Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
156,521 - 156,540 of 224,675 Comments Last updated 15 min ago

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/w p/2013/03/26/galactic-plasmoid s/

We are product, I tell you. A switch was thrown and we were created.

Or something like that.

Been out of town. Will return in a couple of days.

Happy Easter.
Who made the switch?

Since: Mar 11

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

So Dave pulls a random Internet article and then attributes his Jesus as the cause of the content. Old confused people often say the same thing with a pretty sunset for example saying Jesus made that for us.

You did post this so we could mock your mental fragility right Dave?
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.thunderbolts.info/w p/2013/03/26/galactic-plasmoid s/

We are product, I tell you. A switch was thrown and we were created.

Or something like that.

Been out of town. Will return in a couple of days.

Happy Easter.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

atheists in power have an unattractive history in Eastern Europe.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
christians in power have an unattractive history in Europe.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
Religion in power has a much worse record as demonstrated by the 100 years war, the cause of the dark ages, and lets not forgets it's most shining moment.....the inquisition!!!! Never has anyone gone to war under the banner of Atheism, Never has anyone killed over a Lack of belief. All of the people you are about to mention killed for reasons of power and control, not because of religion.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
Atheism makes no sense.
Amusing faith in nothing :-)
Atheists don't need FAITH, FAITH is the permission that religious people give to each other when actual evidence is non-existent. You ONLY require FAITH when trying to justify that which is only imagined. As an Atheists I have evidence for everything I believe in, can you say the same?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Church goer shoots his father on Easter... At Church!

http://news.yahoo.com/shooting-reported-outsi...

Oh that peace and Christian harmony!

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Children are educated by what the grown up is and not by his talk." ~ Carl Jung
Most children know when a grown up is talking shyt.
The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.
Carl Jung

The man was brilliant.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>
The shoe that fits one person pinches another; there is no recipe for living that suits all cases.
Carl Jung
The man was brilliant.
The man needed serious help.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
The man needed serious help.
YOu mean like a better publicist?

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Lil Ticked wrote:
<quoted text>YOu mean like a better publicist?
Like an introverted assassin.

“There is no such thing”

as a reasonable person

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.
Carl Jung

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Lincoln wrote:
Nobody has ever killed in the name of atheism.

Its a lack of belief in god and nothing else.

Why don't you apologise for hitler being a catholic and killing jews because of his religious army?

Why can't you admit a simple event in history? Man up and face the truth cos that's the work of your *god* whether you like it or not.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

-Skeptic- wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody has ever killed in the name of atheism.
Its a lack of belief in god and nothing else.
Why don't you apologise for hitler being a catholic and killing jews because of his religious army?
Why can't you admit a simple event in history? Man up and face the truth cos that's the work of your *god* whether you like it or not.
Hey Septic, why don't you go ahead and prove that Hitler didn't renounce his religion....

You can't.

Hitler had religious parents, but he certainly wasn't.

(Cue the google search of "Hitler religious speech" in 3...2...1...)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Septic, why don't you go ahead and prove that Hitler didn't renounce his religion....
You can't.
Why don;t you prove your f*cking god your lying theist troll piece of sh*t.

Hitler was catholic and it said "In god we trust" on every single nazi belt.

You idiots can't even admit a glaring piece of evidence like this. What hope is there for you to remove the hateful verses about atheists in your bible.

Retarded brainwashed pigs and an insult to nature and the universe.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

"Hence today I believe that I am acting in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator: by defending myself against the Jew, I am fighting for the work of the Lord."[36]
Hitler

"Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith."[97]

Hitler.

That's right you read that second quote correctly, you're ALL on hitler's side.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

But will the stupid f*ck RiversideRedneck admit his defeat???

of course not, he's a lying creationist twit after all..
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't.
Not quite

http://www.humanitas-international.org/showca...

"And finally we were also the first to point the people on any large scale to a danger which insinuated itself into our midst - a danger which millions failed to realize and which will nonetheless lead us all into ruin - the Jewish danger. And today people are saying yet again that we were 'agitators.' "I would like here to appeal to a greater than I, Count Lerchenfeld. He said in the last session of the Landtag that his feeling 'as a man and a Christian' prevented him from being an anti-Semite. I SAY: MY FEELING AS A CHRISTIAN POINTS ME TO MY LORD AND SAVIOUR AS A FIGHTER. IT POINTS ME TO THE MAN WHO ONCE IN LONELINESS, SURROUNDED ONLY BY A FEW FOLLOWERS, RECOGNIZED THESE JEWS FOR WHAT THEY WERE AND SUMMONED MEN TO THE FIGHT AGAINST THEM AND WHO, GOD'S TRUTH! WAS GREATEST NOT AS SUFFERER BUT AS FIGHTER. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and of adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before - the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. And as a man I have the duty to see to it that human society does not suffer the same catastrophic collapse as did the civilization of the ancient world some two thousand years ago - a civilization which was driven to its ruin through this same Jewish people.

Is a picture worth 1000 words?

http://www.nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm

I suggest you get your facts straight before attempting to distort them.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Not quite

http://www.humanitas-international.org/showca...

"And finally we were also the first to point the people on any large scale to a danger which insinuated itself into our midst - a danger which millions failed to realize and which will nonetheless lead us all into ruin - the Jewish danger. And today people are saying yet again that we were 'agitators.' "I would like here to appeal to a greater than I, Count Lerchenfeld. He said in the last session of the Landtag that his feeling 'as a man and a Christian' prevented him from being an anti-Semite. I SAY: MY FEELING AS A CHRISTIAN POINTS ME TO MY LORD AND SAVIOUR AS A FIGHTER. IT POINTS ME TO THE MAN WHO ONCE IN LONELINESS, SURROUNDED ONLY BY A FEW FOLLOWERS, RECOGNIZED THESE JEWS FOR WHAT THEY WERE AND SUMMONED MEN TO THE FIGHT AGAINST THEM AND WHO, GOD'S TRUTH! WAS GREATEST NOT AS SUFFERER BUT AS FIGHTER. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and of adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before - the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice. And as a man I have the duty to see to it that human society does not suffer the same catastrophic collapse as did the civilization of the ancient world some two thousand years ago - a civilization which was driven to its ruin through this same Jewish people.

Is a picture worth 1000 words?

http://www.nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm

I suggest you get your facts straight before attempting to distort them.
Facts?

RR don't need no steenking facts.
Largelanguage

Denbigh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't.
Come on child, describe your feelings, or have you just shown yourself to be a confused little boy, if you can't describe your feelings that prove a God?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists, give up your lost religion and seek t... (Nov '13) 40 min MrDesoto1 233
The Ultimate Evidence of God 45 min CunningLinguist 19
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 70,966
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Patrick 266
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Carchar king 21,409
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 4 hr Carchar king 31
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Buck Crick 852
•••
•••