Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,669)

Showing posts 153,361 - 153,380 of223,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>"human like form" would be appropriate. Which isn't to say that is God's form, not at all. God appeared in a human like form so Abram would understand.
Is that the latest rationalization?

Funny how the rationalizations grow in direct proportion to our understanding of reality.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been found that it does, but it in it self is probabilistic.
But it's counter intuitive , you would think the effect would speed up decay. but it turns out to slow it.
The thing is decay was thought to be random, but a fixed rate.
Turns out it is random and at a random variable rate.
But it's only a small factor. And seems this effect stems from the suns core. This was found because they thought they could generate large strings of random numbers by counting radioactive decay, and stumbled on this accidentally. The funny thing is the decay slows before the actual solar eruption, it's another inexplicable mystery of the sun.
http://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/research/2010/...
As pointed out in the article, it is probably due to interaction with neutrinos from the sun. This is supported by the particular isotopes of Cl used. It is the specific isotope that is used to detect electron neutrinos.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>My understanding comes from reality, what else is there? You prove my point over and over again, your God is something only imagined. You can say NOTHING about what he/it/she is, only what it isn't. This.....thing, reached out and touched you on the head, you should have at least a vague idea of what it is. Or did you only IMAGINE that this thing touched you. Of course you're totally convinced the experience was real, but the mental institutions are FULL of people who truly believe all kinds of things. "There's a creature that lives in my closet and every night it comes out and touches me on the head." You're off to a mental institution. "A being for which there is so physical evidence for reached out and touched me on the head." You're just another Christian, see the double standard here? Total insanity that takes place under the banner of religion is somehow accepted. Of course its accepted only by those of religion, the rest of us see it for what it is, total delusional insanity. And I alway feel intense pity for those stricken with that dreaded mental illness DELUSIONAL DISORDER.
Nice rant.

Would your unshakable belief that you are actually worth something in the larger scheme of things be under the classification of DELUSIONAL DISORDER?

I didn't think so. The thought would never enter your head.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is.
Jesus, if he existed at all, is still dead.
But his influence is still felt far and wide.

Can't say the same for your great grandparents.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P roton
Look at this crap. Neverending looped thinking and reference to this field and that field and tons and tons of words. Very easy to get confused.
Yes, you are clearly confused.
Protons, nuetrons, quarks, electrons, all interchangeable to some degree under the right conditions.
Wrong.
This reduction to those fundamental particles is the basis of quantum physics, which is greatly inhibited in its potential because it deals with the existing model and all of those "particles", fields, and other bandaids applied to the standard model of particles.
Too bad for you we actually detect and measure the properties of those particles.
These particles are part of a process, not pre-existing "solid particles" as building blocks.
it's a confused mess.
Well,*someone* is a confused mess.
If you want this quantum physics to really work,
But it *does* work. That is the whole point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you are clearly confused.
<quoted text>
Wrong.
<quoted text>
Too bad for you we actually detect and measure the properties of those particles.
<quoted text>
Well,*someone* is a confused mess.
<quoted text>
But it *does* work. That is the whole point.
Then your virtual particles and random nuclear decay prove magic or another dimension this one is part of. Those virtual particles have to be in this space. Long ways out to the edge of the universe, eh?

Thank you for your contribution. Confused as it is.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>My understanding comes from reality, what else is there? You prove my point over and over again, your God is something only imagined. You can say NOTHING about what he/it/she is, only what it isn't. This.....thing, reached out and touched you on the head, you should have at least a vague idea of what it is. Or did you only IMAGINE that this thing touched you. Of course you're totally convinced the experience was real, but the mental institutions are FULL of people who truly believe all kinds of things. "There's a creature that lives in my closet and every night it comes out and touches me on the head." You're off to a mental institution. "A being for which there is so physical evidence for reached out and touched me on the head." You're just another Christian, see the double standard here? Total insanity that takes place under the banner of religion is somehow accepted. Of course its accepted only by those of religion, the rest of us see it for what it is, total delusional insanity. And I alway feel intense pity for those stricken with that dreaded mental illness DELUSIONAL DISORDER.
Your delusional disorder tells you that you know all about reality.

Isn't you that said "if science can't detect it, it doesn't exist"??

LMAO!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it is.
Jesus, if he existed at all, is still dead.
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ralphbenko/2013/0...

Interesting.

There's a shelf life of that stuff, too. Need to use it before it gets old and you have to dispose of it, according to EPA regulations.

1.6 billion rounds of ammo. For one department. Wow!!! Hope it is all American made.

Maybe those libs are preparing for an invasion from ETs they aren't telling you about?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2013/03/11/iran-...

Hmmm, sounds like what Topix atheists want to do.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice rant.
Would your unshakable belief that you are actually worth something in the larger scheme of things be under the classification of DELUSIONAL DISORDER?
I didn't think so. The thought would never enter your head.
You really don't see the difference do you. My worth is not up to me, but to others. There are many who believe that my worth is high. The people who hire me to play and arrange, the people who offer me commissions, they are the ones who gauge my worth. And from the amount of work that I do, can only assume that my worth is great.

This does seem to be a reoccurring theme for you, self-worth. On more than one occasion you seem to be projecting your failure to be worth anything to anyone. It would appear that your accomplishments have been unimportant and your contributions in any way have been barren. I do think I detect some hidden jealousy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You really don't see the difference do you. My worth is not up to me, but to others. There are many who believe that my worth is high. The people who hire me to play and arrange, the people who offer me commissions, they are the ones who gauge my worth. And from the amount of work that I do, can only assume that my worth is great.
This does seem to be a reoccurring theme for you, self-worth. On more than one occasion you seem to be projecting your failure to be worth anything to anyone. It would appear that your accomplishments have been unimportant and your contributions in any way have been barren. I do think I detect some hidden jealousy.
No jealousy, just some amusement at your logic.

The story of Jesus has proven to be worth much more to mankind than your musical abilities, or demand for such. Whether it is true or not.

May I also point out that many, many, many10^? have even given their lives for this you call a mythical character, which I am pretty sure is more than have died to hear your music, or from hearing it.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ignorantly under the assumption that I worship my brother, dad and mom...
The empty cross reminds Christians of the resurrection. The cross reperesents the sacrifice Jesus made for mankind.
It's your foolish atheist brain telling you that Jesus' death is just the same as any ol' human death. It's not.
What sacrifice are you speaking of? Jesus made a sacrifice for mankind? really?.....hummmm. How can we get by the fact that if this BS actually happened, Christ NEVER really died, now did he!!! He rose from the dead and became a God thing, how is that a sacrifice?

Your own Christian doctrine declares Jesus as part of the holy trinity...the father the son and the holy spirit, all three are said to be one, yet separate....more religious voodoo. All parties involved KNEW that Jesus would never really die, as they can all see the future. Even if you just want to talk about God sacrificing his son, you have to realize that GOD KNEW Jesus would never truly die and that he would ascent into heaven and become a God. Offer me the same deal and I'd jump at it......"Hey your going to go through some really bad torture, and die a slow death, BUT....You will rise up from the dead and continue your existence, and not only that,,,,you get to live forever and be a God!!" Holy...shit...sign me up!!!

This should go down as histories biggest hoax and you poor slobs bought into it hook, line and sinker....ha ha ha ha pitiful, really pitiful.

I have a very good friend in Nam, he made a sacrifice, he actually died so that myself and other could live. Guess what.....HE STAYED DEAD, he didn't get to rise up out of the grave and continue his life, his was a real sacrifice, not like the cruel joke God played on all you poor dopes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
You really don't see the difference do you. My worth is not up to me, but to others. There are many who believe that my worth is high. The people who hire me to play and arrange, the people who offer me commissions, they are the ones who gauge my worth. And from the amount of work that I do, can only assume that my worth is great.
8 references to your greatness in one little post...

LOL
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No jealousy, just some amusement at your logic.
The story of Jesus has proven to be worth much more to mankind than your musical abilities, or demand for such. Whether it is true or not.
May I also point out that many, many, many10^? have even given their lives for this you call a mythical character, which I am pretty sure is more than have died to hear your music, or from hearing it.
Of course it worth more to those who share your delusions, for others, like myself it mean nothing. You continue with your very strange criteria comparing my music to people dying for Jesus, WTF is that all about. A lot of people died needlessly for jesus as in those who followed David Karesh, and Jim Jones, and countless other nutballs.

The story of Jesus has done nothing but retard man kinds progress for centuries. Thats exactly what happens to people when thy believe things without evidence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>What sacrifice are you speaking of? Jesus made a sacrifice for mankind? really?.....hummmm. How can we get by the fact that if this BS actually happened, Christ NEVER really died, now did he!!! He rose from the dead and became a God thing, how is that a sacrifice?
Your own Christian doctrine declares Jesus as part of the holy trinity...the father the son and the holy spirit, all three are said to be one, yet separate....more religious voodoo. All parties involved KNEW that Jesus would never really die, as they can all see the future. Even if you just want to talk about God sacrificing his son, you have to realize that GOD KNEW Jesus would never truly die and that he would ascent into heaven and become a God. Offer me the same deal and I'd jump at it......"Hey your going to go through some really bad torture, and die a slow death, BUT....You will rise up from the dead and continue your existence, and not only that,,,,you get to live forever and be a God!!" Holy...shit...sign me up!!!
This should go down as histories biggest hoax and you poor slobs bought into it hook, line and sinker....ha ha ha ha pitiful, really pitiful.
I have a very good friend in Nam, he made a sacrifice, he actually died so that myself and other could live. Guess what.....HE STAYED DEAD, he didn't get to rise up out of the grave and continue his life, his was a real sacrifice, not like the cruel joke God played on all you poor dopes.
Do you carry him in your heart, or do you think he was just a sucker for saving your nasty ass?

The story of Jesus was liberating man from his physical self to a higher existence and eternal life. A seed that sprouts into a new world.

Liberation from the tyranny of man, which included those who did it under the name of religious doctrine. It was the religious order that had him killed.

You are gonna die anyhow, right? Live in fear of losing your life, or know you can die and they won't run your life any more. It's a religion of free men, because their spirits are free.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
What sacrifice are you speaking of? Jesus made a sacrifice for mankind? really?.....hummmm. How can we get by the fact that if this BS actually happened, Christ NEVER really died, now did he!!! He rose from the dead and became a God thing, how is that a sacrifice?
When your mind starts with an assumption, such as "this BS", you'll like be drawn to an inaccurate conclusion.

Which you have.
Your own Christian doctrine declares Jesus as part of the holy trinity...the father the son and the holy spirit, all three are said to be one, yet separate....more religious voodoo.
See?
All parties involved KNEW that Jesus would never really die,
Really? The Romans "KNEW" that?

The apostles "KNEW" that?

Your delusions are getting more grandiose by the post.
as they can all see the future. Even if you just want to talk about God sacrificing his son, you have to realize that GOD KNEW Jesus would never truly die and that he would ascent into heaven and become a God.
Jesus didn't sacrifice Himself for Himself, dumbass.
Offer me the same deal and I'd jump at it......"Hey your going to go through some really bad torture, and die a slow death, BUT....You will rise up from the dead and continue your existence, and not only that,,,,you get to live forever and be a God!!" Holy...shit...sign me up!!!
Rant off?
No way! He "stayed dead"????

Trip out, man.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it worth more to those who share your delusions, for others, like myself it mean nothing. You continue with your very strange criteria comparing my music to people dying for Jesus, WTF is that all about. A lot of people died needlessly for jesus as in those who followed David Karesh, and Jim Jones, and countless other nutballs.
The story of Jesus has done nothing but retard man kinds progress for centuries. Thats exactly what happens to people when thy believe things without evidence.
You are retarded.

Retarded progress, eh?

Compare the advancement of science and humanities in the different civilizations, Christian and non-Christian since that time, then get back to me. You will note some of those civilizations didn't advance until they were conquered by the Christian ones.

BTW, a history of your trumpet. Note when, and under what civilization, it became of value other than making noise.

http://musiced.about.com/od/lessonsandtips/a/...
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you carry him in your heart, or do you think he was just a sucker for saving your nasty ass?
The story of Jesus was liberating man from his physical self to a higher existence and eternal life. A seed that sprouts into a new world.
Liberation from the tyranny of man, which included those who did it under the name of religious doctrine. It was the religious order that had him killed.
You are gonna die anyhow, right? Live in fear of losing your life, or know you can die and they won't run your life any more. It's a religion of free men, because their spirits are free.
Do you carry him in your heart, NOPE or do you think he was just a sucker for saving your nasty ass? HE IS A MYTH

The story of Jesus was liberating man from his physical self to a higher existence and eternal life. A seed that sprouts into a new world. COPIED COPIOUSLY FROM MITHRAS

http://jdstone.org/cr/files/mithraschristiani...

MITHRAS = CHRISTIANITY?

1) Hundreds of years before Jesus, according to the Mithraic religion, three Wise Men of Persia came to visit the baby savior-god Mithra, bring him gifts of gold, myrrh and frankincense
2) Mithra was born on December 25 as told in the “Great Religions of the World”, page 330; “…it was the winter solstice celebrated by ancients as the birthday of Mithraism’s sun god”.
3) According to Mithraism, before Mithra died on a cross, he celebrated a “Last Supper with his twelve disciples, who represented the twelve signs of the zodiac.
4) After the death of Mithra, his body was laid to rest in a rock tomb.
5) Mithra had a celibate priesthood.
6) Mithra ascended into heaven during the spring (Passover) equinox (the time when the sun crosses the equator making night and day of equal length).

Liberation from the tyranny of man, which included those who did it under the name of religious doctrine. It was the religious order that had him killed. TRUE

YOU FELL IN THE TOWER OF BABBLE AGAIN

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2 013/03/11/iran-puts-five-chris tians-on-trial-for-their-faith /
Hmmm, sounds like what Topix atheists want to do.
"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries."

-Obama, Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 153,361 - 153,380 of223,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••