Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 256049 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161190 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
From one medium to the next, light's speed is different.
In a *uniform medium", it is constant.
In "unumiform mediums", it is not constant.
Also, Riverside Redneck refers to people who think low of him or are against him patronizingly, and thinks of them as worthless, kids, ect, in order to feel superior in his mind.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161191 Mar 19, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
There isn't enough head injuries in the world for that. Seriously you can tell he really thinks he is the smartest guy in the room all the while braying like Buck.
It's funny watching him day in day out get factually destroyed by a half dozens posters.
<quoted text>
Dave isn't too bad. Riverside Redneck is the one who is really stupid.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#161192 Mar 19, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, chowderhead.
http://physics.about.com/od/quantumphysics/f/...
Totally irrelevant, knucklehead. That isn't the cause, anyhow.

How can you have a strictly material universe, whcih you belief is the sole source of your intelligence and existence, and have "virtual particles" floating in and out of it? To you it would likely makes sense.

Do "virtual particle" detection and studies on humans.

BTW, your cranial cavity would be a great place for those Casimir effect experiments. No vacuum pump needed.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#161193 Mar 19, 2013
Dave has stated that...

Learning from books and secular education is a bad thing. The best way to learn is by hurting yourself especially the feeling and clarity you achieve after injuring your head.

Yes he verified in all seriousness that he believes this.

Dave said being a believer in god automatically makes you better than a non believer, automatically makes you right and they wrong and it gives you the right to look down on them as inferior.
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>Dave isn't too bad. Riverside Redneck is the one who is really stupid.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#161194 Mar 19, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
They were british, so they were conservative, not republican, idiot! Look, damaged goods, the KKK were democratic.
Being british does not imply conservatism you moron

Look at the name Irish “Republican” Army, not Irish “Conservative” Army as you seem to imply, you see the initials are different – IRA as opposed to ICA you dumbo

Now I’m pretty sure they knew what they were calling themselves a little bit more than some clueless dipshit moron who thinks raping children is fun.

For the most part the KKK were christian as are the NLFT in india, the Iron Guard in Romania, Lords Resistance Army in Uganda and many more. Just because you are embarrassed by such violent christianity does not make it go away

#161195 Mar 19, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
No don't donate money.
Thanks for the list.
UK still runs Ulster last time we looked
Cheers
Is this the list you clamed incorrectly that I was incapable of providing, I see no apology.

Yes because the People of NI want to remain British by a large majority, polls vary but it fluctuates between 65% and 82% in favour of remaining in the UK.

There will be a referendum in 2016.

#161196 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not admit I lies.
lol
Yes we realise this, it takes a man to admit it
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161198 Mar 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Being british does not imply conservatism you moron
Look at the name Irish “Republican” Army, not Irish “Conservative” Army as you seem to imply, you see the initials are different – IRA as opposed to ICA you dumbo
Now I’m pretty sure they knew what they were calling themselves a little bit more than some clueless dipshit moron who thinks raping children is fun.
For the most part the KKK were christian as are the NLFT in india, the Iron Guard in Romania, Lords Resistance Army in Uganda and many more. Just because you are embarrassed by such violent christianity does not make it go away
Republic, as in republican, idiot! A republic!

Why do you like sex and ball sucking with your husband to go easy on you? Because you were raped? HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

#161199 Mar 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Love cannot be seen, but we know it exists.
Fear cannot be seen, but we know it exists.
Black holes cannot be seen, but we know they exist.
God cannot be seen, but we know He exists.
Argument from fallacy (or in your case phallacy)

Love and fear can be measured, been here before, several times, you even apologised the first time, yet like a good fundy you keep going round and rou8nd hoping for a different answer

Black holes can be inferred from the passage of material around them and of course they are black

God cannot be measured, there is nothing to infer existence except a book bronze age stories.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161200 Mar 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Argument from fallacy (or in your case phallacy)
Love and fear can be measured, been here before, several times, you even apologised the first time, yet like a good fundy you keep going round and rou8nd hoping for a different answer
Black holes can be inferred from the passage of material around them and of course they are black
God cannot be measured, there is nothing to infer existence except a book bronze age stories.
He spanks his children too.

#161201 Mar 19, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Republic, as in republican, idiot! A republic!
Why do you like sex and ball sucking with your husband to go easy on you? Because you were raped? HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
And in a republic the residents are republican you dipshit, your stupidity is no excuse.

Oh you sick pervert, you have no idea how I like sex and you can dream all you want, it’s not going to get you any closer to a woman

#161202 Mar 19, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
He spanks his children too.
Is that better than spanking the monkey like you do?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161203 Mar 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And in a republic the residents are republican you dipshit, your stupidity is no excuse.
Oh you sick pervert, you have no idea how I like sex and you can dream all you want, it’s not going to get you any closer to a woman
Many islamic countries are republic, but yet they are far from republicans, idiot!
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#161204 Mar 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that better than spanking the monkey like you do?
Spnking children is evil.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#161205 Mar 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Islamic countries are often republic, but aren't republican as in political party, idiot!
Lincoln

United States

#161206 Mar 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this the list you clamed incorrectly that I was incapable of providing,
I see no apology.
Yes because the People of NI want to remain British by a large majority, polls vary but it fluctuates between 65% and 82% in favour of remaining in the UK.
There will be a referendum in 2016.
Some of the talented historians are British, Sir Martin Gilbert my favorite on Churchill.
Am an Anglophile .... BBC,Radio 4, the Guardian, The Economist and every detectives or espionage series the BBC has produced. "Tinker Tailor...." first class writing and BBC film.

...the apology stuff. Yes, Definitely! My apology!

Happy UK defeated the Argentine fascists and kept the Falkland Islands.
Junta disapeared tens of thousands of young men and women. Fascist bastards killed mothers and sold their children. Some are in jail but not as many as .....
Cheers

Since: Mar 11

United States

#161207 Mar 19, 2013
The Dave Nelson wannabe topix theist.

Allow me to get the white sheet.
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>Republic, as in republican, idiot! A republic!

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#161208 Mar 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Things are only relevant when it's realized that they're inevitable.
Then, Redneck's ignorance is relevant.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#161209 Mar 19, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, Riverside Redneck refers to people who think low of him or are against him patronizingly, and thinks of them as worthless, kids, ect, in order to feel superior in his mind.
LOL...yeah, don't you just hate it when someone refers to everyone else as a kid in order to feel superior? <insert eyeroll here>

You are such a flaming hypocrite...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#161210 Mar 19, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Such is RiversideRedneck.
Yup.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 4 min Chazofsaints 40,713
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 1 hr It aint necessari... 16,190
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 3 hr Thinking 4,687
For Atheists: Why do You Call Theories "Scient... 3 hr IB DaMann 263
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 4 hr karl44 20,615
News Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr ChristineM 24,083
Good arguments against Christianity 6 hr thetruth 102
More from around the web