Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 20 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#157449 Mar 1, 2013
T-Town Clown wrote:
<quoted text>yer posts are vulgar...
just sayin
I see the mental institute has released you as well

Hows you sister clownie, still giving her plenty?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157450 Mar 1, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me, we can stop it.
You CANNOT stop public prayer, fool. We are JUST AS protected as you are.

#157451 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:

Even Theists in other countries shake their head when they hear about it.
<quoted text>
Yup, very true

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#157452 Mar 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope battle of science and facts vs faith and guesswork
Abiogensis and evolution are not the same thing, evolution is completely understood, abiogenesis isnít but science is working on it.
Yeah, keep the faith they will find it.

And when they do, you will also have the proof we were created.

None of your creations happen with out a cause by you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157453 Mar 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am exactly as sure as you are but I am backed up by mathematics, logic, facts and science.
There is no mathematics, logic, facts or science that agrees with your assumption that God doesn't exist.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157454 Mar 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope battle of science and facts vs faith and guesswork
Abiogensis and evolution are not the same thing, evolution is completely understood, abiogenesis isnít but science is working on it.
Darwinian evolution relies on abiogenesis.

Darwin said so himself.

Without abiogenesis, the evolutionary framework collapses.

Oh,...the main reason abiogenesis is not understood is that it has never been observed in the history of science, nor has any evidence ever been observed for it.

#157455 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
He may wish to reconsider that. When he sees what Buck really looks like even though he has those large breasts Dave may cut his eyes out instead of his fingers next time.
<quoted text>
LOL

#157456 Mar 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Who, or what, eh?
That was an interesting drive home for 25 miles with my pupils dilated.
Try antrop[ine

Wacth out for buck with that smooching, he may like it

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157457 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Pretty early for you to be humiliating yourself already isn't it?
In more sane news...
http://news.yahoo.com/1st-photo-alien-planet-...
And what do you know? It's forming by natural processes. No sky wizard or anything supernatural in the least.
<quoted text>
"Astronomers have captured what may be"

"MAY be"

But you take it as fact.

You're a good little indoctrianted dumb ass follower.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157458 Mar 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to your cell mate?
Hows it going Buck, have they let you out again?
,,,,Maybe,...what did you have in mind?

Westcliffe, CO

#157459 Mar 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I am exactly as sure as you are but I am backed up by mathematics, logic, facts and science.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no mathematics, logic, facts or science that agrees with your assumption that God doesn't exist.
The girl doesn't understand you have to have a one before you can start using your numbers. The concept is just completely absent from her mind.

Westcliffe, CO

#157460 Mar 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Try antrop[ine
Wacth out for buck with that smooching, he may like it
How much do you suggest? A gallon, maybe?

Don't need it now. I survived.

Hey, wanna do a threesome?

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#157461 Mar 1, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, lovey, you don't understand the things you read, and thus "know".
Modern scientific thinking believes there is a switch called the Higgs' boson creating gravity.
Wrong. Interaction with the Higg's boson creates *mass* in *some* particles. It turns out not to be the process for things like protons and neutrons.
That is a process within a particle 30-40 times more massive than a proton. Don't know how they missed that all of these years.
Actually, the Higg's particle is about 133 times as massive as a proton. It was theorized about 40 years ago, but it turns out not to be so easy to produce and recognize particles of that mass, so it wasn't actually observed until recently. Separating the signal of the Higg's from the background is a big part of the problem.
Anyhow, that is the magical mystical belief of modern physics. I'm a little more realistic with gravity being a lesser density created by motion within the medium of space. Which means we are part of a larger universe. None of this popping outta nuttin' you believe in.
My consciousness was oriented to gravity, but it sure wasn't confined by it during my NDE. There was an odd switching going on binding me to this body. Happens in your dreams, too.
Not realistic *at all*. We know the properties of gravity very well above the quantum level. Your vague ideas don't even come close to describing how it works. Your delusions have no bearing on the actual physics.
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#157462 Mar 1, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there are. Plenty of evidence.
So Christians cannot defend their own sources? How else could they? You are accusing them of lying, being biased?
Think about that logically.
If the events DID happen ... how else is it to be reported? By those that witnessed it. And if they witnessed it, then they would be convinced that Jesus was God, and that it was all true.
What you are really saying if that you do not trust all the thousands of people during that time period of telling the truth. You are saying you don't trust people. You are saying they are primitive, and superstitious, and backwards. That is what you are saying.
And that tells me that you are a very bad person, and very contemptuous, and that you, yourself, cannot ever be trusted. If you do not see the folly of your own utterly irrational mind and total lack of logic ... the very notion that those that had been there 2000 years ago are not qualified to tell the truth, but you are? You know better than all those people back then?
Please, I dare you to rationalize your position. I dare you.
You do know that the Romans were fanatical about their record keeping. Every event, ever person excited, or crucified. And you do know that NOWHERE in Roman records during that time period is there any mention of the crucifixion of one Jesus Christ who thought he was a GOD. Pretty important event wouldn't you say. They have records of the crucifixions of common criminals, but non for someone claiming to be the son of God. Why is that? Could it just be that IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!! Just another nail in the coffin for the Jesus myth!!!!!

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#157463 Mar 1, 2013
You know what's funny fatboy? I mean other than watching you avoid green leafy vegetables and breaking chairs at the buffet?

When something actually exists we can show observable evidence for it and not rely on 2 penny philosophical word games to demonstrate it.

What time does the buffet open today fatass? I am sure they have bought some reinforced chairs for your big date with your future groom Dave.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know nothing supernatural is present?
You can't possibly.
And if an unknown creative force were acting in natural processes, it would not be "supernatural" would it?
It would be natural.
Are you aware of every single thing that exists in natural processes?
If not, you can't judge whether something is "supernatural".
And if you did, and if it ever acted in natural processes, it would no longer be "supernatural".
Don't you hope I'm not watching next time you attempt to look smart?

Westcliffe, CO

#157464 Mar 1, 2013
http://www.cnn.com/video/...

Very cool video of Space X launch.

Lexington, KY

#157465 Mar 1, 2013
:)
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157466 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
When something actually exists we can show observable evidence for it and not rely on 2 penny philosophical word games to demonstrate it.
Then why don't you show that the alien planet is forming without supernatural aid.

Go for it.

Put up or shut up, you piece of shit.

“Ignore the trolls”

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

#157467 Mar 1, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
No, it's a matter of telling the truth. Perception doesn't matter, and never will. The world does not changed based on perceptions, but facts. Water can be channeled into aqueducts, that is a fact, not a perception.
Christianity is not based on soft, fuzzy ideas. It either is based on facts, or it is not. Either Jesus was God, or he was a lying fraud and very dangerous. There is no perception, there are just facts.
No, it is not a book of science. It is a TESTIMONY of what was witnessed then, and preserved for future generations, like any other book. Who are you, 2000 years later, to accuse the witnesses and writers of lying and fraud?
If it means so little to you, then I accuse your ancestors of being pedophiles and gas chamber operators. Now ... defend them, or they are guilty. Prove your ancestors did not operate the gas chambers, or rape children. Prove it!
You really don't see it, do you?
Sorry, wrong. None of the New Testament is eye witness. Therefore it cannot be testimony. Suggest you research before you post incorrect facts.

As to my beliefs - you have no idea of my views on the Bible.

And your final puerile comments about gas chambers and paediophilia is as offensive as your lack of knowledge of the bible. Incidently, logical fallacy - you cannot prove a negative - if you wish to post such unpleasant bile it is incumbent for you to prove the spite you post.

Good to see the values that you have - I did not insult you, nor did I make allegations about any of your forebearers, yet you feel it perfectly acceptable to do that to me. Is that what christianity teaches you?

Lexington, KY

#157468 Mar 1, 2013
Someone with. 9th grade education could tell you science doesn't seek out to disprove imaginary concepts. They work in something we call reality.

Your god is just an imaginary construct until you are able to show observable evidence. You know actual proof?

Oh that's right you have up trying that and now just throw temper tantrums like a petulant child screwing that nobody can prove the monster under your bed, tooth fairy, Santa Claus and god doesn't exist.

We accept your surrender half wit. As your betters we just chuckle at your temper tantrums now.

:)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 12 min Denisova 18,852
News Confessions of a black atheist 5 hr Mikko 475
why Atheists believe in incest,pedophilia and b... Sun Amused 25
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) Sun thetruth 6,124
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) Sun thetruth 2,094
News The Consequences of Atheism Sat Koala_Gums 1,340
News Gary Gutting and Alvin Plantinga "Is Atheism Ir... Sat geezerjock 1
More from around the web