Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
151,521 - 151,540 of 226,142 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Why do Topix atheists avoid thinking?

Because it hurts their head.

That is why they default to "teacher" and the "experts' to tell them what to think. They should try a little logic building within their own minds. It is their ass if the "experts" are wrong. And you can buy an "expert" to espouse any "truth" you wish to hear, or advertise a product you want to sell.

Topix atheists are dumb.

Goodnight.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Why do Topix atheists avoid thinking?
Because it hurts their head.
That is why they default to "teacher" and the "experts' to tell them what to think. They should try a little logic building within their own minds. It is their ass if the "experts" are wrong. And you can buy an "expert" to espouse any "truth" you wish to hear, or advertise a product you want to sell.
Topix atheists are dumb.
Goodnight.
Goodnight Dave, don't forget to cut the power to your electromagnets, and don't leave the rock dangling. You know how you forget and bump your head on it.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Science has no way of grasping faith in God. To know if God is true you must read and understand what is being said, if you do this, you will have proof by your being, your soul will know and prove to you he exsists. Science can prove of God's exsistence in other ways, such as manuscripts, artifacts, eyewitnesses and etc..

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
By what authority are they not admissible? Who are you to decide what is, and is not admissible of ancient records?
That which makes the assertion is not evidence of the assertion.

Since: Sep 10

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I think various elements of God are made known. The written word might contain some of it; I'm not sure.
I have concluded there is only one element of God that we may experience on this planet where we find ourselves.
That element is love. And it is the most powerful element.
I am willing to conclude that most, if not all, of the other elements ascribed to God are inventions of men.
Also, any system with insiders and outsiders has nothing to do with God.
My accepting this required more discarding of intsruction and training than any other poster on this thread has experienced, in my opinion.
Good for you.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go. "No problem", he says....
<quoted text>
Starvation caused by man's doings, not Gods.
Besides, there are currently about 2,000,000,000 children on Earth right now, did you thank God that 1,999,820,000 are happy and healthy and well fed?
No?
You should. You're ready to blame God for suffering, you should be ready to thank Him for prosperity.
<quoted text>
God created burrowing parasitic organisms?
How have you come by this knowledge?
How do you know they aren't an accidental spawn of man's doing?
<quoted text>
You think God created guns and commanded Lanza to go kill 26 people?!
We all have free will, which unfortunately includes murderous bastards like Lanza.
<quoted text>
Again, why do you think God causes still births or miscarriages? Why aren't you ready to blame US, all of us, for our own misdeeds?
I have never cried about abortion. I'm pro-choice, dumb ass.
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Are your rational observations peer reviewed?
God allows ALL to take place, from the beautiful little rose to the terrible death of a baby. If He didn't, we wouldn't have free will.
<quoted text>
Um....
I think you needs more steps. 1-4 have been rightfully shiver up your ass.
Holy shit, look at you dodge and weave, have you no shame!!!! I NEVER said God caused the deaths by starvation. Here>>>> You're driving down the road, you see two young girls playing in the park, about 9 years old. Suddenly a group of older man come out of the woods, grab bother girls and begin to torture and rape them. You can see police officers just down the street but you sit and DO NOTHING. You simply watch, eventually the men murder the two young girls, slowly, but still you sit and DO NOTHING. All you had to do was alert the police, they were within shouting distance, but you chose to do nothing. This is what your God did as those thousands upon thousands of children died horribly. If you have any balls at all answer this truthfully. What person could or would sit and do nothing as those little girls were tortured and killed? Conversely what God, if he existed and had the caring and compassion you say he has, would sit idly by and watch little children die?

Only God can create life, you know that, stop wiggling, it's unbecoming. God created all living organisms including parasitic worms that burrow into the eyeballs of children, look it up!!!! Now if you want to claim that man has the same ability as your God in creating living organisms I'm with ya!!!!

Once again, for the brain dead...No God didn't create the gun and order Lanza to kill those children, but like the man in the park, he sat idly by and watched the horror.

"Free will" is an illusion. Your God is omnipotent, he knows the future, knows exactly what will happen, could see this slaughter well before it happened, yet did nothing to change the course of history in order to save those children. More wiggling on your part, too funny!!!!

18,000 children die every day of starvation, but your ready to ignore that and say we should be happy for the rest that don't die a horrible death? What kind a rationalization is that?

Actually God has nothing to do with the beautiful little rose, that is the product of evolution with just a touch of manipulation by man. Nor is God responsible for the deaths of children since he is nonexistent. But I do enjoy watching you people try and rationalize the horrific behavior of your supposed God thing. Very enertaining!!!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
Science has no way of grasping faith in God. To know if God is true you must read and understand what is being said, if you do this, you will have proof by your being, your soul will know and prove to you he exsists. Science can prove of God's exsistence in other ways, such as manuscripts, artifacts, eyewitnesses and etc..
All you stated was that you have to buy the snake oil without evidence in order for you to believe it will work, that still doesn't mean the snake oil will work. As for the "proof" you offer, that has all been addressed and debunked a million times over, catch up.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go. "No problem", he says....
<quoted text>
Starvation caused by man's doings, not Gods.
Besides, there are currently about 2,000,000,000 children on Earth right now, did you thank God that 1,999,820,000 are happy and healthy and well fed?
No?
You should. You're ready to blame God for suffering, you should be ready to thank Him for prosperity.
<quoted text>
God created burrowing parasitic organisms?
How have you come by this knowledge?
How do you know they aren't an accidental spawn of man's doing?
<quoted text>
You think God created guns and commanded Lanza to go kill 26 people?!
We all have free will, which unfortunately includes murderous bastards like Lanza.
<quoted text>
Again, why do you think God causes still births or miscarriages? Why aren't you ready to blame US, all of us, for our own misdeeds?
I have never cried about abortion. I'm pro-choice, dumb ass.
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Are your rational observations peer reviewed?
God allows ALL to take place, from the beautiful little rose to the terrible death of a baby. If He didn't, we wouldn't have free will.
<quoted text>
Um....
I think you needs more steps. 1-4 have been rightfully shiver up your ass.
Holy shit, look at you dodge and weave, have you no shame!!!! I NEVER said God caused the deaths by starvation. Here>>>> You're driving down the road, you see two young girls playing in the park, about 9 years old. Suddenly a group of older man come out of the woods, grab bother girls and begin to torture and rape them. You can see police officers just down the street but you sit and DO NOTHING. You simply watch, eventually the men murder the two young girls, slowly, but still you sit and DO NOTHING. All you had to do was alert the police, they were within shouting distance, but you chose to do nothing. This is what your God did as those thousands upon thousands of children died horribly. If you have any balls at all answer this truthfully. What person could or would sit and do nothing as those little girls were tortured and killed? Conversely what God, if he existed and had the caring and compassion you say he has, would sit idly by and watch little children die?

Only God can create life, you know that, stop wiggling, it's unbecoming. God created all living organisms including parasitic worms that burrow into the eyeballs of children, look it up!!!! Now if you want to claim that man has the same ability as your God in creating living organisms I'm with ya!!!!

Once again, for the brain dead...No God didn't create the gun and order Lanza to kill those children, but like the man in the park, he sat idly by and watched the horror.

"Free will" is an illusion. Your God is omnipotent, he knows the future, knows exactly what will happen, could see this slaughter well before it happened, yet did nothing to change the course of history in order to save those children. More wiggling on your part, too funny!!!!

18,000 children die every day of starvation, but your ready to ignore that and say we should be happy for the rest that don't die a horrible death? What kind a rationalization is that?

Actually God has nothing to do with the beautiful little rose, that is the product of evolution with just a touch of manipulation by man. Nor is God responsible for the deaths of children since he is nonexistent. But I do enjoy watching you people try and rationalize the horrific behavior of your supposed God thing. Very entertaining!!!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Working for the Lord wrote:
Okay , and since you insist. Go ahead and show us your other ways, but remember no he said he said , eyewitnesses must be available for questioning. Manuscripts can say anything , there is little veracity
to them without additional verification. We read and understand everything you wrote. Artifacts are nice for museums , you wouldn't happen to have something like um...the Ark of the Covenant in your bag would you?

blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, you can't answer his questions but you call him ignorant.....
Both plants an animals are the product of evolution!!!! And the birds and the bees make little babies!!!!!! And the tooth fairy will leave money for you if you put your tooth under your pillow. ect. ect. ect.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good for you.
See Spot play.

“Formerly "Richard"”

Since: Mar 12

In the beginning e=mc^2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Holy shit, look at you dodge and weave, have you no shame!!!! I NEVER said God caused the deaths by starvation. Here>>>> You're driving down the road, you see two young girls playing in the park, about 9 years old. Suddenly a group of older man come out of the woods, grab bother girls and begin to torture and rape them. You can see police officers just down the street but you sit and DO NOTHING. You simply watch, eventually the men murder the two young girls, slowly, but still you sit and DO NOTHING. All you had to do was alert the police, they were within shouting distance, but you chose to do nothing. This is what your God did as those thousands upon thousands of children died horribly. If you have any balls at all answer this truthfully. What person could or would sit and do nothing as those little girls were tortured and killed? Conversely what God, if he existed and had the caring and compassion you say he has, would sit idly by and watch little children die?
Actually God has nothing to do with the beautiful little rose, that is the product of evolution with just a touch of manipulation by man. Nor is God responsible for the deaths of children since he is nonexistent. But I do enjoy watching you people try and rationalize the horrific behavior of your supposed God thing. Very enertaining!!!
More to the point why would any god let children suffer for any reason at all?

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Both plants an animals are the product of evolution!!!! And the birds and the bees make little babies!!!!!! And the tooth fairy will leave money for you if you put your tooth under your pillow. ect. ect. ect.
If that's the case then why not put all your false teeth under the pillow?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case she will leave counterfeit money.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, just like Aura says, he leaves me monopoly money, mostly 5's and 10's. BTW, listen for the bill goats gruff the next time you walk across a bridge!! He is real, just like your God thing!!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>Because man hates?

Love is more than getting a piece of ass.

It is an understanding we are all part of something bigger. Each one doing a function for the purpose of the whole. Oh, you can kill each other if there is a threat, but it is just something you have to do in the larger scheme of things. You don't make it personal.

Why do you hate Christians so much?
So man couldn't figure that out without god?

Why zat?

I don't hate the Christian. I hate the willful ignorance of the Christian.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>To be accurate, he is beyond your limitations of thought. What you call "rational" is on a low level. A little above bootstrap.
Go sniff buck's fart bubbles, you senile old man.

“There's a feeling I get...”

Since: Jun 11

...when I look to the West

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

*Tips hat*

Hi All

Double Fine greets all of you. Can't stay though.

To a certain lawyer on here: Glory, glory Man United.

We will destroy Madrid this week.

To the rest of you: Stay happy, stay healthy. Drink lots of wine, have lots of sex and listen to good music.

Cheers

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Your belief in god stems from fear. You were indoctrinated ino believing this afterlife nonsense and now as you stare at death's door you are becoming desperate all in a vain hope heavenly bliss awaits you. Sad really.

When it is my time I will not waste one second on such delusions. I will instead use that time to reflect and rejoice in my good times and bad on family and loved ones and may the last thing I say be, may the future be bright for all.

I pity you Dave.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
To be accurate, he is beyond your limitations of thought. What you call "rational" is on a low level. A little above bootstrap.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

True, all he has left is childish temper tantrums. For a believer he sure clams up when you ask him to show proof for god.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
RR has really become a waste of time.
He's too far gone.
I think he's basically an ok person, but he's beyond rational thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 1 hr CunningLinguist 21,488
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr NightSerf 395
100% Faith Free 5 hr Patrick 6
Should Uninformed Opinion Be Respected? 5 hr Patrick 5
Atheists that tout free thinking use bully tact... 7 hr NightSerf 6
Richard Dawkins in a nutshell 10 hr Patrick 24
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 10 hr ChristineM 898
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••