Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,583)

Showing posts 151,641 - 151,660 of216,878
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A fossil is not evidence of an organism existing?
Yes, but not evolving.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, wait, you say you know about biology and yet you make the fatal error by asserting that the theory of evolution makes any claim on where life came from? You're starting to sound rather dishonest now.
Now you are saying that computers are somehow capable of choosing their own actions ... actually all machines, chemicals, and medicine? Weapons were around a lot longer than science was, science is actually a new method of studying and analyzing reality, that's it. Technology is everything from shovels to the wheel, vaccines to video cameras, the world wide internet to your telephone, and yes, even weapons like the spear used to hunt for food are technology. Even the spears apes and some birds use to forage for grubs, those are weapons. There are a lot of natural weapons as well, like elongated teeth, claws, spines, even poisons, some of which are not actually traits the animals are born with, they learn how to make them sometimes, taught by their parents. Have you ever seen a pack of wolves hunt? How about a pride of lions? Vicious beasts, and the felines are considered the perfect hunters on land, literally the top of the food chain, just below bacteria. But thanks to technology, every species of ape is still more capable of surviving, even our species.
Evolution is not the problem, intelligent students like me know it is just a theory and it has nothing to do with proving a creator. I'm talking about stupid scientists who think they know-it-all!

But science has helped make better technology to kill people with, u can't deny that!

I'm not saying that, it's u who thinks religious books have a mind of their own and go around killing people.

Humans r evil, they r the one's that use religion and science for their own benefit. I keep saying it all the time. religion and science r not evil, people r!

Science is not the problem, i'm saying STUPID scientists are! Religion is not the problem STUPID religious people are!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you've tested "other things" people have told you??
You've tested how organisms evolve?
You've tested light speed?
You've tested rocks & minerals?
You've tested evolution, the THEORY?
Hmmm....
Was your testing peer reviewed & accepted?
LMAO!
Can't test how they evolve, but I have analyzed the information that they used to discover that things evolve, yes.

Light speed is easy to test, there's still a mirror on the moon and even a laptop is capable of the timing calculations now.

What about "rocks and minerals?"

The theory is an explanation of the facts and how all the evidence fits into place, it's like gluing pieces of a broken glass together to find out it's a drinking glass or a mug. The pieces are already there, they already fit into a specific pattern, you just have to put them in the right place with something that actually hold them in place. That's what a scientific theory is. The theory of evolution explains how diversification happened and why most of the species are extinct, for example, but connecting the traits into a pattern that's clearly visible in the fossil record. I have not come across any evidence that does not fit this theory.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but not evolving.
Alright, then how is it that a squirrel without skin flaps between the legs existed, then later there was one that did have skin flaps?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
See, even u did it! This is what i'm talking about, looking down on others! first religious people did it and now silly scientists r doing it!
Silly scientists never admit that they do not know! NEVER! They r stuck with their way or no way!
Show me one scientist who has ever said they know everything. Just one.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
A fossil is not evidence of an organism existing?
Why are you asking me that? I'm not a believer in just poofing things. Everything has to be assembled in some way.

Your very existence is not evidence of your being created?

Put things in perspective.

Now, some evidence for some of the thoughts I have presented,and the logic. It helps if you have experience in logic circuits and electricity to really grasp it, but what it boils down to is the inherent polar nature of this universe.

Pick up a piece of iron weighing more than your refrigerator magnet. That binding force is stronger than gravity. Considerably. It is bipolar in nature, but that bipolarity goes down to the atomic level, and there is no monolithic flow of that force between material objects. Periodicity gets in the way.

Hang a piece of iron from a string. Approach with that magnet and see how far away it starts attracting it. Also, be advised that for tha piece of iron to even move, it has to overcome gravity. The arc of the string. Now, start stacking up mass, dirt, bricks, whatever you want of a non-magnetic material that same distance the magnet attracted the iron from, and see when it starts to attract. Pack quite a few lunches. It will take you a long while. That binding force of magnetism again.

Hang a rock or piece of copper from a string. Approach with the magnet. Nothing happens. Wave the magnet back and forth enough and it will start affecting the rock or copper. Magnetic field inducing electric charge that then produces a magnetic charge to react to that applied magnetic field. You have a static field applied, motion that creates another field, and that field then reacts to the static field.

Long distance effects via that magnetic force, which can be transmitted as a field, such as that magnet, or as light, which is a packet of it in motion. That last is how common electricity works, too.

What holds a plant together and allows it to overcome gravity? The EM, or "magnetic force", which I am calling that polar flow.

In material objects you have to stress its construction to produce that magnetic field. You are disturbing it equilibrium that it then tries to maintain. Now that material object is assembled by that same magnetic force, so no surprise there. But this is why those fields or flows start and stop within one piece of matter. Magnetism or electricity.

That is the stuff that assembled the universe and how you can even perceive of it.

Gravity is easy to explain if you understand that that assembling is electrical in nature. It is the return path from where that energy was stressed and originated to create the universe. That is carried through space. You material stuff is charged, thus follows direction. Space is a medium that absorbs those charges and displacement of itself, which then turns into motion between those material objects. The gravitational force. BTW, the so called gravitational constant varies. What they measure it with varies by a percentage or two year to year. It isn't so steady as you heard. But it will fluctuate as the energy of matter returns to space and motion. The reading depends on where you are measuring it from.

Something stressed whatever turned into matter and energy as we know it. It resulted in a seemingly coherent and intelligent, from our viewpoint, universe, and us.

Like that seed thing I have been hitting Aura with, the matrix was within that Big Bang "singularity". It just expanded as designed and did its thing. And here we are.

Unless we are the end points of fancy projectors. That can give you fossils, too.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Science isn't afraid to say that, Clementia.
Topix atheists are.
No, ALL STUPID atheists/religious people think they know-it-all!!

We had this scientist give a lecture at my uni and i'm just so pissed off, don't fuel the fire! i'm warning u! I've had it up to here with stupid atheists/religious retards!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I like how they are attracted to Earth @ 9.8 m/s^2 when they loose grip on reality.
Maybe it is our magnetic personalities.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't test how they evolve, but I have analyzed the information that they used to discover that things evolve, yes.
Light speed is easy to test, there's still a mirror on the moon and even a laptop is capable of the timing calculations now.
What about "rocks and minerals?"
The theory is an explanation of the facts and how all the evidence fits into place, it's like gluing pieces of a broken glass together to find out it's a drinking glass or a mug. The pieces are already there, they already fit into a specific pattern, you just have to put them in the right place with something that actually hold them in place. That's what a scientific theory is. The theory of evolution explains how diversification happened and why most of the species are extinct, for example, but connecting the traits into a pattern that's clearly visible in the fossil record. I have not come across any evidence that does not fit this theory.
No, no, no....

Have YOU -**---- YOU ----** tested them?

Or are you just going off of what other people tell you?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
Alright, then how is it that a squirrel without skin flaps between the legs existed, then later there was one that did have skin flaps?
Where's the evidence for this?

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, ALL STUPID atheists/religious people think they know-it-all!!
We had this scientist give a lecture at my uni and i'm just so pissed off, don't fuel the fire! i'm warning u! I've had it up to here with stupid atheists/religious retards!
Calm down, calm down.

Lemme get you a drink, then you can tell me all about it.

What was the lecture on?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>No it is space expanding. Virtual real estate of
pure space inserted between stuff. Compliments of General Relativity , now tip the waitress and go home . The parties over, the curtains closed don't go away mad....just go away!
So rocks falling out of the sky is space expanding? Really?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no....
Have YOU -**---- YOU ----** tested them?
Or are you just going off of what other people tell you?
I answered that question. Please read the answer and move on.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Where's the evidence for this?
Fossils.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Imhotep wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it is!

I would say religion = organized superstition.
"I would say religion = organized superstition "

There is a general consensus that:

A person who believes in a specific God is a Theist.

A person who actively denies the existence of God is an Atheist.

A person who feels that we have no method by which we can conclude whether a deity exists is an Agnostic.

“The word cult in current popular usage usually refers to a new religious movement or other group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre.[1] The word originally denoted a system of ritual practices. The word was first used in the early 17th century denoting homage paid to a divinity and derived from the French culte or Latin cultus,‘worship’, from cult-,‘inhabited, cultivated, worshipped,’ from the verb colere,'care, cultivation'.”~ Wikipedia

“Dogma is the official system of belief or doctrine held by a religion, or a particular group or organization”~ Wikipedia.

Organizations of atheists ritually denounce the existence of God. They have become an organization, dedicated to the activity of removing all relic’s of Theism from public places. Their dogma is based entirely on their notion or belief that God does not exist. These organizations work tirelessly towards this effort.

It is no longer possible for an individual to simply state they are an atheist, by reason of personal belief, and not be affiliated, by membership or indirect alignment with these organizations.

These organizations have an official system of belief and their doctrine is to end the belief of theism on this planet.

They are exclusive, ritualistic, and have a belief system which generates activity within and beyond the boundaries of the organization. They are a Cult.

http://www.ted.com/conversations/13943/is_ath...

February 4, 2011

Church, without God

“Stan Bradley likes Bible stories, admires Martin Luther and uses expressions such as 'heavens, no.'

The Lithopolis man is president of a local congregation and rarely misses a Sunday service. Occasionally, he goes to his wife's church instead.

For these and other reasons, Bradley considers himself religious.”

He is also an atheist.

continued:

“Like Bradley, some atheists participate in organized religion for its social and psychological benefits.”

continued:

“Churches are great places to find friends, support and youth education, so nonbelievers and believers alike join congregations to fill those needs, he said.

He has spoken to elderly and sick people who can no longer go to church and they say they most miss the feeling of community.

Recent research from Harvard University and the University of Wisconsin backs him up. It found that religious people tend to be happier than nonreligious people, not because of belief but because of the friendships found at church.”

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/faith...

The Atheist's Bible: An Illustrious Collection of Irreverent Thoughts [Hardcover]
Joan Konner (Author)
3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (29 customer reviews)

List Price:$16.99
Price:$11.55 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details
Deal Price:
You Save:$5.44 (32%)

Only 4 left in stock (more on the way).

http://www.amazon.com/The-Atheists-Bible-Illu...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>No it is space expanding. Virtual real estate of
pure space inserted between stuff. Compliments of General Relativity , now tip the waitress and go home . The parties over, the curtains closed don't go away mad....just go away!
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So rocks falling out of the sky is space expanding? Really?
The charges of matter will repel them, "expanding space". Not illogical for a seed sprouting.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I answered that question. Please read the answer and move on.
You could've just wrote "No, I haven't done any tests."

That would've been easier.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
Fossils.
What fossils?

Care to be specific?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me one scientist who has ever said they know everything. Just one.
I told u! Richard dawkins thinks evolution created organisms and that he 100% knows that the universe has no intelligent design. He said he is willing to have an intellectual discussion about a scientific God, but he will not accept the possibility! WHY NOT? How can a scientist say he is not even gonna think of an alternative theory and just stick to one coz he don't want to talk about a God coz he don't care!

James Watson has said so much sh*t without evidence. He said black people r thick cos of genes and he said stupid is a DISEASE of the genes!

I will not support scientists who talk sh*t!!! They r giving a bad name to science! science is about coming up with an hypothesis and testing it and taking into consideration ALL the evidence! Half of science today is people's views/theories stated as facts and it's ridiculous that if anyone speaks out against it, they are called nuts and said to be against science!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
Humans are thought to have started agriculture 12,000 years ago. Modern humans are thought to have started about 50,000 years ago.

Lets's start with agriculture. This allowed them to stay in one place and learn how to exploit the land and resources.

Our modern culture and technology is really only about 300 years advanced beyond the Iron Age.

Same humans, same brain, same intellectual thinking capacity, lots and lots of experience in civilization building and social construction. Yet this didn't explode until a period of 300 years out of 12,000. That is 1/40th of human civilization.

There were some pretty impressive civilizations in ancient times, lasting even longer than our present one. Yet their science and technology didn't explode like ours. They surely weren't dumb. We still read some of their books and wisdom.

What was the factor to cause the sudden explosion of knowledge in our present civilization different from that past, and where did that explosion begin?
I'll admit it was me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,641 - 151,660 of216,878
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••