Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#160474 Mar 16, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the object simply can't go faster with more speed, idiot!
Mass = speed. More mass, more speed.
Speed does not equal mass. Speed does not create the mass.
Why are you on topix all day? Not very professional for your type of occupation to have so much free time.
Spring Break
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#160475 Mar 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Spring Break
Spring break! LOL! But what about the students you have to teach seasonally?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#160476 Mar 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Alternatively, and equivalently, as speed increases, the kinetic energy increases, so the mass, m=E/c^2 increases.
Which means motion is the primary force. Like I have said a few times, space in motion is the only true force. Space in as whatever we expanded into. All of those bubbles and streams create your particles of worship and secondary forces.

As I posted before, the filling in of the wake of a moving object is the speed limit of light, and the cause of inertia. Those objects are caused by bubbles of space becoming separate packages within that space. The speed of light can be broken, but it requires a steady stream of space between two objects. Magnetism is such a stream, but on our level it is packetized, your magnetic moments and it being assembled on the molecular scale. You have individual streams essentially a molecule wide, but the twisting and turning introduces a cavitation to it.

If the EM force is universal, the leading edge of the wave would have to exceed the speed of light. You have layers of these streams arising from a magnetized object. The stronger layers, the shorter distances between poles, force succeeding layers outward. Those streams have to accelerate to maintain themselves. This separation of streams and varying strength allows for other streams to form perpendicular to the streams between the streams, creating apparent separate fields, but tied to that base unit of mass. Little tornadoes diving back to the source if the opportunity presents itself. You can shunt a magnetic field and create a new flux flow the others have to deal with.

It is all about motion and its direction, and relative resistance to motion, which creates polarity. However, this is done on the subatomic scale and up. Creates bubbles within the larger currents. This is why matter is like a foam.

Your physical brain is a part of this foam. The real you occupies the spaces in between.

Or something like that.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#160477 Mar 16, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Which means motion is the primary force. Like I have said a few times, space in motion is the only true force. Space in as whatever we expanded into. All of those bubbles and streams create your particles of worship and secondary forces.

As I posted before, the filling in of the wake of a moving object is the speed limit of light, and the cause of inertia. Those objects are caused by bubbles of space becoming separate packages within that space. The speed of light can be broken, but it requires a steady stream of space between two objects. Magnetism is such a stream, but on our level it is packetized, your magnetic moments and it being assembled on the molecular scale. You have individual streams essentially a molecule wide, but the twisting and turning introduces a cavitation to it.

If the EM force is universal, the leading edge of the wave would have to exceed the speed of light. You have layers of these streams arising from a magnetized object. The stronger layers, the shorter distances between poles, force succeeding layers outward. Those streams have to accelerate to maintain themselves. This separation of streams and varying strength allows for other streams to form perpendicular to the streams between the streams, creating apparent separate fields, but tied to that base unit of mass. Little tornadoes diving back to the source if the opportunity presents itself. You can shunt a magnetic field and create a new flux flow the others have to deal with.

It is all about motion and its direction, and relative resistance to motion, which creates polarity. However, this is done on the subatomic scale and up. Creates bubbles within the larger currents. This is why matter is like a foam.

Your physical brain is a part of this foam. The real you occupies the spaces in between.

Or something like that.
Dave.

It's nothing like that.

Whatever "that" was.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#160478 Mar 16, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>See. Clay does not. I bet more don't as well.
I can type fast enough and yet don't make so many errors.
Nothing heavier than iron exists in stars.

All of the elements heavier than iron are formed in supernova explosions when the shock wave from the supernova slams into previously ejected elements.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#160479 Mar 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Spring Break
Largemouth is seriously starting to lose it.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160480 Mar 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite true. The heavier elements can be picked up from the gas and dust clouds when stars form. This happens for second and third generation stars.
All of the elements heavier than iron are formed in supernova explosions when the shock wave from the supernova slams into previously ejected elements.
Again, not quite true. The heavier elements form inside the star during the generation of the supernova shock wave, not in the shock wave hits the previously ejected materials.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160481 Mar 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Largemouth is seriously starting to lose it.
Starting?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#160482 Mar 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your silly evolution of chemicals in your big bang theory? Idiot! You are saying without evidence a supernova is a mini big bang?

Helium didn't come from oxygen and so on, they didn't evolve in your silly big bang.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#160483 Mar 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not quite true. The heavier elements can be picked up from the gas and dust clouds when stars form. This happens for second and third generation stars.
<quoted text>
Again, not quite true. The heavier elements form inside the star during the generation of the supernova shock wave, not in the shock wave hits the previously ejected materials.
Apparently you think stars occured from the big bang.
You even correct your own no. 1 teammate just to feel authoritive and could about yourself and your little ego.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160484 Mar 16, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Like your silly evolution of chemicals in your big bang theory? Idiot! You are saying without evidence a supernova is a mini big bang?
No, that is not what he said.
Helium didn't come from oxygen and so on, they didn't evolve in your silly big bang.
Actually, oxygen came from helium.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#160485 Mar 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Not quite true. The heavier elements can be picked up from the gas and dust clouds when stars form. This happens for second and third generation stars.

[QUOTE]All of the elements heavier than iron are formed in supernova explosions when the shock wave from the supernova slams into previously ejected elements. "

Actually, I've seen both cases mentioned.

The elements form in layers, like an onion.

Once they reach iron, fusion stops, as iron absorbs energy. Gravity, as it is no longer being countered by the energy of fusion, wins the battle and the star collapses on itself.

That collapse happens in a matter of seconds and the shock of the collapse explodes the star.

Some of the heavier elements form during the collapse, some from the explosion and some from the previously ejected gasses.

Of course, this is oversimplified, but I think it's got the basics.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#160486 Mar 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>Starting?
True.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#160487 Mar 16, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently the Periodic Table is also a mystery to you.

Out of curiousity, have you ever attended any science class anywhere?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160488 Mar 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Once they reach iron, fusion stops, as iron absorbs energy. Gravity, as it is no longer being countered by the energy of fusion, wins the battle and the star collapses on itself.
That collapse happens in a matter of seconds and the shock of the collapse explodes the star.
Some of the heavier elements form during the collapse, some from the explosion and some from the previously ejected gasses.
fair enough.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#160489 Mar 16, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is not what he said.
<quoted text>
Actually, oxygen came from helium.
Oxygen didn't. You're silly science only says it did during the big bang.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

#160490 Mar 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Iron can't absorb every type of energy.
*THOR*

United States

#160491 Mar 16, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>299,792,458 m/s exact.

You did go to school?
Which colour light is that "exact" speed for?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160492 Mar 16, 2013
Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Oxygen didn't. You're silly science only says it did during the big bang.
No, actually, it is pretty clear about oxygen NOT being made during the Big Bang.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#160493 Mar 16, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
True.
I'm beginning to think s/he is actually a Poe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 5 hr Even Steven 1,049
Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 6 hr Ooogah Boogah 14,456
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 17 hr thetruth 29
Young atheists: The political leaders of tomorrow 17 hr thetruth 6
Why Christians should stick up for atheists 17 hr thetruth 8
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Thu QUITTNER Nov 27 2014 31
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Wed Richardfs 1,423

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE