Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#156898 Feb 27, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
One minute you say that we are fighting against something that we don't believe in and then the next minute you are tell us that we believe in god, we just don't want to follow his rules.
Which is it?
You tell me, your the Atheist.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#156899 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I see. Science doesn't "prove" anything, but it has proven that emotions exist even though it can't say where they come from or why we have them.
Gotcha.
I don't see why that stumps you. Proving that something exists doesn't necessarily mean you also know everything about how it operates and what it's origin is.

And it's not as if science knows nothing about where emotions come from or why we have them. Emotions originate in the brain, and we have them as a result of chemical reactions in the body, for starters.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#156900 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not. There's plenty of proof out there to know that the Bible is accurate.
Not objective proof, no.
I'm only making a comparison, that a lot of you Topix atheists say there's no scientific proof of God which means there is no God. But none of you acknowledge the fact that we have emotions even thought they can't be scientifically proven either.
Well, as has been explained to you already, there is a great deal of scientific proof for the emotions and how they operate, so that's not really a good comparison, is it?

There is a reason religion is referred to as faith. It's because there is no objective evidence to substantiate them. If you and your family/friends want to believe in whatever god(s) you like, knock yourselves out. Just don't be surprised when you receive ridicule for dressing up faith as fact.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#156901 Feb 27, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, very interesting indeed. How microbes can be revived after living in a inhospitable place like the moon.
My thoughts turned again towards Mars. How can such a Earth like planet not have one Martian microbe? No bacteria has been found as the rovers traverse the planet.
We may have planted some there like we did on the moon inadvertently.
We don't know if they are there or not yet.
The theme is , we will go out through the galaxy in search of life hoping we will find it. But if we do not find it, we will engineer it and spread it throughout the galaxy. Therefore life is throughout
the galaxy.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#156902 Feb 27, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, very interesting indeed. How microbes can be revived after living in a inhospitable place like the moon.
My thoughts turned again towards Mars. How can such a Earth like planet not have one Martian microbe? No bacteria has been found as the rovers traverse the planet.
We may have planted some there like we did on the moon inadvertently.
NASA sterilizes spacecraft now.

Keep in mind the exceedingly tiny area of Mars that we've actually looked at closeup.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#156903 Feb 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Not objective proof, no.
<quoted text>
Well, as has been explained to you already, there is a great deal of scientific proof for the emotions and how they operate, so that's not really a good comparison, is it?
There is a reason religion is referred to as faith. It's because there is no objective evidence to substantiate them. If you and your family/friends want to believe in whatever god(s) you like, knock yourselves out. Just don't be surprised when you receive ridicule for dressing up faith as fact.
Ridicule from who?

A very small, noisy, and obviously mentally disturbed group posting on Topix as intellectual atheists?

You have to do better than that.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156905 Feb 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Not objective proof, no.
<quoted text>
Ridicule?!?

Oh, no. Please don't ridicule me.

Ok, ok, ok, I'll turn atheist. Just don't ridicule me.

'_'

Hey, if I turn atheist, can I still come on here and post incessantly about God even though I claim to not believe He exists?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156906 Feb 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
It's minus 270 in the shade,+250 degrees in the sun.
You've met my ex-wife, huh?

Location hidden

#156908 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ridicule?!?
Oh, no. Please don't ridicule me.
Ok, ok, ok, I'll turn atheist. Just don't ridicule me.
'_'
Hey, if I turn atheist, can I still come on here and post incessantly about God even though I claim to not believe He exists?
I hope I can find the article again, but I just read something the other day that may prove these Topix atheists right.

Since there is a genetic link to monkeys, scientists did some experiments and crossed a gorilla and a Topix atheist.

Guess what they got?

Location hidden

#156909 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You've met my ex-wife, huh?
LOL She's a extremophile huh?

Location hidden

#156910 Feb 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope I can find the article again, but I just read something the other day that may prove these Topix atheists right.
Since there is a genetic link to monkeys, scientists did some experiments and crossed a gorilla and a Topix atheist.
Guess what they got?
Buck?

Location hidden

#156911 Feb 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Buck?
No. A retarded gorilla.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#156912 Feb 27, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
You tell me, your the Atheist.
And you're the idiot that contradicts himself.

Now that we have our rolls straight; WTF are you talking about?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#156913 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My dog doesn't get angry when I take his bone or toys, he gets excited and wants me to throw them.
I'll just let you go back to Stupidville. You seem comfortable there.

Location hidden

#156914 Feb 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
No. A retarded gorilla.

Oh yeah I remember now....Bongo.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#156915 Feb 27, 2013
Hey confine your flirting with men to Buck okay? He won't appreciate you thinking about the Christholes of other men.

So your god is up in the clouds molesting men's Christholes all day? Dave's Alzheimer's is getting worse.
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Up in the clouds, in and across the universe and beyond.
It even has its hand up your ass moving your lips.
You love the sensation, don't you?

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#156916 Feb 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>Religion exists.

God doesn't.
This is a perfect example of an Atheist that DOES believe there is no God.

Not an atheist that has an absence of all believe.

Merriam-Webster
athe·ist\ˈā-thē-ist\
noun
: one who believes that there is no deity

Point proven thanks Aerobatty!

To easy.

Lexington, KY

#156917 Feb 27, 2013
Maybe that crack cocaine was a bad batch and that's why you spent months rolling on the floor defecating yourself hallucinating as you confessed before?
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I stole a motorcycle once and hid it.
I didn't want it to be found. But it existed.
I had a vial of crack cocaine in my room in the lock-down psych ward.
Didn't want it to be found, so I smoked it. Had no choice, but they didn't understand.

Lexington, KY

#156918 Feb 27, 2013
Well a souk is an open air Arab market. We know those exist because we have observable proof. That god that you said lives in the clouds and molests men's Christholes all day against their will? Sorry no observable evidence for him or any other god.
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not true.
Some things are rightfully believed to exist by logical inference.
Your campaign to appear smart is falling on its face.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#156919 Feb 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>The momentum in a falling body in orbit (curved path) changes it's angle of attack as it travels around the source of gravity holding it, causing an inertia shift .
This causes the spin of moons or planets , regardless of its shape.
This is called angular momentum. In physics from the very small to the very large, things have a natural tendency to spin and this is explained by angular momentum.
I see, so to start a planet like Uranus spinning the opposite direction as the other planets what would that take?

Did it first have to be stopped from spinning and restarted in the other directions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 33 min Adam 22,990
Islam for peace, or violence? 1 hr JIN 36
Does Being 'Spiritual But Not Religious' Really... 2 hr Thinking 2
Our world came from nothing? 4 hr Thinking 1,037
Adam Atheoi - the god of 'humanity' Mon Thinking 90
Man center of the universe. Mon Thinking 87
Razer and Ben Affleck take on the atheists Oct 17 Thinking 6

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE