Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,583)

Showing posts 151,641 - 151,660 of223,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I told u! Richard dawkins thinks evolution created organisms and that he 100% knows that the universe has no intelligent design. He said he is willing to have an intellectual discussion about a scientific God, but he will not accept the possibility! WHY NOT? How can a scientist say he is not even gonna think of an alternative theory and just stick to one coz he don't want to talk about a God coz he don't care!
James Watson has said so much sh*t without evidence. He said black people r thick cos of genes and he said stupid is a DISEASE of the genes!
I will not support scientists who talk sh*t!!! They r giving a bad name to science! science is about coming up with an hypothesis and testing it and taking into consideration ALL the evidence! Half of science today is people's views/theories stated as facts and it's ridiculous that if anyone speaks out against it, they are called nuts and said to be against science!
First, he never said organisms were "created" at all, and he certainly didn't state that evolution answers the beginning of life. Also he has not actually said that there is no god, just that the christian god cannot exist, and I concur with him on that. I don't much like some of his personality traits, but you must be honest when speaking about someone anyone can watch and read on.

You mean this James Watson? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Watson

You will have to be more specific, as in actual references where he said those things, because the way you post it makes you look dishonest. This, combined with your complete misrepresentation of Dawkins, actually makes your entire argument questionable.

Now, you have a bit to learn about scientific theories, they are not some wild guess answer, they are not just "this is how I see it" assertions, they are not assertions at all, actually. They are, in fact, an explanation of how pieces of information fit together. A theory is only accepted after a lot of testing, verification, and evidence is collected. So no, there is no alternate theory to the theory of evolution just as there is no alternate theory to relativity or chemical theory.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Second, isn't it funny that we are compelled to correct clueless hacks who don't have a clue about the merest detail on which they write?"
Yes it is! Why do we bother?
You bother because you are attempting to convince yourself that your belief is actually reality in spite of having no solid evidence to support or even suggest it.

I bother because it's good brain exercise and actually allows me to show off the cool things I have been learning. Not to mention, it's fun knowing that I know more about the universe than you do.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Why mad scientists are dangerous.

You can try this at home.

Take your computer. It is designed to channel energy in particular ways to achieve a desired function. All of those circuits and materials were arranged deliberately.

Now, get an adapter and plug it into 240v.

The reason it doesn't work anymore is because those materials couldn't handle the extra energy. Molecules and thingies got rearranged and it don't work no more.

Now, let's take Momma Earth. For a long tim eth eold girl has been sitting here catching all of this energy from the universe, and channeling it through her lovely self. It is what made her so beautiful. But not by her own design. That energy pushed and pulled and arranged things to suit itself. It followed the path of least resistance, and if that didn't work, it kicked the shit out of what was in the way made what it could fall in line. This provided a path for later energy to follow. Unless that later energy was in a surge higher, in which it follows th epath of least resistance and then kicks the shit out of what's in the way and makes what it can follow the line. This happens on aperiodic basis.

The poles are antennas and conduits for most of this energy on a day to day basis. Sailing in the solar wind and catching the breeze.

Whether this lovely lady was created by design, or just happened to grow that way, this is how she was shaped, and ultimately us.

We live in the conductors formed. You start playing around too much and you can attract more energy than you want. You may not be able to press a reset button.

Simple example of the process. Throw various materials, conductive or not, between two electrodes. Zap the electrodes with high voltage. It will start pushing conductive materials together. After a while with enough zapping, they will join. Which, BTW, will draw more amps as the resistance lowers.

The nuclear forces and gravity is not what shapes this planet. It is what hits it.
stupidednous

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

ithere's no god do your job to explain to us how and why..

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"Look at the last entry on the bottom."
"Hide
DesktopMobile
Page by contributors like you
Content available under CC BY-SA 3.0 | Terms of Use"
Not getting it???????
Arrgh.

In the tables. The relative volume of the assumed actual universe versus the observable universe. At least 21 times greater.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>No, ALL STUPID atheists/religious people think they know-it-all!!

We had this scientist give a lecture at my uni and i'm just so pissed off, don't fuel the fire! i'm warning u! I've had it up to here with stupid atheists/religious retards!
" ALL STUPID atheists/religious people think they know-it-all!! "

This statement kind of puts you in that category. You can't possible know what "All" stupid atheists/religious people think.

That's kind of like the opening statement in a lot of children's dinosaurs books, it goes something like this: "no human has ever seen a real dinosaur."

A rather bold statement seeing as to the fact that the author has in noway asked every human that ever lived if they have ever saw a real dinosaur.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Make it a large one!!! Orange juice, i mean!
It was basically 2 hours of; science is the answer to everything, there is no consciousness, we r not real human-beings, coz real is just our imagination, we r just machines! If u think the universe was created u need help!
U can imagine how pissed-off i was!!!! Oh but wait, i'm not real, so my emotions aren't real, so me being pissed-off wasn't real! Man, i should have punched him, coz my punch isn't real either!
:-)

You're a trip. A pleasant one.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It was basically 2 hours of; science is the answer to everything, there is no consciousness, we r not real human-beings, coz real is just our imagination, we r just machines! If u think the universe was created u need help!
U can imagine how pissed-off i was!!!! Oh but wait, i'm not real, so my emotions aren't real, so me being pissed-off wasn't real! Man, i should have punched him, coz my punch isn't real either!
I'd be pissed off, too. To have to listen to some closed-minded "scientist" that thinks he knows it all.

ugh

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Here's your large orange juice (with a little vodka)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
WTF?

A very brief into into what a flying squirrel is the same thing as evidence that they evolved?!?!?

Are you on drugs?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Wish I knew some math.

Let's see. Observable universe. Let's be generous and give modern cosmology a 50-50 chance of being right.

Now, if we double the potential for being wrong by doubling the volume of the universe, what would the odds be? Then on and on until we get to that 21 times. What would the odds of being right be then?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Arrgh.

In the tables. The relative volume of the assumed actual universe versus the observable universe. At least 21 times greater.
Lol

Thought you would like that one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Thought you would like that one.
Please, I've been on here long enough to be sensitized and reactive to the stupidity of Topix atheists. You scared me. Thought one of them might have turned you.:-)

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
A very brief into into what a flying squirrel is the same thing as evidence that they evolved?!?!?
Are you on drugs?
No, just being lazy and chose the first link instead of actually looking at it. lol Yeah, I screwed that one up.

I should have picked an animal with more information online, I chose a really bad example. So let's chalk that one up to me not thinking clear enough to actually verify my assertion.

I need to sleep, been up all night working on a personal project.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So rocks falling out of the sky is space expanding? Really?
Rocks falling out the sky is gravity, rocks rolling around in your head is reality.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just being lazy and chose the first link instead of actually looking at it. lol Yeah, I screwed that one up.
I should have picked an animal with more information online, I chose a really bad example. So let's chalk that one up to me not thinking clear enough to actually verify my assertion.
I need to sleep, been up all night working on a personal project.
Holy shitballs.

Did Koder just admit to an err?!?

There's hope...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy shitballs.
Did Koder just admit to an err?!?
There's hope...
I do that quite often, yet for some reason everyone will forget and be shocked again the next time I do.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
" ALL STUPID atheists/religious people think they know-it-all!! "
This statement kind of puts you in that category. You can't possible know what "All" stupid atheists/religious people think.
That's kind of like the opening statement in a lot of children's dinosaurs books, it goes something like this: "no human has ever seen a real dinosaur."
A rather bold statement seeing as to the fact that the author has in noway asked every human that ever lived if they have ever saw a real dinosaur.
I suppose the statement you objected to might be accurate if you define stupid as being a know-it-all, or as including all people who are know-it-alls. The comment you made seems to be friendly to an agnostic attitude that there are many things one does not know. The term agnostic as a modifier refers to not making a knowledge claim regarding something or other that is being discussed. The term agnostic as a noun refers to not making a knowledge claim about God, usually not making a knowledge claim about whether a being claimed to exist and claimed to be properly defined as God (by someone else) really exists or really is what is properly defined as God. I question whether anyone has the grasp of truth to know either what exists or what is a proper definition of God. The definition of existence, and knowledge of the knowledge of the entire range of things (or whatever else besides things) that exist, is also well out of range of human ability, I think.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I do that quite often, yet for some reason everyone will forget and be shocked again the next time I do.
Oh, there are some of us that notice and remember that frequency, even when you don't.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Lmfao! Oh Chunky Buck is mad! Sorry fatsy but you aren't scary to anything other than the chairs and toilet seats you break.!

Ok chill out fatboy. Because I pity you and since you are going to be Dave's bride I will change my statement to, if lardass Buck ever tried to break bad with me I would drop him with minimal force and as safely as possible so he wouldn't suffer any serious injury.

Better?
Buck Crick wrote:
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>I would drop Dave's chunky bride Buck in one hit if he pulled his belly away from the buffet and tried to break bad with me and laugh as he cried. I wouldn't even drop my bottled water.
----------
GiveMeLiverwurst,
I can whip your ass on less ground than you can shit on. I don't know you, but I have abundant experience in this area. To do what you propose, you have to be in the top 10th of 1 percent of men, badass-wise, and I don't believe you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,641 - 151,660 of223,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 9 min Patrick 829
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 10 min Buck Crick 21,374
Our world came from nothing? 22 min religionisillness 147
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 24 min religionisillness 349
Talking some sense into you people... 1 hr Patrick 23
Maher to Stewart: 'Drugs are good, religion is ... 2 hr Patrick 4
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 10 hr NightSerf 1
•••
•••