Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Jul 18, 2009 Read more: Webbunny tumblelog 237,697
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Read more

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#157128 Feb 28, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't argue about it with me, argue it with "mainstream science"....
"Life on Earth evolved from a universal common ancestor approximately 3.8 billion years ago."
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution
===
"The central idea of biological evolution is that all life on Earth shares a common ancestor"
evolution.berkeley.edu/
===
"we all share a common ancestor in the distant past"
www.newscientist.com/topic/evolution
===
The list goes on and on....
Your belief of evolution is HINGED on the assumption that all life came from one life.
And that guess is being taught to our youth as fact.
But ToE says nothing about how that life started.

Was that your point?

Thank you.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#157129 Feb 28, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it does and it goes with freedom. Freedom of choice and Freedom of religion.
I say you should start a revolution Comrade Aerobatty and throw out freedom and bring in old world Communism.
Viva zeee Revolution Comrade Aerobatty!!!
Keep your religion

Keep it out of public education.

Keep it out of government.

Keep it out of legislation.

Keep it of public property.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#157130 Feb 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
That is because they are following a carefully constructed script and th logic based upon it. You have to understand this premise before you can understand that one, and the next, and the next, and the next before you get back to the same place. Same as studying Scriptures. With the same belief in the inerrancy of the logic.
What script? Your delusions donít count.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#157131 Feb 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
As you are happy with your pathology?
And a window cleaner could not climb ladders to clean you upstairs windows unless there were ladders.
As opposed to worshipping a bronze age guess at mythology as an entity?
Dave, do you have a degree in mathematical sciences? Number theory? Then you views and what you posted are irrelevant
Lions, christians, thatís a great idea, whenís the davesworld management putting on the show?
Actually is was pre christian Greeks that set the stage for modern mathematics and Islam that set the stage for modern science. Christianity tried to inhibit science, just ask Galileo
Again, what you think is irrelevant.
This Greek mathematics?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagoreanism

No degrees in math, sweetie. Just the ability to fix physical things they can't.

Before leaning out the window of your ivory tower to view the world, make sure the window washer didn't leave any soapy water on the ledge.

Westcliffe, CO

#157132 Feb 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
What script? Your delusions donít count.
Do you have any nude pictures of yourself, or sexual activities you engage in that you can share with us? Something interesting since you aren't bringing much in the way of intellectual thought to these discussions. Pseudo and stamped out copies of such don't count.

#157133 Feb 28, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Abiogenesis means:
I have no idea how it all started. I just know God didnít do it because,ÖÖ..well because.
Only to you people like you with little understanding

To me it means a hypothetical means by which living organisms are created from nonliving matter.

Honey just because the process is not yet fully understood (but it is being worked on) does not mean you can throw in the town and say ďI donít understand do goddiditĒ

#157134 Feb 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not doing the projecting, lovey. That comes from far away.
Sweetness, you are but a pixel on the screen. Try to exercise something that was placed into your makeup. The ability for your mind to occupy another space before your body hits the screen. Look at the picture you are a part of from a higher vantage point. If you can muster the ability.
Yes you are and you are also deluding yourself but we can expect little more from a resident of Davesworld

Ahh you are talking about imagination, yes? I have a very vivid imagination, I use it in my work and that is why I am so successful in that work. However I am fully capable of separating imagination from reality, unlike the residents of Davesworld

#157135 Feb 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
This Greek mathematics?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pythagoreanism
No degrees in math, sweetie. Just the ability to fix physical things they can't.
Before leaning out the window of your ivory tower to view the world, make sure the window washer didn't leave any soapy water on the ledge.
Greek mathematics spanned much more than one guy, the first really well documented mathematician was Thales (although mathematics was known for hundreds of years before his life) and continues past Archimedes

No degree but an imagination born of Daveworld delusion and a belief in magic

And I must not forget to switch the gravity off

#157136 Feb 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any nude pictures of yourself, or sexual activities you engage in that you can share with us? Something interesting since you aren't bringing much in the way of intellectual thought to these discussions. Pseudo and stamped out copies of such don't count.
No, have you?

As to what sexually excites your libido, I donít really care what you masturbate to

Westcliffe, CO

#157137 Feb 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Only to you people like you with little understanding
To me it means a hypothetical means by which living organisms are created from nonliving matter.
Honey just because the process is not yet fully understood (but it is being worked on) does not mean you can throw in the town and say ďI donít understand do goddiditĒ
There have been countless scientists that were scientists because they tried to figure out how "goddidit", lovey.

They are the ones that brought modern science to you to hijack with your numerology.

Michael Faraday for one. Your modern science wouldn't exist without what he did.

Westcliffe, CO

#157138 Feb 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Greek mathematics spanned much more than one guy, the first really well documented mathematician was Thales (although mathematics was known for hundreds of years before his life) and continues past Archimedes
No degree but an imagination born of Daveworld delusion and a belief in magic
And I must not forget to switch the gravity off
The binding effects of that gravity disappear when you dream or die.

Westcliffe, CO

#157139 Feb 28, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No, have you?
As to what sexually excites your libido, I donít really care what you masturbate to
Perhaps the imagination relating to you of that sort may be better than the real thing. More fulfilling or satisfying.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#157140 Feb 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
David,

You should know that Jesus frowns upon those sheep in his flock that have the temerity to view nudity.

Tsk Tsk - that will take 100 our fathers and 2000 hail mary's to correct.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#157141 Feb 28, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.cnn.com/2013/02/27/ world/europe/russia-meteor/ind ex.html?hpt=hp_t3
Waves, harmonics. Instruments sensitive enough to pick up frequencies we weren't designed to. One little rock. Felt all over the planet. Think of all the other energies occurring all of the time.
The earth is not as "solid" as you think.
Solids tend to conduct sound faster than gases or liquids.

Westcliffe, CO

#157142 Feb 28, 2013
Some of our Topix atheist on here who claim to be devotees of "science" are like Alice in Wonderland.

By they might consider themselves spelunkers.

They are out in the bright and colorful world. They trip on a hole, then see another hole leading down away from that hole. They grab a shovel and start digging, curious as to where it leads. Then they find a cave and start following it, gatherin gmore knowledge of the path as they go deeper and deeper into the cave, then the cave system. They are discovering something. Wow!! Look what they found!!! The universe is made of caves!!

While on the surface and in the sunlight everyone is wondering where in the hell did Christine go?

Westcliffe, CO

#157143 Feb 28, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Solids tend to conduct sound faster than gases or liquids.
Because of the increased tension of the charges. "Tighter" webs.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157144 Feb 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion exists.
Very astute.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157145 Feb 28, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
How has that been rightfully dismissed?
It's our ancient history and no longer relevant.

Westcliffe, CO

#157146 Feb 28, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
David,
You should know that Jesus frowns upon those sheep in his flock that have the temerity to view nudity.
Tsk Tsk - that will take 100 our fathers and 2000 hail mary's to correct.
Tsk.

I'm a degenerate brother of Jesus.

You make assumptions you shouldn't.

Westcliffe, CO

#157147 Feb 28, 2013
Ugh. My fingers are misfiring this morning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Atheists open up: What they want you to know 1 hr nanoanomaly 17
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 3 hr Zog Has-fallen 18,458
News Confessions of a black atheist 7 hr thetruth 310
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 7 hr Joe Corrilo 14,553
News Atheists' problem with the Bible (Sep '09) 7 hr thetruth 7,398
News The Consequences of Atheism 8 hr thetruth 1,257
The Ultimate Evidence of God (Mar '14) 8 hr thetruth 147
More from around the web