Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#157601 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me proof that God DOES NOT exist and then we can talk.
Sure, no problem....You frame your God thing as all loving, kind, compassionate caring. If he exists then none of this happens.

1.) 18,000 children die EVERYDAY as a result of starvation . A particularly painful death. Innocent little children with no idea what is happening to them, the fear and horror on their young minds can only be imagined.

2.) Thousands of children suffer the horror of having a parasitic organism, that your God thought was a splendid idea to create, burrow into their eyeballs.

3.) 20 innocent little children suffer the unbelievable horror of the Sandy Hook massacre. One moment they are being little playful children and the next, they are watching their classmates being torn to shreds and await their turn. Can anyone even begin to fathom the terror hay all felt. And your kind, caring, compassionate God did what?.........yeah, NOTHING!!!!

4.) Every year there are 2 million still births world-wide. You all cry about abortion, yet your God kills 2 million every year.

Rational observation------no kind and loving, caring and compassionate being would allow such horrors to take place.

Conclusion.....No such God exists..........You lose!!!!!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#157602 Mar 1, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"matter are not moving."
Really? Then how come galaxy's collide?
The only galaxies that collide are close together.
The milky way is one of about 30 that are close enough for gravity to attract them together. Everything else in the universe is moving away, and the farther they move away, the faster they are moving away.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#157603 Mar 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If you call expanding from a pinhole size to the size of the milky-way in a thousandth of a second slow then yes.
You see when things explode, gas, debris and matter are flung from the explosion point and flying out within space.
When the universe is expanding , gas debris and matter are not moving. The space is moving and becoming larger. The matter sitting still moves apart because space/time is growing between
it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KicWubSh8AEXX
So space was injected from someplace?

I think some physicists said space was created by the Big Bang.

And space "moves"? Think I said something about that a few times. I also mentioned it exists within a web of filamentous matter. It is gated by those filaments. Moving space can move the space within the gates.

Of course you have issues of the forces between matter being expanded by this moving space.

Think about how that can happen.

Then go plant a seed.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#157604 Mar 1, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so you're in the group that believes the Big Bang was a S L O W explosion of what a singularity?
Where did that singularity come from?
Where did plant come from?
Where did animal life come from?
I'll give you a number to call. You'll get my Son. Ask for my 9 year old granddaughter Sarah, she'll be more than happy to tell you were plants and animals come from.

Your ignorance is very obvious, as soon as you say shit like a S L O W explosion, we know you are completely scientifically illiterate.

Stop embarrassing yourself and read a science book, anyone will do!!

Guess what......i know the time it takes Pluto to go around the sun, and I know that the moon is not made of green cheese. Ask me how I know such things!!!!! It must real suck to be so completely and utterly ignorant. I often wonder why one of the ten commandments doesn't include something about being willfully ignorant......"Thou shalt not remain willfully ignorant."

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#157605 Mar 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>If you call expanding from a pinhole size to the size of the milky-way in a thousandth of a second slow then yes.

You see when things explode, gas, debris and matter are flung from the explosion point and flying out within space.

When the universe is expanding , gas debris and matter are not moving. The space is moving and becoming larger. The matter sitting still moves apart because space/time is growing between
it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =KicWubSh8AEXX
Then that thing that crashed into Russia a couple of weeks ago was not moving?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#157606 Mar 1, 2013
Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Septic is Cockney for American.
What?

"The term Cockney has geographical, cultural and linguistic associations. Traditionally, it refers to people born within a certain area of London, that is covered by "the sound of Bow bells". Geographically and culturally, it is often used to refer to working-class Londoners, particularly those in the East End. Linguistically, it can refer to the accent and form of English spoken by this group."

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#157607 Mar 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, no problem....You frame your God thing as all loving, kind, compassionate caring. If he exists then none of this happens.
1.) 18,000 children die EVERYDAY as a result of starvation . A particularly painful death. Innocent little children with no idea what is happening to them, the fear and horror on their young minds can only be imagined.
2.) Thousands of children suffer the horror of having a parasitic organism, that your God thought was a splendid idea to create, burrow into their eyeballs.
3.) 20 innocent little children suffer the unbelievable horror of the Sandy Hook massacre. One moment they are being little playful children and the next, they are watching their classmates being torn to shreds and await their turn. Can anyone even begin to fathom the terror hay all felt. And your kind, caring, compassionate God did what?.........yeah, NOTHING!!!!
4.) Every year there are 2 million still births world-wide. You all cry about abortion, yet your God kills 2 million every year.
Rational observation------no kind and loving, caring and compassionate being would allow such horrors to take place.
Conclusion.....No such God exists..........You lose!!!!!
Oh, it could if it knew the truth of your existence. You are looking from a very limited perspective, and reacting based on what little you know of the whole thing.

You are programmed to go into shock when things get real bad. The mind shuts that pain right down. Dissociation. No evolutionary advantage to it, really. Unless you can find a real good reason for Momma Nature to do some real fancy wiring to accomplish such a thing.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#157608 Mar 1, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>The only galaxies that collide are close together.
The milky way is one of about 30 that are close enough for gravity to attract them together. Everything else in the universe is moving away, and the farther they move away, the faster they are moving away.
That still is matter moving right?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157609 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
God existing is your assertion, how many times do we have to tell you that proof for god is your homework. I know you hate that but welcome to reality.
Since you are unable to show proof that god exists we have no reason to entertain the idea that he does.
Thank you for demonstrating just how truly helpless you are.
<quoted text>
God NOT existing is your assertion. How many times do we have to tell you that proof for God NOT being real is your homework. I know you hate that but welcome to reality.

Since you are unable to show proof that God doesn't exist, we have no reason to entertain the idea that He doesn't.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#157610 Mar 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'll give you a number to call. You'll get my Son. Ask for my 9 year old granddaughter Sarah, she'll be more than happy to tell you were plants and animals come from.
Your ignorance is very obvious, as soon as you say shit like a S L O W explosion, we know you are completely scientifically illiterate.
Stop embarrassing yourself and read a science book, anyone will do!!
Guess what......i know the time it takes Pluto to go around the sun, and I know that the moon is not made of green cheese. Ask me how I know such things!!!!! It must real suck to be so completely and utterly ignorant. I often wonder why one of the ten commandments doesn't include something about being willfully ignorant......"Thou shalt not remain willfully ignorant."
You would undoubtedly break that one.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157611 Mar 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
Sure, no problem....You frame your God thing as all loving, kind, compassionate caring. If he exists then none of this happens.
Here we go. "No problem", he says....
1.) 18,000 children die EVERYDAY as a result of starvation . A particularly painful death. Innocent little children with no idea what is happening to them, the fear and horror on their young minds can only be imagined.
Starvation caused by man's doings, not Gods.

Besides, there are currently about 2,000,000,000 children on Earth right now, did you thank God that 1,999,820,000 are happy and healthy and well fed?

No?

You should. You're ready to blame God for suffering, you should be ready to thank Him for prosperity.
2.) Thousands of children suffer the horror of having a parasitic organism, that your God thought was a splendid idea to create, burrow into their eyeballs.
God created burrowing parasitic organisms?

How have you come by this knowledge?

How do you know they aren't an accidental spawn of man's doing?
3.) 20 innocent little children suffer the unbelievable horror of the Sandy Hook massacre.
You think God created guns and commanded Lanza to go kill 26 people?!

We all have free will, which unfortunately includes murderous bastards like Lanza.
4.) Every year there are 2 million still births world-wide. You all cry about abortion, yet your God kills 2 million every year.
Again, why do you think God causes still births or miscarriages? Why aren't you ready to blame US, all of us, for our own misdeeds?

I have never cried about abortion. I'm pro-choice, dumb ass.
Rational observation------no kind and loving, caring and compassionate being would allow such horrors to take place.
LMAO!

Are your rational observations peer reviewed?

God allows ALL to take place, from the beautiful little rose to the terrible death of a baby. If He didn't, we wouldn't have free will.
Conclusion.....No such God exists..........You lose!!!!!
Um....

I think you needs more steps. 1-4 have been rightfully shiver up your ass.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157612 Mar 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'll give you a number to call. You'll get my Son. Ask for my 9 year old granddaughter Sarah, she'll be more than happy to tell you were plants and animals come from.
Your ignorance is very obvious, as soon as you say shit like a S L O W explosion, we know you are completely scientifically illiterate.
Stop embarrassing yourself and read a science book, anyone will do!!
Guess what......i know the time it takes Pluto to go around the sun, and I know that the moon is not made of green cheese. Ask me how I know such things!!!!! It must real suck to be so completely and utterly ignorant. I often wonder why one of the ten commandments doesn't include something about being willfully ignorant......"Thou shalt not remain willfully ignorant."
Funny, you can't answer his questions but you call him ignorant.....

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#157613 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Stuff like that is why Revelation should never have been included in the canon. It's Nostradamus-style vague. Why would God inspire a document which only causes confusion?
All I can say there is a following among theologians that believe, the Great Wh*re to be a power influential Church with a troubled history as described in Revelation 17.

You donít have to believe it. Iím just sharing with you the thought of what many to believe is the Great Wh*re in Revelation 17.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#157614 Mar 1, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Then that thing that crashed into Russia a couple of weeks ago was not moving?
You are confused , clearly the effects of gravity is working.

But that isn't what we were talking about, which was the EXPANSION
of the universe. Do try to keep up , and put those goal posts down!
No shifting goal posts, and stop it with the beady eyed thing.
And try to act intelligent, um n/m just sit over there >>>>>>>
And try to keep quiet, this is the forum for above grade school people.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#157615 Mar 1, 2013
I said until proof is shown to demonstrate this or any god I have no reason to believe. Provide evidence and I will happily consider it.

Sorry I know you hate the burden of proof but when you make an assertion something exists, as you have with god, the onus is on you to demonstrate it exists not others to do your homework for you.

I accept your surrender since it is obvious you have failed to provide proof for your assertion.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
God NOT existing is your assertion. How many times do we have to tell you that proof for God NOT being real is your homework. I know you hate that but welcome to reality.
Since you are unable to show proof that God doesn't exist, we have no reason to entertain the idea that He doesn't.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#157616 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Stuff like that is why Revelation should never have been included in the canon. It's Nostradamus-style vague. Why would God inspire a document which only causes confusion?
Why was there ever the craft of Cryptography?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#157617 Mar 1, 2013
Yes we have all heard your angry brand of Protestantism before.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
All I can say there is a following among theologians that believe, the Great Wh*re to be a power influential Church with a troubled history as described in Revelation 17.
You donít have to believe it. Iím just sharing with you the thought of what many to believe is the Great Wh*re in Revelation 17.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#157618 Mar 1, 2013
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
That still is matter moving right?
No it is space expanding. Virtual real estate of
pure space inserted between stuff. Compliments of General Relativity , now tip the waitress and go home . The parties over, the curtains closed don't go away mad....just go away!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#157619 Mar 1, 2013
Are you saying parasitic organisms didn't exist until man?

I notice you assign many properties to this imaginary friend of yours that you call god. First you must demonstrate he exists.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we go. "No problem", he says....
<quoted text>
Starvation caused by man's doings, not Gods.
Besides, there are currently about 2,000,000,000 children on Earth right now, did you thank God that 1,999,820,000 are happy and healthy and well fed?
No?
You should. You're ready to blame God for suffering, you should be ready to thank Him for prosperity.
<quoted text>
God created burrowing parasitic organisms?
How have you come by this knowledge?
How do you know they aren't an accidental spawn of man's doing?
<quoted text>
You think God created guns and commanded Lanza to go kill 26 people?!
We all have free will, which unfortunately includes murderous bastards like Lanza.
<quoted text>
Again, why do you think God causes still births or miscarriages? Why aren't you ready to blame US, all of us, for our own misdeeds?
I have never cried about abortion. I'm pro-choice, dumb ass.
<quoted text>
LMAO!
Are your rational observations peer reviewed?
God allows ALL to take place, from the beautiful little rose to the terrible death of a baby. If He didn't, we wouldn't have free will.
<quoted text>
Um....
I think you needs more steps. 1-4 have been rightfully shiver up your ass.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#157620 Mar 1, 2013
As your future bride Chunky Buck has broken many buffet chairs?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You would undoubtedly break that one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 14 min woodtick57 2,327
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 1 hr _Bad Company 147
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists 4 hr Thinking 3
Is 'naturalism' a bleak philosophical outlook? ... 13 hr Mikko 2
Christians More Supportive of Torture Than Non-... 15 hr Thinking 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) Sat polymath257 23,199
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... Sat Yiago 148
More from around the web