Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,682)

Showing posts 153,621 - 153,640 of223,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159800
Mar 12, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The cause of emotions and how we interpret them has not been detected.
Dark matter and black holes have not been detected.
Aliens have not been detected (except outside of Home Depot and behind every lawnmower in America)
Try again.
Black holes have been detected and confirmed. They can't be seen directly, but that isn't the only means of detection.

Dark matter is a newer discovery, but the same applies. It can't be seen. They don't know what it is. But its effects are apparent.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159801
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Jackson is still dead?
Yup.

And Generalissimo Francisco Franco.
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159802
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
Brilliant!:))
<quoted text>
Here is a classic from Emo...

I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said, "Stop! don't do it!"

"Why shouldn't I?" he said.

I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"

He said, "Like what?"

I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?"

He said, "Religious."

I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?"

He said, "Christian."

I said, "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"

He said, "Protestant."

I said, "Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"

He said, "Baptist!"

I said, "Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"

He said, "Baptist church of god!"

I said, "Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you reformed Baptist Church of God?"

He said,"Reformed Baptist church of god!"

I said, "Me too! Are you reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"

He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"

I said, "Die, heretic scum", and pushed him off.-- Emo Phillips
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159803
Mar 12, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should I know?
<quoted text>
To a simple-minded, "freethinker" like you? Sure.
<quoted text>
YOU are the one putting human traits and limitations on God.
Then when I confront you on it, you turn the table back at me.
Very cowardly of you.
So here we have someone, you, who knows noting about the deity he worships. You apparently assign arbitrary traits to this thing, and then act insulted when anyone asks you for clarity. Very unreasonable of you and I might add, very SAFE for you as well. You put yourself in a position were you don't have to justify anything about this thing. It is what you say it is period. Very convenient for you, not very intelligent or reasonable, but safe.

You totally accept this undefinable thing but bock at anything thousands of very intelligent hard working scientists have to say. Kind of make you look like a complete idiot doesn't it? Not that you're smart enough to realize this.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159804
Mar 12, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Science can't detect them.
2. Science can't detect them.
3. Science can't detect them.
4. Science can't detect them.
You could've just said: "You're right, RR."
If your ego would allow it.
Numbers 2 and 4 should read YES, science CAN detect them. Your error, correct it will ya.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159805
Mar 12, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No they haven't.
Ever.
Uneducated child!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159806
Mar 12, 2013
 
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you lying?
He simply doesn't know any better. He's a child when it comes to science, be gentle with him.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159807
Mar 12, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA HA !!!
You're such a cocky f_ck.
"We, of superior intelligence".....
--------
"Eventually theorists came up with three sorts of explanations."
Maybe it was a result of a long-discarded version of Einstein's theory of gravity"
"Maybe there was some strange kind of energy-fluid that filled space"
"Maybe there is something wrong with Einstein's theory of gravity"
"Theorists still don't know what the correct explanation is, but they have given the solution a name. It is called dark energy."
http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-ar...
-----
THEM - of superior intelligence - admit that dark matter & dark energy are only theories.
They are not fact.
Further evidence of your inferior status. You have now shown to all your complete ignorance as to what constitutes a THEORY. The hole your digging gets deeper and deeper!!!!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159808
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, actually, science has detected both through their gravitational interactions. Perhaps you don't know what it means to detect something unless it is visually?
Funny you should say that.

Theists do that and you say they are wrong.

Maybe you don't have the equipment to detect with.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159809
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA HA !!!
You're such a cocky f_ck.
"We, of superior intelligence".....
--------
"Eventually theorists came up with three sorts of explanations."
Maybe it was a result of a long-discarded version of Einstein's theory of gravity"
"Maybe there was some strange kind of energy-fluid that filled space"
"Maybe there is something wrong with Einstein's theory of gravity"
"Theorists still don't know what the correct explanation is, but they have given the solution a name. It is called dark energy."
http://science.nasa.gov/astrophysics/focus-ar...
-----
THEM - of superior intelligence - admit that dark matter & dark energy are only theories.
They are not fact.
Believe me, it doesn't take much to be superior in intelligence to you. I swear my 9 year old granddaughter knows more science that you. pitiful!!!!
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159810
Mar 12, 2013
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor Loony.
When the song is over and he discovers he was just part of a visualization of Buckethead doing Soothsayer he will feel crushed. Shattered.
Me? I would say that was fun, Again?
It seems all of your recent posts to me have degenerated into worthless banter, why is that? It's usually a sign of someone with no coherent thoughts. Or just maybe you are stymied and are groping for something intelligent to say. If thats the case, you're failing miserably!!!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159811
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>It seems all of your recent posts to me have degenerated into worthless banter, why is that? It's usually a sign of someone with no coherent thoughts. Or just maybe you are stymied and are groping for something intelligent to say. If thats the case, you're failing miserably!!!
You misunderstand.

Those were attempts to establish a dialogue with you. On your level.

It was a strain, believe me.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159812
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say that.
Theists do that and you say they are wrong.
Maybe you don't have the equipment to detect with.
No comparison, there was a observed physical phenomenon to be explained in the start of investigation.
Not so with a theist, only a feeling there is something to explain. That's a big difference.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159813
Mar 12, 2013
 
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a classic from Emo...
I was walking across a bridge one day, and I saw a man standing on the edge, about to jump off. So I ran over and said, "Stop! don't do it!"
"Why shouldn't I?" he said.
I said, "Well, there's so much to live for!"
He said, "Like what?"
I said, "Well...are you religious or atheist?"
He said, "Religious."
I said, "Me too! Are you Christian or Buddhist?"
He said, "Christian."
I said, "Me too! Are you Catholic or Protestant?"
He said, "Protestant."
I said, "Me too! Are you Episcopalian or Baptist?"
He said, "Baptist!"
I said, "Wow! Me too! Are you Baptist Church of God or Baptist Church of the Lord?"
He said, "Baptist church of god!"
I said, "Me too! Are you original Baptist Church of God, or are you reformed Baptist Church of God?"
He said,"Reformed Baptist church of god!"
I said, "Me too! Are you reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1879, or reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915?"
He said, "Reformed Baptist Church of God, reformation of 1915!"
I said, "Die, heretic scum", and pushed him off.-- Emo Phillips
ROTFLMAO!

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159814
Mar 12, 2013
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say that.
Theists do that and you say they are wrong.
Maybe you don't have the equipment to detect with.
You mean like a Credulity Module?
Jimmy

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159815
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand.
Those were attempts to establish a dialogue with you. On your level.
It was a strain, believe me.
Take some hiking gear with you next time.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159816
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny you should say that.
Theists do that and you say they are wrong.
Maybe you don't have the equipment to detect with.
Then by all means show us the appropriate equipment! That is all that is required: description of the equipment and detection on such equipment that has no alternate explanation.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159817
Mar 12, 2013
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No comparison, there was a observed physical phenomenon to be explained in the start of investigation.
Not so with a theist, only a feeling there is something to explain. That's a big difference.
There was an anomaly to their expectations, not so sure they "detected" them. They went looking for something and painted it the way they want.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159818
Mar 12, 2013
 
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand.
Those were attempts to establish a dialogue with you. On your level.
It was a strain, believe me.
I will be happy to accept the claims of theists if they can provide detection that is at least as good as the detection we currently have of dark matter.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#159819
Mar 12, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Take some hiking gear with you next time.
Like a long rope to pull myself back up and out?

Good advice. Thanks?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 153,621 - 153,640 of223,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••