Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,575)

Showing posts 151,481 - 151,500 of223,156
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>I would drop Dave's chunky bride Buck in one hit if he pulled his belly away from the buffet and tried to break bad with me and laugh as he cried. I wouldn't even drop my bottled water.

You old fat white republican Christholes don't scare me in the least Daffy.

Not in the least.
"Liberty wrote:
I am a 32 year old multi-racial man with a Johnson bigger than anyone in your family"

This boy is obviously delusional.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>The fact that science is not omniscient doesn't mean it's wrong. There are many theories about all of the questions you asked, which are all bolstered by objective evidence. Contrast that to religion, which just makes shit up wholecloth. Where did God come from? See?
The answer is "no where" he was always. Nothing made up.
bohart

Morristown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that science is not omniscient doesn't mean it's wrong. There are many theories about all of the questions you asked, which are all bolstered by objective evidence. Contrast that to religion, which just makes shit up wholecloth. Where did God come from? See?
Please give me your objective evidence of how life began?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so you're in the group that believes the Big Bang was a S L O W explosion of what a singularity?
Where did that singularity come from?
Where did plant come from?
Where did animal life come from?
If you call expanding from a pinhole size to the size of the milky-way in a thousandth of a second slow then yes.

You see when things explode, gas, debris and matter are flung from the explosion point and flying out within space.

When the universe is expanding , gas debris and matter are not moving. The space is moving and becoming larger. The matter sitting still moves apart because space/time is growing between
it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Septic is Cockney for American.
Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Septic is that you? Welcome back.
I guess you never really left did ya?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>If you call expanding from a pinhole size to the size of the milky-way in a thousandth of a second slow then yes.

You see when things explode, gas, debris and matter are flung from the explosion point and flying out within space.

When the universe is expanding , gas debris and matter are not moving. The space is moving and becoming larger. The matter sitting still moves apart because space/time is growing between
it.

"matter are not moving."

Really? Then how come galaxy's collide?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

God existing is your assertion, how many times do we have to tell you that proof for god is your homework. I know you hate that but welcome to reality.

Since you are unable to show proof that god exists we have no reason to entertain the idea that he does.

Thank you for demonstrating just how truly helpless you are.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me proof that God DOES NOT exist and then we can talk.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Please give me your objective evidence of how life began?
bookmark this and share w your other religitards

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me proof that God DOES NOT exist and then we can talk.
Sure, no problem....You frame your God thing as all loving, kind, compassionate caring. If he exists then none of this happens.

1.) 18,000 children die EVERYDAY as a result of starvation . A particularly painful death. Innocent little children with no idea what is happening to them, the fear and horror on their young minds can only be imagined.

2.) Thousands of children suffer the horror of having a parasitic organism, that your God thought was a splendid idea to create, burrow into their eyeballs.

3.) 20 innocent little children suffer the unbelievable horror of the Sandy Hook massacre. One moment they are being little playful children and the next, they are watching their classmates being torn to shreds and await their turn. Can anyone even begin to fathom the terror hay all felt. And your kind, caring, compassionate God did what?.........yeah, NOTHING!!!!

4.) Every year there are 2 million still births world-wide. You all cry about abortion, yet your God kills 2 million every year.

Rational observation------no kind and loving, caring and compassionate being would allow such horrors to take place.

Conclusion.....No such God exists..........You lose!!!!!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
"matter are not moving."
Really? Then how come galaxy's collide?
The only galaxies that collide are close together.
The milky way is one of about 30 that are close enough for gravity to attract them together. Everything else in the universe is moving away, and the farther they move away, the faster they are moving away.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> If you call expanding from a pinhole size to the size of the milky-way in a thousandth of a second slow then yes.
it.
So space was injected from someplace?

I think some physicists said space was created by the Big Bang.

And space "moves"? Think I said something about that a few times. I also mentioned it exists within a web of filamentous matter. It is gated by those filaments. Moving space can move the space within the gates.

Of course you have issues of the forces between matter being expanded by this moving space.

Think about how that can happen.

Then go plant a seed.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok so you're in the group that believes the Big Bang was a S L O W explosion of what a singularity?
Where did that singularity come from?
Where did plant come from?
Where did animal life come from?
I'll give you a number to call. You'll get my Son. Ask for my 9 year old granddaughter Sarah, she'll be more than happy to tell you were plants and animals come from.

Your ignorance is very obvious, as soon as you say shit like a S L O W explosion, we know you are completely scientifically illiterate.

Stop embarrassing yourself and read a science book, anyone will do!!

Guess what......i know the time it takes Pluto to go around the sun, and I know that the moon is not made of green cheese. Ask me how I know such things!!!!! It must real suck to be so completely and utterly ignorant. I often wonder why one of the ten commandments doesn't include something about being willfully ignorant......"Thou shalt not remain willfully ignorant."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>If you call expanding from a pinhole size to the size of the milky-way in a thousandth of a second slow then yes.

it.

Then that thing that crashed into Russia a couple of weeks ago was not moving?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>Septic is Cockney for American.
What?

"The term Cockney has geographical, cultural and linguistic associations. Traditionally, it refers to people born within a certain area of London, that is covered by "the sound of Bow bells". Geographically and culturally, it is often used to refer to working-class Londoners, particularly those in the East End. Linguistically, it can refer to the accent and form of English spoken by this group."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, no problem....You frame your God thing as all loving, kind, compassionate caring. If he exists then none of this happens.
1.) 18,000 children die EVERYDAY as a result of starvation . A particularly painful death. Innocent little children with no idea what is happening to them, the fear and horror on their young minds can only be imagined.
2.) Thousands of children suffer the horror of having a parasitic organism, that your God thought was a splendid idea to create, burrow into their eyeballs.
3.) 20 innocent little children suffer the unbelievable horror of the Sandy Hook massacre. One moment they are being little playful children and the next, they are watching their classmates being torn to shreds and await their turn. Can anyone even begin to fathom the terror hay all felt. And your kind, caring, compassionate God did what?.........yeah, NOTHING!!!!
4.) Every year there are 2 million still births world-wide. You all cry about abortion, yet your God kills 2 million every year.
Rational observation------no kind and loving, caring and compassionate being would allow such horrors to take place.
Oh, it could if it knew the truth of your existence. You are looking from a very limited perspective, and reacting based on what little you know of the whole thing.

You are programmed to go into shock when things get real bad. The mind shuts that pain right down. Dissociation. No evolutionary advantage to it, really. Unless you can find a real good reason for Momma Nature to do some real fancy wiring to accomplish such a thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>The only galaxies that collide are close together.
The milky way is one of about 30 that are close enough for gravity to attract them together. Everything else in the universe is moving away, and the farther they move away, the faster they are moving away.
That still is matter moving right?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
God existing is your assertion, how many times do we have to tell you that proof for god is your homework. I know you hate that but welcome to reality.
Since you are unable to show proof that god exists we have no reason to entertain the idea that he does.
Thank you for demonstrating just how truly helpless you are.
<quoted text>
God NOT existing is your assertion. How many times do we have to tell you that proof for God NOT being real is your homework. I know you hate that but welcome to reality.

Since you are unable to show proof that God doesn't exist, we have no reason to entertain the idea that He doesn't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'll give you a number to call. You'll get my Son. Ask for my 9 year old granddaughter Sarah, she'll be more than happy to tell you were plants and animals come from.
Your ignorance is very obvious, as soon as you say shit like a S L O W explosion, we know you are completely scientifically illiterate.
Guess what......i know the time it takes Pluto to go around the sun, and I know that the moon is not made of green cheese. Ask me how I know such things!!!!! It must real suck to be so completely and utterly ignorant. I often wonder why one of the ten commandments doesn't include something about being willfully ignorant......"Thou shalt not remain willfully ignorant."
You would undoubtedly break that one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
Sure, no problem....You frame your God thing as all loving, kind, compassionate caring. If he exists then none of this happens.
Here we go. "No problem", he says....
Starvation caused by man's doings, not Gods.

Besides, there are currently about 2,000,000,000 children on Earth right now, did you thank God that 1,999,820,000 are happy and healthy and well fed?

No?

You should. You're ready to blame God for suffering, you should be ready to thank Him for prosperity.
God created burrowing parasitic organisms?

How have you come by this knowledge?

How do you know they aren't an accidental spawn of man's doing?
3.) 20 innocent little children suffer the unbelievable horror of the Sandy Hook massacre.
You think God created guns and commanded Lanza to go kill 26 people?!

We all have free will, which unfortunately includes murderous bastards like Lanza.
Again, why do you think God causes still births or miscarriages? Why aren't you ready to blame US, all of us, for our own misdeeds?

I have never cried about abortion. I'm pro-choice, dumb ass.
LMAO!

Are your rational observations peer reviewed?

God allows ALL to take place, from the beautiful little rose to the terrible death of a baby. If He didn't, we wouldn't have free will.
Um....

I think you needs more steps. 1-4 have been rightfully shiver up your ass.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I'll give you a number to call. You'll get my Son. Ask for my 9 year old granddaughter Sarah, she'll be more than happy to tell you were plants and animals come from.
Funny, you can't answer his questions but you call him ignorant.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 151,481 - 151,500 of223,156
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••