Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#159890 Mar 12, 2013
Holy hell.... No observable data..... Wow just effing wow....

See Facebook friends? You think I exaggerate on how stupid these topix theists are. See for yourself here.

The sheer ignorance is astonishing.
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
No I'm a dumbass.
P.S. there is no observable data for a natural cause for the universe.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#159891 Mar 12, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
1. the puddle goo church version.
There was a great explosion billions of years ago that caused the universe. The earth formed and it was a hot molten mass of lava, somehow, know one knows how ,but water came to the earth in tremendous amounts to the point that 70 percent of the earth was covered. Then! in these primordial seas the miracle of life began,and through the billions of years starting with bacteria type life, all life emerged through the primordial puddle to evolve into man.
2. A creator caused the universe to begin and created life.
Thats pretty straightforward.You either believe it or you don't.
..or you can believe that an uncaused explosion resulted in the universe, physical and natural laws, and all life.
Your ignorance is startling!!! 1.) We do not know that the universe was caused by a great explosion. 2,) The Earth was never a molten mass of lava. 3.) Much of the water was the result of a cooling earth. 4.) Hoorah, you got the primordial seas part right, good for you!!!

"A creator caused the universe to begin and created life." is NOT an answer, it's a non-answer, it is a belief based on ZERO evidence. BTW your creator also needs a creator, go for it!!!!!

Or I can believe that the inverse is infinite, has no boundaries, no edges and has always existed. Or I can believe the multi-universe theory that says the Big Bang was a local and reoccurring event. Or I can believe that a highly advanced race created the universe and crated us as an experiment. Or I could say our species was seeded (panspermia) from contact with meteorites. Notice how ALL of these possibilities involve the naturalistic realm. Notice how your "belief" is based on no viable information? Your stupid mistake is the one all Theists make, you START with a preconceived idea, and then shape everything around that idea. Its neither logical or reasonable to do such. In the end you simply look extremely close minded, rigid, and stupid.

Scottsburg, IN

#159892 Mar 12, 2013
So god loves retain lizards and salamanders more than us? Is that more likely or is it more likely our immune systems and all living creatures are a result of evolution?

The kicker is... Dave posts nonsense like this and thinks it sounds intelligent!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You might think so, but no, it isn't.
However, arranging matter to heal itself, to adapt its self to carry on its task, is similar enough to our material construction does raise a good possibility that similar was done to us. Once you get past your ego.

Scottsburg, IN

#159893 Mar 12, 2013
And here we see the danger of believing in god. This statement of Dave's is the core element which has allowed believers to attack, torture and kill millions without a thought against it and worse feeds an irrational zeal to continue doing so.

This is why secular morality trumps spiritual morality any day of the week.

That head injury has certainly scrambled Dave's brain. Thankfully he is too old and feeble to harm anyone other than himself
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Amusing. By my belief in a higher existence I automatically can look down at you.

“the end is nigh”

Since: Mar 13

far far away

#159894 Mar 12, 2013
Divine Alien wrote:
When we leave this world, we are going back to God himself.

your god is a scam. those who push him are scam artists.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#159895 Mar 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The thing it proves it that no brained idiots like you will never understand anything. But we already knew that.
What do you get when you cross a rooster with a lollipop, YOU!
bohart

White Pine, TN

#159896 Mar 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorance is startling!!! 1.) We do not know that the universe was caused by a great explosion. 2,) The Earth was never a molten mass of lava. 3.) Much of the water was the result of a cooling earth. 4.) Hoorah, you got the primordial seas part right, good for you!!!
"A creator caused the universe to begin and created life." is NOT an answer, it's a non-answer, it is a belief based on ZERO evidence. BTW your creator also needs a creator, go for it!!!!!
Or I can believe that the inverse is infinite, has no boundaries, no edges and has always existed. Or I can believe the multi-universe theory that says the Big Bang was a local and reoccurring event. Or I can believe that a highly advanced race created the universe and crated us as an experiment. Or I could say our species was seeded (panspermia) from contact with meteorites. Notice how ALL of these possibilities involve the naturalistic realm. Notice how your "belief" is based on no viable information? Your stupid mistake is the one all Theists make, you START with a preconceived idea, and then shape everything around that idea. Its neither logical or reasonable to do such. In the end you simply look extremely close minded, rigid, and stupid.
...or you can believe shit is apple butter and put it on your toast for breakfast.

Your beliefs are startling, your stupidity is not.
bohart

White Pine, TN

#159897 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Holy hell.... No observable data..... Wow just effing wow....
See Facebook friends? You think I exaggerate on how stupid these topix theists are. See for yourself here.
The sheer ignorance is astonishing.
<quoted text>
Fool
Pure Genius

Redding, CA

#159898 Mar 12, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So ... that's all you have, a declaration of victory without even presenting an argument, instead you just make the assertion for me. How very ... christian ... of you.
First, it was all that was needed!

You saw where it was going and like ALL COWARDS you avoided the question and replied with an attack...

Here is another chance to answer, "Are you making an argument that absolute morals exist?"

Because I expected, based on your maturity level, you would NOT answer my question, I correctly posted the following...

Checkmate! Next???
Pure Genius

Redding, CA

#159899 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You can't assign properties to a god until you h e even shown said god exists.
Checkmate!
<quoted text>
Another Coward that won't answer a question.
Pure Genius

Redding, CA

#159900 Mar 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Your ignorance is startling!!! 1.) We do not know that the universe was caused by a great explosion. 2,) The Earth was never a molten mass of lava. 3.) Much of the water was the result of a cooling earth. 4.) Hoorah, you got the primordial seas part right, good for you!!!
If it isn't the Coward that can't back up his BS!
Pure Genius

Redding, CA

#159901 Mar 12, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Fool
Nope, I am sticking with "COWARD"
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#159902 Mar 12, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
So god loves retain lizards and salamanders more than us? Is that more likely or is it more likely our immune systems and all living creatures are a result of evolution?
The kicker is... Dave posts nonsense like this and thinks it sounds intelligent!
<quoted text>
And lets not forget he gave the eagle the superior eye, and the whales and dolphin TWO tubes, one for breathing and the other for eating. I don't believe there has ever been a whale of dolphin death attributed to choking while eating. There is also a species of jellyfish that could possible live forever unless killed by prey.
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#159903 Mar 12, 2013
Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is a method.
Atheists seem to often mention science,
when not criticizing belief.
Vatican conference is interesting, choosing a new Pope for atheists to reject.
Science is the only methodology to determine whether something is either true or not. Unless you don't care that your beliefs are true, like most Theists. Personally I want as many true beliefs in my life as possible. I can then discard any belief that is untrue. Makes for a much more sane world. It also helps in making important decisions.

Since when has there ever been a Pope that Atheists didn't reject? What a stupid thing to say.
Pure Genius

Redding, CA

#159904 Mar 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>And lets not forget he gave the eagle the superior eye, and the whales and dolphin TWO tubes, one for breathing and the other for eating. I don't believe there has ever been a whale of dolphin death attributed to choking while eating. There is also a species of jellyfish that could possible live forever unless killed by prey.
Coward!
Pure Genius

Redding, CA

#159905 Mar 12, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Science is the only methodology to determine whether something is either true or not. Unless you don't care that your beliefs are true, like most Theists. Personally I want as many true beliefs in my life as possible. I can then discard any belief that is untrue. Makes for a much more sane world. It also helps in making important decisions.
Since when has there ever been a Pope that Atheists didn't reject? What a stupid thing to say.
Coward!
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#159906 Mar 12, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
...or you can believe shit is apple butter and put it on your toast for breakfast.
Your beliefs are startling, your stupidity is not.
Thanks for the really intelligent reply, I expected nothing less for you. You can now piss off, I think I'm done stooping down to wiper the drool off your chin!!!
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#159907 Mar 12, 2013
Pure Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
If it isn't the Coward that can't back up his BS!
Do you have something to offer or are you just hurling shit?
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#159908 Mar 12, 2013
Pure Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Coward!
ha ha ha ha ha ....your like the frigin caveman that sits in the back of the cave grunting one word over and over.........I know that putting together two or more words is a huge challenge for you let alone a coherent thought. Better you just stick to whats comfortable for you, one words grunts...ha ha ah aaahhh aha ha. assclown!!!!
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#159909 Mar 12, 2013
Pure Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Coward!
Me....make fire......uggh...fire good..........food.......ugh.. ..food good!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr candlesmell 94,151
a prayer of salvation for those who are willing (Oct '17) 18 hr blacklagoon 3 138
News Egyptian Parliament considers outlawing atheism May 15 dollarsbill 5
Stephen Hawking, now a believer May 8 superwilly 20
The atheists trick May 8 Eagle 12 - 3
News The Anti-Christian Movement May 7 blacklagoon 3 25
News Why Atheist Richard Dawkins Supports Religious ... (Jun '17) May 5 Eagle 12 - 5,971