-fact...

Founder Kim Il Sung was known as Korea's "sun," and claimed control of the weather.

Kim Jong Il's mythology is no less extensive. His birth was hailed as "heaven sent" by propagandists, and state media has often touted impossible feats: He scored a perfect 300 the first time he tried bowling, and shot five holes-in-one the first time he played golf. Upon his death in 2011, the skies about the sacred mountain Paektu in North Korea allegedly glowed red.

Kim Jong Un, Kim Jong Il's son and successor has yet to have quite so many tall tales told about him, but the news media have described the new leader as "born of heaven" upon his ascension to head of state. In December 2012, North Korean state media declared the discovery of a lair supposedly belonging to a unicorn ridden by Tongmyong, the ancient mythical founder of Korea.

Sorry theists, looks like you just lost another one :)
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
Communist North Koreans are taught and believe that it's leaders are supernaural gods.
http://news.yahoo.com/5-strange-cultural-fact...
Founder Kim Il Sung was known as Korea's "sun," and claimed control of the weather.
Kim Jong Il's mythology is no less extensive. His birth was hailed as "heaven sent" by propagandists, and state media has often touted impossible feats: He scored a perfect 300 the first time he tried bowling, and shot five holes-in-one the first time he played golf. Upon his death in 2011, the skies about the sacred mountain Paektu in North Korea allegedly glowed red.
Kim Jong Un, Kim Jong Il's son and successor has yet to have quite so many tall tales told about him, but the news media have described the new leader as "born of heaven" upon his ascension to head of state. In December 2012, North Korean state media declared the discovery of a lair supposedly belonging to a unicorn ridden by Tongmyong, the ancient mythical founder of Korea.
Sorry theists, looks like you just lost another one :)
PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)In a move that has further ratcheted up tensions on the Korean peninsula, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un today moved his entire collection of Transformers action figures to the border with South Korea.

According to sources familiar with the size and scope of the collection, which is believed to be the largest in Asia, the mercurial Kim began assembling it when he was either eight or nine.

In Washington, an intelligence source reported that satellite photos have confirmed thousands of Transformers massing on the southern border:We are seeing no Autobots. Just tons and tons of Decepticons.

Kim himself confirmed the Transformers mobilization today on state television, announcing,I am Megatron, followed by an unintelligible roar.

The latest development in North Korea follows published reports that Kim Jong-un may be trying to obtain a light sabre.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Fun for your lives! A fatty megatron!
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)—In a move that has further ratcheted up tensions on the Korean peninsula, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un today moved his entire collection of Transformers action figures to the border with South Korea.

According to sources familiar with the size and scope of the collection, which is believed to be the largest in Asia, the mercurial Kim began assembling it when he was either eight or nine.

In Washington, an intelligence source reported that satellite photos have confirmed thousands of Transformers massing on the southern border:“We are seeing no Autobots. Just tons and tons of Decepticons.”

Kim himself confirmed the Transformers mobilization today on state television, announcing,“I am Megatron,” followed by an unintelligible roar.

The latest development in North Korea follows published reports that Kim Jong-un may be trying to obtain a light sabre.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Run for your lives*

Although it is kind of fun mocking the fatty korean angel born from heaven.

His grandpa was like Thor I guess!
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)—In a move that has further ratcheted up tensions on the Korean peninsula, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un today moved his entire collection of Transformers action figures to the border with South Korea.

In Washington, an intelligence source reported that satellite photos have confirmed thousands of Transformers massing on the southern border:“We are seeing no Autobots. Just tons and tons of Decepticons.”

Kim himself confirmed the Transformers mobilization today on state television, announcing,“I am Megatron,” followed by an unintelligible roar.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

NightSerf wrote:
<quoted text>
When defined as such, the word is not capitalized. When capitalized, it refers to the Catholic Church as an institution or to its members. All words have multiple meanings, and which applies depends on context. Applying one meaning when another clearly fits the context is either dishonest or stupid.
That's RR's specialty.
Imhotep

Riverview, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Fun for your lives! A fatty megatron!
<quoted text>
I find the - "dear leader" of North Korea off.

The little fat kid is continually being photographed with binoculars or looking intently at something- personally I think he waiting for a bus.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Now that's funny I am going to have to use that! Someone needs to photoshop a lunchbox in his hand or something!
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>I find the - "dear leader" of North Korea off.

The little fat kid is continually being photographed with binoculars or looking intently at something- personally I think he waiting for a bus.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Bwahahahahahahahaha!
Now that's funny I am going to have to use that! Someone needs to photoshop a lunchbox in his hand or something!
<quoted text>
You will love this:

http://kimjongunlookingatthings.tumblr.com/
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Bwahahahahahahahaha!
<quoted text>
I like Andy - He always puts a smile my face

PYONGYANG (The Borowitz Report)Saying that he could no longer keep up the punishing pace of sabre rattling seven days a week, North Korean dictator Kim Jong-un said today that beginning this month he will take weekends off from vowing to incinerate the world.

After the official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) released a revised April Threat Schedule showing that Kims declarations of war and doomsday ultimatums would be limited to Monday through Friday, North Koreas Supreme Leader explained his decision to make his weekends threat-free:Dad always told me that you have to pace yourself in this job. The biggest danger isnt the United Statesits burnout.

Kim said that he made his decision over the past weekend, after he issued his forty-ninth official statement threatening to engulf the mainland U.S. in a nuclear Armageddon:I was in the middle of saying infernal sea of fire, and I kind of realized, hey, Im just phoning it in. And I never want to be that guy.

By resting his violent rhetoric on weekends, Kim said,On Monday through Friday Ill have the insanity and unmitigated rage necessary to do this job right.

Referring to his streak of three hundred and fifty-two consecutive days in which he threatened to destroy the world, Kim said,Im proud of it, sure. But nothing lasts forever.

Kim began the month of April with a fresh round of threats, announcing today that North Korea had blocked South Korea on Pinterest.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

He does have that look of a fat kid being blown away looking at something he doesn't understand doesn't he?

Lmfao he looks so damn clueless!
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You will love this:

http://kimjongunlookingatthings.tumblr.com/

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

and civility abounds.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr mannnu81 21,463
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 2 hr religionisillness 104
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr religionisillness 365
The Ultimate Evidence of God 2 hr religionisillness 44
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 2 hr religionisillness 84
If Christianity were true... 2 hr religionisillness 151
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 2 hr religionisillness 152

Search the Atheism Forum:
•••