Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
152,801 - 152,820 of 224,052 Comments Last updated 35 min ago
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158948
Mar 7, 2013
 
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Yup.

They used dinosaurs.
You got it!
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158949
Mar 7, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>O_o

Then what, they can marry for money?
They want marriage for medical benefits.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158950
Mar 7, 2013
 
ChristineM wrote:
I guess you must be christian and are totally unaware of my disability so I can understand your ignorance whether it’s deliberate or not.

Actually no, this is a long standing joke that you would not understand and I meant davesworld, exactly as I wrote it. But again you were not to know that.

Yes I did mean on, not an, and not an, basic mistakes that many dyslexics make and mistakes that ignorant godbods love to pick on because they have fook all else to play with. Funnily enough it’s that exact same christian mocking of my disability that is the sole reason why I am no longer christian, good to see that you keep up the traditions.

Why would god not, it’s one of the things godbots love to rant about and it is claimed your god myth is omniscient is it not? Or perhaps you delusional enough to think, as do many such christians, that you know the mind of your god?

Lies Buster wrote, "<quoted text>You really are not smart. Basically, science on works with physics and at macro levels. When it comes to quantum mechanisms and singularities, time and physics can not be measured and therefore neither can God. Basic, which is why no scientist worth his salt ever ventures into the supernatural realms, because they understand that science can only measure the physical realms."

So because there is a question that YOU cannon answer then it is me who is not smart, OK, I follow your logic there, I think it’s called deliberate ignorance.

So you argue from ignorance, may I suggest you look at the mathematics of Dr Param Sing to see if the mechanisms of singularities can be considered.

And the argument from incredulity does not work either, what you are saying is “This is the option that best suites my sensibilities there it must be fact”
So are you saying you are dyslexics?

The Geniuses disease?

Consider yourself lucky.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158951
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Top 10 Stupidest Things President George W. Bush Has Ever Said
10) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000
9) "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000
8) "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004
7) "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000
6) "You work three jobs? Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005
5) "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004
4) "They misunderestimated me." Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000
3) "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000
2) "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says, fool me once, shame on shame on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again." Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002
http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/georgewbus...
Obama takes the cake with these two:

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad."

and

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158952
Mar 7, 2013
 
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not referring to a specific culture; I was pointing out that different cultures define masculinity and femininity for each gender differently. And those definitions will no doubt continue to change into the future.
Right, so now what? Do we take all the cultures of the world and find a happy medium?

I'd say no. We haev our own culture and our culture has defined what is male and female and what attributes each gender has or is "supposed to" have.
Jimmy

Northwich, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158953
Mar 7, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, so now what? Do we take all the cultures of the world and find a happy medium?
I'd say no. We haev our own culture and our culture has defined what is male and female and what attributes each gender has or is "supposed to" have.
Didn't you know animals can be gay too, and are...

Maybe you don't like our earth the way it is very much?
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158954
Mar 7, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama takes the cake with these two:
"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad."
and
"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/03/0...

Jedi? Vulcan? Mind Meld? Mind Trick? What Was Obama Thinking?

Mar 01, 2013 He can't do "a Jedi mind meld" with Republicans and get them to see his way about taxes and spending, President Obama said

POTUS Mixed Metaphor of the Day: The 'mind meld' is not a Jedi tool from Star Wars, but a Vulcan ability from Star Trek.

Romney came out of seclusion, interview with ABC, said his problem was with NOT 'getting his message' the voters.
The real problem was he DID 'get his 47% message' to the voters!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158955
Mar 7, 2013
 
Thinking wrote:
Then why did Nani go off the pitch?
<quoted text>
To get to the other side?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158956
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you know animals can be gay too, and are...
Maybe you don't like our earth the way it is very much?
Derp

I know that.

Anything useful to add?
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158957
Mar 7, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Obama takes the cake with these two:

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad."

and

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."
He must be including the state of confusion!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158958
Mar 7, 2013
 
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/03/0...
Jedi? Vulcan? Mind Meld? Mind Trick? What Was Obama Thinking?
Mar 01, 2013 He can't do "a Jedi mind meld" with Republicans and get them to see his way about taxes and spending, President Obama said
POTUS Mixed Metaphor of the Day: The 'mind meld' is not a Jedi tool from Star Wars, but a Vulcan ability from Star Trek.
Romney came out of seclusion, interview with ABC, said his problem was with NOT 'getting his message' the voters.
The real problem was he DID 'get his 47% message' to the voters!
LMAO! I ain't seent that one!

Jedi mind meld?

BLASPHEMY!!!
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158959
Mar 7, 2013
 
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/03/0...

Jedi? Vulcan? Mind Meld? Mind Trick? What Was Obama Thinking?

Mar 01, 2013 · He can't do "a Jedi mind meld" with Republicans and get them to see his way about taxes and spending, President Obama said

POTUS Mixed Metaphor of the Day: The 'mind meld' is not a Jedi tool from Star Wars, but a Vulcan ability from Star Trek.

Romney came out of seclusion, interview with ABC, said his problem was with NOT 'getting his message' the voters.
The real problem was he DID 'get his 47% message' to the voters!
So he's not allowed to joke around?

Find real stuff to bitch about there is plenty out there.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158960
Mar 7, 2013
 
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
He must be including the state of confusion!
There's a lot more:

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries."

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's."

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions."

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." -on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158961
Mar 7, 2013
 
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>To get to the other side?
That's why the chicken crossed the road

Trouble is it didn't make it. It's now a grease spot on the black top.
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158962
Mar 7, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Derp

I know that.

Anything useful to add?
Jimmy cracks corn. What else is there. LOL
KJV

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158963
Mar 7, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO! I ain't seent that one!

Jedi mind meld?

BLASPHEMY!!!
Damn it Jim I'm a President not a metaphor expert.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158964
Mar 7, 2013
 
KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn it Jim I'm a President not a metaphor expert.
LOL
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158965
Mar 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

KJV wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn it Jim I'm a President not a metaphor expert.
Excuse me Excuse me. Id just like to ask a question What does God need with a starship?
-James Kirk, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons.
-Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

Kirk: Spock, where the hells the power you promised?
Spock: One damn minute, Admiral.
-Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

We have them just where they want us.
-Captain Kirk

Kirk: Come on. Spock, why didn't you jump in?
Spock: I was trying to comprehend the meaning of the words.
McCoy: It's a song, you green-blooded...Vulcan. You sing it. The words aren't important. What's important is that you have a good time singing it.
Spock: Oh, I am sorry, Doctor. Were we having a good time?
McCoy: God, I liked him better before he died.
-Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158966
Mar 7, 2013
 
Leave bigotry in your quarters; there's no room for it on the bridge.
Kirk in 'Balance of Terror'

"No more blah, blah, blah!
Kirk in 'Miri'

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#158967
Mar 7, 2013
 
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, so now what? Do we take all the cultures of the world and find a happy medium?
I'd say no. We haev our own culture and our culture has defined what is male and female and what attributes each gender has or is "supposed to" have.
No, I see no necessity to get some kind of homogenized universal agreement on gender. That would never happen anyway, nor should it. My point is that it's important to remember that gender is very subjective. And how our own culture (American? West-coast specifically?) defines gender has changed a great deal and will continue to do so. You've often made comments about the roles you think men and women should have, though I don't know how facetious you were being.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr Patrick 186
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr Patrick 832
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 3 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 3 hr Patrick 3
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 3 hr Patrick 359
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 3 hr Patrick 21,382
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... Wed Patrick 1,285
•••
•••