Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258482 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#161858 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Staring at yourself again?
It's ok RR.

Don't cry.

You'll rust up your assault rifle.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161859 Mar 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, interesting. Personally I don't know too many people who think Astrology is a means of acquiring intelligence or any scientific knowledge.
But I can understand someone who believes Biblical mythology might also consider Astrology, Tarot Card Reading, Reading Tea Leaves, Reading tossed Bones, soothsaying, etc would all provide one with knowledge.
I and my fellow atheists rely mostly on Science,(like Astronomy, Physics, biology, micro-biology, geology, paleontology, arthropology et. al) mathematics, observations, experimentation etc to understand the universe. Its a heck of a lot more reliable than a book of fiction written by a bunch of nomadic desert dwellers from the Bronze Age
Right. That's one way of acquiring knowledge...

But not the only way.

I hafta LOL at what you think you "know" about the universe.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161860 Mar 24, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ok RR.
Don't cry.
You'll rust up your assault rifle.
Hold me...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#161861 Mar 24, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>Hmmm, interesting. Personally I don't know too many people who think Astrology is a means of acquiring intelligence or any scientific knowledge.

But I can understand someone who believes Biblical mythology might also consider Astrology, Tarot Card Reading, Reading Tea Leaves, Reading tossed Bones, soothsaying, etc would all provide one with knowledge.

I and my fellow atheists rely mostly on Science,(like Astronomy, Physics, biology, micro-biology, geology, paleontology, arthropology et. al) mathematics, observations, experimentation etc to understand the universe. Its a heck of a lot more reliable than a book of fiction written by a bunch of nomadic desert dwellers from the Bronze Age
RR would hurt himself.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#161862 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Right. That's one way of acquiring knowledge...

But not the only way.

I hafta LOL at what you think you "know" about the universe.
No.

That was 8 or 9 ways of understanding the true nature of the world we live in.

And the really neat thing about them is that where they overlap, they confirm each other in entirely different and independent ways.

That's when things start reaching the point where we can say we "know", as you put it.

Nothing corroborates your bible.

I'm willing to bet you've never even read your bible.

Since: Sep 08

La Junta, CO

#161863 Mar 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you trying to say there can be no order or discipline within a
institution?
Was an organization of "freethinkers", not an institution. Institutions have bull goose looneys.

BTW, your Illuminati was started by a Jesuit. Was the only one with brains to do so, I guess. It's purpose was to subvert the existing order and replace it with its own. Replete with your order and discipline and hierarchy, etc.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#161864 Mar 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Was an organization of "freethinkers", not an institution. Institutions have bull goose looneys.
BTW, your Illuminati was started by a Jesuit. Was the only one with brains to do so, I guess. It's purpose was to subvert the existing order and replace it with its own. Replete with your order and discipline and hierarchy, etc.

No Dave it was started to share knowledge that was suppressed by the church. It was heresy to study forbidden knowledge and the church would punish people for conducting study that was leading to anything contradictory to church doctrine.

Since: Sep 08

La Junta, CO

#161865 Mar 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No Dave it was started to share knowledge that was suppressed by the church. It was heresy to study forbidden knowledge and the church would punish people for conducting study that was leading to anything contradictory to church doctrine.
"Founder of the Illuminati

On 1 May 1776 Weishaupt formed the "Order of Perfectibilists". He adopted the name of "Brother Spartacus" within the order. Although the Order was not egalitarian or democratic internally, it sought to promote the doctrines of equality and freedom throughout society.[17]

The actual character of the society was an elaborate network of spies and counter-spies. Each isolated cell of initiates reported to a superior, whom they did not know, a party structure that was effectively adopted by some later groups.[17]

Weishaupt was initiated into the Masonic Lodge "Theodor zum guten Rath", at Munich in 1777. His project of "illumination, enlightening the understanding by the sun of reason, which will dispel the clouds of superstition and of prejudice" was an unwelcome reform.[17] Soon however he had developed gnostic mysteries of his own, with the goal of "perfecting human nature" through re-education to achieve a communal state with nature, freed of government and organized religion. He began working towards incorporating his system of Illuminism with that of Freemasonry.[17]

Weishaupt's radical rationalism and vocabulary was not likely to succeed. Writings that were intercepted in 1784 were interpreted as seditious, and the Society was banned by the government of Karl Theodor, Elector of Bavaria, in 1784. Weishaupt lost his position at the University of Ingolstadt and fled Bavaria."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Weishaupt

Forerunner of today's nutcase liberals.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#161866 Mar 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Forerunner of today's nutcase liberals.
Ha ha hah, you're funny.
That could be true in a small way, but hardly connectable except in a twisted way.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161867 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think a diploma has anything to do with being successful and/or happy?
I did earn a high school diploma, nitwit.
Again, your assumptions are getting tiresome and boring.
How was that? Since you didn't pay attention in algebra, especially letters in algebra, and calculas.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161868 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA !!
I say that my wife rapes me and you think that's a bad thing...
Child.
Come on RR, laughing with "HA HA!!" and calling me "Child" and going in a spin only makes me happy to see how far I've got with you. You are losing it.

Yes, RR, it IS a bad thing. Consent in marriage should always be done, I'm sorry to explain too much to you, but someone who doesn't care about consent clearly does not love their spouse.

You are being used, RR, accept that.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161869 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA !!
I say that my wife rapes me and you think that's a bad thing...
Child.
Oh, btw RR, it is the Child who does not understand consent.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161870 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I knew you wouldn't let it go.
Or maybe you forgot, it was 24 hours ago after all...
Page 7777, yesterday.
TheBlackSheep | Friday
No shit, genesis! The "artificially coloring" is there in place of numbers so that you can easily see the pattern. Much like a sales chart.
Really, are you that stupid? Are you so stupid that you could not figure out what was meant? LOL! Your IQ must be about 72. Not low enough to put you in a home, but not smart enough to figure that out. LOL!
Reply
Report this post
=====
HA HA !!
"No shit, genesis".......
Again, aren't you tired of being wrong?
Riversides lack of expertise is now trying to find expertise in IQ measuring.

Since: Sep 08

La Junta, CO

#161871 Mar 24, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha hah, you're funny.
That could be true in a small way, but hardly connectable except in a twisted way.
"Contemporary opinion
Main article: Illuminati

John Robison, a professor of natural philosophy at Edinburgh University in Scotland and a member of a Freemason Lodge there, said he had been asked to join the Illuminati. After consideration he concluded that the Illuminati were not for him. In 1798 he published a book called Proofs of a Conspiracy in which he wrote: "An association has been formed for the express purposes of rooting out all the religious establishments and overturning all existing governments ... the leaders would rule the World with uncontrollable power, while all the rest would be employed as tools of the ambition of their unknown superiors." This book was sent to George Washington, who replied:

It was not my intention to doubt that, the Doctrines of the Illuminati, and principles of Jacobinism had not spread in the United States. On the contrary, no one is more truly satisfied of this fact than I am. The idea that I meant to convey, was, that I did not believe that the Lodges of Free Masons in this Country had, as Societies, endeavoured to propagate the diabolical tenets of the first, or pernicious principles of the latter (if they are susceptible of separation)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Weishaupt

Sounds like the nutcase liberals of today to me. They want to change everything.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161872 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I barely even dabble in those areas. I have interest, but no formal or informal education in any of those. You?
LOL, if you didn't get a highschool diploma in physics, or austronomy, consmology, or maths, I wonder what. Was it a Bible diploma from a biased cherrypicking college?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161873 Mar 24, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I guess once you get past his racism, bigotry and intolerance of anyone not like him quoting his fox news talking points Dave is probably a great old senile guy.
<quoted text>
Nah, he's probably middle aged.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161874 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Astrology & physics aren't the only means of acquiring intelligence, athibot.
And yet you have zero maths knowledge.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161875 Mar 24, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. That's one way of acquiring knowledge...
But not the only way.
I hafta LOL at what you think you "know" about the universe.
How do you know God?

Obviously emotions CAN be described, if you at least have basic adult mentality.

Obviously you don't know yourself unfortunately, and are stuck between a limbo where you have to lie to yourself, because you are a mystery, that you try to avoid.
Rush

Fairbury, NE

#161876 Mar 24, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How was that? Since you didn't pay attention in algebra, especially letters in algebra, and calculas.
How well did you do?

Catcher1

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#161877 Mar 24, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Sounds like the nutcase liberals of today to me. They want to change everything.
The times, they are achanging.

You are no longer anything more than a relic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... (Jan '17) 13 min yehoshooah adam 4,325
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... 1 hr brenda6 899
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr John 32,291
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 11 hr 15th Dalai Lama 77,078
Atheists are subhuman filth that need to be exe... 13 hr Roec 1
Religion sux ? Tue Eagle 12 - 4
News Fox Friends Outraged Over Atheists 'Making Chri... (Dec '16) Tue Frindly 291
More from around the web