Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163082 Apr 5, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
Whole bunch of damning quotes RiversideRedneck.
Apologise away...troll liar
http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2006/08/23...
Ok, Septic.

I'm sorry that you're to retarded to know when a politician is pandering to retards like you and when he's telling the truth.

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#163083 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever bother to read something of Hitler that isn't a speech?
No?
I thought not.
You have nothing of merit to say to a wall of quotes that undeniably nail hitler to your cult.
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#163085 Apr 5, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> However they are "saved" and you and your ilk are not. They will all be sitting at a banquet table watching you when your real troubles begin. Whats that fearful surprised look on your face?
Saved from what?

Will the Muslim martyrs be there dining with you?
I guess the 72 virgins are no longer virgins by now,

“A knowing simplicity is easily distinguished from the barrenness of ignorance.”
— Charles B. Rogers
Thinking

Staines, UK

#163087 Apr 5, 2013
Few churches espouse individualism.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you mean Hitler's Gleichschaltung...
It means "coordination", "making the same", "bringing into line", it's a Nazi term for the process by which the Nazi regime successively established a system of totalitarian control and coordination over all aspects of society.
Nice "church", eh?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#163089 Apr 5, 2013
All you can eat fat rolls! Ewwwwww that's a visual we didn't need!
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>He's a Buck muncher.

Lexington, KY

#163090 Apr 5, 2013
No I meant Hitler wanted to champion Protestant Christianity in Germany, sure it had it's benefits but as we see Hitler was moving away from the Catholic Church and moving more in line towards how your church operates.

You're welcome.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose you mean Hitler's Gleichschaltung...

It means "coordination", "making the same", "bringing into line", it's a Nazi term for the process by which the Nazi regime successively established a system of totalitarian control and coordination over all aspects of society.

Nice "church", eh?
Lincoln

United States

#163091 Apr 5, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Few churches espouse individualism.
<quoted text>
UK?
School Standards and Framework Act 1998 states that all pupils in state schools must take part in a daily act of collective worship, unless their parents request that they be excused from attending.[19] The majority of these acts of collective worship are required to be "wholly or mainly of a broadly Christian character", with two exceptions:

* Religious schools, which should provide worship appropriate to the school's religion (although most religious schools in the UK are Christian.)
* Schools where the Local Education Authority's Standing Advisory Council on Religious Education has determined that Christian worship would not be appropriate for part or all of the school.

Currently, Section 70 of the School Standards and Framework Act 1998 is not compatible with Article 9 of European Convention on Human Rights, part of the Human Rights Act 1998.

Despite there being a statutory requirement for schools to hold a daily act of collective worship, many do not. OFSTED's 2002-03 annual report, for example, states that 80% of secondary schools are not providing daily worship for all pupils.

Lexington, KY

#163092 Apr 5, 2013
Looks like this lady had a stronger encounter with god. You were touched in the head and heard some mumbling, she has a goldfish cheese cracker!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/florida-...
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I assume by "flock" you mean a herd of animals...
Perhaps you don't know it has multiple meanings...

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#163093 Apr 5, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So.
Remember Obama with Joe the plumber?
Obama "looked" happy, too.
Funny how politicians pretend, isn't it?
I think that the whole hitler thing is stupid, and don't really care whether he was religious or not, but it's funny how you claim he was pretending when he said anything that contradicts your opinion of him.
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#163094 Apr 6, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
Saved from what?
Will the Muslim martyrs be there dining with you?
I guess the 72 virgins are no longer virgins by now,
“A knowing simplicity is easily distinguished from the barrenness of ignorance.”
— Charles B. Rogers
A muslims only valid means of atonement is obedience to the law. Those in Christ have a "valid" means of atonement through Jesus, much to atheists chagrin.
International Version (NIV)

6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#163095 Apr 6, 2013
Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>Ever read Mein Kamph? I could barely get through 2chapters of that drivel.. Dullest piece of psychotic rambling ever.
Of course you would say that, when it indicts your religion so clearly.

United States

#163096 Apr 6, 2013
And Obiwon Kinobi said... You must learn the ways of the force like your father if you are to come with me to Alderan.

I mean you were just quoting fiction right?
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text>A muslims only valid means of atonement is obedience to the law. Those in Christ have a "valid" means of atonement through Jesus, much to atheists chagrin.

6 Jesus answered,Β“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163097 Apr 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I suppose you mean Hitler's Gleichschaltung...

Nice "church", eh?
You seem to know an awful lot about hitler and naziism.

Are you in a club or something?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#163098 Apr 6, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like this lady had a stronger encounter with god. You were touched in the head and heard some mumbling, she has a goldfish cheese cracker!

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/florida-...
Lol!

Did you read some of the comments?

And $8100 for a chicken mcnugget?!

I'm going to start looking at my food more carefully. I may be able to retire early after all.

United States

#163099 Apr 6, 2013
I know right? Imagine all the Virgin Mary, Jesus and other spiritual beings in a Cheetos, chicken nugget, grilled cheese sandwich, Tator tot or cracker you have eaten!
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Lol!

Did you read some of the comments?

And $8100 for a chicken mcnugget?!

I'm going to start looking at my food more carefully. I may be able to retire early after all.

Lexington, KY

#163100 Apr 6, 2013
Atheist Angelina Jolie pledges $200,000 to The Malala Fund.

This money will go to save and educate young girls age 5-12, who are currently forced into domestic work rather than attending school.

“Today I’m going to announce the happiest moment of my life and that is the first grant of the Malala fund," said Yousafzai. "We are going to educate 40 girls, and I want all of you to support the Malala fund and let us turn 40 girls into 40 million girls."

http://shine.yahoo.com/women-in-the-world/ang...
Imhotep

Hernando, FL

#163101 Apr 6, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> A muslims only valid means of atonement is obedience to the law. Those in Christ have a "valid" means of atonement through Jesus, much to atheists chagrin.
6 Jesus answered,“I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me
You worship the same imaginary being as a
Jew, Muslim, or Christian - the different 'made up' rules on how to subjugate themselves to this diety are unintentionally hilarious and for the delusional only.

Ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.--Ezekiel 39:19

Would you like that order supersized?
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#163104 Apr 6, 2013
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
You worship the same imaginary being as a
Jew, Muslim, or Christian - the different 'made up' rules on how to subjugate themselves to this diety are unintentionally hilarious and for the delusional only.
Ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.--Ezekiel 39:19
Would you like that order supersized?
Spiritual things are spiritually discerned , jackass
Bongo

Bayport, NY

#163105 Apr 6, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
And Obiwon Kinobi said... You must learn the ways of the force like your father if you are to come with me to Alderan.
I mean you were just quoting fiction right?
<quoted text>
You likely lapsed into syncope after trying to be a Christian. Fiction?, whatcha gonna do on that day, claim fiction?---------
Mark 4:5 Some fell on rocky places, where it did not have much soil. It sprang up quickly, because the soil was shallow.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#163106 Apr 6, 2013
-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
You have nothing of merit to say to a wall of quotes that undeniably nail hitler to your cult.
You have nothing to merit that Hitler wasn't a lying politician.

You fail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr Eagle 12 2,407
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 14 hr Pahu 33
God' existence 14 hr Carchar king 63
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 14 hr Carchar king 138
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 21 hr Crazy Mess 1
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Thu thetruth 1,442
More from around the web