Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
155,261 - 155,280 of 224,740 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Faux News
Why us it that everyone who doesn't want to hear anything other than liberal media calls it Faux News?

Gee whiz, I wonder....

I betcha hate Limbaugh too, huh?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I don't believe in your scientific fairy tales.
Black holes have never been scientifically observed, only their supposed effects.
Dark matter has never been scientifically observed, only it's supposed effects.
Emotions have never been scientifically proven to exist.
But go on, preach them like they have.
Now you move the goalposts in an attempt to be dishonest. Right on cue.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually. Ubuntu has a pretty out of the box and easier to maintain system. Adding the restricted extras for playing all types media is the only thing you really have to do.
You can believe there are those who have tried to hack linux. It is the primary system for web servers. But you have a lot of eyes on the system, which helps to protect against being exploited.
Windows gets hacked because of the automation, particularly interfacing with the internet. It is all about enabling their enterprise customers for MS, not the end user. The weak spot is in the browsers, and how easy the system is to corrupt. Windows is automation. Why you have to reboot it so much on updates. A kernel update is about the only time you have to reboot linux after an update.
Linux is just a lot more careful about what it allows. You do have to enter passwords more often. Windows is geared for others to sell you products, and the hackers take advantage of that. Whistles, bells, and viruses.
Actually the problem is windows is bigger , and has a much larger audience , and end user faction. This is why it has more people generating bad codes and virus that afflict users.
It's like the difference between North America and South America.
North America just has more people paying attention to stuff.
Because everywhere is paying attention to North America, much less to the South world cousins.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you move the goalposts in an attempt to be dishonest. Right on cue.
I'm not buying your snake oil, sorry.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding right? The whole point of linux is tweaking and babying the system. It requires a constant babying.
But the really good thing is that not many virus writers are targeting your linux based system. Which is 90% of windows problems.
Virus, adware and malware. It is two different philosophy's in computing, and windows serves the most OS illiterate people of them all.
That's right Ubuntu Linux is so difficult because you have to baby it by not having to buy Virus scanners and not having to put up with a buggy OS or having to put with adware and malware not invading my machine.

It's frustrating having to content with free software which works (out of the box).

It drives me nuts every time I plug in a new USB device and not having to waste time installing it. I mean it.s terrible having to wait 10-15 seconds for the system to recognise a new device so I can talk to it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Why because you are their father? That is a strong statement, I suppose you need to back it up.
Washington was our father , he was backed up by many strong of statements. Mine included.

Columbia was not to be toyed with either, as she has her ways to convince you.

http://th05.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/10...
Do heed note to her hand rests on decision, and if conflict exist.
Well in memory we will hold you.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually. Ubuntu has a pretty out of the box and easier to maintain system. Adding the restricted extras for playing all types media is the only thing you really have to do.
You can believe there are those who have tried to hack linux. It is the primary system for web servers. But you have a lot of eyes on the system, which helps to protect against being exploited.
Windows gets hacked because of the automation, particularly interfacing with the internet. It is all about enabling their enterprise customers for MS, not the end user. The weak spot is in the browsers, and how easy the system is to corrupt. Windows is automation. Why you have to reboot it so much on updates. A kernel update is about the only time you have to reboot linux after an update.
Linux is just a lot more careful about what it allows. You do have to enter passwords more often. Windows is geared for others to sell you products, and the hackers take advantage of that. Whistles, bells, and viruses.
I can't believe I am about to type this:-

I agree with you.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The heat would then have to be absorbed into the newly created particles. No where else for it to go. "Space" doesn't hold or conduct heat.
A bundle of energy became fragmented and channeled. Light is a heat exchanger.
And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
Use some common sense.
If you have a fixed quantity of energy but an increasing volume then the energy density decreases and hence the temperature decreases allowing matter to form.

Compton scattering takes care of the rest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't me arguing with you, Dave. What you say is valid. These are just my thoughts.
MS gets "hacked" more because it's more prominent.
If someone's going to write a piece of code... and their intent is to be as big a nuisance as possible... then what platform are they going to target?
The word "hack" has been butchered to mean something nefarious and wicked... when, really, all it means, in this context, is “one possessing skill” or “to demonstrate skill”.
With that being said... Linux is arguably the most "hacked" OS on the planet.
"Hacking" is what made Linux what it is.
The majority of people don't possess in-depth, intricate, technical understanding of computers and operating systems... they just use them.
So... the minority that does possess that sort of understanding gets labeled as “hackers”... then the meaning of the word acquires a stigma ... because the majority doesn't trust the minority.
Or something like that.
This is sorta true, but unix and linux is a more non, corrosive way of learning shell commands and C++ or conputer language , a non benevolent endeavor and learning experience that is a positive thing. And is for those who wish to learn . It's a great thing the redhat and Linux crowd are some of the very finest minds and aspiring learners one could ever hope to know.

What is true and you know , and I know you know. Windows is made to accommodate those with little knowledge or ability, here is the problem. But for those with knowledge and ability, windows can be a valuable tool and asset.

Now enter the devious crowd, with this factor included those who do not know are very vulnerable in windows. Here lies the major difference between the two. The ability in the end users is greatly higher with Linux, because you learn about wtf you are doing and how you work a OS . Something you haven't got to do ith Microsoft. Indeed many never do.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you don't like Fox?
Shocker!
"The Higgs boson or Higgs particle is an elementary particle initially theorised in 1964,[6][7] and tentatively confirmed to exist on 14 March 2013"
"tentatively confirmed" is NOT confirmed.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson
That's right "tentatively confirmed" to the 7 sigma level.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... that's true.
There's are still more Win boxes on the planet that 'nix boxes.
A nefarious piece of code gets downloaded from a computer it can't harm to many computers it does harm.
At something like 20% market share and without advertising. We are taking over the world.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not buying your snake oil, sorry.
Really? What do you think I have tried to sell you as a "cure all" and "answer to everything?"

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Granted, if the Windows users were a bit more computer literate they'd avoid malware on their machines. The sheer number though doesn't change the value of the information available, most users' computers are full of junk that's not even worth the effort to code malware for unless you just want to play script kiddy, that was my point on that matter. ;)
Exactly but Trojans... well,
they can snag about anyone. Here is where deception works and the frailty of the human psyche to wish. Wisdom is a help , but we are all vulnerable at some level. There is no defenses against every threat, if there were extinction would be an imminent threat.
Trusting fools we are ...who sometimes do get fubar'ed because of it.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you ignored everything that has been explained to you, literally everything, about scientific information just so you can pretend that it's all equal to your believe that your imaginary friend is in charge of the universe. That's low, really low, and exceedingly dishonest.
And you are surprised?????

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
you believe in god, and its been disproven. sounds like you're the one with the problem.
Mistaken you are , to believe that the unprovable can be proven. Right you are to not waste time admonishing the fact in either direction.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
That's right Ubuntu Linux is so difficult because you have to baby it by not having to buy Virus scanners and not having to put up with a buggy OS or having to put with adware and malware not invading my machine.
It's frustrating having to content with free software which works (out of the box).
It drives me nuts every time I plug in a new USB device and not having to waste time installing it. I mean it.s terrible having to wait 10-15 seconds for the system to recognise a new device so I can talk to it.
There is no perfect system, though some may seem that way at times. I am however glad something is working great for you, that in itself is a testament of successful program writers, either with the OS or program writers, who have for you at least ...come to a level .

That deserves praise.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Bullshit.

You believe in black holes even though they have not been proven.

You believe in dark matter even though it has not been proven.

You believe that love exists, even though it has not been proven.

And you believe in evolution, even though it has never been proven either.

Don't give me that crap that nothing can be believable until it's proven.
Evidence.

Repeat after me.

Evidence.

Black holes. Dark matter. Love. Evolution.

TONS of evidence.

God.

Zero evidence.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So you ignored everything that has been explained to you, literally everything, about scientific information just so you can pretend that it's all equal to your believe that your imaginary friend is in charge of the universe. That's low, really low, and exceedingly dishonest.
He uses "proven" instead of evidence.

He does it intentionally in order to maintain his delusion.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>God has been disproven?!?

HA HA !!

Please offer up your "evidence" of that.

(patiently waits for the evilbible.com proof...)
The biblical god has been disproven.

Read the bible.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>No. I don't believe in your scientific fairy tales.

Black holes have never been scientifically observed, only their supposed effects.

Dark matter has never been scientifically observed, only it's supposed effects.

Emotions have never been scientifically proven to exist.

But go on, preach them like they have.
They have evidence.

God does not.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••