Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,714)

Showing posts 154,261 - 154,280 of217,957
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

BTW gang, KJV aka Langoliers aka Thor aka like a dozen other screen names, up there now using the Lincoln screen name actually followed me to another forum just to post behind me with his usual Non sequitur horsesht!

I mean seriously this friendless chump is such a devout follower of me he even goes into other forums just to be in my presence. THis is worship people I am officially his god now.

Chump you may bow.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Okay you got me there. In other news what really happened to your favorite Disney princesses! I must say this is pretty damn good and took a lot of talent and work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
<quoted text>
Have a friend near the Oil Spill and the BP commercials are great, the clean up impossible :-(
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
BTW gang, KJV aka Langoliers aka Thor aka like a dozen other screen names, up there now using the Lincoln screen name actually followed me to another forum just to post behind me with his usual Non sequitur horsesht!
I mean seriously this friendless chump is such a devout follower of me he even goes into other forums just to be in my presence. THis is worship people I am officially his god now.
Chump you may bow.
My sincere sympathy! ;)
You have become a GODBOT magnet.
The True Believers™ flock to you like sheep.
Each determined to bring Jesus into your life.
And... Too delusional to grasp the futility of promoting their myths to a audience that is not interested.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Indeed they worship me, I have become their Jesus and they the flock who's life hinges on my every word.

A while back at the mall I had some christhole try preaching to me as I enjoyed my Starbucks. I would interrupt her with scriptures contradicting what she was saying. Her knowledge of the bible was miserable! I ended up telling her that she needed to get a better understanding of the bible myth before approaching someone like me.

The word myth upset her and she said it felt like Satan was whipping her bare back as she spoke with me. I smiled and told her that I have some buddies who could help her live out her BDSM fantasies. That put some color in her cheeks!

Her mouth dropped open and she stormed away!

Lol!
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
My sincere sympathy! ;)
You have become a GODBOT magnet.
The True Believers™ flock to you like sheep.
Each determined to bring Jesus into your life.
And... Too delusional to grasp the futility of promoting their myths to a audience that is not interested.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Indeed they worship me, I have become their Jesus and they the flock who's life hinges on my every word.
A while back at the mall I had some christhole try preaching to me as I enjoyed my Starbucks. I would interrupt her with scriptures contradicting what she was saying. Her knowledge of the bible was miserable! I ended up telling her that she needed to get a better understanding of the bible myth before approaching someone like me.
The word myth upset her and she said it felt like Satan was whipping her bare back as she spoke with me. I smiled and told her that I have some buddies who could help her live out her BDSM fantasies. That put some color in her cheeks!
Lol!
<quoted text>
I'm taking my family to wee The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told-a bible story told from a gay perspective.

It's being protested, naturally, by bigoted christard hypocrites.

Should be interesting.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

To "see", not "wee".

:P
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Lol!
<quoted text>
You are persistent and reading the replies to you're posts is always entertaining.

My observation - atheist forums attract the most disturbed TrueBelievers™ and their posts are unintentionally hilarious, especially those containing scripture.

Few have the mental stamina to read the OT or NT.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

[QUOTE who="*THOR*"]<quo ted text>
So if a car was traveling at 299,792,458 m/s and turned on its headlights would that light then be traveling twice that speed? Of would its lights never leave the bulb?
[/QUOTE]

Tell you what, why don't find out for yourself?

You never know you might actually learn something.

Second thoughts nope, the topix spell checker is beyond you, I am quiet certain that basic relativity will have you completely stumped.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Leave it to bigoted Christholes to protest a children's bible show! Have fun!
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm taking my family to wee The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told-a bible story told from a gay perspective.
It's being protested, naturally, by bigoted christard hypocrites.
Should be interesting.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

[QUOTE who="*THOR*"]<quo ted text>
So if a car was traveling at 299,792,458 m/s and turned on its headlights would that light then be traveling twice that speed? Of would its lights never leave the bulb?
[/QUOTE]

Since you can't get a massive object (like the car) to move at the speed of light, the question is nonsense.

Now, if the car was going at 299,792,457 meters per second past you, you would see the light as moving at 1 meter per second away from the car and the car would see it as moving at 299,793,458 meters per second away from it.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Sorry, typo: 299,792,458 not 299,793,458.

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

God is a self construct for them and this is demonstrated by their hatred of us and desire to attack. To them when we refuse to believe in God we are actually insulting them. And that's because subconsciously they know they created God and not the other way around.
Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>
You are persistent and reading the replies to you're posts is always entertaining.
My observation - atheist forums attract the most disturbed TrueBelievers™ and their posts are unintentionally hilarious, especially those containing scripture.
Few have the mental stamina to read the OT or NT.
EdSed

Wishaw, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems President Obama is speaking out in favor of Religion,
atheism not so much
Pres Obama might or might not have some belief in a 'higher power', but does he seriously believe that religion is a good thing, let alone believe in an Abrahamic god(s)? I don't think one can be sure. We can only accept what he says - that he is a Christian.

What if he spoke-up for atheism? It was only a few days ago that he felt confident enough to speak-out for gay rights...
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/21/obam...
"President Obama made history today when he mentioned both the Stonewall uprising and gay and lesbian people being treated "like anyone else under the law" during his second inauguration speech."
and some argued that was a step too far. Atheists are even less acceptable than gays according to some US polls.

The USA is where the UK less than a century ago - if anyone was openly atheist, they could forget politics altogether. It might also seriously obstruct employment opportunities.

Atheists are well-used to having to speak as if we were believers. Many,(like me), were raised and forced by social convention to do conform. We were told to 'be respectful' of religious beliefs simply because religion was so prevalent and religionists so intolerant of their faith being openly questioned like any other subject.

Racist beliefs seemed as essentially incorrect to me as religious faith but I was allowed to speak-out freely against racism, not against religion - and that was only 40-odd years ago! This was because of outdated ideas like 'losing one's faith' and 'everyone is entitled to their beliefs'. People needed a reality check. Relinquishing superstitious beliefs in god(s) is liberating, not losing something, i.e.'(religious) faith'. Everyone might be entitled to their beliefs, but that tends to obscure the fact that one has no right to act in accordance with some of them.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
God is a self construct for them and this is demonstrated by their hatred of us and desire to attack. To them when we refuse to believe in God we are actually insulting them. And that's because subconsciously they know they created God and not the other way around.
<quoted text>
Indeed

True Believers™ are loath to discuss where God came from, or what he was doing before the creation.

They refuse to give good answers for the many biblical inconsistencies or for the terrible injustices in the world, because they know that no such answers exist.

They merely answer with "there are things which we mere humans cannot fully understand" or "the Lord works in mysterious ways".

In the end, religion doesn't answer as many questions as it raises.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Thinking wrote:
To the nearest m/s.
<quoted text>
No, actually. That is exact because it is the current *definition* of the meter.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

UNSUCCESSFUL POPE CANDIDATE BLAMES MEDIA

VATICAN CITY (The Borowitz Report)—This wasn’t how it was supposed to play out. For Cardinal Bonifacius Steuer, last night was supposed to be a time of celebration, when the Dutchman who had dreamed of being Pope ever since his boyhood days in Rotterdam would finally stand on the balcony at the Vatican, basking in the cheers of thousands of the euphoric faithful.

There are no cheers for Bonifacius Steuer today. Only empty silence, and time to reflect on what might have been.

“Look, I’m not going to lie to you,” Cardinal Steuer said, in his first interview since his bruising defeat.“It kills me not to be there, not to be in the Vatican doing what needs to be done.”

While Steuer said that he is “not going to get into that whole blame-game thing,” he sounded bitter when he spoke about the mainstream media.“People weren’t allowed to see me for who I was,” he said.“They made me look like I’m some rich, rich guy, when you know that I’m as poor as a church mouse.”

But what closed the deal for Pope Francis, Steuer believes, was his outreach to the poor, which the Dutchman calls a “failed policy of the past.”

“Look, if you go around saying,‘the poor this, the poor that,’ you’re going to get a lot of support from people who want free stuff,” he said.“Francis’s campaign, if you will, focussed on giving targeted groups a big gift.”

Reflecting on the two-day conclave that chose someone else, Steuer was philosophical:“We were on a roller coaster, exciting and thrilling, ups and downs. But the ride ends. And then you get off. And it’s not like, oh, can’t we be on a roller coaster the rest of our life? It’s like, no, the ride’s over.”

Steuer said it’s “too early” to talk about his future plans, but that he first intends to sit down with his closest advisers to reflect on what went wrong this time around.“I’m going to meet with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost, and I’m going to be like,‘Come on, guys, don’t hold back,’” he said.

But even as he sounded an aggrieved note as he spoke about “the hand I was dealt,” Steuer seemed to reserve his harshest criticism for one person: himself.

“Look, at the end of the day, this is on me,” he said.“This was all about getting enough Catholic votes, and I didn’t get it done.”

;) LQTM

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do I have an obligation to tell everything I know to those who can't understand it or will pervert it for their own gain?
You don't hand loaded guns to monkeys,
You don't understand what you know.
Weak excuse for doing nothing.
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Mass increases with speed.
For something with any mass at all, as it approaches the speed of light, its mass approaches infinity.
Infinite mass is kind of a no no.
It's kind of hard to push, too.
That would require infinite energy.
Another no no.
How can mass increase with speed? Hocus pocus?
Largelanguage

Wrexham, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Did he hurt your feelings?
No, he didn't.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Largelanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
How can mass increase with speed? Hocus pocus?
As speed increases, the amount of force required to accelerate further increases. The ratio between force and acceleration is mass.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 154,261 - 154,280 of217,957
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••