Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 240062 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#157694 Mar 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. That would be accurate.
So you never test the things others tell you, thus you are projecting your inability to actually question authority onto me. That is why you have to accuse me of lying, to cover up the fact that you are too gullible to actually do what I do.

I have studied the information and it is sound, I see no flaws in it, it was not "told" to me, I actually looked at it, well what I have had time for thus far. Evolution is fascinating, and I now wish I had begun questioning it sooner, so I could have learned more about it by now. It is not too late for you to question authority, you really should too, because an adult who doesn't question authority was a failure as a child.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#157695 Mar 2, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
When they collide, they are VERY, VERY close together. If not close together, nothing could collide.
When we talk on a galactic scale, close is somewhat different than
a traffic incident. Also gravitational attraction doesn't have to be as close as the refrigerator magnet is to the refrigerator to have an effect.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#157696 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you never test the things others tell you, thus you are projecting your inability to actually question authority onto me. That is why you have to accuse me of lying, to cover up the fact that you are too gullible to actually do what I do.
I have studied the information and it is sound, I see no flaws in it, it was not "told" to me, I actually looked at it, well what I have had time for thus far. Evolution is fascinating, and I now wish I had begun questioning it sooner, so I could have learned more about it by now. It is not too late for you to question authority, you really should too, because an adult who doesn't question authority was a failure as a child.
Most of what you see me post on here is my very own independent deductions and perspectives. I use the basic principles of applied physics and just carried them out further. I've even done some experiments and have worked in that kind of world. I use data obtained by modern science, but definitely not the theories behind it. There is a basic pattern to nature, and they have wondered away from it.

Your experience and perspective seems to be one that "reviews" the thoughts of others and make determinations of what is right and wrong. Instead of getting your hands dirty and injured, and your brain befuddled from trying to figure things out the hard way, You are not as unique as you would like to believe.

Westcliffe, CO

#157697 Mar 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
a traffic incident. Also gravitational attraction doesn't have to be as close as the refrigerator magnet is to the refrigerator to have an effect.
:-)

Neither does the refrigerator magnet. Except its reach for the same force level is much lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggg ggggggeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer.

Something like 10^39? Is that a lot?

Westcliffe, CO

#157698 Mar 2, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orders_of_magnit...

Look at the last entry on the bottom.

That is an "at least".

Amazing that a few minds on earth can determine how the universe is put together from "observing" such a tiny portion.

Not that you can "prove" them wrong.

They stay in business that way.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#157699 Mar 2, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't even describe the god he believes in.
I don't think he knows himself.
R u talking about physical attributes of God?

Westcliffe, CO

#157700 Mar 2, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
In addition.

A particle or object passing through the field of a refrigerator magnet gets a pulse of energy from EM induction, lasting the length of time it passes through. A particle or object passing across a refrigerator magnet strength field the size of the sun is something different. That is a sustained period of time.

And one that leaves that field headed this way goes through a decreasing field, lessening that charge, and crosses a boundary where it enters ours.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#157701 Mar 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of what you see me post on here is my very own independent deductions and perspectives. I use the basic principles of applied physics and just carried them out further. I've even done some experiments and have worked in that kind of world. I use data obtained by modern science, but definitely not the theories behind it. There is a basic pattern to nature, and they have wondered away from it.
Your experience and perspective seems to be one that "reviews" the thoughts of others and make determinations of what is right and wrong. Instead of getting your hands dirty and injured, and your brain befuddled from trying to figure things out the hard way, You are not as unique as you would like to believe.
If what you post here are your own deductions, then you have not looked at any actual evidence.

Location hidden

#157702 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
When things produce, they evolve ... a little bit at a time. So yes, the fact that they evolve is what produced the diversity of organisms.
But kitty, evolution does not create life itself!! Evolution can't tell us how the first organism came into existence!! Evolution does not create anything from scratch!!

Like the Laws of gravity do not create gravity itself. Where did gravity come from?

This just doesn't make sense!!

Why is science so afraid to say; "we don't know"?

Westcliffe, CO

#157703 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you post here are your own deductions, then you have not looked at any actual evidence.
You don't know what evidence is.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#157704 Mar 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
But kitty, evolution does not create life itself!! Evolution can't tell us how the first organism came into existence!! Evolution does not create anything from scratch!!
Like the Laws of gravity do not create gravity itself. Where did gravity come from?
... and when did anyone ever say it did? Aside from the creationists, that is.

Westcliffe, CO

#157705 Mar 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Science does say we don't know.

It is a few that say science says that who are the problem. Liars or premature ejaculators of "truth and knowlege".

Don't take their word of what "science says".

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#157706 Mar 2, 2013
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and scientists, science doesn't actually do anything, but scientists say they don't know all the time. They love to find things they don't know so they can ... figure it out, explore it, and find an answer to it so they do know it. Then they move to the next thing they don't know. Want to be the best friend of a real scientist, find something they don't know that no one else is trying to figure out ... and ask them about it.

For gravity, ask a physicist, I never much cared about that science so I haven't learned much about it. They can actually explain that, because they didn't know at one time so they wanted to figure it out ... and they did. Now they're onto much deeper things like why do atoms stay together and such, you know, things they don't yet actually know. Even much of the stuff we do know about quantum mechanics a physicist will say "I don't know" when you ask them about it.

It's not the scientists, or the skeptics, who are not afraid of saying we don't know, it's the religious people. Religion is the result of being afraid of not knowing, so some fanciful story is made up to satiate that fear instead of facing it head on. We use science to figure out the things we don't know because it has not let us down yet, not once, it always exposes the frauds and gives us useful answers that have helped our species so much in the last 150 years that ... we're not even in the same state and yet we're talking as if we're in the same room now.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#157707 Mar 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know what evidence is.
A fossil is not evidence of an organism existing?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#157708 Mar 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a few that say science says that who are the problem. Liars or premature ejaculators of "truth and knowlege".
So ... when do you post something that scientists actually say?

Location hidden

#157709 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
... and when did anyone ever say it did? Aside from the creationists, that is.
Say what? That science knows everything or that evolution created the first organisms?

Silly scientists say it all the time!! It's so shocking that intellectual people can be so dumb and arrogant!!

I'm sure Richard Dawkins said that evolution proves that there is no creator and no intelligent design to the universe! WTF?? HOW?

Also, then u got Stephen Hawking coming up with his theory of everything and attacking other ways of thinking and he thinks his way is the only right way. WFT? WHY?

This is absolutely shocking!! Scientists are turning into fanatic nutty people. They choose to ignore all other evidence and focus on the evidence they want to focus on. They just want to ignore consciousness and focus on matter. Science can't do that, it just can't! U can't be biased if u want to find out the truth!

Location hidden

#157710 Mar 2, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, that's what i meant, read my above post!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#157711 Mar 2, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
More to the point why would any god let children suffer for any reason at all?
'cause he really, really likes malaria?

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#157712 Mar 2, 2013
Double Fine wrote:
*Tips hat*
Hi All
Double Fine greets all of you. Can't stay though.
To a certain lawyer on here: Glory, glory Man United.
We will destroy Madrid this week.
To the rest of you: Stay happy, stay healthy. Drink lots of wine, have lots of sex and listen to good music.
Cheers
Hi DF!!!

Wow! You!

Hello!!!!!!!

Location hidden

#157713 Mar 2, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and scientists, science doesn't actually do anything, but scientists say they don't know all the time. They love to find things they don't know so they can ... figure it out, explore it, and find an answer to it so they do know it. Then they move to the next thing they don't know. Want to be the best friend of a real scientist, find something they don't know that no one else is trying to figure out ... and ask them about it.
For gravity, ask a physicist, I never much cared about that science so I haven't learned much about it. They can actually explain that, because they didn't know at one time so they wanted to figure it out ... and they did. Now they're onto much deeper things like why do atoms stay together and such, you know, things they don't yet actually know. Even much of the stuff we do know about quantum mechanics a physicist will say "I don't know" when you ask them about it.
It's not the scientists, or the skeptics, who are not afraid of saying we don't know, it's the religious people. Religion is the result of being afraid of not knowing, so some fanciful story is made up to satiate that fear instead of facing it head on. We use science to figure out the things we don't know because it has not let us down yet, not once, it always exposes the frauds and gives us useful answers that have helped our species so much in the last 150 years that ... we're not even in the same state and yet we're talking as if we're in the same room now.
I don't know too much about physics either, only biology and chemistry but we cover a little bit of quantum mechanics.

Yes, we do not know much about quantum mechanics, it's so friggin' confusing and VERY strange, but u got some silly scientists thinking they do and it reminds me of religious nuts who think God came on earth to kill himself! It's either 1 extreme or the other!

But that's technology, and technology is and has been evil! All weapons are thanks to science and technology too. We just can't say that all science/technology has been used for good!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 11 min Thinking 2,239
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 3 hr Thinking 7,667
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 5 hr NoahLovesU 19,150
News Phil Robertson talks against Atheists 12 hr The_Box 139
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 16 hr Reason Personified 166
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 16 hr Reason Personified 14,660
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) Mon NoahLovesU 7,514
More from around the web