Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,579)

Showing posts 151,561 - 151,580 of216,878
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Holy shit, look at you dodge and weave, have you no shame!!!! I NEVER said God caused the deaths by starvation. Here>>>> You're driving down the road, you see two young girls playing in the park, about 9 years old. Suddenly a group of older man come out of the woods, grab bother girls and begin to torture and rape them. You can see police officers just down the street but you sit and DO NOTHING. You simply watch, eventually the men murder the two young girls, slowly, but still you sit and DO NOTHING. All you had to do was alert the police, they were within shouting distance, but you chose to do nothing. This is what your God did as those thousands upon thousands of children died horribly. If you have any balls at all answer this truthfully. What person could or would sit and do nothing as those little girls were tortured and killed? Conversely what God, if he existed and had the caring and compassion you say he has, would sit idly by and watch little children die?
Only God can create life, you know that, stop wiggling, it's unbecoming. God created all living organisms including parasitic worms that burrow into the eyeballs of children, look it up!!!! Now if you want to claim that man has the same ability as your God in creating living organisms I'm with ya!!!!
Once again, for the brain dead...No God didn't create the gun and order Lanza to kill those children, but like the man in the park, he sat idly by and watched the horror.
"Free will" is an illusion. Your God is omnipotent, he knows the future, knows exactly what will happen, could see this slaughter well before it happened, yet did nothing to change the course of history in order to save those children. More wiggling on your part, too funny!!!!
18,000 children die every day of starvation, but your ready to ignore that and say we should be happy for the rest that don't die a horrible death? What kind a rationalization is that?
Actually God has nothing to do with the beautiful little rose, that is the product of evolution with just a touch of manipulation by man. Nor is God responsible for the deaths of children since he is nonexistent. But I do enjoy watching you people try and rationalize the horrific behavior of your supposed God thing. Very enertaining!!!
More to the point why would any god let children suffer for any reason at all?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Both plants an animals are the product of evolution!!!! And the birds and the bees make little babies!!!!!! And the tooth fairy will leave money for you if you put your tooth under your pillow. ect. ect. ect.
If that's the case then why not put all your false teeth under the pillow?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case she will leave counterfeit money.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, just like Aura says, he leaves me monopoly money, mostly 5's and 10's. BTW, listen for the bill goats gruff the next time you walk across a bridge!! He is real, just like your God thing!!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Because man hates?

Love is more than getting a piece of ass.

It is an understanding we are all part of something bigger. Each one doing a function for the purpose of the whole. Oh, you can kill each other if there is a threat, but it is just something you have to do in the larger scheme of things. You don't make it personal.

Why do you hate Christians so much?
So man couldn't figure that out without god?

Why zat?

I don't hate the Christian. I hate the willful ignorance of the Christian.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>To be accurate, he is beyond your limitations of thought. What you call "rational" is on a low level. A little above bootstrap.
Go sniff buck's fart bubbles, you senile old man.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

*Tips hat*

Hi All

Double Fine greets all of you. Can't stay though.

To a certain lawyer on here: Glory, glory Man United.

We will destroy Madrid this week.

To the rest of you: Stay happy, stay healthy. Drink lots of wine, have lots of sex and listen to good music.

Cheers

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Your belief in god stems from fear. You were indoctrinated ino believing this afterlife nonsense and now as you stare at death's door you are becoming desperate all in a vain hope heavenly bliss awaits you. Sad really.

When it is my time I will not waste one second on such delusions. I will instead use that time to reflect and rejoice in my good times and bad on family and loved ones and may the last thing I say be, may the future be bright for all.

I pity you Dave.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
To be accurate, he is beyond your limitations of thought. What you call "rational" is on a low level. A little above bootstrap.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

True, all he has left is childish temper tantrums. For a believer he sure clams up when you ask him to show proof for god.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
RR has really become a waste of time.
He's too far gone.
I think he's basically an ok person, but he's beyond rational thought.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Cheers double fine! Enjoy the game :)
Double Fine wrote:
*Tips hat*
Hi All
To the rest of you: Stay happy, stay healthy. Drink lots of wine, have lots of sex and listen to good music.
Cheers

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Hey thanks for finding that! Wow look at all those right wing nutter links including Fox News! A few days ago he vehemently denied doing as such :))

Christhole caugh in another lie, why else is new?
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for taking the time to find all of those links so you could whine about atheists.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Double Fine wrote:
*Tips hat*

Hi All

Cheers
Where the hell you been?

Hope all is well.

Party on!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>True, all he has left is childish temper tantrums. For a believer he sure clams up when you ask him to show proof for god.
He won't even describe the god he believes in.

I don't think he knows himself.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Dave Nelson wrote:
Speaking of interconnectedness.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/SWN/index.html

Look at those gauges for the solar wind. That means there is a steady input and pressure. It is not like the days of old science where we thought we were so isolated.

The interconnectedness of the earth and sun is a lot more complicated than simple gravity and orbital speed. They have a hint of the galactic effects, but have quantified them yet like they can with these satellites here.

There is a continuous flow of energy throughout the universe, and with it the ability to carry information.

Things ain't the way they taught you, or what you think.

Think big. Look back at yourself.
Cool site.

Too bad you don't have the slightest clue what it means.

Still...good job trying to look smart.

Keep working on it.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Double Fine wrote:
*Tips hat*
Hi All
Cheers
Tried it. Didn't get past the wine.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>I would drop Dave's chunky bride Buck in one hit if he pulled his belly away from the buffet and tried to break bad with me and laugh as he cried. I wouldn't even drop my bottled water.
----------

GiveMeLiverwurst,

I can whip your ass on less ground than you can shit on. I don't know you, but I have abundant experience in this area. To do what you propose, you have to be in the top 10th of 1 percent of men, badass-wise, and I don't believe you are.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If you call expanding from a pinhole size to the size of the milky-way in a thousandth of a second slow then yes.
You see when things explode, gas, debris and matter are flung from the explosion point and flying out within space.
When the universe is expanding , gas debris and matter are not moving. The space is moving and becoming larger. The matter sitting still moves apart because space/time is growing between
it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
What caused such a thing? Every event has a cause. What caused time to begin? Just the objective facts, please, no speculation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Thinking wrote:
Septic is Cockney for American.
<quoted text>
A Britt is just a Pole-Lock turned inside out.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
bookmark this and share w your other religitards
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
From your link:

"a wide array of disparate discoveries and conjectures"

Just add faith...

Thanks for the enlightenment, Religitard.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,561 - 151,580 of216,878
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••