Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#162191 Mar 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Is that a good film to watch?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#162192 Mar 25, 2013
Harley Rider wrote:
How can people believe there is no God? I don't get it...where do you people think everything on earth came from?
Cosmic debris.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#162193 Mar 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Give over with Josephus and Tacitus. Both those claims have been repeatedly blown out of the water.
Except for generalized vaguenesses like "bad stuff is going to happen someplace, at some point in time" not a single Biblical prophecy has been "fulfilled".
31,000 "unfulfilled" prophecies? That's, what, lies that haven't happened yet?
The Bible, yes, cites facts - but only those that were known at the time of writing.
Wow.
I didn't say 31,000 did I?

"(1) Some time before 500 B.C. the prophet Daniel proclaimed that Israel's long-awaited Messiah would begin his public ministry 483 years after the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25-26). He further predicted that the Messiah would be "cut off," killed, and that this event would take place prior to a second destruction of Jerusalem. Abundant documentation shows that these prophecies were perfectly fulfilled in the life (and crucifixion) of Jesus Christ. The decree regarding the restoration of Jerusalem was issued by Persia's King Artaxerxes to the Hebrew priest Ezra in 458 B.C., 483 years later the ministry of Jesus Christ began in Galilee.(Remember that due to calendar changes, the date for the start of Christ's ministry is set by most historians at about 26 A.D. Also note that from 1 B.C. to 1 A.D. is just one year.) Jesus' crucifixion occurred only a few years later, and about four decades later, in 70 A.D. came the destruction of Jerusalem by Titus.

(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 105.)*"

There are too many to post, read for yourself.

http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulf...

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#162194 Mar 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't even make one word out of it.
Now say, juniorhighschool as one word.
What bullshitters. Anything for an argument.
You make the egotistical assumption that the US spelling is the only correct one, eg. color and colour.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#162195 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I took algebra before I took calculus....
derp
LOL

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162196 Mar 25, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Facts about the Bible... perhaps.
The stories in it, like the History Channel's dramatization, are ridiculous.
That's a fact.
What Holds the Earth Up?

Three thousand years ago the Hindu scriptures recorded the earth was resting on the backs of several huge elephants. The elephants were resting on the back of a very large turtle that was swimming in a sea. Greek mythology claims that the god Atlas was holding the earth on his shoulders. But our Bible says in Job 26:7 "[God] hangeth the earth on nothing." What a remarkable statement of fact. The earth is suspended in space. Nothing is holding it up. Job wrote about the same time the Hindu Scripture was written. How did Job know this scientific fact? Only God could have revealed this to Job. The Old Testament prophets wrote as they were moved by the holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21). The Judeo-Christian Bible is the inspired Word of God.

Flat Versus Round Earth

For thousands of years people believed the earth was flat. If one went too far, he would fall over the edge. This was taught in both Hindu and Buddhist scripture. In the 1500s, the first ship sailed around the world. This proved the earth was round. But the round earth was recorded in the Judeo-Christian Bible long before man discovered it in the 1500s.

The prophet Isaiah (40:22) spoke of the "circle of the earth." Solomon wrote, "He [God] set a compass [circle] upon the face of the deep." Proverbs 8:27. In our century, Arabs spoke of infidels being pushed over the edge into space. About 3,000 years ago, our Bible said the earth was round. This was not discovered until 500 years ago. Indeed, the Judeo-Christian Bible is the inspired Word of God.

There's more.

http://www.bibletoday.com/archive/proof_text....

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#162197 Mar 25, 2013
I predict people will finish reading this sentence.

Muwahahahahahaaaaa!

I'm a prophet.

Location hidden

#162198 Mar 25, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recommend film, wait for the movie!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162199 Mar 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You was touched, in the head?
On the head, Aura. On the head.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162200 Mar 25, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
But didn't your Jesus allegedly say something about not changing anything whatsoever of the ancient laws?
Yes, Jesus was talking about the 10 Commandments given to Moses from God. The Pharisees at the time had bastardized the laws, Jesus meant to keep them as they were.
And hang on a minute, "The laws of Leviticus are not recorded so that all can follow.
They were recorded so that we would understand how cruel and barbaric they were. So we would not repeat their mistakes."
That means that homosexuality, and by extension gay marriage, are okay.
Yes. I've mentioned that on other threads. I've even advised HL to use that knowledge in her favor if a Christard tried to use it against her homosexuality.

I'm not sure what God thinks of homos, but I do know that He wants sex to remain within (and only within) a marriage.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#162201 Mar 25, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
If your only other option is History Channel's "The Bible"...

Yes.

IOW... No.
Rush

Columbus, NE

#162202 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right.
oops
I take it back.
LOL Thank you sir, and may the force be with you!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#162203 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Because I took algebra before I took calculus....
derp
Richardfs wrote:
LOL
What?

Location hidden

#162204 Mar 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> You was touched, in the head?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
On the head, Aura. On the head.

You did file a police report right?

Location hidden

#162205 Mar 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> I don't recommend film, wait for the movie!
a what?

Location hidden

#162206 Mar 25, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
If your only other option is History Channel's "The Bible"...
Yes.
IOW... No.
LOL! I'll give it a miss then!!

Time team was the worst! It was about British history and digging and digging and some more digging. They use to make us watch it in school, it was torture!!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#162207 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What Holds the Earth Up?
Three thousand years ago the Hindu scriptures recorded the earth was resting on the backs of several huge elephants. The elephants were resting on the back of a very large turtle that was swimming in a sea. Greek mythology claims that the god Atlas was holding the earth on his shoulders. But our Bible says in Job 26:7 "[God] hangeth the earth on nothing." What a remarkable statement of fact. The earth is suspended in space. Nothing is holding it up. Job wrote about the same time the Hindu Scripture was written. How did Job know this scientific fact? Only God could have revealed this to Job. The Old Testament prophets wrote as they were moved by the holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21). The Judeo-Christian Bible is the inspired Word of God.
Flat Versus Round Earth
For thousands of years people believed the earth was flat. If one went too far, he would fall over the edge. This was taught in both Hindu and Buddhist scripture. In the 1500s, the first ship sailed around the world. This proved the earth was round. But the round earth was recorded in the Judeo-Christian Bible long before man discovered it in the 1500s.
The prophet Isaiah (40:22) spoke of the "circle of the earth." Solomon wrote, "He [God] set a compass [circle] upon the face of the deep." Proverbs 8:27. In our century, Arabs spoke of infidels being pushed over the edge into space. About 3,000 years ago, our Bible said the earth was round. This was not discovered until 500 years ago. Indeed, the Judeo-Christian Bible is the inspired Word of God.
There's more.
http://www.bibletoday.com/archive/proof_text....
That does not prove there's a god.

It might prove someone was an astute observer and figured those things out... that's all... if that.

Aristarchus figured it out with nothing more than observation and geometry.

The Bible is full of nonsense. A few "truths" mixed in doesn't change that.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#162208 Mar 25, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You make the egotistical assumption that the US spelling is the only correct one, eg. color and colour.
http://www.university-list.net/uk/rank/school...

http://www.eslprintables.com/forum/topic.asp...

I make the assumption high school is two words in Britain, and have sure knowledge you are a troll.

Find me highschool, professor.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#162209 Mar 25, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! I'll give it a miss then!!
Time team was the worst! It was about British history and digging and digging and some more digging. They use to make us watch it in school, it was torture!!
What kind of movies do you like?

Any preferred genre?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#162210 Mar 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say 31,000 did I?
"(1) Some time before 500 B.C. the prophet Daniel proclaimed that Israel's long-awaited Messiah would begin his public ministry 483 years after the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem (Daniel 9:25-26). He further predicted that the Messiah would be "cut off," killed, and that this event would take place prior to a second destruction of Jerusalem. Abundant documentation shows that these prophecies were perfectly fulfilled in the life (and crucifixion) of Jesus Christ. The decree regarding the restoration of Jerusalem was issued by Persia's King Artaxerxes to the Hebrew priest Ezra in 458 B.C., 483 years later the ministry of Jesus Christ began in Galilee.(Remember that due to calendar changes, the date for the start of Christ's ministry is set by most historians at about 26 A.D. Also note that from 1 B.C. to 1 A.D. is just one year.) Jesus' crucifixion occurred only a few years later, and about four decades later, in 70 A.D. came the destruction of Jerusalem by Titus.
(Probability of chance fulfillment = 1 in 105.)*"
There are too many to post, read for yourself.
http://www.reasons.org/articles/articles/fulf...
"there are still more than 3,100 verses with unfulfilled prophecies."

Okay, concedo - how many prophecies are contained in the "more than 31,000 verses"?

Erm, according to Biblical prophecy, your Jesus was NOT the Messiah.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 3 hr Even Steven 1,014
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 11 hr thetruth 14,445
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 12 hr thetruth 25
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 16 hr Catholic Girl 27
Why the Internet is slowly strangling religion Tue Dally Mama 3
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow Tue Carchar king 4
Why Christians should stick up for atheists Tue Carchar king 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE