Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
153,121 - 153,140 of 224,181 Comments Last updated 21 min ago

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, what's your excuse? Young and living in a big town.
Rocky Ford is a big city in this area. They have a red light and 4 or 5 gas stations.
I live in a smaller place out in the hinterlands.
I am not young and I no longer live in a big town, yet I am still am not on here as much as you.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Ugh. Have a dying hard drive on this laptop.
Shutting down for the night. Probably. Gotta run a bad block test.
But before I go. One observation.
Notice all of these Topix atheists being so liberal and they love and support gays and marriage?
Why is the worst insults they can come up with is insinuating another poster is gay?
Makes you wonder.:-)
Maybe Catcher can answer that.
Good night.
Thanks for your confidence in me, but you'll have to give me a couple of examples of what you are referring to.

Good night.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction: slide rule. Not slide ruler.
I got a very nice slide rule as a present for when I entered college. It had a leather case and a belt loop. It also had several rules that were not on cheaper models. I still have it and remember how to use it. This was probably one of the last slide rules manufactured: it wasn't long after that I got a programmable 'pocket' calculator (for a couple hundred dollars).
Lemme guess - the thing could add, subtract, multiply, divide, and use VERY simple arithmetic exponents?
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Judged:

WALTHAM, Mass.(-- While anticipation is building around the world ahead of picking the pope, Catholic school students in Waltham are trying to do their part by saying their prayers.
Middle school students at Our Lady's Academy in Waltham are joining together in prayer -- sending their thoughts to Rome on the election of the next pope.
“I think it's very important, this is a very big deal. It's going to be a big part of our Catholic history, and it felt really nice, it felt like I was really connected with God,” said Haley Campbell, 8th grade.
“The children have assembled each class, about 15 minutes, where they have been praying in Eucharistic adoration and asking the Lord's blessing on the selection of the new pope, and those who will elect him,” said Fr. James Diperri, Our Lady’s Academy.
One student was hoping the cardinals would pick Boston’s own, Cardinal Sean O’Malley.
“I was actually praying that he would become pope, because he's pretty good actually, his age, he's pretty young. He's fit for the job, so he'd do really well,” said Nicole Porte, 8th grade.
Even though they are thousands of miles from Rome, through the power of prayer, they're hoping to be part of the process.
“I felt connected to everyone in the room and the church in whole, like we were all praying. And it felt really good,” said Chloe Olwell.
Lincoln

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to be a self hating homosexual in the closet, your obsession with homosexuality betrays this.
Doubt if you could tell?
Peace

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

LMFAO!

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahhahahahahahahahaa!!

Best go to bed now Dave!

Thanks for the laughs!:)
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said, what's your excuse? Young and living in a big town.
Rocky Ford is a big city in this area. They have a red light and 4 or 5 gas stations.
I live in a smaller place out in the hinterlands.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate atheists. I was one for 50 years. I hate as*holes posing as one just to be as*holes. They were much more intellectual and classier before it became a fad for idiots on the internet.
That is why I use the term Topix atheists all of the time. Faux intellects.
Well then, you being the familiar....

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I still have a slide rule.
I also have a 1934 can opener.
That's before Marie Curie invented the magnet even.
Pretty cool, eh?
Don't make me use my mallet"2

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean they charge money?
Is that how you met her?
Ever been Tia club where they didn't charge money?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Water has a granularity not found in true space.

Notice everything is in motion.

Math is necessary, but it is a tool, and not supposed to be the deity.

Some where along the line a false model was created using math because of incorrect interpretations of events. That model built upon those incorrect assumptions has become a false idol.

One more time. Space as a superfluid with no granularity. Using a syringe as an example of motion imparted. The syringe is opened and full of this same space. Close the syringe. The jet encounters the space and the motion wraps that space around the linear stream you just created. The collapse behind the direction of motion keeps the ball formed by that wrapping moving. This is where inertia happens, and your perception of the speed of light limit. The displacing of what is in front and the fill in behind.

That spinning ball you just created now appears "solid" because of its motion. That motion creates something to react with.

But the whole universe is a pretty complex collection of those thingies.

But something started the motion of space. Whether it is in a closed container or THE universal substance.

You are looking at thought, there.

Or something like that.
Give it up, Dave.(Note the comma)

You're an idiot.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Lincoln wrote:
<quoted text>"...Lord Kelvin gradually figured it out...."
....this is the basis of your belief ?:-)

From the start, the tone of atheist evangelicals suggested desperation .
Atheism may be understood as a response to the persistence of faith. This may explain the tone of atheists and increasingly angry at the fact that people continue to believe.
Atheists may wish control of America at a time of their decline?
Peace
Give it up, Dave.(Note the comma)

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>It would be easier to respond to that if you were more coherent in presenting it.

You assume a lot in your deductions, ignoring many other things.

They believed in a higher power or religion until the end of their days.

Every true scientist knows something lurks beyond the pale. Their intellect and intuition tells them so. This is one of the motivations for them to pursue how it is put together. To follow the stream back home.

Then you have Topix atheists that rant and rave from a strictly emotional viewpoint,,and coupled with their inability to think, reach out and grab portions of science espoused by other nut cases, interpretations of a theological nature and not true scientific interpretations, as "truths" not to be denied.

They have to find others that can think, and use the personal interpretations of those others as justification for their mental and emotional issues.
You're the one with issues, Dave.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
The level that a Topix atheist's brain works at prevents them from thinking beyond the literal, and from grasping allegory and metaphors.

They screech and rant and rave against the literal words of religious works, and almost exclusively against the Abrahamic Bible.

There are two words in that Bible that should pique the interest of anyone with a brain.

"I AM".

But that will sail right over their heads.
Or under our feet.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Tia never charges me.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever been Tia club where they didn't charge money?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>There is a division between organized religion and more independent spirituality that grew from that, not a denial of a higher power or dimension.

That is what Jesus taught. Individual connections to the great "I AM". The emergence of consciousness and existence. All you got to do is believe you live past this manifestation.

The church and formalized doctrine were created by men. That could be by design of a higher power to spread a message, but man is good about overcomplicating some things, and putting some money in his pocket from such. He has a way of perverting anything from its original meaning, especially to suit his needs. Doesn't make the core message wrong.
What core message?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/09/ living/higher-call-military-ch ivalry/index.html?hpt=hp_c1

You don't get stories like this from being a piece of animated stellar doo doo.
Yes you do.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You are really, really out of the rational area of mental processes.

You have no perspective on reality outside that you created for yourself. And try to share with others.
Don't like the truth, do you Dave?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Very Cynical Person wrote:
<quoted text>YouÂ’re the one that brought it up.

Why are you?

Dave Nelson wrote, "<quoted text>
When you are a creature aware of itself and that everything is "created", by whatever method, and aware there is the possibility of another dimesnion of existence, afterlife, etc, then you either have a belief there is another one of those, or you don't believe, or you just flat don't know. Topix atheists get on here and argue there isn't, using scientism as a proxy for their "non-belief". Being proactive in expressing is believing, or a state of confusion.
If someone gets on hre and professes there is no afterlife, deity, or spiritual existence, then they have a belief.
The funny part is they just can't say they don't believe, they have to dance around. Which means they aren't sure of their belief in their non-belief, but that doesn't stop them from being obnoxious and accusing the religious of being dumb drones and ranting and raving against anything they say.
I believe they are nuts and/or troubled minds. I am sue there are many more that think the same way, especially after reading these "athiest forums" where they can gather and be supportive of each other in their expressions of their irrational thinking.
Topix atheists are proven nut cases."

So you are the one and only expert on all things. There are a lot of atheist that say the same about the religious “Topix religious are proven nut cases”.

You seem to have some hate issues when it comes to others belief or non-belief.
Dave hates that he's an idiot.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>I don't hate atheists. I was one for 50 years. I hate as*holes posing as one just to be as*holes. They were much more intellectual and classier before it became a fad for idiots on the internet.

That is why I use the term Topix atheists all of the time. Faux intellects.
You were never atheist.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, language, but not a god.

Too many math geeks got lost in working math puzzles.

I remember carrying a lot of pencils in my shirt pocket, but never had a pocket protector.
What?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••