Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
151,201 - 151,220 of 225,555 Comments Last updated 14 min ago

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157302
Feb 28, 2013
 
What escape path did your god give infants breast feeding or sleeping in their Mother's arms? What escape path did he give babies taking their first steps? What escape path did he give anyone thousands of miles away an on other continents from Noah?

Good grief you say some stupid things on here. Crazy ole Daffy always good for a laugh.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A point I would like to make. This same God who wiped out the population with a flood also provided them with a way to escape. I would say that trumps starving a entire population to death with no chance of escape.
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157303
Feb 28, 2013
 
Apology accepted. She's a director of a large software company and I'm very proud of her.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ouch!
I am sorry.....

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157304
Feb 28, 2013
 
They hate it when you ask them this :)
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Critical thinking test: show causality between each leader's atheism and those atrocities. Were they all done in the name of atheism, or is the leader's atheism unrelated?
Conversely, are atrocities committed by religious leaders in the name of their religion to be blamed on that religion's ideology?

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157305
Feb 28, 2013
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>Why should we be afraid of freedom?
Why should we be afraid of freedom?
We should be afraid of an ideology that removes or stifles freedom.
Either we are for freedom or we are enemies against it.
E pluribus unum
It seem like you are saying we should be afraid of Christianity. It is a religious ideology that certainly seeks to stifle freedom, in the extreme. I can't imagine you are talking about atheism, which is simply skepticism of religious claims for lack of proof. No stifling of freedom there.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157306
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
And Christholes like you fought and denied his family his and their wishes. If you had any respect for the fighting men and women in the military you would support their wishes in such a matter.
<quoted text>
Itís not my decision but the family of the deceased make those decisions. Not the government, not anyone but the family.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157307
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
It seem like you are saying we should be afraid of Christianity. It is a religious ideology that certainly seeks to stifle freedom, in the extreme. I can't imagine you are talking about atheism, which is simply skepticism of religious claims for lack of proof. No stifling of freedom there.
Itís pretty clear what I said.

Either you are for freedom or you are against it.

It sounds like to me from you reponse you are anti-freedom.

You have a lot of work to do in changing the Constitution.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157308
Feb 28, 2013
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheism was a common denominator. And Atheism was married to Communism.
That's the same thing as saying christianity is married to monarchism.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157309
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
What escape path did your god give infants breast feeding or sleeping in their Mother's arms? What escape path did he give babies taking their first steps? What escape path did he give anyone thousands of miles away an on other continents from Noah?
Good grief you say some stupid things on here. Crazy ole Daffy always good for a laugh.
<quoted text>
What escape did your pornography business give to the millions who died of AIDs and STDs from the promiscuous activity pornography promoted over the years?

What escape did your pornography industry give little babies alive in the womb when they were aborted because of the promiscuous activity promoted by the porn industry?

Many of those abortions were late term abortions. Thereís no telling how many children have been aborted because of the sleazy irresponsible porn industry. The porn industry could have promoted safe sex and birth control but no it promoted promiscuous and irresponsible activity.

Your part of a seedy and irresponsible industry that supersedes anything that BP did in itís disastrous oil spill. Eleven died in the oil well explosion and millions have died because of the contribution of the irresponsible porn industry.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157310
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the same thing as saying christianity is married to monarchism.
Iím not sure what you are talking about and Iím also not sure you know what your talking about.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157311
Feb 28, 2013
 
Here is something all you Atheist will appreciate. A Bible Mini Series will start on the History Channel.

Bible Mini Series starts March 3rd.

Get swept up into the adventure, drama and wonder of the Bible with this 10-hour miniseries from Roma Downey (Touched by an Angel) and her husband producer Mark Burnett (Survivor). Packed with action and gritty realism, you'll meet Abraham and Moses, witness the birth of Jesus, experience The Last Supper and marvel at the Resurrection. Features score by legendary film composer Hans Zimmer.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157312
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Iím not sure what you are talking about and Iím also not sure you know what your talking about.
The more you post, the more it is clear you have no idea what anyone, even yourself, is talking about.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157313
Feb 28, 2013
 
So you denounce the Christians who threw a fit about this fighting the family's wishes?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Itís not my decision but the family of the deceased make those decisions. Not the government, not anyone but the family.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157314
Feb 28, 2013
 
So what you are saying is, I have better morals than your god?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
What escape did your pornography business give to the millions who died of AIDs and STDs from the promiscuous activity pornography promoted over the years?
What escape did your pornography industry give little babies alive in the womb when they were aborted because of the promiscuous activity promoted by the porn industry?
Many of those abortions were late term abortions. Thereís no telling how many children have been aborted because of the sleazy irresponsible porn industry. The porn industry could have promoted safe sex and birth control but no it promoted promiscuous and irresponsible activity.
Your part of a seedy and irresponsible industry that supersedes anything that BP did in itís disastrous oil spill. Eleven died in the oil well explosion and millions have died because of the contribution of the irresponsible porn industry.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157315
Feb 28, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Givemeliberty wrote:
So you denounce the Christians who threw a fit about this fighting the family's wishes?
<quoted text>
You didnít supply a source or enough details for me to know who blocked what. Iím saying itís a family decision. Not your decision or mine but the family of the deceased.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157316
Feb 28, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
So what you are saying is, I have better morals than your god?
<quoted text>
This is what I said. I don't mind reposting it.

What escape did your pornography business give to the millions who died of AIDs and STDs from the promiscuous activity pornography promoted over the years?

What escape did your pornography industry give little babies alive in the womb when they were aborted because of the promiscuous activity promoted by the porn industry?

Many of those abortions were late term abortions. Thereís no telling how many children have been aborted because of the sleazy irresponsible porn industry. The porn industry could have promoted safe sex and birth control but no it promoted promiscuous and irresponsible activity.

Your part of a seedy and irresponsible industry that supersedes anything that BP did in itís disastrous oil spill. Eleven died in the oil well explosion and millions have died because of the contribution of the irresponsible porn industry.

You will notice not too many are coming to your defense.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157317
Feb 28, 2013
 
Christian groups threw a hissy fit and demanded the military step in and block the family's and the soldier's wishes. Do you denounce them stopping the family from fulfilling the deceased's wishes yes or no?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You didnít supply a source or enough details for me to know who blocked what. Iím saying itís a family decision. Not your decision or mine but the family of the deceased.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157318
Feb 28, 2013
 
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I said. I don't mind reposting it.
What escape did your pornography business give to the millions who died of AIDs and STDs from the promiscuous activity pornography promoted over the years?
What escape did your pornography industry give little babies alive in the womb when they were aborted because of the promiscuous activity promoted by the porn industry?
Many of those abortions were late term abortions. Thereís no telling how many children have been aborted because of the sleazy irresponsible porn industry. The porn industry could have promoted safe sex and birth control but no it promoted promiscuous and irresponsible activity.
Your part of a seedy and irresponsible industry that supersedes anything that BP did in itís disastrous oil spill. Eleven died in the oil well explosion and millions have died because of the contribution of the irresponsible porn industry.
You will notice not too many are coming to your defense.
You literally buy any garbage they feed you as long as it has no supporting evidence at all. Nothing of what you said is based on fact, and the facts actually oppose much of what you stated. You need to learn how to learn.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157319
Feb 28, 2013
 
Givemeliberty wrote:
Christian groups threw a hissy fit and demanded the military step in and block the family's and the soldier's wishes. Do you denounce them stopping the family from fulfilling the deceased's wishes yes or no?
<quoted text>
I would need a bit more information to be able to say. I'm not getting the whole story but a story with holes. What were the deceased wishes specifically?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157320
Feb 28, 2013
 
So you verify I have better morals then your god.

Thank you.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what I said.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#157321
Feb 28, 2013
 
He was a pagan of you had read the article, he had clearly expressed his wishes to his family on his funeral and memorial stone desires. These were denied even though he gave his life for his country. Do you condemn the religious bigots who fought his poor family in their time of sorrow yes or no? Stop DUCKING the question DAFFY.

See this is exactly why the separation of church and state is so important.
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would need a bit more information to be able to say. I'm not getting the whole story but a story with holes. What were the deceased wishes specifically?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Hollywood Actor Reveals What He Thinks Is 'Weir... 11 min Lawrence Wolf 99
If Christianity were true... 14 min Patrick 123
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 46 min Pahu 882
Introducing The Universal Religion (Feb '14) 3 hr religionisillness 753
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr religionisillness 354
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' 3 hr religionisillness 78
HELL real or not? (Sep '13) 3 hr Patrick 286
•••
•••