Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#157759 Mar 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>No, ALL STUPID atheists/religious people think they know-it-all!!

We had this scientist give a lecture at my uni and i'm just so pissed off, don't fuel the fire! i'm warning u! I've had it up to here with stupid atheists/religious retards!
" ALL STUPID atheists/religious people think they know-it-all!! "

This statement kind of puts you in that category. You can't possible know what "All" stupid atheists/religious people think.

That's kind of like the opening statement in a lot of children's dinosaurs books, it goes something like this: "no human has ever seen a real dinosaur."

A rather bold statement seeing as to the fact that the author has in noway asked every human that ever lived if they have ever saw a real dinosaur.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#157760 Mar 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Make it a large one!!! Orange juice, i mean!
It was basically 2 hours of; science is the answer to everything, there is no consciousness, we r not real human-beings, coz real is just our imagination, we r just machines! If u think the universe was created u need help!
U can imagine how pissed-off i was!!!! Oh but wait, i'm not real, so my emotions aren't real, so me being pissed-off wasn't real! Man, i should have punched him, coz my punch isn't real either!
:-)

You're a trip. A pleasant one.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157761 Mar 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It was basically 2 hours of; science is the answer to everything, there is no consciousness, we r not real human-beings, coz real is just our imagination, we r just machines! If u think the universe was created u need help!
U can imagine how pissed-off i was!!!! Oh but wait, i'm not real, so my emotions aren't real, so me being pissed-off wasn't real! Man, i should have punched him, coz my punch isn't real either!
I'd be pissed off, too. To have to listen to some closed-minded "scientist" that thinks he knows it all.

ugh

Location hidden

#157762 Mar 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Here's your large orange juice (with a little vodka)

Location hidden

#157763 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
WTF?

A very brief into into what a flying squirrel is the same thing as evidence that they evolved?!?!?

Are you on drugs?

Location hidden

#157764 Mar 2, 2013
Wish I knew some math.

Let's see. Observable universe. Let's be generous and give modern cosmology a 50-50 chance of being right.

Now, if we double the potential for being wrong by doubling the volume of the universe, what would the odds be? Then on and on until we get to that 21 times. What would the odds of being right be then?

Location hidden

#157765 Mar 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Arrgh.

In the tables. The relative volume of the assumed actual universe versus the observable universe. At least 21 times greater.
Lol

Thought you would like that one.

Location hidden

#157766 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
Thought you would like that one.
Please, I've been on here long enough to be sensitized and reactive to the stupidity of Topix atheists. You scared me. Thought one of them might have turned you.:-)

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#157767 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF?
A very brief into into what a flying squirrel is the same thing as evidence that they evolved?!?!?
Are you on drugs?
No, just being lazy and chose the first link instead of actually looking at it. lol Yeah, I screwed that one up.

I should have picked an animal with more information online, I chose a really bad example. So let's chalk that one up to me not thinking clear enough to actually verify my assertion.

I need to sleep, been up all night working on a personal project.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#157768 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
So rocks falling out of the sky is space expanding? Really?
Rocks falling out the sky is gravity, rocks rolling around in your head is reality.

Location hidden

#157769 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just being lazy and chose the first link instead of actually looking at it. lol Yeah, I screwed that one up.
I should have picked an animal with more information online, I chose a really bad example. So let's chalk that one up to me not thinking clear enough to actually verify my assertion.
I need to sleep, been up all night working on a personal project.
Holy shitballs.

Did Koder just admit to an err?!?

There's hope...

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#157770 Mar 2, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Holy shitballs.
Did Koder just admit to an err?!?
There's hope...
I do that quite often, yet for some reason everyone will forget and be shocked again the next time I do.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#157771 Mar 2, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
" ALL STUPID atheists/religious people think they know-it-all!! "
This statement kind of puts you in that category. You can't possible know what "All" stupid atheists/religious people think.
That's kind of like the opening statement in a lot of children's dinosaurs books, it goes something like this: "no human has ever seen a real dinosaur."
A rather bold statement seeing as to the fact that the author has in noway asked every human that ever lived if they have ever saw a real dinosaur.
I suppose the statement you objected to might be accurate if you define stupid as being a know-it-all, or as including all people who are know-it-alls. The comment you made seems to be friendly to an agnostic attitude that there are many things one does not know. The term agnostic as a modifier refers to not making a knowledge claim regarding something or other that is being discussed. The term agnostic as a noun refers to not making a knowledge claim about God, usually not making a knowledge claim about whether a being claimed to exist and claimed to be properly defined as God (by someone else) really exists or really is what is properly defined as God. I question whether anyone has the grasp of truth to know either what exists or what is a proper definition of God. The definition of existence, and knowledge of the knowledge of the entire range of things (or whatever else besides things) that exist, is also well out of range of human ability, I think.

Location hidden

#157772 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I do that quite often, yet for some reason everyone will forget and be shocked again the next time I do.
Oh, there are some of us that notice and remember that frequency, even when you don't.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#157773 Mar 2, 2013
Lmfao! Oh Chunky Buck is mad! Sorry fatsy but you aren't scary to anything other than the chairs and toilet seats you break.!

Ok chill out fatboy. Because I pity you and since you are going to be Dave's bride I will change my statement to, if lardass Buck ever tried to break bad with me I would drop him with minimal force and as safely as possible so he wouldn't suffer any serious injury.

Better?
Buck Crick wrote:
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>I would drop Dave's chunky bride Buck in one hit if he pulled his belly away from the buffet and tried to break bad with me and laugh as he cried. I wouldn't even drop my bottled water.
----------
GiveMeLiverwurst,
I can whip your ass on less ground than you can shit on. I don't know you, but I have abundant experience in this area. To do what you propose, you have to be in the top 10th of 1 percent of men, badass-wise, and I don't believe you are.

Lexington, KY

#157774 Mar 2, 2013
Well Buck those of us who are skinnier and smarter when presented with a question seek out actual observable answers, not just saying some supernatural deity did it.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
What caused such a thing? Every event has a cause. What caused time to begin? Just the objective facts, please, no speculation.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#157775 Mar 2, 2013
The best definition of a God that exists is the claim that the word God can best be applied to everthing that exists, and the possibility of what has existed, will exist, or possibily could exist, including imaginary things and hallucinations accepted as such (imaginary and hallucinations). That would exist and that would be a pretty awesome definition of God. What I like best about it is that it is bigger than any other definition of Goid I can think of, and should preempt lesser definitions of lesser gods - and it also stipulates existence, present tense, and the possibility of existence in other times, and other dimensions. That God seems so impossible for humans to have much if any knowledge of that it should make people shut up and not make many detailed claims about it, as a whole, as they unfortunately tend to do (make claims) about lesser gods. It most definately does not go out on a limb about improbable attributes, such as being both all good and all powerful, that are claimed for lesser Gods that are claimed to exist and be wonderful and mighty, and all those hymny things that the adoring worshippers want to attribute to it - mindlessly, in my view. They mostly want a powerful invisible, invincible, loving, totally relable super-mommy figure to rescue them from current problems and promise to rescue them from any future problems, I think.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#157776 Mar 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, there are some of us that notice and remember that frequency, even when you don't.
So far though, you have not once been capable of catching one of my errors. RR managed to catch one of mine, even JuicyLu I believe caught one of my errors, now Illuminatrix. But you have caught none of them, not one. Are you sure you know what you're doing?

Lexington, KY

#157777 Mar 2, 2013
Aw fatass is going full Christian now as we all knew he was, even quoting scripture.

Well that makes sense after all the praise you give the DI, you know that Christian think tank? Where they pray each day before starting?

Lmfao!
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Because it exists not only with man, but outside of and independently of man, and has no terms or calculations recognizable to man. Man has no negotiating or bargaining power with it; he cannot manipulate it. Man can experience it, and that's all.
I John 4:8 - "He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love."

Lexington, KY

#157778 Mar 2, 2013
Lol! Yes indeed every theist sees god in the mirror because god is a projection of theirs. Well played sir.

Enjoy the game and all the best :)
Double Fine wrote:
<quoted text>
Good to see you and all the others on here. Sigh, not much have changed.
But Double Fine have all the answers all the people on here was looking for.
Yes, Double Fine have seen God!!
He is living in Double Fine's mirror
:)
Double Fine signing off.
Cheers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Islam for peace, or violence? 15 min Chiclets 41
Our world came from nothing? 17 min Reason Personified 1,041
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 2 hr Adam 22,993
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 6 hr Thinking 2
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Mon Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. Mon Thinking 87
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE