Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#160917 Mar 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To what statement are you referring?
You know what you are whining about.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

Since: Feb 08

...are my strong suits!

#160918 Mar 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk to Hukt. He's now bitching at me on two threads that the speed of light is constant....
No...

You're whining on two threads.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#160919 Mar 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.
Your turn.
To do what?

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#160920 Mar 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's awesome, but I have no idea what it means.
I gave up on math when they started putting letters in it :)
I was not ignoring you I was trying to find a way of explaining. I subsequently found this from Yale:-

http://videolectures.net/yalephys200f06_funda...

In particular:-

http://videolectures.net/yalephys200f06_shank...

I have not had time to watch them all but they seem to be pretty good. Hope it helps.

Location hidden

#160921 Mar 17, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
He he.
Yes sir... that much I do understand (still working on phase velocity/group velocity).
We don't live in a perfect world and everything's in a state of change, so to speak. Conditions "here" aren't the same as "over there".
If the statement/question is rephrased, so that the material is of uniform density, temperature, and pressure (the three are related; a change in one requires a change in the others)... and consistent throughout... THEN would light's speed be constant through the material?
I think... yes?
I'm fairly comfortable with what happens when light transitions from one material to another, as at a water-air interface.
I work with optical fiber... and a particular piece of equipment called an OTDR (optical time domain reflectometer).
With regard to the machine, I'm an "end user"... but, one that tends to get lost in the intricacies of what's actually going on... more so than other techs.
Thanks for putting up with me.
It's appreciated.
I understand that processors are moving into a laser light carried code, and it is nearly at c that it works in these machines.
That's the cool news , but the bad news is ...our computers are obsolete, gonna have build a pricy shiny new computer, and they gonna rake it in again.

http://articles.cnn.com/2001-05-17/tech/quant...

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#160922 Mar 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Kettle, meet pot.
The difference between us, with respect to the particulars...

One of us understands...

... the other doesn't care to understand.

One of us pays attention to what the other says..

... the other doesn't.

One of us is me...

... the other is you.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#160923 Mar 17, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
No...
You're whining on two threads.
RR is whining on three threads.

Sorry to rat on you, RR.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#160924 Mar 17, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that processors are moving into a laser light carried code, and it is nearly at c that it works in these machines.
That's the cool news , but the bad news is ...our computers are obsolete, gonna have build a pricy shiny new computer, and they gonna rake it in again.
http://articles.cnn.com/2001-05-17/tech/quant...
Will they run Linux?

That's my only concern.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#160925 Mar 17, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
RR is whining on three threads.
Sorry to rat on you, RR.
Keep it secrete.

Don't tell me what thread.

Please... for RR's sake.

He's had enough of me and I don't want to do anything that might jeopardize our "friendship".

I'd miss the little lunkhead.

Location hidden

#160926 Mar 17, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Will they run Linux?
That's my only concern.
lol, are there any that wont? You redhat cloud Ubuntu guys will figure out how to put a OS together that will run anything I'm sure.

“Spelin 'n' tpyin...”

...are my strong suits!

#160927 Mar 17, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> lol, are there any that wont? You redhat cloud Ubuntu guys will figure out how to put a OS together that will run anything I'm sure.
You know it!

We'll damn sure try.

It's bedtime.

G'night.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

#160928 Mar 17, 2013
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
Will they run Linux?
That's my only concern.
Don't tell me you run linux.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Redding, CA

#160929 Mar 17, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>lol, are there any that wont? You redhat cloud Ubuntu guys will figure out how to put a OS together that will run anything I'm sure.
Just an FYI, once your data leaves your router it is then in my arena.

Location hidden

#160930 Mar 17, 2013
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Just an FYI, once your data leaves your router it is then in my arena.
Thats funny ,there's no such agency that claims this but DHS and the FBI are into your data too.
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Redding, CA

#160931 Mar 17, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>Thats funny ,there's no such agency that claims this but DHS and the FBI are into your data too.
Let me clarify, they need to provide me a warrant before they can enter my buildings to tap a data line. I am part of global network operations, layers 1-3 we maintain the Titan switches, FW7500's, fibers, OC192's...

Location hidden

#160932 Mar 17, 2013
ARGUING with IDIOTS wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me clarify, they need to provide me a warrant before they can enter my buildings to tap a data line. I am part of global network operations, layers 1-3 we maintain the Titan switches, FW7500's, fibers, OC192's...
You the idiot, they already do you say they need a warrant? ha ha ha All that big brother eavesdropping on your conversations , and the chat goes right through them.
They have over 10,000 people working in 24 hours shifts , picking up on key words. They say they don't pay that much attention untill the program picks up one of the keys, then they track you to see if its any good(bad) stuff to sneakle in on.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/182504
ARGUING with IDIOTS

Redding, CA

#160933 Mar 17, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>You the idiot, they already do you say they need a warrant? ha ha ha All that big brother eavesdropping on your conversations , and the chat goes right through them.
They have over 10,000 people working in 24 hours shifts , picking up on key words. They say they don't pay that much attention untill the program picks up one of the keys, then they track you to see if its any good(bad) stuff to sneakle in on.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/182504
you know what a central office is?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#160934 Mar 17, 2013
Agnostic deals with knowledge of a god whereas atheist deals with actively believing in god. Hence a person can be both.

This really shouldn't need to be explained to you.... Again.

Gene could certainly be an anti theist on top of his agnostic atheism.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
An atheist and an agnostic are quite different, son.

Lexington, KY

#160935 Mar 17, 2013
Care to discuss it over a stack of foreclosed church deeds?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, ole chap, but Christianity is currently rising faster than the world's population.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_popu...

Lexington, KY

#160936 Mar 17, 2013
Give RR about two weeks to ponder it and it may sink in. He is the same guy who screamed for weeks that Catholics aren't Christians. When I asked him what the largest Christian church is? He said, why the Catholics are the largest Christian church of course.....

And his IQ has only went down ever since.
Hukt on Fonix wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a theist.
You're an agnostic.
That's my point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Christianity Created Hitler 49 min The_Box 93
"Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Thinking 14,498
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 4 hr woodtick57 2,838
Richard Dawkins needs to get a life 10 hr Thinking 22
Our world came from nothing? (Jul '14) 17 hr NoahLovesU 1,229
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 21 hr polymath257 41
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 21 hr polymath257 276
More from around the web