Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 237,665
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#161418 Mar 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/s tories/B/BIRTH_OF_THE_UNIVERSE ?SITE=FLTAM&SECTION=HOME &TEMPLATE=
"The findings bolster a key theory called inflation, which says the universe burst from subatomic size to its now-observable expanse in a fraction of a second."
No "poofing" by a deity needed. Mathematicians can do it all by themselves.
Poor Jehovah. Took him six days of hard work. Modern physicists just the stroke of a pencil.
Topix atheists don't believe in magic.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHSHA>
LOL

Well I suppose for a dumb butt like you math is magic.

Since: Sep 08

La Junta, CO

#161420 Mar 21, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Well I suppose for a dumb butt like you math is magic.
Much like the magic of shill games.

If you had intellect instead of a burr up your ass, you would realize how "unphysical" poofing into existence as they claim happened is.

Of course, such violated the speed of light.

Amazing. Topix atheists are just so bedazzled by woo woo physics,

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#161422 Mar 21, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the point descent OS does not need to be babied.
As said I the best of windows does not even close to Linux.
You're kidding right? The whole point of linux is tweaking and babying the system. It requires a constant babying.
But the really good thing is that not many virus writers are targeting your linux based system. Which is 90% of windows problems.
Virus, adware and malware. It is two different philosophy's in computing, and windows serves the most OS illiterate people of them all.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#161423 Mar 21, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but I can't agree with you distros like Ubuntu are easier to install and run than MS.

Yes and a hell of alot cheaper than paying the enormous price for
seven with full install and with a pc swappable product key.
But besides the price you're not getting anything better or worse.
Actually seven ultimate is very versatile and is a great OS, but expensive. IMHO the thing I like least is how it has become a little to user easy, it wants to do everything for you. Forcing you to tweak it to allow you to do certain things.

La Junta, CO

#161424 Mar 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You're kidding right? The whole point of linux is tweaking and babying the system. It requires a constant babying.
But the really good thing is that not many virus writers are targeting your linux based system. Which is 90% of windows problems.
Virus, adware and malware. It is two different philosophy's in computing, and windows serves the most OS illiterate people of them all.
Actually. Ubuntu has a pretty out of the box and easier to maintain system. Adding the restricted extras for playing all types media is the only thing you really have to do.

You can believe there are those who have tried to hack linux. It is the primary system for web servers. But you have a lot of eyes on the system, which helps to protect against being exploited.

Windows gets hacked because of the automation, particularly interfacing with the internet. It is all about enabling their enterprise customers for MS, not the end user. The weak spot is in the browsers, and how easy the system is to corrupt. Windows is automation. Why you have to reboot it so much on updates. A kernel update is about the only time you have to reboot linux after an update.

Linux is just a lot more careful about what it allows. You do have to enter passwords more often. Windows is geared for others to sell you products, and the hackers take advantage of that. Whistles, bells, and viruses.

La Junta, CO

#161425 Mar 21, 2013

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#161426 Mar 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Much like the magic of shill games.

If you had intellect instead of a burr up your ass, you would realize how "unphysical" poofing into existence as they claim happened is.

Of course, such violated the speed of light.

Amazing. Topix atheists are just so bedazzled by woo woo physics,
No.

Light speed was not violated.

Space itself was expanding faster than light.

Light speed THROUGH that space was not violated.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#161427 Mar 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so stupid. You can't see sarcasm, can you?
My wife isn't fat, she's 5'7", 153 lbs, blonde hair, hazel eyes. She's a knockout, to me anyway. I live in a home on one acre, I have 2 kids, 2 dogs, 3 cats, 2 horses & an African Gray parrot. I have 3 vehicles, a truck, a car & an SUV. I live in a modest home that we are happy with, just 1200 sq ft, but our yard is enormous and that's just what we want - little house, big yard. I also have a 850 sq ft garage with drive thru doors (front and back), rv parking, two sliding gates (yard is 100% fenced & private) and a well in the backyard. My kids are very smart, they're both above a 3.5 GPA and are on the honor roll at a school.
My life is great, for me.
I'm sorry that yours is so miserable to seek to project your anger on an anonymous website under an anonymous name...
With all you have, it seems as though you spend most of your time on the internet posting your unbelievable ignorance toward science. I swear your here 24/7. Spend some time with your wife, upkeep on your property, kids, dogs, go camping, play some golf, get a boat, go fishing, take flying lessons, learn to skate, play some hockey, GET OFF THAT COMPUTER DUDE, live a little.

La Junta, CO

#161428 Mar 21, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Light speed was not violated.
Space itself was expanding faster than light.
Light speed THROUGH that space was not violated.
Uh huh. Space just expanded.

Did it expand from within, or from without? Meaning, did the singularity push outward, or did a vacuum sort of thingy pull it out into volume?

Your magical mist of hot stuff had to travel out with it, so something was faster than light. Light was created, or channeled by the event.

Interesting thing about that rather rapid expansion of that hot stuff. There was nothing to cool it off. You can only lose heat via light in space. Yet it condensed into matter. They really could come up with better descriptions of how this all happened. Give Topix atheists something to think about, and not just buzzwords for them to use.

Oh, I'm sorry. I said think and Topix atheist in the same sentence. Talk about fairy tales.

La Junta, CO

#161429 Mar 21, 2013
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#161431 Mar 21, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/20/ opinion/george-gay-marriage/in dex.html?hpt=hp_t3
Good article re marriage.
We hear a lot about “biblical marriage” these days, particular from right-wing conservatives battling the idea of same sex marriage or unions. The problem is that most of them are not clear on what that means. Here is a helpful article on the types of marriage found in the pages of the bible.

The important thing for conservatives to realize here is that none of these models are described as being any better than any other. They all appear to have been accepted throughout the bible.

So there you go. The next time someone opposed to gay marriage says that we need to stick with traditional biblical marriage in this country, you can ask them which of the eight kinds they would prefer, and why.

This one is much better and TRUE!

http://samuel-warde.com/2012/08/biblical-marr...

"Freedom is the right to choose: the right to create for oneself
the alternatives of choice. Without the possibility of choice
and the exercise of choice a man is not a man but a member, an instrument,a thing".
~Archibald Macleish

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#161432 Mar 21, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>With all you have, it seems as though you spend most of your time on the internet posting your unbelievable ignorance toward science. I swear your here 24/7. Spend some time with your wife, upkeep on your property, kids, dogs, go camping, play some golf, get a boat, go fishing, take flying lessons, learn to skate, play some hockey, GET OFF THAT COMPUTER DUDE, live a little.
What seems 24/7 to you is actually about an hour or two throughout the day.

I do tend to my duties at home, I do tend to my family. Last night I made spaghetti for us, then the boys went to bed, then me and the mrs were out in the garage listening to music, talking & dancin.

Mind your own biz.

I'm not on a computer, duder....
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161433 Mar 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup.
RR says "jump"
RR's kids jump.
They don't even ask how high....
Why is that? So you believe they should believe and think what you think as well? Sounds like it.

Do you believe you are always right and they should never question you? You yourself are a child, you've got to be, to not understand how little you know compared to how much there is.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161434 Mar 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish the same could be said about women....
Because you have no manhood, you probably would want that, child.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#161435 Mar 21, 2013
Speaking of that have you and your chunky bride Buck set a date yet? Registered somewhere?
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/20/ opinion/george-gay-marriage/in dex.html?hpt=hp_t3

Good article re marriage.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#161436 Mar 21, 2013
Well is it any surprise that Dave would be against equal rights for others? He is a low IQ old bigot, nothing else.
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>We hear a lot about “biblical marriage” these days, particular from right-wing conservatives battling the idea of same sex marriage or unions. The problem is that most of them are not clear on what that means. Here is a helpful article on the types of marriage found in the pages of the bible.

The important thing for conservatives to realize here is that none of these models are described as being any better than any other. They all appear to have been accepted throughout the bible.

So there you go. The next time someone opposed to gay marriage says that we need to stick with traditional biblical marriage in this country, you can ask them which of the eight kinds they would prefer, and why.

and the exercise of choice a man is not a man but a member, an instrument,a thing".
~Archibald Macleish
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161437 Mar 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Again for the hard of understanding
Republic
Noun
1. a state in which the supreme power rests in the body of citizens entitled to vote and is exercised by representatives chosen directly or indirectly by them.
2. any body of persons viewed as a commonwealth.
3. a state in which the head of government is not a monarch or other hereditary head of state.
Just because some Islamic countries are republics and you have a downer (racism) on Islamic countries does not mean that the IRA is not called the IRA
I see it’s not a play for sympathy, you really are thick
That definiion is refering to a republican political system, not the republican party, emotionally suppressed piece of shit! I bet you are only a pacifist and seek soppy peace to make up for the lack of love you received from your mother.

I AM ORANGELION! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!! OH DEAR! OH GOOOODDDDD!!!!

La Junta, CO

#161438 Mar 21, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
We hear a lot about “biblical marriage” these days, particular from right-wing conservatives battling the idea of same sex marriage or unions. The problem is that most of them are not clear on what that means. Here is a helpful article on the types of marriage found in the pages of the bible.
~Archibald Macleish
Group marriage should be allowed if same sex is. However, all of these are basically incorporations for economic and social advantage. They can all get out of hand and into the clan sort of thing.

Another interesting article about marriage and children.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/new-report-re...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161439 Mar 21, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
Why is that? So you believe they should believe and think what you think as well? Sounds like it.
Do you believe you are always right and they should never question you? You yourself are a child, you've got to be, to not understand how little you know compared to how much there is.
No, I believe the parents are the boss, not the kids. My kids don't question my authority over them.

They do however question me on other things. I like it that they do. I encourage them to. There's plenty of things my kids know that I don't & I respect them for that. For example, my oldest son is a whiz at math and is currently acing his calculus class, I can't help him with his homework, I don't know shit about calculus. My younger son is a whiz on his computer, he can make all kinds of files, forms, art & music on it that I can't. I usually get him to make documents for me.

You're assumptions are getting tiresome.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#161440 Mar 21, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you have no manhood, you probably would want that, child.
You're either very young or you've never had a serious relationship.

A quiet women is rare - and a blessing.

lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Confessions of a black atheist 39 min audy17 287
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,436
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... 9 hr thetruth 23
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 hr thetruth 1,979
News The Consequences of Atheism 9 hr thetruth 1,249
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 9 hr thetruth 6,713
News Barney Frank Advises Politicians to Stay in the... Thu thetruth 13
More from around the web