Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#157103 Feb 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I’m late on this, been a little preoccupied with work projects.
I am happy with my grasp of reality and so are billions of other people happy with theirs. Your Davesworld dreams don’t actually count as reality in the real world.
Numbers are inventions of man and they are used to help explain what once was unexplainable, without just 2 of those numbers (0 and 1) you would not have been able to post your comment, just imagine how powerful an almost infinite number of numbers can be.
However to make the guess that goddidt with no evidence as backup is a little delusional even by the high standards you place on delusion.
Thanks for the smooch but I prefer to know where the people I kiss have been
The girl is back in all her glory.

Of course you would be happy with your grasp of reality. It is part of the pathology.

You are right about the inventions of man. He couldn't have invented them unless there was something to count.

However, there is a slipping into darkness by those that use them too much. They begin to worship them as entities.

I posted recently about modern math/physics being just another sect of number worshipers. A modern day Kabbalah.

It is curious how these Topix atheists have traits and attitudes of past civilizations. That Kabbalah, wanting to watch lions and Christians, and a few other archaic beliefs.

Christianity set the stage for modern science. Under it the greatest advances were made. Then these archaic thinkers hijacked science.

I don't think you are really concerned about where those lips have been. I think you are too impulsive to give it thought.

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#157104 Feb 28, 2013
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, OK.
Partial schizophrenia.
The conservative creationists do pooh pooh intelligent design.
They're like the Tea Party Christians.
But the "big tent" Christians endorse it.
"pooh pooh?"

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#157105 Feb 28, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You probably can find something in the school libraries about the “Tooth Fairy and many other fictional characters.
But a Bible is forbidden? You claim it’s fiction then why isn’t it allowed in Schools like all the other fiction books?
You may say because it has religious contents. So does Harry Potter.
As far as Priest sexually violating young boys. The Bible talks about a great whore in Revelation 17. Do you know who this is being depicted?
There’s one city throughout history known as the city of 7 hills. That city is Rome.
There’s a lot of good honest people in the Catholic Church. But their leadership from Rome on down is packed with pedophiles that should have been arrested, prosecuted. I don’t believe in vigilantism. I also don’t believe criminals going free.
Local law enforcement has failed to do their job on this matter all across the country including the FBI. For many fled to avoid being prosecuted.
As long as the bible were presented as fiction, the only problem I would have with it being in schools is that it's a monumentally tedious and poorly written "book". It would waste the time that could be used reading better material.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#157106 Feb 28, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Darwinian evolution depends on life arising spontaneously.
They have to believe in chemical evolution to life. They work on duplicating it in laboratories every day.
No luck yet.
Abiogenesis and evolution are different things Abiogenesis deals with the origin of life and evolution deals with changes in existing life.

Chemical, synthetic life has been created and it is shown to evolve
http://news.nationalgeographic.co.uk/news/201...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...

Location hidden

#157107 Feb 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I’ve been away from this thread for a while and don’t really remember much of the discussion so I did a quick recap. The disagreement seemed to be over the term paradox in relation to the understanding of the universe.
The sciences of cosmologists and theoretical physics are very precise, such misunderstanding of basic terminology can lead to errors. Where the disagreement lies is in the nitty gritty of understanding, not in the whole sort of general mish mash
That is because they are following a carefully constructed script and th logic based upon it. You have to understand this premise before you can understand that one, and the next, and the next, and the next before you get back to the same place. Same as studying Scriptures. With the same belief in the inerrancy of the logic.

Southern Illinois

#157108 Feb 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion exists.
Yes it does and it goes with freedom. Freedom of choice and Freedom of religion.

I say you should start a revolution Comrade Aerobatty and throw out freedom and bring in old world Communism.

Viva zeee Revolution Comrade Aerobatty!!!

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#157109 Feb 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why aren't there any anti-Santa-ers? Anti-Dracula sites? Anti-tooth fairy groups? Etc......
Cuz y'alls is stuck on God.
And of course you haven't read any of the previous responses to this same idiotic question.

Denial is not a river in Egypt.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#157110 Feb 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's been rightfully dismissed.
Anything else you got?(That's not history?)
How has that been rightfully dismissed?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#157111 Feb 28, 2013
Jesus has Grandma shoot her two Grandsons and then herself.

http://www.inquisitr.com/548385/grandma-shot-...

Brenda wrote a message on Facebook:“God (has) two beautiful angels helping him now. My boys are in an amazing place we got a few great angels watching over us. love you Ashton and Alton.”

Isn't faith grand? You believers can't prove that your God didn't have her do this, he works in mysterious ways after all.

Southern Illinois

#157112 Feb 28, 2013
Richardfs wrote:
<quoted text>
IDiot.... hummm that seems about right.
You just called one on your own side a "Idiot."

I shant not question your judgment in this matter since you do not make mistakes. Anyway who would know better who is an “Idiot” than another “Idiot.”

Good job Homer.

#157113 Feb 28, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
I have an Aussie buddy who is a Methodist minister of all things and he face palms at ID! Yes a Methodist Minister in Australia Lols at ID and accepts the proven science of evolution!
<quoted text>
My best friend is the wife or a Born Again Christian minister, she has a masters degree in theology and is pretty high up in the BAC church hearty. They both shake their heads in wonder at the stupidity of ID.

I am in the same country as Thinking.

Location hidden

#157114 Feb 28, 2013
Numbers.

Here is a truth that our number based atheists will deny, deflect, and dodge.

Their universe is a huge paint by numbers painting.

Something provided the numbers for them to fill in.

Such does not lend to creativity beyond shuffling pieces around and calling it something new and different.

Dull. Very dull. No imagination, no creativity, other than their belief they possess those things.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#157115 Feb 28, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I witnessed you elaborate on the subject, you did not.
I don't know if you've educated yourself since.
Specifically, you could not understand, or chose not to understand, that the Intelligent Design hypothesis does not postulate, nor needs to postulate, nor implies, nor alludes to, nor needs to allude to, a deity.
No.

No deity.

Just an intelligent designer.

Ok, buck.

Back to the restraints for you.

#157116 Feb 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Atheism is a belief system developed by those needing support for their personal ego's wish to believe they are the best thing that could be created. Out of the magic mist come they.
Belief in the facts they follow a blueprint, and their glorious selves emerged into a pre-made existence architecture is just not allowed. It deprecates their self worth.
Projecting again Dave?
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#157117 Feb 28, 2013
Yes.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/pooh-poohed
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
"pooh pooh?"

Southern Illinois

#157118 Feb 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Abiogenesis and evolution are different things Abiogenesis deals with the origin of life and evolution deals with changes in existing life.
Chemical, synthetic life has been created and it is shown to evolve
http://news.nationalgeographic.co.uk/news/201...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment...
Abiogenesis means:

I have no idea how it all started. I just know God didn’t do it because,……..well because.
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#157119 Feb 28, 2013
Straw man.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Numbers.
Such does not lend to creativity beyond shuffling pieces around and calling it something new and different.
Dull. Very dull. No imagination, no creativity, other than their belief they possess those things.

Southern Illinois

#157120 Feb 28, 2013
Mikko wrote:
<quoted text>
ID is Pseudoscience
Tell that to the cops they next time they ask you for ID. See if they buy it.

Location hidden

#157121 Feb 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Numbers.
Oh, I forgot.

That lack of creativity and imagination, and just overall lack of any real ability to think is the basis for their demands for others to "prove" their beliefs and reasons for it. They are too dumb and dull to figure things out themselves.

That is why they cling to their numbers.

People, don't feel compelled to "prove" a daned thing to them. It is like trying to turn a fart into the wind into something other than a fart in the wind.

Location hidden

#157122 Feb 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
Numbers.
Thinking wrote:
Straw man.
<quoted text>
Truth you are incapable of seeing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 9 min Eman 22,488
Atheism vs. Theism: Knowns and Unknowns 1 hr Thinking 140
An atheist returns to Christ (Jan '09) 1 hr Thinking 4,118
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 1 hr The Dude 357
How Awe-Inspiring Experiences Can Make You Happ... 2 hr NightSerf 1
Our world came from nothing? 2 hr NightSerf 502
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 4 hr Religionislies 14
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE