Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 254898 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#157512 Mar 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>You are born speaking the truth. You have to learn how to lie.
You are born with magical thinking.

You have to out grow it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#157513 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>Quiet fatboy the Cartman I'm just big boned excuse won't fly here :)

Your DNA example doesn't work because, first it's a natural occurrence and was mentioned only after being observed and properly documented unlike the god created during campfire tales of desert nomads who sacrificed goats while chanting about their deity.

If you weren't so fat, ugly and stupid you could tell the difference between the two.

Again the concept of DNA was presented after observable and testable data was produced. The concept of god was presented during animal sacrifices by desert nomads who thought the earth was flat and created during the Bronze Age.

Green leafy vegetables Buck, go buy and eat some.
I shudder to think what Bucky would be like without Jesus.

I think it's better we let him have his fantasy.

Since: Mar 11

Chicago, IL

#157514 Mar 1, 2013
So your Alzheimer's tells you babies are born speaking? Sure Dave they are born, cleaned up, wrapped in a blanket and start discussing stock prices with the parents and hospital staff.

I notice you and Buck have both been praising Jesus today and bashing the Catholic Church. Shall we chalk this up to your pillow talk with you caressing his ample man-breasts or have you two found your church for the big day? Have you got Buck his wedding gown yet?
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are born speaking the truth. You have to learn how to lie.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157515 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
But I'm sure if they forced you to watch Battlefield Earth you'd complain. Hell, I think the UN would rush to your defense.
Well, der..... No one wants to watch a crappy Travolta movie.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157516 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why you say that, you are an atheist too. Or do you accept the claims of every religion?
Oh no, not this argument again.....

With that logic, I'm an atheist because I believe in one God.?

But you know the definition of an atheist is a person that has no beliefs in any gods.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157517 Mar 1, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion teaches you to lie for its dogma.
All babies are atheists.
All children are atheists until they reach an age where they can truly understand religious doctrine.
There is so much more to consider when parents proclaim that their little ones are Christian or Jewish or Hindu or Muslim and so on.
To say that someone is "Christian" is to say that the someone understands:
1) the story of the life of Jesus as told in the Bible
(2) the concepts of heaven and hell
(3) the concept of "faith" in an invisible entity
(4) sin
(5) forgiveness
(6) the Triune God
(7) communion
With all this complicated theology in mind, picture a 5-month-old infant contentedly filling her diaper, and try to convince anyone that she understands all of the above.
Awesome. So then no one is born gay. They must reach a certain level of maturity to understand sexual behavior and/or "friendly" encounters.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#157518 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>LMMFGDAO!

Ya, and my last name is Lamborghini, I fly them to the moon and scare off the alien invasion force.
I was with him.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157519 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
That's what the creationist sites and your hero Eric Hovind says and you fall for that? Yabba Dabba Do!
Bwahahahahahahahahaha!
<quoted text>
You have a very closed mind.

I told you....

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#157520 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>I've never heard of the ica stones until today. But I've been reading up on them. The ones you can see being made at their museum are replicas for sale, like a replica Declaration of Independence, or a Mona Lisa. They aren't being advertised as the real deal.

They real ones have a natural varnish on them, caused by bacteria that takes a few thousand years to settle & turn into varnish, all of the "real" ones have that same varnish on the rocks and on the scrapings.

Until you've done exhaustive scientific research on them, it's only your atheist indoctrinated closed-mindedness that makes you scream "GODDIDIT!"
No.

Hovinddidit.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#157521 Mar 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Got it!!!

That virtual safe place appeared again and I whacked it with a hammer. It ain't going no place anymore. One dead virtual safe place.

Real physics trumps math.
Dolt.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#157522 Mar 1, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, if God's murder rate is less than your arbitrary definition of modern warfare, then God's murders are OK? By that logic, we can determine that the slaughter of the Hugenot by the Catholics in France was morally OK because the death rate was lower than WW2. WTF?
<quoted text>
Obviously you've never read the Bible.
I would wager that not a single Xtian poster in this forum has ever read their Bible. There is entirely too much biblical ignorance on display by those that should have at least taken the trouble to read their 'Operators manual' aka the Bible.

The comments are predictable and almost robotic from years of indoctrination by the clergy.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#157523 Mar 1, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>Religion teaches you to lie for its dogma.

All babies are atheists.

All children are atheists until they reach an age where they can truly understand religious doctrine.

There is so much more to consider when parents proclaim that their little ones are Christian or Jewish or Hindu or Muslim and so on.

To say that someone is "Christian" is to say that the someone understands:
1) the story of the life of Jesus as told in the Bible
(2) the concepts of heaven and hell
(3) the concept of "faith" in an invisible entity
(4) sin
(5) forgiveness
(6) the Triune God
(7) communion

With all this complicated theology in mind, picture a 5-month-old infant contentedly filling her diaper, and try to convince anyone that she understands all of the above.
Apparently, she does understand and is filling her diaper with what she thinks of it.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#157524 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
<quoted text>So your Alzheimer's tells you babies are born speaking? Sure Dave they are born, cleaned up, wrapped in a blanket and start discussing stock prices with the parents and hospital staff.

I notice you and Buck have both been praising Jesus today and bashing the Catholic Church. Shall we chalk this up to your pillow talk with you caressing his ample man-breasts or have you two found your church for the big day? Have you got Buck his wedding gown yet?
ROFLMAO!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#157525 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no, not this argument again.....

But you know the definition of an atheist is a person that has no beliefs in any gods.
More accurately, you are atheist with respect to all gods other than your own personal god.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#157526 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Awesome. So then no one is born gay. They must reach a certain level of maturity to understand sexual behavior and/or "friendly" encounters.
I believe you have fallen of the track again and drifted into gay-phobia.

However... I shall indulge your desire to comprehend homosexuality among living species on our planet.

10-12% of ALL humans are homosexual. And this goes back to the beginning of time.

Take the time to read the entire article.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexuality

Chicago, IL

#157527 Mar 1, 2013
:)

Just imagine George Burns cuddling a big fatass creationist man and telling him, you gotta see these magnets and strings in my garage! Buck says, you had me at eat! Dave says, I actually said see not eat but whatever.

Boom chickie bow wow....

:)
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO!

Chicago, IL

#157528 Mar 1, 2013
You know after that post of his I pity him. No I am being totally serious.

I show an example of this creationist good hugging this forged stone that the man admitted he made by using dinosaur pictures from comic books and then using cow dung to give the stones an aged look. The creationist Ben after being told they are forged takes his pictures with them anyways because his faith tells him they just can't all be forged! It's something people laugh at and ridicule the loser about.

RR sees it and seriously thinks this proves that there was dinosaurs stomping around Peru alongside tribal man.

Wow. Unholy hell wow.
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
Hovinddidit.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#157529 Mar 1, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you said it creates gravity. That is wrong.
Mass, gravity, whatever it is under that theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higgs_boson

Interesting, but the "curved space/time" is a hoot.

http://www.higgs-boson.org/

I told you a dozen times what gravity is, and you still think it is a number.

BTW, that sophistric bullshit they use in describing physics isn't really needed, unless they need to bullshit.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#157530 Mar 1, 2013
These poor Topix atheists haven't got a clue about what is being pulled on them.

We will leave them to their fantasies. Easier than really working.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#157531 Mar 1, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh no, not this argument again.....
An atheist is a skeptic of religious claims. I just go one religion further than you do, that's all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Religion Down Suicide Up 5 min Cujo 61
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 6 min Uncle Sam 11,372
What is of greater value for humanity: Chrisita... 11 min Cujo 349
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 24 min Chimney1 29,470
Atheism is not a belief 3 hr Brian_G 186
News Revered Artist Was an Atheist Who Rejected God.... 4 hr woodtick57 41
News Abir Abdullah/EPA, via NewscomIn Bangladesh, Go... 4 hr NightSerf 1
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 5 hr Richardfs 9,593
News In America, atheists are still in the closet (Apr '12) 7 hr Cheshire smile 50,932
More from around the web