Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#158938 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What culture are YOU talking about?
I was not referring to a specific culture; I was pointing out that different cultures define masculinity and femininity for each gender differently. And those definitions will no doubt continue to change into the future.
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#158939 Mar 7, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>Who? future? u met future and he's a guy? that's sexist!!
Sorry, he's married to miss Past.

Nice couple, they keep you coming and going.
bohart

Newport, TN

#158940 Mar 7, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Top 10 Stupidest Things President George W. Bush Has Ever Said
10) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000
9) "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000
8) "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004
7) "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000
6) "You work three jobs?… Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005
5) "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004
4) "They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000
3) "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000
2) "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002
http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/georgewbus...
How did they limit it to only ten?
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#158941 Mar 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
I guess he was. That seemed to shut him up.
:)
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#158942 Mar 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>There should be a comma after Hey.

Didn't he live in Illinois? I think they got hit with a blizzard.
"There should be a comma after Hey."

I always wondered about that. Thanks
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#158943 Mar 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, Dave, yeah, blizzard.
Too funny!
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#158944 Mar 7, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Come on man, that's not why I was in Mexico.

We had a strategy meeting for the upcoming U.S. Supreme Court arguments in the DOMA and California same-sex marriage cases.

And some good food and margaritas to relax with.
You had to go to Mexico for that?

Where do you live? Haiti?
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#158945 Mar 7, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
How did they limit it to only ten?
They didn't! Check out that site
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#158946 Mar 7, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Careful who you hung out with?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/03/06/city-w...
"Vaccination is the best defense."

Really? The best defense?
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#158947 Mar 7, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>Shhhhh...<looks from side to side - whispers> Dave knows thingies.
That's good!
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#158948 Mar 7, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Yup.

They used dinosaurs.
You got it!
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#158949 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>O_o

Then what, they can marry for money?
They want marriage for medical benefits.
KJV

United States

#158950 Mar 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
I guess you must be christian and are totally unaware of my disability so I can understand your ignorance whether itÂ’s deliberate or not.

Actually no, this is a long standing joke that you would not understand and I meant davesworld, exactly as I wrote it. But again you were not to know that.

Yes I did mean on, not an, and not an, basic mistakes that many dyslexics make and mistakes that ignorant godbods love to pick on because they have fook all else to play with. Funnily enough itÂ’s that exact same christian mocking of my disability that is the sole reason why I am no longer christian, good to see that you keep up the traditions.

Why would god not, itÂ’s one of the things godbots love to rant about and it is claimed your god myth is omniscient is it not? Or perhaps you delusional enough to think, as do many such christians, that you know the mind of your god?

Lies Buster wrote, "<quoted text>You really are not smart. Basically, science on works with physics and at macro levels. When it comes to quantum mechanisms and singularities, time and physics can not be measured and therefore neither can God. Basic, which is why no scientist worth his salt ever ventures into the supernatural realms, because they understand that science can only measure the physical realms."

So because there is a question that YOU cannon answer then it is me who is not smart, OK, I follow your logic there, I think itÂ’s called deliberate ignorance.

So you argue from ignorance, may I suggest you look at the mathematics of Dr Param Sing to see if the mechanisms of singularities can be considered.

And the argument from incredulity does not work either, what you are saying is “This is the option that best suites my sensibilities there it must be fact”
So are you saying you are dyslexics?

The Geniuses disease?

Consider yourself lucky.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158951 Mar 7, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Top 10 Stupidest Things President George W. Bush Has Ever Said
10) "Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream." —LaCrosse, Wis., Oct. 18, 2000
9) "I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family." —Greater Nashua, N.H., Jan. 27, 2000
8) "I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft." —second presidential debate, St. Louis, Mo., Oct. 8, 2004
7) "I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." —Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000
6) "You work three jobs?… Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that." —to a divorced mother of three, Omaha, Nebraska, Feb. 4, 2005
5) "Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004
4) "They misunderestimated me." —Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000
3) "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" —Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000
2) "Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
1) "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002
http://politicalhumor.about.com/cs/georgewbus...
Obama takes the cake with these two:

"We're the country that built the Intercontinental Railroad."

and

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158952 Mar 7, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not referring to a specific culture; I was pointing out that different cultures define masculinity and femininity for each gender differently. And those definitions will no doubt continue to change into the future.
Right, so now what? Do we take all the cultures of the world and find a happy medium?

I'd say no. We haev our own culture and our culture has defined what is male and female and what attributes each gender has or is "supposed to" have.
Jimmy

Northwich, UK

#158953 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, so now what? Do we take all the cultures of the world and find a happy medium?
I'd say no. We haev our own culture and our culture has defined what is male and female and what attributes each gender has or is "supposed to" have.
Didn't you know animals can be gay too, and are...

Maybe you don't like our earth the way it is very much?
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#158954 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama takes the cake with these two:
and
http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/03/0...

Jedi? Vulcan? Mind Meld? Mind Trick? What Was Obama Thinking?

Mar 01, 2013 · He can't do "a Jedi mind meld" with Republicans and get them to see his way about taxes and spending, President Obama said

POTUS Mixed Metaphor of the Day: The 'mind meld' is not a Jedi tool from Star Wars, but a Vulcan ability from Star Trek.

Romney came out of seclusion, interview with ABC, said his problem was with NOT 'getting his message' the voters.
The real problem was he DID 'get his 47% message' to the voters!

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#158955 Mar 7, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Then why did Nani go off the pitch?
<quoted text>
To get to the other side?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158956 Mar 7, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you know animals can be gay too, and are...
Maybe you don't like our earth the way it is very much?
Derp

I know that.

Anything useful to add?
KJV

United States

#158957 Mar 7, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Obama takes the cake with these two:

and

He must be including the state of confusion!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 8 min Chimney1 18,823
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 3 hr thetruth 6,124
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 3 hr thetruth 2,094
News Confessions of a black atheist 3 hr thetruth 456
News The Consequences of Atheism 3 hr thetruth 1,341
News Gary Gutting and Alvin Plantinga "Is Atheism Ir... 19 hr geezerjock 1
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) Sat thetruth 14,656
More from around the web