Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
151,021 - 151,040 of 224,053 Comments Last updated 40 min ago

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
ID is Pseudoscience
Tell that to the cops they next time they ask you for ID. See if they buy it.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Numbers.
Here is a truth that our number based atheists will deny, deflect, and dodge.
Their universe is a huge paint by numbers painting.
Something provided the numbers for them to fill in.
Such does not lend to creativity beyond shuffling pieces around and calling it something new and different.
Dull. Very dull. No imagination, no creativity, other than their belief they possess those things.
Oh, I forgot.

That lack of creativity and imagination, and just overall lack of any real ability to think is the basis for their demands for others to "prove" their beliefs and reasons for it. They are too dumb and dull to figure things out themselves.

That is why they cling to their numbers.

People, don't feel compelled to "prove" a daned thing to them. It is like trying to turn a fart into the wind into something other than a fart in the wind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
Numbers.
Here is a truth that our number based atheists will deny, deflect, and dodge.
Their universe is a huge paint by numbers painting.
Something provided the numbers for them to fill in.
Such does not lend to creativity beyond shuffling pieces around and calling it something new and different.
Dull. Very dull. No imagination, no creativity, other than their belief they possess those things.
Thinking wrote:
Straw man.
<quoted text>
Truth you are incapable of seeing.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Givemeliberty wrote:
ID is embarrassing when I travel outside the USA or am around my international friends who all laugh at the idiots who made up ID and argue for it. Gosh it makes Americans look stupid and I have to remind people only morons fall for that crap.
<quoted text>
Image that, international travel without ID.

Customs may have something to say about that. Tell them when they ask for ID.“Only morons travel with ID.” Good luck.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but hey listen.
I'm headed to D.C., Supreme Court, gay marriage cases (Perry et al.). Participated in an amicus brief for Howard University, establishing that the current discrimination is no different to the racial/anti miscegenation discrimination that existed well into the 1960s.
Welcome to the new order, Buck.
Dave nad Buck will finally be able to tie the knot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Projecting again Dave?
I'm not doing the projecting, lovey. That comes from far away.

Sweetness, you are but a pixel on the screen. Try to exercise something that was placed into your makeup. The ability for your mind to occupy another space before your body hits the screen. Look at the picture you are a part of from a higher vantage point. If you can muster the ability.

Southern Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
ID isn't science and that's a fact.
Oh sure, right,[wink].

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The girl is back in all her glory.
Of course you would be happy with your grasp of reality. It is part of the pathology.
You are right about the inventions of man. He couldn't have invented them unless there was something to count.
However, there is a slipping into darkness by those that use them too much. They begin to worship them as entities.
I posted recently about modern math/physics being just another sect of number worshipers. A modern day Kabbalah.
It is curious how these Topix atheists have traits and attitudes of past civilizations. That Kabbalah, wanting to watch lions and Christians, and a few other archaic beliefs.
Christianity set the stage for modern science. Under it the greatest advances were made. Then these archaic thinkers hijacked science.
I don't think you are really concerned about where those lips have been. I think you are too impulsive to give it thought.
As you are happy with your pathology?

And a window cleaner could not climb ladders to clean you upstairs windows unless there were ladders.

As opposed to worshipping a bronze age guess at mythology as an entity?

Dave, do you have a degree in mathematical sciences? Number theory? Then you views and what you posted are irrelevant

Lions, christians, that’s a great idea, when’s the davesworld management putting on the show?

Actually is was pre christian Greeks that set the stage for modern mathematics and Islam that set the stage for modern science. Christianity tried to inhibit science, just ask Galileo

Again, what you think is irrelevant.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't argue about it with me, argue it with "mainstream science"....
"Life on Earth evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
===
"The central idea of biological evolution is that all life on Earth shares a common ancestor"
evolution.berkeley.edu/
===
"we all share a common ancestor in the distant past"
www.newscientist.com/topic/evolution
===
The list goes on and on....
Your belief of evolution is HINGED on the assumption that all life came from one life.
And that guess is being taught to our youth as fact.
But ToE says nothing about how that life started.

Was that your point?

Thank you.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does and it goes with freedom. Freedom of choice and Freedom of religion.
I say you should start a revolution Comrade Aerobatty and throw out freedom and bring in old world Communism.
Viva zeee Revolution Comrade Aerobatty!!!
Keep your religion

Keep it out of public education.

Keep it out of government.

Keep it out of legislation.

Keep it of public property.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because they are following a carefully constructed script and th logic based upon it. You have to understand this premise before you can understand that one, and the next, and the next, and the next before you get back to the same place. Same as studying Scriptures. With the same belief in the inerrancy of the logic.
What script? Your delusions don’t count.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As you are happy with your pathology?
And a window cleaner could not climb ladders to clean you upstairs windows unless there were ladders.
As opposed to worshipping a bronze age guess at mythology as an entity?
Dave, do you have a degree in mathematical sciences? Number theory? Then you views and what you posted are irrelevant
Lions, christians, that’s a great idea, when’s the davesworld management putting on the show?
Actually is was pre christian Greeks that set the stage for modern mathematics and Islam that set the stage for modern science. Christianity tried to inhibit science, just ask Galileo
Again, what you think is irrelevant.
This Greek mathematics?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagoreanism

No degrees in math, sweetie. Just the ability to fix physical things they can't.

Before leaning out the window of your ivory tower to view the world, make sure the window washer didn't leave any soapy water on the ledge.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What script? Your delusions don’t count.
Do you have any nude pictures of yourself, or sexual activities you engage in that you can share with us? Something interesting since you aren't bringing much in the way of intellectual thought to these discussions. Pseudo and stamped out copies of such don't count.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Abiogenesis means:
I have no idea how it all started. I just know God didn’t do it because,……..well because.
Only to you people like you with little understanding

To me it means a hypothetical means by which living organisms are created from nonliving matter.

Honey just because the process is not yet fully understood (but it is being worked on) does not mean you can throw in the town and say “I don’t understand do goddidit”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not doing the projecting, lovey. That comes from far away.
Sweetness, you are but a pixel on the screen. Try to exercise something that was placed into your makeup. The ability for your mind to occupy another space before your body hits the screen. Look at the picture you are a part of from a higher vantage point. If you can muster the ability.
Yes you are and you are also deluding yourself but we can expect little more from a resident of Davesworld

Ahh you are talking about imagination, yes? I have a very vivid imagination, I use it in my work and that is why I am so successful in that work. However I am fully capable of separating imagination from reality, unlike the residents of Davesworld

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
This Greek mathematics?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagoreanism
No degrees in math, sweetie. Just the ability to fix physical things they can't.
Before leaning out the window of your ivory tower to view the world, make sure the window washer didn't leave any soapy water on the ledge.
Greek mathematics spanned much more than one guy, the first really well documented mathematician was Thales (although mathematics was known for hundreds of years before his life) and continues past Archimedes

No degree but an imagination born of Daveworld delusion and a belief in magic

And I must not forget to switch the gravity off

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any nude pictures of yourself, or sexual activities you engage in that you can share with us? Something interesting since you aren't bringing much in the way of intellectual thought to these discussions. Pseudo and stamped out copies of such don't count.
No, have you?

As to what sexually excites your libido, I don’t really care what you masturbate to

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to you people like you with little understanding
To me it means a hypothetical means by which living organisms are created from nonliving matter.
Honey just because the process is not yet fully understood (but it is being worked on) does not mean you can throw in the town and say “I don’t understand do goddidit”
There have been countless scientists that were scientists because they tried to figure out how "goddidit", lovey.

They are the ones that brought modern science to you to hijack with your numerology.

Michael Faraday for one. Your modern science wouldn't exist without what he did.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Greek mathematics spanned much more than one guy, the first really well documented mathematician was Thales (although mathematics was known for hundreds of years before his life) and continues past Archimedes
No degree but an imagination born of Daveworld delusion and a belief in magic
And I must not forget to switch the gravity off
The binding effects of that gravity disappear when you dream or die.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, have you?
As to what sexually excites your libido, I don’t really care what you masturbate to
Perhaps the imagination relating to you of that sort may be better than the real thing. More fulfilling or satisfying.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Our world came from nothing? 3 hr Patrick 186
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Patrick 832
The numbers are in: America still distrusts ath... 4 hr Patrick 16
Of Interest InTheNews 4 hr Patrick 3
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 4 hr Patrick 359
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 4 hr Patrick 21,382
Atheism Destroyed At Last! - The Debate Of The ... Wed Patrick 1,285
•••
•••