Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
155,181 - 155,200 of 224,112 Comments Last updated 5 min ago

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, God didn't "get" in the room.

He's always in the room.

Right now, yesterday, tomorrow, every room, everywhere.

Omnipresent: present everywhere at the same time.

If it helps you, think of God like time. You can't escape it, you can't beat it, you can't get away from it and even if you don't notice, it's there. Always. Everywhere.
I notice time.

Believe me.

I notice time.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>You're so stupid. You can't see sarcasm, can you?

My wife isn't fat, she's 5'7", 153 lbs, blonde hair, hazel eyes. She's a knockout, to me anyway. I live in a home on one acre, I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 horses & an African Gray parrot. I have 3 vehicles, a truck, a car & an SUV. I live in a modest home that we are happy with, just 1200 sq ft, but our yard is enormous and that's just what we want - little house, big yard. I also have a 850 sq ft garage with drive thru doors (front and back), rv parking, two sliding gates (yard is 100% fenced & private) and a well in the backyard. My kids are very smart, they're both above a 3.5 GPA and are on the honor roll at a school.

My life is great, for me.

I'm sorry that yours is so miserable to seek to project your anger on an anonymous website under an anonymous name...
Like you're doing?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>So no observable evidence for god yes Dave?
God's name is Barry.

It something like that.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Although you would just love to have these things to hang your hat on, neither of them are supported with any real evidence.....Oh Oh, there's that terribly scary word again. Even if there were supporting demonstrable evidence, it would still do nothing to prove your God thing exists. But do keep trying, I enjoy the show!!!
Saw a show about the Higgs yesterday that said they really wanted to call it the goddamn particle, but that the media wouldn't like that.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Never happened to me. You have to know how to run the windows and not let then run you.
That's the point descent OS does not need to be babied.

As said I the best of windows does not even close to Linux.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

yeah

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
However, Linux does require one to be computer literate, and 90% of those who use computers are not. Thus we need them to still produce Windows and Mac so that there's an audience ... and maybe, just maybe, one day everyone who uses a computer will be computer literate.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So..I guess I have it wrong then. Christians DO NOT think of themselves as miserable sinners. They ARE NOT responsible for the sins committed by the original two? They DO NOT believe a child is born with original sin and must spend his or her life repenting for those sins? Nor do they believe that their god can observe them 24/7. They also DO NOT believe that this god can know exactly what they are thinking? And they DO NOT believe that anyone who doesn't accept their god will suffer eternal torture?.....WOW....who knew I could be so very wrong all these years. Thanks for the heads up!!!!!!
Most anyone that listened to your rants would have known.

Like I told you early on, you have been driving too fast through life with your high beams on in the fog on a dark road. There is a lot you haven't seen because you couldn't look to the side.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/B/BIRTH_...

"The findings bolster a key theory called inflation, which says the universe burst from subatomic size to its now-observable expanse in a fraction of a second."

No "poofing" by a deity needed. Mathematicians can do it all by themselves.

Poor Jehovah. Took him six days of hard work. Modern physicists just the stroke of a pencil.

Topix atheists don't believe in magic.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHSHA>

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
However, Linux does require one to be computer literate, and 90% of those who use computers are not. Thus we need them to still produce Windows and Mac so that there's an audience ... and maybe, just maybe, one day everyone who uses a computer will be computer literate.
Sorry but I can't agree with you distros like Ubuntu are easier to install and run than MS.

“Formerly "Richard"”

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s tories/B/BIRTH_OF_THE_UNIVERSE ?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=HOME &TEMPLATE=
"The findings bolster a key theory called inflation, which says the universe burst from subatomic size to its now-observable expanse in a fraction of a second."
No "poofing" by a deity needed. Mathematicians can do it all by themselves.
Poor Jehovah. Took him six days of hard work. Modern physicists just the stroke of a pencil.
Topix atheists don't believe in magic.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHSHA>
LOL

Well I suppose for a dumb butt like you math is magic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Well I suppose for a dumb butt like you math is magic.
Much like the magic of shill games.

If you had intellect instead of a burr up your ass, you would realize how "unphysical" poofing into existence as they claim happened is.

Of course, such violated the speed of light.

Amazing. Topix atheists are just so bedazzled by woo woo physics,

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding right? The whole point of linux is tweaking and babying the system. It requires a constant babying.
But the really good thing is that not many virus writers are targeting your linux based system. Which is 90% of windows problems.
Virus, adware and malware. It is two different philosophy's in computing, and windows serves the most OS illiterate people of them all.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but I can't agree with you distros like Ubuntu are easier to install and run than MS.

Yes and a hell of alot cheaper than paying the enormous price for
seven with full install and with a pc swappable product key.
But besides the price you're not getting anything better or worse.
Actually seven ultimate is very versatile and is a great OS, but expensive. IMHO the thing I like least is how it has become a little to user easy, it wants to do everything for you. Forcing you to tweak it to allow you to do certain things.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding right? The whole point of linux is tweaking and babying the system. It requires a constant babying.
But the really good thing is that not many virus writers are targeting your linux based system. Which is 90% of windows problems.
Virus, adware and malware. It is two different philosophy's in computing, and windows serves the most OS illiterate people of them all.
Actually. Ubuntu has a pretty out of the box and easier to maintain system. Adding the restricted extras for playing all types media is the only thing you really have to do.

You can believe there are those who have tried to hack linux. It is the primary system for web servers. But you have a lot of eyes on the system, which helps to protect against being exploited.

Windows gets hacked because of the automation, particularly interfacing with the internet. It is all about enabling their enterprise customers for MS, not the end user. The weak spot is in the browsers, and how easy the system is to corrupt. Windows is automation. Why you have to reboot it so much on updates. A kernel update is about the only time you have to reboot linux after an update.

Linux is just a lot more careful about what it allows. You do have to enter passwords more often. Windows is geared for others to sell you products, and the hackers take advantage of that. Whistles, bells, and viruses.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Much like the magic of shill games.

If you had intellect instead of a burr up your ass, you would realize how "unphysical" poofing into existence as they claim happened is.

Of course, such violated the speed of light.

Amazing. Topix atheists are just so bedazzled by woo woo physics,
No.

Light speed was not violated.

Space itself was expanding faster than light.

Light speed THROUGH that space was not violated.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so stupid. You can't see sarcasm, can you?
My wife isn't fat, she's 5'7", 153 lbs, blonde hair, hazel eyes. She's a knockout, to me anyway. I live in a home on one acre, I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 horses & an African Gray parrot. I have 3 vehicles, a truck, a car & an SUV. I live in a modest home that we are happy with, just 1200 sq ft, but our yard is enormous and that's just what we want - little house, big yard. I also have a 850 sq ft garage with drive thru doors (front and back), rv parking, two sliding gates (yard is 100% fenced & private) and a well in the backyard. My kids are very smart, they're both above a 3.5 GPA and are on the honor roll at a school.
My life is great, for me.
I'm sorry that yours is so miserable to seek to project your anger on an anonymous website under an anonymous name...
With all you have, it seems as though you spend most of your time on the internet posting your unbelievable ignorance toward science. I swear your here 24/7. Spend some time with your wife, upkeep on your property, kids, dogs, go camping, play some golf, get a boat, go fishing, take flying lessons, learn to skate, play some hockey, GET OFF THAT COMPUTER DUDE, live a little.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Light speed was not violated.
Space itself was expanding faster than light.
Light speed THROUGH that space was not violated.
Uh huh. Space just expanded.

Did it expand from within, or from without? Meaning, did the singularity push outward, or did a vacuum sort of thingy pull it out into volume?

Your magical mist of hot stuff had to travel out with it, so something was faster than light. Light was created, or channeled by the event.

Interesting thing about that rather rapid expansion of that hot stuff. There was nothing to cool it off. You can only lose heat via light in space. Yet it condensed into matter. They really could come up with better descriptions of how this all happened. Give Topix atheists something to think about, and not just buzzwords for them to use.

Oh, I'm sorry. I said think and Topix atheist in the same sentence. Talk about fairy tales.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/20/opinion/george-...

Good article re marriage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 19 min Buck Crick 201
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... 1 hr DonPanic 1,286
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr MUQ1 21,386
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 3 hr religionisillness 271
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr religionisillness 370
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 17 hr religionisillness 834
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 23 hr Patrick 16
•••
•••