Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,623)

Showing posts 152,441 - 152,460 of217,305
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
People have been know to put a bullet in their head too. High order thought? Fight or flight is a good bedtime story. There is also another choice. Not everybody cares about life, Dave. It is what it is until it isn't. Not a big deal.
You are wandering off track, there.

I still have guns I bought from the widow of a guy that left his brains all over his office walls that she had to clean up. That was because he couldn't see any escape from the debts and life he had created in his head. But he had the will to do it.

It is not all fight or flight. This exercise of will is done all the time. Conquering the body as in heavy exercise to political ambition.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Dizzy wrote:
I'm not sure why everyone care so much about religion... Who cares what someone else believes in? So atheist don't believe in deity's it's not that big of a deal! And so Christians and other religions have God(s)... People care to much. If everyone would stop judging others for what they do/believe the world would be a much nicer place... If you believe that's fine! If you don't that's fine too!!

And we could easily agree with that if religion didn't try to dictate science in public schools or create laws based on biblical falsehoods.

Believe what you want. But many of us are tired of religion interfering in our daily lives.

It's only with the advent of the internet that the atheist voice is starting to be heard. Before that, we were pretty much muzzled by religious hatred. I still can't talk to most of my family about my atheism without creating major rifts.

I love them for who they are, religion and all, but I can practically guarantee that if I spoke my thoughts on religion, I would be irrevocably cast out.

Why is that?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
To demonstrate how sharp the Topix atheist mind is.
I have posted my NDE at least 3 or 4 times over the last couple of years. Wasn't exactly one that you could call a religiously inspired one. Not that such stopped Topix atheists from ranting about how I'm such a godbot and fundamentalist,yada, yada, yada.
Not a one of them took note of the fact I didn't cry out to a higher power to come get me.
Topix atheists have mental issues with obsession. paranoia, and projection.
You live with people. You die alone.

It's a personal experience Dave.

I was hit by a large metal object too, Dave. I lost my leg and neither of us died. When we do, look me up. I'll be the Asian girl with one leg.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wandering off track, there.
I still have guns I bought from the widow of a guy that left his brains all over his office walls that she had to clean up. That was because he couldn't see any escape from the debts and life he had created in his head. But he had the will to do it.
It is not all fight or flight. This exercise of will is done all the time. Conquering the body as in heavy exercise to political ambition.
It only matters if you care. Do you care?

If you do, stop talking about your NDE or OBE and start getting on with your life.

Or not.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And we could easily agree with that if religion didn't try to dictate science in public schools or create laws based on biblical falsehoods.
Believe what you want. But many of us are tired of religion interfering in our daily lives.
It's only with the advent of the internet that the atheist voice is starting to be heard. Before that, we were pretty much muzzled by religious hatred. I still can't talk to most of my family about my atheism without creating major rifts.
I love them for who they are, religion and all, but I can practically guarantee that if I spoke my thoughts on religion, I would be irrevocably cast out.
Why is that?
Easy as 1-2-3

1. Keep your religion out of our lives..
2. Keep religious dogma out of government.
3. Cease attempting to force your beliefs on others.

You will never never hear about atheism again.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
You live with people. You die alone.
It's a personal experience Dave.
I was hit by a large metal object too, Dave. I lost my leg and neither of us died. When we do, look me up. I'll be the Asian girl with one leg.
A very mature statement you made there in the first sentence. You had good influences in your younger years to shape your high intelligence. You have some bitterness, but it will pass as you mature even more.

You can bet I will be looking you up when that time comes, but I won't be looking for an Asian girl with one leg.

I lost a life, little one, but got another one. More to it than you know.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It only matters if you care. Do you care?
If you do, stop talking about your NDE or OBE and start getting on with your life.
Or not.
I bring it up only as an example of the mind having a link to some place else besides the body. I got over it a long time ago.

You prefer I let these idiots rant on about mind and spirit being strictly a material thing? Why would I do that?

Explain how humans have such an ability to override the material if we are strictly a product of it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

http://www.santafenewmexican.com/Local%20News...

Sounds like something Topix atheists under stress will gravitate to.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I bring it up only as an example of the mind having a link to some place else besides the body. I got over it a long time ago.
You prefer I let these idiots rant on about mind and spirit being strictly a material thing? Why would I do that?
Explain how humans have such an ability to override the material if we are strictly a product of it.
If it makes you happy to rage against them, then I'm good with that. Do you have a significant other? Girlfriend, wife?

I don't mean to pry. I'm here to learn. Feel free to tell me to fuckoff at any time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

"Santa Muerte, Spanish for Saint Death, is a sacred figure and feminine skeletal folk saint venerated primarily in Mexico and the United States. As a figure made holy by popular belief, the saint of death developed through syncretism between Mesoamerican indigenous and Spanish Catholic beliefs and practices. Santa Muerte, the name in Spanish, literally translates to "Saint Death" or "Holy Death".[1] Since the pre-Columbian era Mexican culture has maintained a certain reverence towards death,[2] which can be seen in the widespread commemoration of the syncretic Day of the Dead.[3] Elements of that celebration include the use of skeletons to remind people of their mortality.[4] The worship is condemned by the Catholic Church in Mexico as invalid, but it is firmly entrenched among Mexico's lower working classes and various elements of society deemed as "outcasts"."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Muerte

"Outcasts". Worship of mortality.

Topix atheists.

Incredibly disturbed and motivated to rant and rail against a religion that condemns such a belief, screaming about the "atrocities" committed by that religion when it wasn;t the religion but the people within it. The same people and motivations you have everywhere in any organization. Yet they worship the inherent "goodness" of people. An atheist will rob you blind, lie cheat, steal, and murder the same as anyone else will. They believe in you being slave to other men instead of a deity.

They have some head issues.
Free Mind

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
The mind and body can go separate ways. Dreams, NDEs, hypnosis, and exercising of will need to be explained better to support the belief that mind is all of the physical body.
Those last two are mental disciplines done on an individual basis. Hypnosis and going into trances overrides the body. People have been known to cut their own arms and legs off to survive, as have some animals. This is pretty high order thought for just the mind being a slave of the body.
How can such mental discipline be passed down in genes?
Great question. In dogs, I believe a lot of mental discipline can be passed down. I'll wager there have been plenty of studies to support same in humans.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
If it makes you happy to rage against them, then I'm good with that. Do you have a significant other? Girlfriend, wife?
I don't mean to pry. I'm here to learn. Feel free to tell me to fuckoff at any time.
Still close, but not tightly bound. I posted before about not wanting anyone dependent on me.

I'm on the way out, little one. I face mortality all day and every day. I have no reason to have an expectation of a longer life. The chassis is pretty worn. I'm savvy enough in physical assemblages to know where I am at. I moved to this place to die, not to live.

Jimmy

Northwich, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
"Santa Muerte, Spanish for Saint Death, is a sacred figure and feminine skeletal folk saint venerated primarily in Mexico and the United States. As a figure made holy by popular belief, the saint of death developed through syncretism between Mesoamerican indigenous and Spanish Catholic beliefs and practices. Santa Muerte, the name in Spanish, literally translates to "Saint Death" or "Holy Death".[1] Since the pre-Columbian era Mexican culture has maintained a certain reverence towards death,[2] which can be seen in the widespread commemoration of the syncretic Day of the Dead.[3] Elements of that celebration include the use of skeletons to remind people of their mortality.[4] The worship is condemned by the Catholic Church in Mexico as invalid, but it is firmly entrenched among Mexico's lower working classes and various elements of society deemed as "outcasts"."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Muerte
"Outcasts". Worship of mortality.
Topix atheists.
Incredibly disturbed and motivated to rant and rail against a religion that condemns such a belief, screaming about the "atrocities" committed by that religion when it wasn;t the religion but the people within it. The same people and motivations you have everywhere in any organization. Yet they worship the inherent "goodness" of people. An atheist will rob you blind, lie cheat, steal, and murder the same as anyone else will. They believe in you being slave to other men instead of a deity.
They have some head issues.
you really seem to hate atheists a lot.
Thinking

Hounslow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

"I know something you don't!
I know something you don't!"

The bollocks is strong in your post.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
A very mature statement you made there in the first sentence. You had good influences in your younger years to shape your high intelligence. You have some bitterness, but it will pass as you mature even more.
You can bet I will be looking you up when that time comes, but I won't be looking for an Asian girl with one leg.
I lost a life, little one, but got another one. More to it than you know.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
I have posted my NDE at least 3 or 4 times over the last couple of years. Wasn't exactly one that you could call a religiously inspired one. Not that such stopped Topix atheists from ranting about how I'm such a godbot and fundamentalist,yada, yada, yada.
Not a one of them took note of the fact I didn't cry out to a higher power to come get me.
Good grief, you are the most desperate attention seekerů

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief, you are the most desperate attention seekerů
Was just pointing out the blinders you idiots wear in pursuit of your expressing your mental issues. If someone doesn't read from the same script you were issued, they are godbots, retarded, etc. You are totally blinded to reality.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Aura are wrong. Again.
If you go back and read my comment, you will see that it refers to the theory of evolution "as stated".
I accept evolution, and so do the scientists I referred to. I believe it occurred and continues to occur.
Maybe you need to read it 3 times.
Do you and Aura have some criticism to offer that is not wildly ignorant?
I'll let you in on something - it is not only possible to dissent from portions of a popular theory, while not rejecting it entirely, but it is also healthy.
I do, however, apologize to exposing you and Aura to the painful and alien concept of free thought.
Mea culpa.
Thou art forgiven, my son.

Now run along and play with Dave.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
It's time to stop repeating the same stale story.

Think up a new one for us.

One with magnets and EM and stuff.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou art forgiven, my son.
Now run along and play with Dave.
Thoust hath awoken in a surly moodeth?

Hemorrhoids interfering with your love life?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 152,441 - 152,460 of217,305
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••