Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258485 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#158780 Mar 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u think aliens built the pyramids?
It doesn't make sense. How the hell did they built those things without any technology? There's only 1 other logical explanation, aliens!!
LOL! No, they can explain how the pyramids were built, by humans, sometimes slaves, and sometimes not. But there is no evidence that the Hebrews were systematically enslaved.

Now Stonehenge, definitely aliens!

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#158781 Mar 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
Two males can get married. Once can himself the wife.
But they ain't gonna have any babies carrying both their genes. One might if he finds a woman to carry one for him. She is the only one that can play the role of momma.
http://www.geritol.com/
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#158782 Mar 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>I totally agree! Some people just do it for the fun of it, those people have got too much lust in them!

Being gay or straight has become like a choice today. One day i can be gay the next day i can be straight and then the third day i'm gonna be both!

It's so weird how everything today has become a disorder. u can't sleep u got sleeping disorder, u eat to much u got eating disorder, u want to f*ck a man and a woman, u'r normal!! LMAO!!
Just women for me.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#158783 Mar 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
LOL! You really have no clue.
But they ain't gonna have any babies carrying both their genes.
That only seems to make a difference to you, Dave.
One might if he finds a woman to carry one for him. She is the only one that can play the role of momma.
Or just surrogate. Just as a sperm donor for a lesbian couple is not necessarily a daddy.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#158784 Mar 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.
But they ain't gonna have any babies carrying both their genes. One might if he finds a woman to carry one for him. She is the only one that can play the role of momma.
But a man and woman might not be able to have babies either! R u honestly telling me the main point of getting married is to have babies? That don't make sense!

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#158785 Mar 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexuality is different in Japan - but now the Western sexual identities are moving here powerfully. Whereas before many MSM (men who have sex with men) told me "I'm not a homosexual, I just want to have sex with men" a lot of them are embracing it. I think they're tired of living hidden lives - but I'm no longer doing that kind of research, so I don't really keep tabs on the people anymore. Some must still claim not to be homosexuals (and the identity markers that they perceive going along with that).
Met my first lesbian couple here a few months back! One was obviously gay, the other apparently straight, going by stereotypes. Well, they broke up and the straightish one is straight, with a bf. She wants to marry a man, have kids. The other one doesn't.
People are so strange and interesting :)

Back home at the ranch we called that the four F's.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#158786 Mar 6, 2013
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said.
I Japan homosexual men were marrying homosexual women so they could fulfill social obligations.
Bill Clinton did that.
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

#158787 Mar 6, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit yappin & finish that lawn!
Wrong language RR

É melhor ficar calado e ser considerado um tolo do que falar e eliminar qualquer dúvida!

Location hidden

#158788 Mar 6, 2013
Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't stack rocks with out alien help?
U can, but not massive rocks like that! They too big and too smooth!

We got two choices; aliens or giant aliens!

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#158789 Mar 6, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit.

Is that what you clowns do in Colorado ?

Location hidden

#158790 Mar 6, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! No, they can explain how the pyramids were built, by humans, sometimes slaves, and sometimes not. But there is no evidence that the Hebrews were systematically enslaved.
Now Stonehenge, definitely aliens!
They can explain, but not prove it, lol!

Yes, I agree, I don't think aliens r evil, so they wouldn't enslave a fly, u know!

Yh, that's where they landed the spaceship!

Location hidden

#158791 Mar 6, 2013
Billy Bob Gramm wrote:
<quoted text>
Just women for me.
Just men for me, atm, who knows the future. eh? ;-)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#158792 Mar 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
What do u play? snakes and ladders?
"Hide the snake"......
Billy Bob Gramm

United States

#158793 Mar 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>U can, but not massive rocks like that! They too big and too smooth!

You ever see what Fred Flintstone does for a living?

Since: Sep 08

Lamar, CO

#158794 Mar 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But a man and woman might not be able to have babies either! R u honestly telling me the main point of getting married is to have babies? That don't make sense!
Has been for a long time. Not to have the babies, but to establish inheritances and family lineages.

Such is very important for genetic research, also.

Just wait until you see the recordkeeping problems that will show up when Bruce and Brian get married. Especially if children get into the picture.

I can see some poor kid 30 years from now filling out a form 396 for a security clearance whose mommy and daddy were Bruce and Bruce.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#158795 Mar 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
U can, but not massive rocks like that! They too big and too smooth!
You forget about big crazy horse , injun injun no. 9 and him brother ...he who no squauk at bird flying. Plus firewater, anything is possible now.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158796 Mar 6, 2013
wilderide wrote:
They act "manly" or "feminine" according to what perspective? If your rump turns red when you are fertile, is that an inherently masculine or feminine trait? If you are a primate? Or an insect?
According to general human physiology and psychology.

"Rump turns red when fertile" ?? Me no understand.

Tarzan explain.
There are generally clear-cut differences between human males and females in, say, modern-day Riverside. But what is considered masculine and feminine varies across cultures and time.
Well, true. But I'm not talking about modern day Riverside, I'm talking about modern day.

What's your real purpose of this topic? Are you a limp-wrist gay?(Or whatever you call it, feminine gay, maybe)

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158797 Mar 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Do u think aliens built the pyramids?
It doesn't make sense. How the hell did they built those things without any technology? There's only 1 other logical explanation, aliens!!
They had technology, what are you talking about?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158798 Mar 6, 2013
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text> It's a very comprehensive dictionary, and utilizes many other dictionaries in its definitions.
<quoted text>Do you have a link to that "dictionary"?
I could take a picture of the book....

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#158799 Mar 6, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree! Some people just do it for the fun of it, those people have got too much lust in them!
Being gay or straight has become like a choice today. One day i can be gay the next day i can be straight and then the third day i'm gonna be both!
It's so weird how everything today has become a disorder. u can't sleep u got sleeping disorder, u eat to much u got eating disorder, u want to f*ck a man and a woman, u'r normal!! LMAO!!
Yup

You hit the mail on the head, Clementia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheist inmate wins right to practice his faith... (Aug '15) 8 min u196533dm 174
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr Regolith Based Li... 80,087
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 14 hr Eagle 12 - 32,607
what science will NEVER be able to prove 21 hr Eagle 12 - 10
How To Get To Heaven When You Die (Jan '17) 21 hr Eagle 12 - 106
News People's forum - Get off the fence of religious... (May '10) 21 hr Eagle 12 - 69
News Atheist billboards to mock Romney, Obama faith (Aug '12) Sep 15 superwilly 47
More from around the web