Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,761)

Showing posts 155,201 - 155,220 of223,184
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/20/ opinion/george-gay-marriage/in dex.html?hpt=hp_t3
Good article re marriage.
We hear a lot about “biblical marriage” these days, particular from right-wing conservatives battling the idea of same sex marriage or unions. The problem is that most of them are not clear on what that means. Here is a helpful article on the types of marriage found in the pages of the bible.

The important thing for conservatives to realize here is that none of these models are described as being any better than any other. They all appear to have been accepted throughout the bible.

So there you go. The next time someone opposed to gay marriage says that we need to stick with traditional biblical marriage in this country, you can ask them which of the eight kinds they would prefer, and why.

This one is much better and TRUE!

http://samuel-warde.com/2012/08/biblical-marr...

"Freedom is the right to choose: the right to create for oneself
the alternatives of choice. Without the possibility of choice
and the exercise of choice a man is not a man but a member, an instrument,a thing".
~Archibald Macleish

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>With all you have, it seems as though you spend most of your time on the internet posting your unbelievable ignorance toward science. I swear your here 24/7. Spend some time with your wife, upkeep on your property, kids, dogs, go camping, play some golf, get a boat, go fishing, take flying lessons, learn to skate, play some hockey, GET OFF THAT COMPUTER DUDE, live a little.
What seems 24/7 to you is actually about an hour or two throughout the day.

I do tend to my duties at home, I do tend to my family. Last night I made spaghetti for us, then the boys went to bed, then me and the mrs were out in the garage listening to music, talking & dancin.

Mind your own biz.

I'm not on a computer, duder....
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
RR says "jump"
RR's kids jump.
They don't even ask how high....
Why is that? So you believe they should believe and think what you think as well? Sounds like it.

Do you believe you are always right and they should never question you? You yourself are a child, you've got to be, to not understand how little you know compared to how much there is.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish the same could be said about women....
Because you have no manhood, you probably would want that, child.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Speaking of that have you and your chunky bride Buck set a date yet? Registered somewhere?
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/20/ opinion/george-gay-marriage/in dex.html?hpt=hp_t3

Good article re marriage.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Well is it any surprise that Dave would be against equal rights for others? He is a low IQ old bigot, nothing else.
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>We hear a lot about “biblical marriage” these days, particular from right-wing conservatives battling the idea of same sex marriage or unions. The problem is that most of them are not clear on what that means. Here is a helpful article on the types of marriage found in the pages of the bible.

The important thing for conservatives to realize here is that none of these models are described as being any better than any other. They all appear to have been accepted throughout the bible.

So there you go. The next time someone opposed to gay marriage says that we need to stick with traditional biblical marriage in this country, you can ask them which of the eight kinds they would prefer, and why.

and the exercise of choice a man is not a man but a member, an instrument,a thing".
~Archibald Macleish
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Again for the hard of understanding
Republic
Noun
1. a state in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.
2. any body of persons viewed as a commonwealth.
3. a state in which the head of government is not a monarch or other hereditary head of state.
Just because some Islamic countries are republics and you have a downer (racism) on Islamic countries does not mean that the IRA is not called the IRA
I see it’s not a play for sympathy, you really are thick
That definiion is refering to a republican political system, not the republican party, emotionally suppressed piece of shit! I bet you are only a pacifist and seek soppy peace to make up for the lack of love you received from your mother.

I AM ORANGELION! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! OH DEAR! OH GOOOODDDDD!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
We hear a lot about “biblical marriage” these days, particular from right-wing conservatives battling the idea of same sex marriage or unions. The problem is that most of them are not clear on what that means. Here is a helpful article on the types of marriage found in the pages of the bible.
~Archibald Macleish
Group marriage should be allowed if same sex is. However, all of these are basically incorporations for economic and social advantage. They can all get out of hand and into the clan sort of thing.

Another interesting article about marriage and children.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/new-report-re...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

LargeLanguage wrote:
Why is that? So you believe they should believe and think what you think as well? Sounds like it.
Do you believe you are always right and they should never question you? You yourself are a child, you've got to be, to not understand how little you know compared to how much there is.
No, I believe the parents are the boss, not the kids. My kids don't question my authority over them.

They do however question me on other things. I like it that they do. I encourage them to. There's plenty of things my kids know that I don't & I respect them for that. For example, my oldest son is a whiz at math and is currently acing his calculus class, I can't help him with his homework, I don't know shit about calculus. My younger son is a whiz on his computer, he can make all kinds of files, forms, art & music on it that I can't. I usually get him to make documents for me.

You're assumptions are getting tiresome.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you have no manhood, you probably would want that, child.
You're either very young or you've never had a serious relationship.

A quiet women is rare - and a blessing.

lol
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so stupid. You can't see sarcasm, can you?
My wife isn't fat, she's 5'7", 153 lbs, blonde hair, hazel eyes. She's a knockout, to me anyway. I live in a home on one acre, I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 horses & an African Gray parrot. I have 3 vehicles, a truck, a car & an SUV. I live in a modest home that we are happy with, just 1200 sq ft, but our yard is enormous and that's just what we want - little house, big yard. I also have a 850 sq ft garage with drive thru doors (front and back), rv parking, two sliding gates (yard is 100% fenced & private) and a well in the backyard. My kids are very smart, they're both above a 3.5 GPA and are on the honor roll at a school.
My life is great, for me.
I'm sorry that yours is so miserable to seek to project your anger on an anonymous website under an anonymous name...
If your kids are smart, then bring your little boys here so I can do them in. They can pull nothing off here.

Kids who were spanked were found to have a lower IQ.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure have a warped view of religion.
A god thing, and I noticed you capitalized god, helps give one a sense of humility, and lessens false egos. A good thing when lots of people have to live together.
Blow one note per second on your trumpet. One for each person in the world now. Take a long breath, as you will do that nonstop for over 220 years.
It's kinda stupid and vain to believe you are better than all of them, or that you got where you got strictly on your own.
You are kinda mad. I have enough of a conscience, and self conviction, I don't need some silly little boy in the sky who calls himself God to tell me off.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You are kinda mad. I have enough of a conscience, and self conviction, I don't need some silly little boy in the sky who calls himself God to tell me off.
?

That wasn't written to you. But it must have struck a chord in you, the shoe fit, or something like that.

I'm sure you are full of self conviction.
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Group marriage should be allowed if same sex is. However, all of these are basically incorporations for economic and social advantage. They can all get out of hand and into the clan sort of thing.
Always rely on the good olde BuyBull for marriage advice!
God wouldn't lie would she???

Man + Woman (Nuclear Family, Monogamous, heterosexual marriage)

What you might think of as the standard form of marriage, provided you think of arranged marriages as the standard. Also remember that inter-faith or cross-ethnic marriage were forbidden for large chunks of biblical history. Genesis 2:24

Man + Women (Polygamy)

Probably the most common form of marriage in the bible, it is where a man has more than one wife. For example, Jacob had 2 wives and fathered 13 children. This is rarely spoken about when the subject of marriage and the bible is debated! Genesis 4:19
Esau (3 wives), Gideon (many), Solomon (700)

Man + Brother’s Widow (Levirate Marriage)

When a woman was widowed without a son, it became the responsibility of the brother-in-law or a close male relative to take her in and impregnate her. If the resulting child was a son, he would be considered the heir of her late husband. See Ruth, and the story of Onan. Genesis 38:6-10

Man + Wives + Concubines

A man could have one or more wives and any number of concubines. The definition of a concubine varies from culture to culture, but they tended to be live-in mistresses. Concubines were tied to their “husband,” but had a lower status than a wife. Their children were not usually heirs, so they were safe outlets for sex without risking the line of succession. Genesis 20:10 To see how badly a concubine could be treated, see the famous story of the Levite and his concubine Judges 19:1-30.
Abraham (2 concubines), Solomon (300)

Rapist + Victim

If a man raped a woman and she wasn’t married, she would be forced to marry him. A man could rape any woman that he liked and they would be considered married. The draw back? For the man OF COURSE! He could not divorce her!! Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Man + Woman + Woman’s Property

If a woman was “married” and infertile, she could give her property, her slave, to her husband as a wife. This is also referred to as the famous “handmaiden” sketch, as preformed by Abraham, Genesis 16:1-6, and Jacob, Genesis 30:4-5.

Male Soldier + Prisoner of War

As with many wars, women become the property of the victor. And that is how it was in biblical times. Female captives were forced to submit to their male captors, usually by force, RAPE. Deuteronomy 21:11-14 and Numbers 31:1-18

Male Slave + Female Slave

An owner could order a female slave to “marry” a male slave without any input from the female. The consummation of this “union” usually involved rape. Exodus 21:4

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
If your kids are smart, then bring your little boys here so I can do them in. They can pull nothing off here.
Kids who were spanked were found to have a lower IQ.
"Do them in"??

WTF?!
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I believe the parents are the boss, not the kids. My kids don't question my authority over them.
They do however question me on other things. I like it that they do. I encourage them to. There's plenty of things my kids know that I don't & I respect them for that. For example, my oldest son is a whiz at math and is currently acing his calculus class, I can't help him with his homework, I don't know shit about calculus. My younger son is a whiz on his computer, he can make all kinds of files, forms, art & music on it that I can't. I usually get him to make documents for me.
Last time you said you have nothing to learn from kids, but you have plenty to teach them. Liar!

I am the one who originally stated that even though I'm far from a child even I could learn from them, so you just copied off me, and claim it as your own. Sociopaths tend to mimic like that.
LargeLanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What reasons do you believe in parental authority?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Sounds like Dave wants to be a Mormon with all his group marriage talk.

How any sane reasonably intelligent person could attempt to compare equal rights to group marriage?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Group marriage should be allowed if same sex is. However, all of these are basically incorporations for economic and social advantage. They can all get out of hand and into the clan sort of thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time you said you have nothing to learn from kids, but you have plenty to teach them. Liar!
I am the one who originally stated that even though I'm far from a child even I could learn from them, so you just copied off me, and claim it as your own. Sociopaths tend to mimic like that.
That topic was "learn to laugh from kids", dumb ass.

You and Koder are strange that you're older than kids but haven't learned how to laugh yet.

It shows in your posts.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
What reasons do you believe in parental authority?
Parental authority

Parental authority can be defined as the ensemble of rights and powers that the law accords to the father and the mother with respect to the person and the goods of their unemancipated minor children, to the end of their accomplishing the duties of protection, education, and support that are incumbent on them. In a lot of cases, the parental authority is given to the father. In a perspective of eradication of gender discrimination, the parental authority should be equally shared by the two parents, without any gender disctinction.

Definition by the European Commission

All children need to be looked after and cared for. In most cases, the children's parents are responsible for this. This is why the term “parental responsibility” is used to describe the duties and rights to take care of a child. The concept “parental responsibility” covers the duties and rights to take care of the child's person and property. This includes a responsibility to ensure that the child has shelter, food and clothes as well as a responsibility for the child's upbringing. It also includes the right to represent the child legally.

The persons having parental responsibility of a child can be referred to as “holders of parental responsibility”. In most cases, the parents of the child have this responsibility. However, if the parents are deceased or no longer capable or authorized to take care of their child, a guardian can be appointed to represent the child. The guardian can be a relative, a third person or an institution.

As long as the parents live together, they usually exercise the parental responsibility over their children jointly according to the law. However, if the parents divorce or split up, they need to decide how this responsibility will be exercised in the future. The parents may decide that the child shall live alternatively with both parents or with one parent. In the latter case, the other parent usually has a right to visit the child at certain times. The parents may decide these matters by a mutual agreement or by going to court.

When a court is used, it decides which parent shall have the custody rights over the child. The custody holder decides, among other things, where the child shall live. The court may decide that both parents shall have custody over the child (joint custody) or that one of the parents shall have custody (single custody). When one of the parents is granted single custody, the other parent is often granted the right to see the child during certain periods (access rights or visiting rights.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 155,201 - 155,220 of223,184
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 30 min Richardfs 63
Introducing The Universal Religion 1 hr jide oni 722
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 1 hr jide oni 1,275
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr I can read 21,336
Why do i deserve no respect. Fri Carchar king 7
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Jul 9 ChristineM 802
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) Jul 9 Buck Crick 324
•••
•••