Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157144 Feb 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion exists.
Very astute.

Location hidden

#157145 Feb 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How has that been rightfully dismissed?
It's our ancient history and no longer relevant.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#157146 Feb 28, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
David,
You should know that Jesus frowns upon those sheep in his flock that have the temerity to view nudity.
Tsk Tsk - that will take 100 our fathers and 2000 hail mary's to correct.
Tsk.

I'm a degenerate brother of Jesus.

You make assumptions you shouldn't.

Location hidden

#157147 Feb 28, 2013
Ugh. My fingers are misfiring this morning.

“There is no god!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#157148 Feb 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
ID is embarrassing when I travel outside the USA or am around my international friends who all laugh at the idiots who made up ID and argue for it. Gosh it makes Americans look stupid and I have to remind people only morons fall for that crap.
<quoted text>
They tried to get ID into Swedish Schools and failed

Location hidden

#157149 Feb 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
But ToE says nothing about how that life started.
Um... Here, again:

"Life on Earth evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
===
"The central idea of biological evolution is that all life on Earth shares a common ancestor"
evolution.berkeley.edu/
===
"we all share a common ancestor in the distant past"
www.newscientist.com/topic/evolution

Location hidden

#157150 Feb 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
Keep your religion

OK
Keep it out of public education.
No
Keep it out of government.

No
Keep it out of legislation.

NO
Keep it of public property.
No

We have the Constitution to back us up.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#157151 Feb 28, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Our Nation,(United States) was founded on the principle of Freedom of Religion
You can't have freedom of religion without freedom from religion!

Location hidden

#157152 Feb 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:

To me it means a hypothetical means by which living organisms are created from nonliving matter.
IOW - You have no idea. You just *think* it wasn't God.
Honey just because the process is not yet fully understood does not mean you can throw in the town and say “I don’t understand so goddidit”
LMAO!

Honey just because the process is not yet fully understood does not mean you can throw in the town and say “I don’t understand so it couldn't have been God."

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#157153 Feb 28, 2013
That's cool and it just shows how IDiotic these people are. Even theists in other countries are dumbstruck at the stupidity of the ID movement. A Methodist Minister trolls me about it on Facebook!

I just respond that not all Americans are stupid enough to fall for ID and then pwn his face in on the MMO he plays with me and my buddies. He rolls a silly shadow priest and thinks he's going to dual my Deathknight. Not a prayer's chance he'll win I tell him!:))

He's pretty cool for a preacher man I must say.
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My best friend is the wife or a Born Again Christian minister, she has a masters degree in theology and is pretty high up in the BAC church hearty. They both shake their heads in wonder at the stupidity of ID.
I am in the same country as Thinking.

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#157154 Feb 28, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does and it goes with freedom. Freedom of choice and Freedom of religion.
I say you should start a revolution Comrade Aerobatty and throw out freedom and bring in old world Communism.
Viva zeee Revolution Comrade Aerobatty!!!
and without freedom from religion you can't have freedom of religion.

heil small catholic man with a silly mustache Eagle12 we have banned atheism and have executed them in our concentration camps and thrown out all freedom.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#157155 Feb 28, 2013
Good to hear that, most countries would just as soon let Scientology be taught in school classes as ID. Lol!
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
They tried to get ID into Swedish Schools and failed

“There is no god!”

Location hidden

#157156 Feb 28, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Image that, international travel without ID.
Customs may have something to say about that. Tell them when they ask for ID.“Only morons travel with ID.” Good luck.
so an American have to carry a book of Intelligent Design with them all the time?

Location hidden

#157157 Feb 28, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clef

Music, math, being trapped in formulation.

That is being "educated".

You can never break out of the box if you rely only on formulas you are told to follow. Your enjoyment of life and your knowledge get stunted.

That sort of music is picked out of life, put together by feeling, not education. "Educated" music is cows mooing in unison.

Location hidden

#157158 Feb 28, 2013

More real music of life, not that stultifying moo music.

Location hidden

#157159 Feb 28, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aeolian_harp

I always wanted to make one of these. That might be a good project for me to do now. But I want to make a BIG one.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#157160 Feb 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C lef
Music, math, being trapped in formulation.
That is being "educated".
You can never break out of the box if you rely only on formulas you are told to follow. Your enjoyment of life and your knowledge get stunted.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QJrjXsNlxNQXX
That sort of music is picked out of life, put together by feeling, not education. "Educated" music is cows mooing in unison.
i thought we ALL understood you know nothing about music. Why do you continually embarrass yourself by posting in ignorance? You don't even know enough to be dangerous. You are musically illiterate, you look like a real dope posting on a subject you know nothing about. Stop it before you're fully exposed as a complete nutbag!!!!! OPPS too late!!! LOL
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#157161 Feb 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A eolian_harp
I always wanted to make one of these. That might be a good project for me to do now. But I want to make a BIG one.
You'd have better luck building a replica of Noah's Ark, that way you could make little figures of all the members of your HERD, and hustle them aboard before you turn on the garden hose!!!!! LOL ..........Stay away from anything that has to do with music, you'll end up injuring yourself!!!! HA HA HA!!! I liked you so much better with your magnets and string!!!! I miss your absurd posts about DNA being a living organism..........come on lest see the old Dave in all his ridiculous spender and glory!!!!!

“Ignore the trolls”

Since: Oct 08

Poole, UK

#157162 Feb 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Good to hear that, most countries would just as soon let Scientology be taught in school classes as ID. Lol!
<quoted text>
ID is banned from UK curriculums - about the only country that gives it any credence (aside from a fringe element in the USA) is Rumania.

Location hidden

#157163 Feb 28, 2013
http://harmonicwindharps.com/wp-content/uploa...

A sample of Aeolian harp music.

Tuning to pick up pieces of the composition by the Grand Musician.

So much of it to be blended together.

There are a variety of methods to do this beyond just the wind.

This is using math to achieve an end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 56 min Andre 683
Another week, another atheist demands we call h... 1 hr Patrick 5
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 3 hr Patrick 140
Atheists forgetting the meaning of freedom 4 hr Patrick 150
Is Religion Childish? 6 hr Patrick 3
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr _Bad Company 22,919
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 9 hr Richardfs 5,584

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE