Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258512 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#157473 Mar 1, 2013
New planet forming by all natural processes!

http://news.yahoo.com/1st-photo-alien-planet-...

Neato!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157474 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Shhh petulant child. Your temper tantrum doesn't change reality. It's forming by natural processes.
Your opinion doesn't qualify as a scientific theory.

Sorry bout yer luck, chuck.
CunningLinguist

Winter Garden, FL

#157475 Mar 1, 2013
Yankee Yahoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidently, I have to repost again, because you didn't read it the first time, or you are mentally challenged.
Typical ignorance.
Christianity 101. All that is evil can only exist by an act of free will. This does not negate the power God may exercise to make something good emerge from a tragedy.
Just as family members who might lose a loved one to cancer, to make something good turn out of it by starting a new cancer-aware program.
A logical atheists would know this, and would not make this error. A rational atheists takes the time to learn the theology, before making such foolish remarks.
Science is inquiry. Religion is presupposition. Reasoning people do not accept religious dogma without evidence. We may never know all the answers, but science has solved a great deal of the most important questions. Religion has an answer for everything, but solutions to nothing.

CHRISTIANITY 101

The most evil, vile, heartless, and inhumane massacres, genocides, and subjugation have been performed and instigated by none other then Christians and their imperialistic and racially motivated conquests.

It was Christians who nearly wiped out the entire Native American race by exterminating over 50 Million of them. It was Christians who have murdered 60-90 Million Africans, and tortured the rest for over 400 years, it was Christians who puppeted the Spanish Inquisition, Hitler and his entire staff were Christians themselves.

You people are the definition of the word hypocrite. You run up in other people’s countries, and brainwash the innocent into believing that their way of life is inferior to yours, and that if one does not accept "Jesus Christ" as their savior they will burn in Hell eternally. But I ask you who’s to say that Christians follow Jesus?

The bottom line is, the most evil actions ever performed on the face of the earth, are attributed to none other then European/American Christians, and their conquests in the name of greed and capitalism.

Christianity was always meant to be a bloody religion, as it was fashioned by Constantine who saw a cross in his dream and with it he read "In this sign we shall conquer".

All this and the simple fact is that Jesus himself did not even sanctify Christianity.

Nowhere in the bible did the word Christianity comes out of his mouth, as he instructed his disciples to keep the original commandments given by the most high.

Jesus never said "worship me", nor did he claim to be God. Jesus DID in fact state however that "Many in the future shall come in his name, but believe them not, for they are liars". Jesus was born a Hebrew, lived as a Hebrew, taught as a Hebrew, and died a Hebrew.

If Christians alone have the truth, then why is it that it was only they who believed that the Earth was flat, when the rest of the civilized world in fact knew it was spherical in shape, thousands of years before Jesus was even on the scene?

If Christians alone know the truth, then why is it that they thought that the Earth was the center of the universe, when the rest of the world knew that that was false?

Why is it that Christians had absolutely NO knowledge of astronomy, the stars, or outer space, when the rest of the world had advances astronomical knowledge complete with solar and lunar calendars?

Christians have not only been the most violent people on the earth, but they have also been the stupidest. And History will backs up that fact.

So please, spare us the BS, and the half-ass biblical recitals.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#157476 Mar 1, 2013
In that video of the Space X launch, watch the exhaust and other features. This is very carefully engineered transfers of energy and regulation of such. LOTSA math. Notice you don't get perfect static looking exhaust. There are fluctuations caused by feedback within the processes, but you get the overall effect. Those minute actions aren't accounted for in the design and process. That is not virtual particles. That is real life. Doesn't take much to skew thing so it doesn't work. That is one simple launch.

Polymath and Topix idiots, I'm sorry, I meant atheists, believe in the infallibility of their numbers from observing a very small portion of what we can see, a very small portion, even on the local scale, and then applied to an entire universe and existence.

BTW, this is close to home. But they missed it for a long time.

http://scitechdaily.com/nasa-discovers-a-thir...

Polymath and company would call it a virtual process, when in fact it is a reality they couldn't account for in their "models".

Westcliffe, CO

#157477 Mar 1, 2013
Topix atheists are mesmerized and hypnotized by the priests of scientism, believing we are going to figure it all out, just keep filling their tithe boxes and leave offerings for the greater glory of man. Some day we will figure it all out. Have faith.

This lovely abstract idea that man will conquer all.

When all you have to do is read their science and realize man ain't gonna get there. Evolution won't allow it, and neither will the universe. Dinosaurs lasted a lot longer than man has or will.

Where does that leave a Topix atheist that put their heart and soul and unquestioning belief in The Truth of Science?

Buried with sucker stamped on their foreheads.

Men made religion, men made "science".

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157478 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Someone with. 9th grade education could tell you science doesn't seek out to disprove imaginary concepts.
Ya, ya, ya. And someone with a 9th grade education would know there's no period in between "with" and "9th".
Your god is just an imaginary construct
More unsubstantiated opinion? Does it ever end?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157479 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
New planet forming by all natural processes!
http://news.yahoo.com/1st-photo-alien-planet-...
Neato!
"captured what may be"

"shows a faint blob"

"If our discovery is indeed a forming planet"

"The possible planet"

"material around the planet-blob"

Real scientists understand the concept of "maybe". Topix scientists think every little blog and "study" is evidence.

Scottsburg, IN

#157482 Mar 1, 2013
By natural, observable processes :)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"captured what may be"
"shows a faint blob"
"If our discovery is indeed a forming planet"
"The possible planet"
"material around the planet-blob"
Real scientists understand the concept of "maybe". Topix scientists think every little blog and "study" is evidence.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157483 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
By natural, observable processes :)
<quoted text>
Observable?

Oh, I see. You're under the assumption tha we can observe that planet for the next, what, 4.3 billion years.

Lemme know how that goes.

Scottsburg, IN

#157484 Mar 1, 2013
Hey Buck, RR, Geriatric Dave! Check out your hero!

http://www.creationtoday.org/journey-to-peru-...

Posing with those Ica stones as proof for your Genesis story!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ica_stones

In 1973 during an interview with Erich von Däniken, Uschuya stated he had faked the stones.[2] In 1975 Uschuya and another farmer named Irma Gutierrez de Aparcana confirmed that they had forged the stones they gave to Cabrera by copying the images from comic books, text books and magazines. Later Uschuya recanted the forging story during an interview with a German journalist, saying that he had claimed they were a hoax to avoid imprisonment for selling archaeological artifacts. In 1977, during the BBC documentary Pathway to the Gods, Uschuya produced an Ica stone with a dentist's drill and claimed to have produced the patina by baking the stone in cow dung. That same year, another BBC documentary was released with a skeptical analysis of Cabrera's stones, and the newfound attention to the phenomenon prompted Peruvian authorities to arrest Uschuya, as Peruvian law prohibits the sale of archaeological discoveries. Uschuya recanted his claim that he had found them and instead admitted they were hoaxes, saying "Making these stones is easier than farming the land." He engraved the stones using images in books and magazines as examples and knives, chisels and a dental drill. He also said that he had not made all the stones. He was not punished, and continued to sell similar stones to tourists as trinkets. The stones continued to be made and carved by other artists as forgeries of the original forgeries.

Way to go Eric! Your Daddy in prison and your absolute truth is a forgery made lieterally with bullsht! Hug that bullsht Eric! Cheese it up for the cameras!:))

Buck Crick

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#157485 Mar 1, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>You do know that the Romans were fanatical about their record keeping. Every event, ever person excited, or crucified. And you do know that NOWHERE in Roman records during that time period is there any mention of the crucifixion of one Jesus Christ who thought he was a GOD. Pretty important event wouldn't you say. They have records of the crucifixions of common criminals, but non for someone claiming to be the son of God. Why is that? Could it just be that IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!! Just another nail in the coffin for the Jesus myth!!!!!
Jesus did not think he was God - not in any special sense.

He twice escaped stoning by declaring that he was NOT God.

He said we are all sons of God. He said those he left behind could do anything he did, even greater things.

It was Paul and the Roman church who put the claim of being God in Jesus' mouth.

Paul nor anyone in the Roman church ever met Jesus.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#157486 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You know what's funny fatboy? I mean other than watching you avoid green leafy vegetables and breaking chairs at the buffet?
When something actually exists we can show observable evidence for it and not rely on 2 penny philosophical word games to demonstrate it.
What time does the buffet open today fatass? I am sure they have bought some reinforced chairs for your big date with your future groom Dave.
<quoted text>
Wrong again, GiveMeLiverwurst.

Many things have existed for long periods of time while nobody could show observable evidence of it. Ever heard of the DNA double-helix? Did it begin to exist at the same time as the microscope?

FYI, I am not fat. I weigh 325 and have a lower body fat percentage than you, most likely. And I doubt YOU can bench 500 lb., either.

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#157487 Mar 1, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is inquiry. Religion is presupposition. Reasoning people do not accept religious dogma without evidence. We may never know all the answers, but science has solved a great deal of the most important questions. Religion has an answer for everything, but solutions to nothing.
CHRISTIANITY 101
The most evil, vile, heartless, and inhumane massacres, genocides, and subjugation have been performed and instigated by none other then Christians and their imperialistic and racially motivated conquests.
It was Christians who nearly wiped out the entire Native American race by exterminating over 50 Million of them. It was Christians who have murdered 60-90 Million Africans, and tortured the rest for over 400 years, it was Christians who puppeted the Spanish Inquisition, Hitler and his entire staff were Christians themselves.
You people are the definition of the word hypocrite. You run up in other people’s countries, and brainwash the innocent into believing that their way of life is inferior to yours, and that if one does not accept "Jesus Christ" as their savior they will burn in Hell eternally. But I ask you who’s to say that Christians follow Jesus?
The bottom line is, the most evil actions ever performed on the face of the earth, are attributed to none other then European/American Christians, and their conquests in the name of greed and capitalism.
Christianity was always meant to be a bloody religion, as it was fashioned by Constantine who saw a cross in his dream and with it he read "In this sign we shall conquer".
All this and the simple fact is that Jesus himself did not even sanctify Christianity.
Nowhere in the bible did the word Christianity comes out of his mouth, as he instructed his disciples to keep the original commandments given by the most high.
Jesus never said "worship me", nor did he claim to be God. Jesus DID in fact state however that "Many in the future shall come in his name, but believe them not, for they are liars". Jesus was born a Hebrew, lived as a Hebrew, taught as a Hebrew, and died a Hebrew.
If Christians alone have the truth, then why is it that it was only they who believed that the Earth was flat, when the rest of the civilized world in fact knew it was spherical in shape, thousands of years before Jesus was even on the scene?
If Christians alone know the truth, then why is it that they thought that the Earth was the center of the universe, when the rest of the world knew that that was false?
Why is it that Christians had absolutely NO knowledge of astronomy, the stars, or outer space, when the rest of the world had advances astronomical knowledge complete with solar and lunar calendars?
Christians have not only been the most violent people on the earth, but they have also been the stupidest. And History will backs up that fact.
So please, spare us the BS, and the half-ass biblical recitals.
And they are not good dancers. You forgot that.

Westcliffe, CO

#157488 Mar 1, 2013
In the times of Jesus you paid homage to the gods of the Romans, of the god of the Jews, or the gods of someone.

Via the priests.

Failure to do so could bring castrophe upon your ass here, or in the hereafter.

Pay up.

Fear was induced.

Then along comes this figure known as Jesus. A real rebel. Bucking the religious establisment, and knowing he was going to get killed doing such. The boy knew how things worked.

His message was simple. Follow the laws of the land. That maintains society while you are here.

Another was you have a direct link with the creator of the universe. You don't have to support the priests and think the way they tell you to. Catastrophe befell his ass because of that last one. A catastrophe he foresaw.

To conquer death you only have to die. Believe what he says about a life hereafter, and you will have one. He was dying to either carve out a new section of existence, or the creator was reserving space for him and those who believed in him. Jesus was the ultimate spirit guide.

So he died.

This story is of a fellow human being with an unusual insight into existence and the faith in the creative force of existence to free men from fear in this existence. An escape from the tyranny of man over man.

This guy should really appeal to Topix atheists.

This appealed to lots of people of the time. It was defintiely something of a higher order than just slaving away your time to the material benefit of other men. This even appealed to men way up on the ladder, with something to lose if such anarchy got out of hand. But from this the ubiversal brotherhood of man arose. Brotherhood beyond your tribe or nation.

Unfortunately, a religion, with priests and livings to be had, arose from this over time, when the event was just something written down.

Jesus is a rather noble character. But what do Topix atheists do?

They don't show much class.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157489 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Never heard of him....

Buck Crick

Location hidden

#157490 Mar 1, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Posing with those Ica stones as proof for your Genesis story!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ica_stones
In 1973 during an interview with Erich von Däniken, Uschuya stated he had faked the stones.[2] In 1975 Uschuya and another farmer named Irma Gutierrez de Aparcana confirmed that they had forged the stones they gave to Cabrera by copying the images from comic books, text books and magazines. Later Uschuya recanted the forging story during an interview with a German journalist, saying that he had claimed they were a hoax to avoid imprisonment for selling archaeological artifacts. In 1977, during the BBC documentary Pathway to the Gods, Uschuya produced an Ica stone with a dentist's drill and claimed to have produced the patina by baking the stone in cow dung. That same year, another BBC documentary was released with a skeptical analysis of Cabrera's stones, and the newfound attention to the phenomenon prompted Peruvian authorities to arrest Uschuya, as Peruvian law prohibits the sale of archaeological discoveries. Uschuya recanted his claim that he had found them and instead admitted they were hoaxes, saying "Making these stones is easier than farming the land." He engraved the stones using images in books and magazines as examples and knives, chisels and a dental drill. He also said that he had not made all the stones. He was not punished, and continued to sell similar stones to tourists as trinkets. The stones continued to be made and carved by other artists as forgeries of the original forgeries.
Way to go Eric! Your Daddy in prison and your absolute truth is a forgery made lieterally with bullsht! Hug that bullsht Eric! Cheese it up for the cameras!:))
My hero??

You have no clue.

I have no heroes - well, Ted Nugent and G. Gordon Liddy come close. Have to throw in Anthony Munoz. I was starting beside him in pre-season till I got high and got arrested in Miami with two shotguns and dynamite in my truck.

Don't ask.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157491 Mar 1, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
My hero??
You have no clue.
I have no heroes - well, Ted Nugent and G. Gordon Liddy come close. Have to throw in Anthony Munoz. I was starting beside him in pre-season till I got high and got arrested in Miami with two shotguns and dynamite in my truck.
Don't ask.
My hero is Captain Picard.

No, Kirk...

No... Picard...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#157492 Mar 1, 2013
Givemegaymen wrote:
Cheese it up for the cameras!
Is that what Papa told you to do?
blacklagoon

Jamaica Plain, MA

#157493 Mar 1, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
My hero??
You have no clue.
Don't ask.
Just before the hockey season started, I was going to play on defense, my partners was going to be Bobby Orr, but got caught with a small nuclear bomb in my $200,000 Ferrari, bright yellow, and a couple of advanced laser weapons the government had been secretly working on. Yeah, I was also part of a secrete government organization that developed space age weaponry. I spent a couple of months is a secret government prison, but escaped after I kicked to asses of twelve highly trained guard, put 9 in the hospital. They eventually gave up looking for me as I was also a master of disguise. Missed getting to play with Bobby though. Oh well!!!!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#157494 Mar 1, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Many preachers etc are ok, it’s the sheep that have the problem
Where the men are men and the sheep are nervous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 6 hr Darsey 95,384
News Scientific, Philosophical Case for God's Existe... 18 hr Elganned 174
man Mon blacklagoon 3 1
The atheists mind Jun 15 Elganned 63
Why creation? Jun 14 Elganned 55
News Atheism and Wonder Jun 14 Eagle 12 - 50
A question for Christians... Jun 14 Eagle 12 - 115