Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Mar 11

United States

#161903 Mar 24, 2013
Two hayabusa engines on mine :)
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'm gonna mount a quad .50 on mine.

United States

#161904 Mar 24, 2013
As usual you are unable to back up your assertions.

I humbly accept your defeat.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Cuz it's a Loser.

United States

#161905 Mar 24, 2013
As if RR ever took algebra! Lol!
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>How was that? Since you didn't pay attention in algebra, especially letters in algebra, and calculas.

United States

#161906 Mar 24, 2013
What about Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster Dave? Are they in on it as well?

I can't believe you are really this stupid.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>"Contemporary opinion
Main article: Illuminati

John Robison, a professor of natural philosophy at Edinburgh University in Scotland and a member of a Freemason Lodge there, said he had been asked to join the Illuminati. After consideration he concluded that the Illuminati were not for him. In 1798 he published a book called Proofs of a Conspiracy in which he wrote: "An association has been formed for the express purposes of rooting out all the religious establishments and overturning all existing governments ... the leaders would rule the World with uncontrollable power, while all the rest would be employed as tools of the ambition of their unknown superiors." This book was sent to George Washington, who replied:

It was not my intention to doubt that, the Doctrines of the Illuminati, and principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more truly satisfied of this fact than I am. The idea that I meant to convey, was, that I did not believe that the Lodges of Free Masons in this Country had, as Societies, endeavoured to propagate the diabolical tenets of the first, or pernicious principles of the latter (if they are susceptible of separation)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Weishaupt

Sounds like the nutcase liberals of today to me. They want to change everything.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#161907 Mar 24, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious you are a conservative.
You've wanted nothing to change.
I'm guessing your cutoff date for what you deem "accepted" change was 1966. Who knows.
Civilizations and societies change, Dave.
Continually.
You would be utterly amazed and astounded as to what my real political leanings are.

However I have learned things from history. There is a mindset that needs to be eliminated before such can truly take hold.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161908 Mar 24, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know the difference between Astrology and Astronomy?
Well I guess that shows us how effective your method of acquiring knowledge is.
Yes I know the difference, it was a typo.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161909 Mar 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
As if RR ever took algebra! Lol!
<quoted text>
I did take algebra - I high school.

There was no need for me to advance my knowledge in that subject.

And now I've forgotten most of it. You know, if you don't use it, you lose it....

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#161910 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I know the difference, it was a typo.
You said astrology, now it's astronomy.

Name the typo. The "l"? the "g"?

Lake of fire for you dude, your pants are on fire already.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#161911 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I have planet of math knowledge, just not calculus.
And I know it isn't spelled "maths".....
This statement alone speaks volumes, Calculus is the corner stone of all Science and Engineering.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#161912 Mar 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Zing! Did I call I or did I call it?
<quoted text>
You called it.

He just can't help himself.

Location hidden

#161913 Mar 24, 2013
"Philosophically, as a materialist creature, the bourgeois man was irreligious; thus, to establish an existential distinction between the supernatural faith of the Roman Catholic Church and the materialist faith of temporal religion; in The Autarchy of Culture: Intellectuals and Fascism in the 1930s, the priest Giuseppe Marino said that:

Christianity is essentially anti-bourgeois ... A Christian, a true Christian, and thus a Catholic, is the opposite of a bourgeois.[13]

Culturally, the bourgeois man is unmanly, effeminate, and infantile; describing his philistinism in Bonifica antiborghese (1939), Roberto Paravese said that the:

Middle class, middle man, incapable of great virtue or great vice: and there would be nothing wrong with that, if only he would be willing to remain as such; but, when his child-like or feminine tendency to camouflage pushes him to dream of grandeur, honours, and thus riches, which he cannot achieve honestly with his own "second-rate" powers, then the average man compensates with cunning, schemes, and mischief; he kicks out ethics, and becomes a bourgeois.

The bourgeois is the average man who does not accept to remain such, and who, lacking the strength sufficient for the conquest of essential values -- those of the spirit -- opts for material ones, for appearances.[14]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourgeoisie

Interesting observations.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#161914 Mar 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
"Philosophically, as a materialist creature, the bourgeois man was irreligious; thus, to establish an existential distinction between the supernatural faith of the Roman Catholic Church and the materialist faith of temporal religion; in The Autarchy of Culture: Intellectuals and Fascism in the 1930s, the priest Giuseppe Marino said that:
Christianity is essentially anti-bourgeois ... A Christian, a true Christian, and thus a Catholic, is the opposite of a bourgeois.[13]
Culturally, the bourgeois man is unmanly, effeminate, and infantile; describing his philistinism in Bonifica antiborghese (1939), Roberto Paravese said that the:
Middle class, middle man, incapable of great virtue or great vice: and there would be nothing wrong with that, if only he would be willing to remain as such; but, when his child-like or feminine tendency to camouflage pushes him to dream of grandeur, honours, and thus riches, which he cannot achieve honestly with his own "second-rate" powers, then the average man compensates with cunning, schemes, and mischief; he kicks out ethics, and becomes a bourgeois.
The bourgeois is the average man who does not accept to remain such, and who, lacking the strength sufficient for the conquest of essential values -- those of the spirit -- opts for material ones, for appearances.[14]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bourgeoisie
Interesting observations.
Just remember:-
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161919 Mar 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You said astrology, now it's astronomy.
Name the typo. The "l"? the "g"?
Lake of fire for you dude, your pants are on fire already.
iPhone, dude.

Autocorrect, dude.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161920 Mar 24, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
This statement alone speaks volumes, Calculus is the corner stone of all Science and Engineering.
I know.

I don't understand calculus.

Big deal.

I don't have to in my profession.

No more than physicist needs to know the difference between a jigsaw and a bandsaw....

Location hidden

#161921 Mar 24, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
That is why people like you are so scary. The similarity in mindset in pursuit of their perfect societies.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#161922 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
iPhone, dude.
Autocorrect, dude.
You could use some autocorrect yourself.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#161923 Mar 24, 2013
Bongo wrote:
<quoted text> I disagree. You should have learned to respect your elders. Dave is the sharpest tool in this topix shed,perhaps you are jealous?

You think a banana is sharp?
ha Ha hA HAH!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#161925 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did take algebra - I high school.
There was no need for me to advance my knowledge in that subject.
And now I've forgotten most of it. You know, if you don't use it, you lose it....

I high school? Is that like in the movie how high?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161926 Mar 24, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
You could use some autocorrect yourself.
Why, because I'm different than you?

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

#161929 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know.
I don't understand calculus.
Big deal.
I don't have to in my profession.
No more than physicist needs to know the difference between a jigsaw and a bandsaw....
But you see I am a Physicist, I also own and can use a jigsaw, horizontal band saw, drop saw, wood lathe, metal lathe (1m between centers), mill, bench drill, bench grinders, ect...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 min thetruth 23,289
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr _Bad Company 220
God' existence 1 hr thetruth 100
Evidence for God! 1 hr thetruth 378
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 1 hr thetruth 2,637
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 1 hr thetruth 183
Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 1 hr thetruth 5,965
More from around the web