Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
151,501 - 151,520 of 225,722 Comments Last updated 19 min ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then that thing that crashed into Russia a couple of weeks ago was not moving?
You are confused , clearly the effects of gravity is working.

But that isn't what we were talking about, which was the EXPANSION
of the universe. Do try to keep up , and put those goal posts down!
No shifting goal posts, and stop it with the beady eyed thing.
And try to act intelligent, um n/m just sit over there >>>>>>>
And try to keep quiet, this is the forum for above grade school people.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

I said until proof is shown to demonstrate this or any god I have no reason to believe. Provide evidence and I will happily consider it.

Sorry I know you hate the burden of proof but when you make an assertion something exists, as you have with god, the onus is on you to demonstrate it exists not others to do your homework for you.

I accept your surrender since it is obvious you have failed to provide proof for your assertion.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God NOT existing is your assertion. How many times do we have to tell you that proof for God NOT being real is your homework. I know you hate that but welcome to reality.
Since you are unable to show proof that God doesn't exist, we have no reason to entertain the idea that He doesn't.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Stuff like that is why Revelation should never have been included in the canon. It's Nostradamus-style vague. Why would God inspire a document which only causes confusion?
Why was there ever the craft of Cryptography?

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Yes we have all heard your angry brand of Protestantism before.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can say there is a following among theologians that believe, the Great Wh*re to be a power influential Church with a troubled history as described in Revelation 17.
You donít have to believe it. Iím just sharing with you the thought of what many to believe is the Great Wh*re in Revelation 17.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
That still is matter moving right?
No it is space expanding. Virtual real estate of
pure space inserted between stuff. Compliments of General Relativity , now tip the waitress and go home . The parties over, the curtains closed don't go away mad....just go away!

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Are you saying parasitic organisms didn't exist until man?

I notice you assign many properties to this imaginary friend of yours that you call god. First you must demonstrate he exists.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go. "No problem", he says....
<quoted text>
Starvation caused by man's doings, not Gods.
Besides, there are currently about 2,000,000,000 children on Earth right now, did you thank God that 1,999,820,000 are happy and healthy and well fed?
No?
You should. You're ready to blame God for suffering, you should be ready to thank Him for prosperity.
<quoted text>
God created burrowing parasitic organisms?
How have you come by this knowledge?
How do you know they aren't an accidental spawn of man's doing?
<quoted text>
You think God created guns and commanded Lanza to go kill 26 people?!
We all have free will, which unfortunately includes murderous bastards like Lanza.
<quoted text>
Again, why do you think God causes still births or miscarriages? Why aren't you ready to blame US, all of us, for our own misdeeds?
I have never cried about abortion. I'm pro-choice, dumb ass.
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Are your rational observations peer reviewed?
God allows ALL to take place, from the beautiful little rose to the terrible death of a baby. If He didn't, we wouldn't have free will.
<quoted text>
Um....
I think you needs more steps. 1-4 have been rightfully shiver up your ass.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

As your future bride Chunky Buck has broken many buffet chairs?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You would undoubtedly break that one.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
I said until proof is shown to demonstrate this or any god I have no reason to believe. Provide evidence and I will happily consider it.
HA HA HA !!!!

"Provide evidence and I will happily consider it."

You would "consider" evidence?

You're a good lil brainwashed atheist.

Continue.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

For purposes message confidentiality, done purposely to trick and mislead others. Of course there is a difference between an actual decrypted message and random desert scribbling of ancient nomadic people who sacrificed goats and ate their own feces.

You interpret the bible myth as you see fit, just like every other believer does.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why was there ever the craft of Cryptography?

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> No it is space expanding. Virtual real estate of
pure space inserted between stuff. Compliments of General Relativity , now tip the waitress and go home . The parties over, the curtains closed don't go away mad....just go away!
Watch the seeds.

Don't forget, we are inside looking out.

Understand the process that is happening.

There are references to the living waters in the NT, I believe.

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

So in other words you are unable to even formulate an argument for your god assertion?

But again, yes provide evidence and I will happily consider it. Without evidence there is nothing to consider is there?

We keep waiting for some evidence to be presented that any god exists and so far all your ilk can do is basically say, believe because I said do. Sorry but childish temper tantrums do not count as proof.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
HA HA HA !!!!
"Provide evidence and I will happily consider it."
You would "consider" evidence?
You're a good lil brainwashed atheist.
Continue.

“It's just a box of rain...”

Since: May 07

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that science is not omniscient doesn't mean it's wrong. There are many theories about all of the questions you asked, which are all bolstered by objective evidence. Contrast that to religion, which just makes shit up wholecloth. Where did God come from? See?
Indeed, rejection of all claims to omniscience seems integral to the philosophical foundation of science, which begins by admitting ignorance of everything and endeavors to discover all that is possible using the scientific method. In this sense, all knowledge begins with ignorance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch the seeds.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tPMjVVGLEZMXX
Don't forget, we are inside looking out.
Understand the process that is happening.
There are references to the living waters in the NT, I believe.
Only in your crayon colored highly overactive imagination.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'll give you a number to call. You'll get my Son. Ask for my 9 year old granddaughter Sarah, she'll be more than happy to tell you were plants and animals come from.

Your ignorance is very obvious, as soon as you say shit like a S L O W explosion, we know you are completely scientifically illiterate.

Stop embarrassing yourself and read a science book, anyone will do!!

Guess what......i know the time it takes Pluto to go around the sun, and I know that the moon is not made of green cheese. Ask me how I know such things!!!!! It must real suck to be so completely and utterly ignorant. I often wonder why one of the ten commandments doesn't include something about being willfully ignorant......"Thou shalt not remain willfully ignorant."
It's not green cheese. More of a cheddar I would say.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Only in your crayon colored highly overactive imagination.

Human egg.

A lot more complex.

The seed was matter activated by water. Which expanded the matrix.

Big Bang. But different composition and "water".

Starts the whole shebang.

As far as we know, the above video is the result of some complex energy transfers arising from that first seed. Your "random" stuff.

Where did the seed come from?

Go ahead. Pull those covers over your head and scream NO!! NO! IT CAN'T BE!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>I think various elements of God are made known. The written word might contain some of it; I'm not sure.

I have concluded there is only one element of God that we may experience on this planet where we find ourselves.

That element is love. And it is the most powerful element.

I am willing to conclude that most, if not all, of the other elements ascribed to God are inventions of men.

Also, any system with insiders and outsiders has nothing to do with God.

My accepting this required more discarding of intsruction and training than any other poster on this thread has experienced, in my opinion.
So love cannot be an invention of man.

Why not?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Here we go. "No problem", he says....

[QUOTE] 1.) 18,000 children die EVERYDAY as a result of starvation . A particularly painful death. Innocent little children with no idea what is happening to them, the fear and horror on their young minds can only be imagined. "

Starvation caused by man's doings, not Gods.

Besides, there are currently about 2,000,000,000 children on Earth right now, did you thank God that 1,999,820,000 are happy and healthy and well fed?

No?

You should. You're ready to blame God for suffering, you should be ready to thank Him for prosperity.

[QUOTE] 2.) Thousands of children suffer the horror of having a parasitic organism, that your God thought was a splendid idea to create, burrow into their eyeballs. "

God created burrowing parasitic organisms?

How have you come by this knowledge?

How do you know they aren't an accidental spawn of man's doing?

[QUOTE] 3.) 20 innocent little children suffer the unbelievable horror of the Sandy Hook massacre. "

You think God created guns and commanded Lanza to go kill 26 people?!

We all have free will, which unfortunately includes murderous bastards like Lanza.

[QUOTE] 4.) Every year there are 2 million still births world-wide. You all cry about abortion, yet your God kills 2 million every year. "

Again, why do you think God causes still births or miscarriages? Why aren't you ready to blame US, all of us, for our own misdeeds?

I have never cried about abortion. I'm pro-choice, dumb ass.

[QUOTE] Rational observation------no kind and loving, caring and compassionate being would allow such horrors to take place. "

LMAO!

Are your rational observations peer reviewed?

God allows ALL to take place, from the beautiful little rose to the terrible death of a baby. If He didn't, we wouldn't have free will.

[QUOTE] Conclusion.....No such God exists..........You lose!!!!!"

Um....

I think you needs more steps. 1-4 have been rightfully shiver up your ass.
No they weren't.

They were rationalized away by an infantile coward.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
So love cannot be an invention of man.
Why not?
Because man hates?

Love is more than getting a piece of ass.

It is an understanding we are all part of something bigger. Each one doing a function for the purpose of the whole. Oh, you can kill each other if there is a threat, but it is just something you have to do in the larger scheme of things. You don't make it personal.

Why do you hate Christians so much?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>I said until proof is shown to demonstrate this or any god I have no reason to believe. Provide evidence and I will happily consider it.

Sorry I know you hate the burden of proof but when you make an assertion something exists, as you have with god, the onus is on you to demonstrate it exists not others to do your homework for you.

I accept your surrender since it is obvious you have failed to provide proof for your assertion.
RR has really become a waste of time.

He's too far gone.

I think he's basically an ok person, but he's beyond rational thought.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
RR has really become a waste of time.
He's too far gone.
I think he's basically an ok person, but he's beyond rational thought.
To be accurate, he is beyond your limitations of thought. What you call "rational" is on a low level. A little above bootstrap.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••