Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258038 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#158555 Mar 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
To demonstrate how sharp the Topix atheist mind is.
I have posted my NDE at least 3 or 4 times over the last couple of years. Wasn't exactly one that you could call a religiously inspired one. Not that such stopped Topix atheists from ranting about how I'm such a godbot and fundamentalist,yada, yada, yada.
Not a one of them took note of the fact I didn't cry out to a higher power to come get me.
Topix atheists have mental issues with obsession. paranoia, and projection.
Good grief, you are the most desperate attention seeker…

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#158557 Mar 5, 2013
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief, you are the most desperate attention seeker…
Was just pointing out the blinders you idiots wear in pursuit of your expressing your mental issues. If someone doesn't read from the same script you were issued, they are godbots, retarded, etc. You are totally blinded to reality.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158558 Mar 5, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
You and Aura are wrong. Again.
If you go back and read my comment, you will see that it refers to the theory of evolution "as stated".
I accept evolution, and so do the scientists I referred to. I believe it occurred and continues to occur.
Maybe you need to read it 3 times.
Do you and Aura have some criticism to offer that is not wildly ignorant?
I'll let you in on something - it is not only possible to dissent from portions of a popular theory, while not rejecting it entirely, but it is also healthy.
I do, however, apologize to exposing you and Aura to the painful and alien concept of free thought.
Mea culpa.
Thou art forgiven, my son.

Now run along and play with Dave.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#158559 Mar 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
I have posted my NDE at least 3 or 4 times over the last couple of years. Wasn't exactly one that you could call a religiously inspired one. Not that such stopped Topix atheists from ranting about how I'm such a godbot and fundamentalist,yada, yada, yada.
Not a one of them took note of the fact I didn't cry out to a higher power to come get me.
It's time to stop repeating the same stale story.

Think up a new one for us.

One with magnets and EM and stuff.

Westcliffe, CO

#158560 Mar 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thou art forgiven, my son.
Now run along and play with Dave.
Thoust hath awoken in a surly moodeth?

Hemorrhoids interfering with your love life?

Westcliffe, CO

#158561 Mar 5, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's time to stop repeating the same stale story.
Think up a new one for us.
One with magnets and EM and stuff.

No magnets or EM. The Topix atheist is the guy in the plaid shirt.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#158562 Mar 5, 2013
The sad thing is you can tell he really thinks he's being so clever and revolutionary with his pie in the sky talk.

If only he didn't have such a hatred of learning from books?
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mind and body separated years ago but never rejoined.

Scottsburg, IN

#158563 Mar 5, 2013
It's not religious it's just really silly and not even an NDE. You were knocked out Dave not near death.

But them again you abhor people reading books as you admitted and instead say people should learn from hurting themselves as you have.
Dave Nelson wrote:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#158564 Mar 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
The sad thing is you can tell he really thinks he's being so clever and revolutionary with his pie in the sky talk.
<quoted text>
I believe that most theists have an allergy to facts. That's my hypothesis, now I can't prove it yet, but I'm close to accumulating enough evidence to submit for peer review at this point.

Westcliffe, CO

#158565 Mar 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>
That reflects your weakness of youth and immaturity.

You don't learn from books, you becomes acquainted with things. Then you learn by thinking and applying. That is how you gain knowledge. Otherwise you are an encyclopedia of useless knowledge.

You may understand if you grow up.

Westcliffe, CO

#158566 Mar 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
It's not religious it's just really silly and not even an NDE. You were knocked out Dave not near death.
But them again you abhor people reading books as you admitted and instead say people should learn from hurting themselves as you have.
<quoted text>
You have this propensity of expressing knowledge of things as an expert without the necessity of being there or having experience in such matters.

Such personalities are called bullshitters. In your case we can call it puppypooping.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#158567 Mar 5, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't learn from books, you becomes acquainted with things. Then you learn by thinking and applying. That is how you gain knowledge. Otherwise you are an encyclopedia of useless knowledge.
Wow, you are not only off-base, but dead wrong. If you don't know what you're doing, would you think it wise to put hydrochloric acid in a tablespoon?

Scottsburg, IN

#158568 Mar 5, 2013
Yes we learn from books oh senile one. Your way if learning which as you admitted comes from hurting yourself is insane. A child touches a hot stove and gets burned.

The lesson is don't do that again! Would you suggest teaching children by your is
Des of no books and using injuring them instead?

Dave you have lost it.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#158569 Mar 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that most theists have an allergy to facts. That's my hypothesis, now I can't prove it yet, but I'm close to accumulating enough evidence to submit for peer review at this point.
I agree sort of...

TopixBibleThumpers™ are indeed allergic to facts and severely challenged by reality.

JesusRoaches™ on the other hand are too delusional and obtuse to consider.

Most theists keep it to themselves like good little sheep should!
It gives them something to do on weekends.

Friday for Muslims
Saturdays for Judaism
Sundays for Xtians

Lamar, CO

#158570 Mar 5, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you are not only off-base, but dead wrong. If you don't know what you're doing, would you think it wise to put hydrochloric acid in a tablespoon?
?

Have you taken your medication yet?

Hydrochloric acid and tablespoons as some sort of example in support of your argument. Yeah, that was real good.

Will reading a book experience you with how it is to be burned?

Lamar, CO

#158571 Mar 5, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Yes we learn from books oh senile one. Your way if learning which as you admitted comes from hurting yourself is insane. A child touches a hot stove and gets burned.
The lesson is don't do that again! Would you suggest teaching children by your is
Des of no books and using injuring them instead?
Dave you have lost it.
<quoted text>
Again, you reveal your lack of understanding of what you "know", or ability to think.

Try reading that post again a few times. And read my previous response to KK.

"
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You may understand if you grow up."
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#158572 Mar 5, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
you really seem to hate atheists a lot.
David religiously follows his Gods instructions. ;)

"If any man come to me, and HATE not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple".--Luke 14:26

I find this verse appropriate.

"And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen".--Exodus 33:23

Lamar, CO

#158573 Mar 5, 2013
Heh heh.

I do have to say that Topix atheists are humorous. Not bright, but humorous.

They get on here and expect everyone, including moi, to believe their book learning, whose books they believe were written by human gods, trumps the personal experiences of those they are trying to convert.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#158574 Mar 5, 2013
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
you really seem to hate atheists a lot.
We know how stupid he is and aren't afraid to tell him.

It spoils his fantasy.

Lamar, CO

#158575 Mar 5, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
We know how stupid he is and aren't afraid to tell him.
It spoils his fantasy.
You mean this is Fantasy Island for atheists only?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 1 hr scientia potentia... 48,358
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 15 hr Eagle 12 21,858
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 22 hr Mikko 4,905
Why you need to make sure you are saved before ... Wed Eagle 12 13
Jesus Christ and Wisdom, Knowledge, Understandi... Tue Richardfs 5
News Delta Schools Will Get Satanic Coloring Books o... (Apr '16) Nov 29 Amused 7
News Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns (Sep '14) Nov 28 hpcaban 441
More from around the web