Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,633)

Showing posts 152,641 - 152,660 of223,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that's very fair.
Wouldn't you say they there are some gays out there that are only pretending? Now that the gays are out, it's starting to feel like being gay has become more of a trend than an orientation.
Thoughts?
Not that I've seen. I don't think being gay is trendy, certainly not enough to encourage straight people to pretend they are gay. I think it's more likely that gay people are just more visible now.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well.....
Some of them are probably role playing. Maybe even some of them want to have a gay marriage just to promote it or because they think it's cool or they want to be more accepted or they want to show off... Who knows?
But I do believe that there are plenty of actual gay people out there that just can't find love or happiness in the opposite sex.
It's weird, I don't get it.
But who cares? I don't have to & neither do you.
Let 'em marry, who gives a shit. That'll just make more money for divorce lawyers.....
Well said.

I Japan homosexual men were marrying homosexual women so they could fulfill social obligations.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm passing through tossing a grenade at you, Dave.
Your highlighting of the "role" is irrelevant.
The point still stands, pops.
Bullshit.

Two males can get married. Once can himself the wife.

But they ain't gonna have any babies carrying both their genes. One might if he finds a woman to carry one for him. She is the only one that can play the role of momma.

“I won, I won, I won!!!”

Since: Mar 11

Who? Me, me, me!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think that's very fair.
Wouldn't you say they there are some gays out there that are only pretending? Now that the gays are out, it's starting to feel like being gay has become more of a trend than an orientation.
Thoughts?
Homosexuality is different in Japan - but now the Western sexual identities are moving here powerfully. Whereas before many MSM (men who have sex with men) told me "I'm not a homosexual, I just want to have sex with men" a lot of them are embracing it. I think they're tired of living hidden lives - but I'm no longer doing that kind of research, so I don't really keep tabs on the people anymore. Some must still claim not to be homosexuals (and the identity markers that they perceive going along with that).

Met my first lesbian couple here a few months back! One was obviously gay, the other apparently straight, going by stereotypes. Well, they broke up and the straightish one is straight, with a bf. She wants to marry a man, have kids. The other one doesn't.

People are so strange and interesting :)
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>Do u think aliens built the pyramids?

It doesn't make sense. How the hell did they built those things without any technology? There's only 1 other logical explanation, aliens!!
You can't stack rocks with out alien help?

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u think aliens built the pyramids?
It doesn't make sense. How the hell did they built those things without any technology? There's only 1 other logical explanation, aliens!!
LOL! No, they can explain how the pyramids were built, by humans, sometimes slaves, and sometimes not. But there is no evidence that the Hebrews were systematically enslaved.

Now Stonehenge, definitely aliens!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
But they ain't gonna have any babies carrying both their genes. One might if he finds a woman to carry one for him. She is the only one that can play the role of momma.
http://www.geritol.com/
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree! Some people just do it for the fun of it, those people have got too much lust in them!

Being gay or straight has become like a choice today. One day i can be gay the next day i can be straight and then the third day i'm gonna be both!

It's so weird how everything today has become a disorder. u can't sleep u got sleeping disorder, u eat to much u got eating disorder, u want to f*ck a man and a woman, u'r normal!! LMAO!!
Just women for me.

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
LOL! You really have no clue.
But they ain't gonna have any babies carrying both their genes.
That only seems to make a difference to you, Dave.
One might if he finds a woman to carry one for him. She is the only one that can play the role of momma.
Or just surrogate. Just as a sperm donor for a lesbian couple is not necessarily a daddy.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
But a man and woman might not be able to have babies either! R u honestly telling me the main point of getting married is to have babies? That don't make sense!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is different in Japan - but now the Western sexual identities are moving here powerfully. Whereas before many MSM (men who have sex with men) told me "I'm not a homosexual, I just want to have sex with men" a lot of them are embracing it. I think they're tired of living hidden lives - but I'm no longer doing that kind of research, so I don't really keep tabs on the people anymore. Some must still claim not to be homosexuals (and the identity markers that they perceive going along with that).
Met my first lesbian couple here a few months back! One was obviously gay, the other apparently straight, going by stereotypes. Well, they broke up and the straightish one is straight, with a bf. She wants to marry a man, have kids. The other one doesn't.
People are so strange and interesting :)

Back home at the ranch we called that the four F's.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
I Japan homosexual men were marrying homosexual women so they could fulfill social obligations.
Bill Clinton did that.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit yappin & finish that lawn!
Wrong language RR

╔ melhor ficar calado e ser considerado um tolo do que falar e eliminar qualquer d˙vida!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't stack rocks with out alien help?
U can, but not massive rocks like that! They too big and too smooth!

We got two choices; aliens or giant aliens!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.

Is that what you clowns do in Colorado ?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! No, they can explain how the pyramids were built, by humans, sometimes slaves, and sometimes not. But there is no evidence that the Hebrews were systematically enslaved.
Now Stonehenge, definitely aliens!
They can explain, but not prove it, lol!

Yes, I agree, I don't think aliens r evil, so they wouldn't enslave a fly, u know!

Yh, that's where they landed the spaceship!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just women for me.
Just men for me, atm, who knows the future. eh? ;-)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
What do u play? snakes and ladders?
"Hide the snake"......
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>U can, but not massive rocks like that! They too big and too smooth!

We got two choices; aliens or giant aliens!
You ever see what Fred Flintstone does for a living?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But a man and woman might not be able to have babies either! R u honestly telling me the main point of getting married is to have babies? That don't make sense!
Has been for a long time. Not to have the babies, but to establish inheritances and family lineages.

Such is very important for genetic research, also.

Just wait until you see the recordkeeping problems that will show up when Bruce and Brian get married. Especially if children get into the picture.

I can see some poor kid 30 years from now filling out a form 396 for a security clearance whose mommy and daddy were Bruce and Bruce.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,641 - 152,660 of223,214
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••