Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161689 Mar 23, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't an expert in anything.
I'm an expert in construction, building materials; windows & doors, flooring, paint, masonry, plumbing, electrical, etc.

I'm an expert builder & contractor.

I'm an expert at gardening.

I'm a expert at basically everything involved in building and maintaining homes.

I'm also a sex expert, a "sexpert".

Location hidden

#161690 Mar 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Limbaugh losses me off too.
How much does he charge?

lol

Location hidden

#161691 Mar 23, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
If you had the smallest amount of intellect, you would realise what he meant was that if in his flawed perspective if people were gullible enough to believe him, what sort of people would they be?
Right.

They shit talk Limbaugh while getting their political news from local media (LMAO), Stewart and/or Maher...

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#161692 Mar 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You are exactly wrong in your premise.
Example of truth:
Every scientist knows that,
we came from processes we "can" understand.
Now when you follow from this premise your whole storyline falls apart.
Amusing.

We came from processes we can understand.

Which could be how pixie dust works, for all we really know.

A robot may be able to deduce it is made of parts, and how it is assembled, and maybe even construct its own devices, but does it know where those original parts came from?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#161693 Mar 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA !
"Every scientist" knows that, huh?
Then why can't one of them explain it....?

The "Origin of life" is slowly being understood, but that is not the premise of" where we came from".
That is understood quite well, we know we came from the process of evolution of life on Earth , over a 3.8 billion year history.
We came from the evolution of many organisms on Earth.
It IS explained meticulously in science using genetic and through the fossil record.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161694 Mar 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm an expert in construction, building materials; windows & doors, flooring, paint, masonry, plumbing, electrical, etc.
I'm a expert at basically everything involved in building and maintaining homes.
A sex expert at what? You mean your wife was your tutor, and you learnt from her?

Also, it would take years for someone to own the sort of property you claim to own, especially with your job. How did you earn it?
Imagination?
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161695 Mar 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right.
They shit talk Limbaugh while getting their political news from local media (LMAO), Stewart and/or Maher...
"Right"(Since you try to sound charming, and yet are copycat).

Location hidden

#161696 Mar 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're the male home owners worst nightmare, when his wife wants additions and upgrades. At least if you practice that sexpert stuff to clients wives. lol

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#161697 Mar 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How much does he charge?
lol
A few Oxycontins and several other drugs.

Guy's addicted.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#161698 Mar 23, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
But you achieved nothing else, due to your lack of intellect. Your work must be very unintuitive.
What work?

Location hidden

#161699 Mar 23, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing.
We came from processes we can understand.
Which could be how pixie dust works, for all we really know.
A robot may be able to deduce it is made of parts, and how it is assembled, and maybe even construct its own devices, but does it know where those original parts came from?
Bad example Dave , robots have the ability to fabricate
the parts necessary , and are a known creation. As does the entire history exist and it can be known exactly how the original part's came to be as well as the history of their creators.
But I know what you meant.
The origin of life is a mystery to us, and the information of any creator does not exist. So yes the empirical evidence exists, and a robot could discover it's creator quite easily , and no we do not know for sure the origin of life yet.

Location hidden

#161700 Mar 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The "Origin of life" is slowly being understood, but that is not the premise of" where we came from".
That is understood quite well, we know we came from the process of evolution of life on Earth , over a 3.8 billion year history.
We came from the evolution of many organisms on Earth.
It IS explained meticulously in science using genetic and through the fossil record.
Right, right, right....

We're climbing a set of stairs that's 3.8 billion steps high. But we never had step 1......

Location hidden

#161701 Mar 23, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
A sex expert at what? You mean your wife was your tutor, and you learnt from her?
Also, it would take years for someone to own the sort of property you claim to own, especially with your job. How did you earn it?
Imagination?
A sexpert is a person that is very good at sex and know a lot about sex, an expert in sexual manners.

Yes, it did take us a long time to get to where we are. It took us both over 20 years of saving our money and establishing our very good credit to get this property.

We got no assistance from our parents or the gub'ment. We've done it all on our own.

It's called "hard work". Look it up.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#161702 Mar 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
You admit it's your opinion.
There's a first.
That's a lie.

In a way, anyways.

I rarely state things as facts, since I know people like you can't handle that.

Not declaring facts also leaves room for new findings.

What new findings does your god offer?

Location hidden

#161703 Mar 23, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're the male home owners worst nightmare, when his wife wants additions and upgrades. At least if you practice that sexpert stuff to clients wives. lol
Worst nightmare??

LOL, naw. I'm loyal to my wife.

I help them upgrade their homes & keep their mrs happy with it (the home).

Location hidden

#161704 Mar 23, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
A few Oxycontins and several other drugs.
Guy's addicted.
He always says, "From my formerly nicotine stained hands...."

lol
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161705 Mar 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
A sexpert is a person that is very good at sex and know a lot about sex, an expert in sexual manners.
Yes, it did take us a long time to get to where we are. It took us both over 20 years of saving our money and establishing our very good credit to get this property.
We got no assistance from our parents or the gub'ment. We've done it all on our own.
I wasn't asking what I sexpert is, I knew what it was anyway, what I was asking is how you became a sexpert. Probably through raping your wife too much I can imagine.

Since you didn't have your parents help, I can see why you didn't get your highschool diploma, because you were too dumb to do it by yourself and pay attention to algebra.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161706 Mar 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Worst nightmare??
LOL, naw. I'm loyal to my wife.
I help them upgrade their homes & keep their mrs happy with it (the home).
I can see why you were so quick to deny it.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161707 Mar 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When you googled sexpert, the term you misread was matters, not manners.

Location hidden

#161708 Mar 23, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
When you googled sexpert, the term you misread was matters, not manners.
No, manners is the correct word, idiot.

Manners; a way in which a thing is done or understood.

Get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 12 min fadu singh 22,366
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 1 hr wondering 342
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 2 hr Reason Personified 2
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Reason Personified 484
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr NightSerf 932
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 6 hr P_Smith 1
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 9 hr BeHereNow 134
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE