Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#159545 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice rant.
Would your unshakable belief that you are actually worth something in the larger scheme of things be under the classification of DELUSIONAL DISORDER?
I didn't think so. The thought would never enter your head.
You really don't see the difference do you. My worth is not up to me, but to others. There are many who believe that my worth is high. The people who hire me to play and arrange, the people who offer me commissions, they are the ones who gauge my worth. And from the amount of work that I do, can only assume that my worth is great.

This does seem to be a reoccurring theme for you, self-worth. On more than one occasion you seem to be projecting your failure to be worth anything to anyone. It would appear that your accomplishments have been unimportant and your contributions in any way have been barren. I do think I detect some hidden jealousy.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#159546 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You really don't see the difference do you. My worth is not up to me, but to others. There are many who believe that my worth is high. The people who hire me to play and arrange, the people who offer me commissions, they are the ones who gauge my worth. And from the amount of work that I do, can only assume that my worth is great.
This does seem to be a reoccurring theme for you, self-worth. On more than one occasion you seem to be projecting your failure to be worth anything to anyone. It would appear that your accomplishments have been unimportant and your contributions in any way have been barren. I do think I detect some hidden jealousy.
No jealousy, just some amusement at your logic.

The story of Jesus has proven to be worth much more to mankind than your musical abilities, or demand for such. Whether it is true or not.

May I also point out that many, many, many10^? have even given their lives for this you call a mythical character, which I am pretty sure is more than have died to hear your music, or from hearing it.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#159547 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're ignorantly under the assumption that I worship my brother, dad and mom...
The empty cross reminds Christians of the resurrection. The cross reperesents the sacrifice Jesus made for mankind.
It's your foolish atheist brain telling you that Jesus' death is just the same as any ol' human death. It's not.
What sacrifice are you speaking of? Jesus made a sacrifice for mankind? really?.....hummmm. How can we get by the fact that if this BS actually happened, Christ NEVER really died, now did he!!! He rose from the dead and became a God thing, how is that a sacrifice?

Your own Christian doctrine declares Jesus as part of the holy trinity...the father the son and the holy spirit, all three are said to be one, yet separate....more religious voodoo. All parties involved KNEW that Jesus would never really die, as they can all see the future. Even if you just want to talk about God sacrificing his son, you have to realize that GOD KNEW Jesus would never truly die and that he would ascent into heaven and become a God. Offer me the same deal and I'd jump at it......"Hey your going to go through some really bad torture, and die a slow death, BUT....You will rise up from the dead and continue your existence, and not only that,,,,you get to live forever and be a God!!" Holy...shit...sign me up!!!

This should go down as histories biggest hoax and you poor slobs bought into it hook, line and sinker....ha ha ha ha pitiful, really pitiful.

I have a very good friend in Nam, he made a sacrifice, he actually died so that myself and other could live. Guess what.....HE STAYED DEAD, he didn't get to rise up out of the grave and continue his life, his was a real sacrifice, not like the cruel joke God played on all you poor dopes.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#159548 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
You really don't see the difference do you. My worth is not up to me, but to others. There are many who believe that my worth is high. The people who hire me to play and arrange, the people who offer me commissions, they are the ones who gauge my worth. And from the amount of work that I do, can only assume that my worth is great.
8 references to your greatness in one little post...

LOL
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#159549 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No jealousy, just some amusement at your logic.
The story of Jesus has proven to be worth much more to mankind than your musical abilities, or demand for such. Whether it is true or not.
May I also point out that many, many, many10^? have even given their lives for this you call a mythical character, which I am pretty sure is more than have died to hear your music, or from hearing it.
Of course it worth more to those who share your delusions, for others, like myself it mean nothing. You continue with your very strange criteria comparing my music to people dying for Jesus, WTF is that all about. A lot of people died needlessly for jesus as in those who followed David Karesh, and Jim Jones, and countless other nutballs.

The story of Jesus has done nothing but retard man kinds progress for centuries. Thats exactly what happens to people when thy believe things without evidence.

Location hidden

#159550 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>What sacrifice are you speaking of? Jesus made a sacrifice for mankind? really?.....hummmm. How can we get by the fact that if this BS actually happened, Christ NEVER really died, now did he!!! He rose from the dead and became a God thing, how is that a sacrifice?
Your own Christian doctrine declares Jesus as part of the holy trinity...the father the son and the holy spirit, all three are said to be one, yet separate....more religious voodoo. All parties involved KNEW that Jesus would never really die, as they can all see the future. Even if you just want to talk about God sacrificing his son, you have to realize that GOD KNEW Jesus would never truly die and that he would ascent into heaven and become a God. Offer me the same deal and I'd jump at it......"Hey your going to go through some really bad torture, and die a slow death, BUT....You will rise up from the dead and continue your existence, and not only that,,,,you get to live forever and be a God!!" Holy...shit...sign me up!!!
This should go down as histories biggest hoax and you poor slobs bought into it hook, line and sinker....ha ha ha ha pitiful, really pitiful.
I have a very good friend in Nam, he made a sacrifice, he actually died so that myself and other could live. Guess what.....HE STAYED DEAD, he didn't get to rise up out of the grave and continue his life, his was a real sacrifice, not like the cruel joke God played on all you poor dopes.
Do you carry him in your heart, or do you think he was just a sucker for saving your nasty ass?

The story of Jesus was liberating man from his physical self to a higher existence and eternal life. A seed that sprouts into a new world.

Liberation from the tyranny of man, which included those who did it under the name of religious doctrine. It was the religious order that had him killed.

You are gonna die anyhow, right? Live in fear of losing your life, or know you can die and they won't run your life any more. It's a religion of free men, because their spirits are free.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#159551 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
What sacrifice are you speaking of? Jesus made a sacrifice for mankind? really?.....hummmm. How can we get by the fact that if this BS actually happened, Christ NEVER really died, now did he!!! He rose from the dead and became a God thing, how is that a sacrifice?
When your mind starts with an assumption, such as "this BS", you'll like be drawn to an inaccurate conclusion.

Which you have.
Your own Christian doctrine declares Jesus as part of the holy trinity...the father the son and the holy spirit, all three are said to be one, yet separate....more religious voodoo.
See?
All parties involved KNEW that Jesus would never really die,
Really? The Romans "KNEW" that?

The apostles "KNEW" that?

Your delusions are getting more grandiose by the post.
as they can all see the future. Even if you just want to talk about God sacrificing his son, you have to realize that GOD KNEW Jesus would never truly die and that he would ascent into heaven and become a God.
Jesus didn't sacrifice Himself for Himself, dumbass.
Offer me the same deal and I'd jump at it......"Hey your going to go through some really bad torture, and die a slow death, BUT....You will rise up from the dead and continue your existence, and not only that,,,,you get to live forever and be a God!!" Holy...shit...sign me up!!!
Rant off?
No way! He "stayed dead"????

Trip out, man.

Location hidden

#159552 Mar 11, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Of course it worth more to those who share your delusions, for others, like myself it mean nothing. You continue with your very strange criteria comparing my music to people dying for Jesus, WTF is that all about. A lot of people died needlessly for jesus as in those who followed David Karesh, and Jim Jones, and countless other nutballs.
The story of Jesus has done nothing but retard man kinds progress for centuries. Thats exactly what happens to people when thy believe things without evidence.
You are retarded.

Retarded progress, eh?

Compare the advancement of science and humanities in the different civilizations, Christian and non-Christian since that time, then get back to me. You will note some of those civilizations didn't advance until they were conquered by the Christian ones.

BTW, a history of your trumpet. Note when, and under what civilization, it became of value other than making noise.

http://musiced.about.com/od/lessonsandtips/a/...
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#159553 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you carry him in your heart, or do you think he was just a sucker for saving your nasty ass?
The story of Jesus was liberating man from his physical self to a higher existence and eternal life. A seed that sprouts into a new world.
Liberation from the tyranny of man, which included those who did it under the name of religious doctrine. It was the religious order that had him killed.
You are gonna die anyhow, right? Live in fear of losing your life, or know you can die and they won't run your life any more. It's a religion of free men, because their spirits are free.
Do you carry him in your heart, NOPE or do you think he was just a sucker for saving your nasty ass? HE IS A MYTH

The story of Jesus was liberating man from his physical self to a higher existence and eternal life. A seed that sprouts into a new world. COPIED COPIOUSLY FROM MITHRAS

http://jdstone.org/cr/files/mithraschristiani...

MITHRAS = CHRISTIANITY?

1) Hundreds of years before Jesus, according to the Mithraic religion, three Wise Men of Persia came to visit the baby savior-god Mithra, bring him gifts of gold, myrrh and frankincense
2) Mithra was born on December 25 as told in the “Great Religions of the World”, page 330; “…it was the winter solstice celebrated by ancients as the birthday of Mithraism’s sun god”.
3) According to Mithraism, before Mithra died on a cross, he celebrated a “Last Supper with his twelve disciples, who represented the twelve signs of the zodiac.
4) After the death of Mithra, his body was laid to rest in a rock tomb.
5) Mithra had a celibate priesthood.
6) Mithra ascended into heaven during the spring (Passover) equinox (the time when the sun crosses the equator making night and day of equal length).

Liberation from the tyranny of man, which included those who did it under the name of religious doctrine. It was the religious order that had him killed. TRUE

YOU FELL IN THE TOWER OF BABBLE AGAIN

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#159554 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2 013/03/11/iran-puts-five-chris tians-on-trial-for-their-faith /
Hmmm, sounds like what Topix atheists want to do.
"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries."

-Obama, Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#159556 Mar 11, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you carry him in your heart, NOPE or do you think he was just a sucker for saving your nasty ass? HE IS A MYTH
The story of Jesus was liberating man from his physical self to a higher existence and eternal life. A seed that sprouts into a new world. COPIED COPIOUSLY FROM MITHRAS
MITHRAS = CHRISTIANITY?
1) Hundreds of years before Jesus, according to the Mithraic religion, three Wise Men of Persia came to visit the baby savior-god Mithra, bring him gifts of gold, myrrh and frankincense
2) Mithra was born on December 25 as told in the “Great Religions of the World”, page 330; “…it was the winter solstice celebrated by ancients as the birthday of Mithraism’s sun god”.
3) According to Mithraism, before Mithra died on a cross, he celebrated a “Last Supper with his twelve disciples, who represented the twelve signs of the zodiac.
6) Mithra ascended into heaven during the spring (Passover) equinox (the time when the sun crosses the equator making night and day of equal length).
Liberation from the tyranny of man, which included those who did it under the name of religious doctrine. It was the religious order that had him killed. TRUE
LMFAO!

A Pagan website?!? That's your "source"???

Did you bother to check on when Mithraism was? No?

'twas after Jesus, after Christianity. In the 2nd & 3rd century AD. And it was just a Greco-Roman paganist cult.

Maybe a copy?

Naaaaaawww......

Location hidden

#159557 Mar 11, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
MITHRAS = CHRISTIANITY?
Amusing.

You get so passionate about this.

I read the stories and understand the meanings. Doesn't mean I become a follower or adherent to a religion. Just lends to an understanding of a larger process you can't even comprehend.

I am really a kind of dispassionate observer. Seriously.

Get in touch with yourself and you may be less reactive.

Location hidden

#159558 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!
'twas after Jesus, after Christianity. In the 2nd & 3rd century AD. And it was just a Greco-Roman paganist cult.
Maybe a copy?
Naaaaaawww......
Here is an interesting article on Mithras and Jesus. They seem to have been in parallel.

http://www.viewzone.com/mithras.html

As it is, I don't go by the records or accounts of events, but by the messages in them.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#159559 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMFAO!
Maybe a copy?
Naaaaaawww......
I have checked the information there, it is valid.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#159560 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You would like to think so.
Marriage was only between men and women when the Constitution was written. Period. No expectation it would ever be anything else.
That's true. And when the Constitution was drafted, we also had slavery. Times change.
Marriage laws are up to the individual states.
Also correct.
There is no Constitutional right to same sex marriage on the Federal level.
There is neither a Constitutional right or specific exclusion. There is just marriage. Which already includes gay people in several states, and will almost certainly include more in more states.
Just like gays, coming in the back door to get what they want. Even if they have to pervert the Constitution. Again, you would have to pervert the 14th amendment to even get a foot in the door on that one.
LOL! Laws change all the time Dave. Even the Constitution get's reinterpreted and amended. Take a history lesson sometime.

And BTW, gay people didn't change any legislation by themselves. Many, many straight people saw the justice in their cause and backed them up.

So anyway, back to my original question: were your marriages arranged, Mr. Originalist? LOL!

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#159561 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no perspective on reality outside that you created for yourself. And try to share with others.
BWAHAHAHAHAH!

*snort*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#159562 Mar 11, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have checked the information there, it is valid.
Oh...

You checked it...

Well then.

Of course it's valid, but it was all written AFTER the stories of Jesus were written.

It's a copy. Just as much as Islam is.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#159563 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is an interesting article on Mithras and Jesus. They seem to have been in parallel.
http://www.viewzone.com/mithras.html
As it is, I don't go by the records or accounts of events, but by the messages in them.
Interesting.

That these atheists think that because Christianity took over pagan holiday dates to squash them out, that means they're copies of the same pagan holiday.

Ugh.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#159564 Mar 11, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
But his influence is still felt far and wide.
Can't say the same for your great grandparents.
Or my grandparents.

Of course, nobody was ever burned at the stake for not listening to them.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#159565 Mar 11, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Your welcome.

He's still dead.

So is Michael Jackson.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 19 min woodtick57 2,267
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 1 hr Yiago 148
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 6 hr _Bad Company 141
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 7 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 7 hr thetruth 67
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 23 hr _Bad Company 23,198
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists Fri Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web