Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
151,761 - 151,780 of 226,341 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#157876 Mar 2, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>Mexico is nice today also.

Sunscreen day.
The sun is out and we have 20 degrees
Very nice out.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#157877 Mar 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Mine wasn't in a hospital. No drugs, either.

But it is as personal an experience as you can get. All by yourself.

Yours will be different.
Dave

Tell me about yours.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#157878 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I suppose that would be rough for the first billion or so years.
There no hours, days, or years to count off.

No "thinking", either. Just emotion.

You are just there.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157879 Mar 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think I was addressing you in that one.
I think I was addressing RR.
You were undressing me?!?

Dude!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#157880 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
" I DO NOT KNOW THERE IS A GOD!"
Kind of sad.
I know the God that I believe in is real!

We all have different theories of God, u see! Atheists on here only know about the theory of the Abrahamic God, i was talking about that one!

Location hidden

#157881 Mar 2, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times do you have to be told:-
1. Evolution is a FACT.
2. The Theory of Evolution (how it works) is still been worked on.
But you will come back and say the same thing again and again and again and ...... again.
I know molluscs who are smarter than you.
1. Organisms evolve & change is a FACT.
2. The theory of evolution (maybe how it works) is still being worked on. So stop preaching it like its fact.

Location hidden

#157882 Mar 2, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them smeghead.
All of them? All?!

You butted in our of context.

You're saying that all fossils explain why a squirrel used to not have a skin flap on its leg but now does.

Where do you want to start to prove that?

You first.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#157883 Mar 2, 2013
havent forgotten wrote:
Buck is a bore, and I do not understand why smart people do not ignore him and have intelligent discussions with each other instead.
Yes. We see eye to eye on this.

“Kalamazoo, MI ”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#157884 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You were undressing me?!?
Dude!!!
Wow! I was too!

“Kalamazoo, MI ”

Location hidden

#157885 Mar 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I know the God that I believe in is real!
We all have different theories of God, u see! Atheists on here only know about the theory of the Abrahamic God, i was talking about that one!
You tell'em! You know a theory when you hear it. You don't need anyone telling you what is a theory and what isn't.

“Kalamazoo, MI ”

Location hidden

#157886 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
All of them? All?!
You butted in our of context.
You're saying that all fossils explain why a squirrel used to not have a skin flap on its leg but now does.
Where do you want to start to prove that?
You first.
Yeah! If you don't witness it, it never happened; it doesn't exist.

Now tell them about God!

Location hidden

#157887 Mar 2, 2013
atheists dont have a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow! I was too!
Damn it!

That was my only good pair of underwear!

Location hidden

#157888 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
You tell'em! You know a theory when you hear it. You don't need anyone telling you what is a theory and what isn't.
Ummm...I don't believe we've 'met'!

I'm Clementia and I love strawberry milkshake! Who r u and what's your favourite flavour?

“Kalamazoo, MI ”

Location hidden

#157889 Mar 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm...I don't believe we've 'met'!
I'm Clementia and I love strawberry milkshake! Who r u and what's your favourite flavour?
I'm Judy and my favorite is strawberry too! ;)

Location hidden

#157890 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave
Tell me about yours.
Got hit by a truck. Multiple head trauma, but didn't pass out until shortly after, hanging by seat belt upside down in van. Realized something serious just occurred. Lot of pain. Had to get up to see what happened and that is when I went through a black tunnel and emerged looking to the back of the van. At first it was a bit hazy like a lot of dust had been raised, or a heat shimmer, but settled down after a few seconds. Went wandering around the back of the van surveying damages when I noticed a green smoky trail coming over the cargo divider I just went through, following it with my eyes and seeing it turn into me. Was like I just got bit by a snake. I wrestled with it for several seconds and collapsed exhausted. Realizing I was dead. It was all over because of a stupid traffic accident. Not a thought about my body, or regrets other than the way I died, or any of that sort of thing. It was strictly the here and now, and I just got kicked out of this movie. I had the power to insert myself in others around me, but none had roles I wanted to get involved in, except for a bonded couple. I still don;t know if it was something I just couldn't do consciencewise, or it was the only bright light in the whole experience saying no. I was then totally resigned and started to move off to wherever I was going. I then woke up someplace else. Where I did not want to be. There were changes of consciousness during that phase. You could liken them to shutdowns of the different brain levels. I became very, very basic. With emotional aspects through the whole event. A curious mix of sadness and cold blooded existence. That may be because of the transition going on. After the wakeup, there was a fuzzy period in my memory, but I emerged and was still in the van and moving to a side window, where I looked out where I was going next. There was a used trail heading off to a stream in an arid landscape I was going to step onto, with some large flying creatures above that were going to give me a hassle, which I was not looking forward to. I really didn't want to go. Be advised that conflict would have been similar to Godzilla and two Rodans. I sensed I was a pretty powerful beast, but I was going to stay there until I was kicked out. I felt that power since the initial wakeup. Yet my core self was more like a snake. I was curled up ready to spring out that window as whatever I was going to be when something alerted me that I was still viable. I then dove through a steel divider, and several seconds later heard a ragged breath. Mine. This was about 15 minutes or so after the accident. They had to cut the doors open.

There were stranger aspects of the event, both before and after.

The only spiritual belief I had, you may say, was just a few years earlier I had this strange notion I would survive an atomic bomb blast over the top of my head. I had no religion, just that feeling appearing one day. That and other things I have seen and read about led me to that booking your next destination if you can. I had no place to go. There may be something to creating where you go next while here.

Understand I was just knocked out of my body and 1000% sure I was dead after realizing where "I" was, and there was not one single infinitestimal second or thought that "I" was going to go to sleep forever. Not one single bit. In fact, that waking up made me want to go back to sleep to escape it. The wakeup was like an old bear or dragon being disturbed in hibernation. I woke up grumpy, looked outside, and knew there was something that could kick my ass royal looking for me. An organized force though, not a creature.

This is a dream. A pleasure cruise. A playground.

It was a most impressive hallucination. But as I mentioned, there were other events leading up to it and afterwards that were very strange.

Location hidden

#157891 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave
Tell me about yours.
Got hit by a truck. Multiple head trauma, but didn't pass out until shortly after, hanging by seat belt upside down in van. Realized something serious just occurred. Lot of pain. Had to get up to see what happened and that is when I went through a black tunnel and emerged looking to the back of the van. At first it was a bit hazy like a lot of dust had been raised, or a heat shimmer, but settled down after a few seconds. Went wandering around the back of the van surveying damages when I noticed a green smoky trail coming over the cargo divider I just went through, following it with my eyes and seeing it turn into me. Was like I just got bit by a snake. I wrestled with it for several seconds and collapsed exhausted. Realizing I was dead. It was all over because of a stupid traffic accident. Not a thought about my body, or regrets other than the way I died, or any of that sort of thing. It was strictly the here and now, and I just got kicked out of this movie. I had the power to insert myself in others around me, but none had roles I wanted to get involved in, except for a bonded couple. I still don;t know if it was something I just couldn't do consciencewise, or it was the only bright light in the whole experience saying no. I was then totally resigned and started to move off to wherever I was going. I then woke up someplace else. Where I did not want to be. There were changes of consciousness during that phase. You could liken them to shutdowns of the different brain levels. I became very, very basic. With emotional aspects through the whole event. A curious mix of sadness and cold blooded existence. That may be because of the transition going on. After the wakeup, there was a fuzzy period in my memory, but I emerged and was still in the van and moving to a side window, where I looked out where I was going next. There was a used trail heading off to a stream in an arid landscape I was going to step onto, with some large flying creatures above that were going to give me a hassle, which I was not looking forward to. I really didn't want to go. Be advised that conflict would have been similar to Godzilla and two Rodans. I sensed I was a pretty powerful beast, but I was going to stay there until I was kicked out. I felt that power since the initial wakeup. Yet my core self was more like a snake. I was curled up ready to spring out that window as whatever I was going to be when something alerted me that I was still viable. I then dove through a steel divider, and several seconds later heard a ragged breath. Mine. This was about 15 minutes or so after the accident. They had to cut the doors open.

There were stranger aspects of the event, both before and after.

The only spiritual belief I had, you may say, was just a few years earlier I had this strange notion I would survive an atomic bomb blast over the top of my head. I had no religion, just that feeling appearing one day. That and other things I have seen and read about led me to that booking your next destination if you can. I had no place to go. There may be something to creating where you go next while here.

Understand I was just knocked out of my body and 1000% sure I was dead after realizing where "I" was, and there was not one single infinitestimal second or thought that "I" was going to go to sleep forever. Not one single bit. In fact, that waking up made me want to go back to sleep to escape it. The wakeup was like an old bear or dragon being disturbed in hibernation. I woke up grumpy, looked outside, and knew there was something that could kick my ass royal looking for me. An organized force though, not a creature.

This is a dream. A pleasure cruise. A playground.

It was a most impressive hallucination. But as I mentioned, there were other events leading up to it and afterwards that were very strange. It was spread over conscious time.
Imhotep

Bartow, FL

#157892 Mar 2, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Dave and Buck's pillow talk :)
<quoted text>
I find them oddly entertaining.

It's like advanced kindergarten for adults with severe mental illness. These are the fodder the televangelists drool over.

"Believe nothing,
No matter where you read it,
Or who has said it,
Not even if I have said it,
Unless it agrees with your own reason
And your own common sense."
~Buddha

Location hidden

#157893 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm Judy and my favorite is strawberry too! ;)
U'r a woman? I'm outta here! lol, just joking!

Yeay! i got a strawberry milkshake buddy!! Say Oooowa Oooowa!!!
Imhotep

Bartow, FL

#157894 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
" I DO NOT KNOW THERE IS A GOD!"
Kind of sad.
Sad? Why? Because the world is now 'Popeless'.

Ratzinger has been put out to stud.

A new pseudo God Pope is under construction by the Vatican unintelligent design imagineers.

Look for stunning new shoes from Gucci.

Since: Sep 10

Mexico

#157895 Mar 2, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard Northern Mexico (California) is also nice.
Si, si, luego me vuelvo a la bella California con mis paisanos.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 14 min Patrick 13
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Patrick 21,502
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr CunningLinguist 422
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 5 hr Jaimie 46
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 8 hr Patrick 27
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 8 hr Patrick 172
100% Faith Free 12 hr Thinking 11
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••