Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 258480 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#157003 Feb 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You will have to be more specific, I can't tell what you're trying to say.
You are made of standing waves.

But those waves aren't the result of random actions. You wouldn't last long. 3D holograph sort of thing. Under power.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#157005 Feb 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are made of standing waves.
But those waves aren't the result of random actions. You wouldn't last long. 3D holograph sort of thing. Under power.
According to some approximations , we are all hollow and mostly space between things. Its pretty hard to see it that way though.
I don't necessarily adhere to the holographic principle.
But think it is correct that the content of a given space is in direct correlation to the size of its boundary.
Whether all the entropy is contained on it I can't really say but it does make sense with a black hole.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#157006 Feb 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
By trying to force teaching creationism in school ...AND that is just for starters . There are many many ways they do it.
Kids are open minded creatures. What does it hurt if they hear both sides and decide for themselves? We are talking about theories in creation and how we all came about. Is it such a crime for kids to make their own determination?

But when it comes to teaching intelligent design we are not talking a religion but Science. Since when has a debate in science been a bad thing?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157007 Feb 27, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>If I understand you correctly, you said "grbzynf brxtyd crbntz slaftia wodlrt grinff"?
Don't they teach ya to read over there?

He clearly said "fryhj jhgth crbntz slaftia wodlrt grinff"

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157008 Feb 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
You two need some porn to help chill out.
Stop flirting, this ain't a dating site.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#157009 Feb 27, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no problem with the bible sitting in the fiction section.
<quoted text>
"We don't care about it's religious content, it just cannot be taught as fact. Especially in science class."

I’m like you in that I believe in separation in church and state.

However Intelligent Design is not about a religion as it is about science.

A good healthy debate in a science class is not a bad thing for science.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#157010 Feb 27, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
What porn hustler? Who is involved with children Dave? You and Eagle seem all worked up and frustrated. You two need some porn to help chill out.
<quoted text>
"I made hundreds on the porn mags and movies I would find hidden under mattresses! Many still in the plastic and not even opened! Quite an entrepreneur when I was in middle school with those :D "

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/atheism/T...

And you never stopped as evinced by your posts on here about giving free porn away, and money made from it. And posts about the poor and homeless children you visited in the Philippines every year?

You are a piece of shit masquerading as a human.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157011 Feb 27, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
However Intelligent Design is not about a religion as it is about science.
A good healthy debate in a science class is not a bad thing for science.
Most atheists would agree with you.

Topix atheists are a different breed.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#157012 Feb 27, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids are open minded creatures. What does it hurt if they hear both sides and decide for themselves? We are talking about theories in creation and how we all came about. Is it such a crime for kids to make their own determination?
But when it comes to teaching intelligent design we are not talking a religion but Science. Since when has a debate in science been a bad thing?
Because it isn't science, and we do not teach doubt and present a conflict where there is none in science. The doubt and conflict is with your faith and religion. It seeks to drive a wedge into the door, so you can stick your foot in where it doesn't belong.

There is no debate in science over evolution. There is only the debate by believers as to why they can't teach religion as science.
But it is because it isn't science. I know you will have a hard time understanding that.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#157013 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't they teach ya to read over there?
He clearly said "fryhj jhgth crbntz slaftia wodlrt grinff"
Tell him, kfcu htat tshi etanig rgin no mylans acef.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157014 Feb 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Because it isn't science, and we do not teach doubt
You promote teaching ToE.

There is much speculation & assumption in that particular theory.

There is ZERO evidence that all life on this planet came from one life. But you promote that assumption to America's youth as if its fact.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#157015 Feb 27, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
But when it comes to teaching intelligent design we are not talking a religion but Science. Since when has a debate in science been a bad thing?
Intelligent Design isn't science; it's Creationism in disguise.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#157016 Feb 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell him, kfcu htat tshi etanig rgin no mylans acef.
LMAO!

Did you write Mylan on purpose?

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#157017 Feb 27, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
According to some approximations , we are all hollow and mostly space between things. Its pretty hard to see it that way though.
I don't necessarily adhere to the holographic principle.
But think it is correct that the content of a given space is in direct correlation to the size of its boundary.
Whether all the entropy is contained on it I can't really say but it does make sense with a black hole.
Space is a carrier with filaments of matter forming "solid" stuff. Space permeates even those filaments. Our organized neutral matter and energy that comprises us and our thought processes are a tiny small part of neutral matter in the universe, and its energy, which is itself about only 1% of all visible matter, the rest being plasma, which is more energetic due to its charge imbalance.

There s a steady stream of plasma and energy from the sun to here in the solar wind. Average about 4 protons per cm3. That is linear to the sun, and perpendicular to the earth surface. It is like a steam of water flowing into us, though without the density. Essentially a direct connection for the transmission of energy of various frequencies due to its being mostly plasma. There will also be a return path of energy from here to the sun. This solar wind will interact with the charges it produces in the earth and any others produced on it. It is felt back up that stream from the sun. Electric and electromagnetic coupling between the earth and sun. Not a one way street.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#157018 Feb 27, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids are open minded creatures. What does it hurt if they hear both sides and decide for themselves? We are talking about theories in creation and how we all came about. Is it such a crime for kids to make their own determination?
Then in history class, we should teach them both the the Holocaust happened, but also that the Holocaust didn't happen.

What does it hurt if they hear both sides?

In health class, we should teach both sexual reproduction and Stork Theory.

What does it hurt if they hear both sides?

In chemistry, we should teach both the periodic table of elements and the fire/earth/water/air system of elements.

What does it hurt if they hear both sides?

Schools have a finite amount of time to teach students. We don't fill up that time with "sides" that experts in those fields have already dismissed as garbage.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#157020 Feb 27, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent Design isn't science; it's Creationism in disguise.
That’s you personal opinion that you believe as fact.

This is going to be a big shock to you but the world is made up of other people that have opinions just as you do.

So in the sea of opinions your little drop in the ocean doesn’t make that big of a difference.

There are those in the science community that support Intelligent Design and there are others in the closet but they also secretly believe it.

Evolution is the only science that has a enforcement arm. If you are a scientist and you don’t believe some far out theory in Physics, no problem. Or if you don’t believe a theory in biogenetics, no problem. If you don’t believe a theory in space science, no problem. But if you don’t believe in evolution, your fired.

Eagle12

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#157021 Feb 27, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Then in history class, we should teach them both the the Holocaust happened, but also that the Holocaust didn't happen.
What does it hurt if they hear both sides?
In health class, we should teach both sexual reproduction and Stork Theory.
What does it hurt if they hear both sides?
In chemistry, we should teach both the periodic table of elements and the fire/earth/water/air system of elements.
What does it hurt if they hear both sides?
Schools have a finite amount of time to teach students. We don't fill up that time with "sides" that experts in those fields have already dismissed as garbage.
Iran would love that very much.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#157022 Feb 27, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligent Design isn't science; it's Creationism in disguise.
Your assertion is a ploy to prohibit the teaching of any intelligent design behind our existence. Does evolution teach the possibility there was a pattern laid out that evolution was a process of? No. It is strictly we evolved from random collections of matter from some magical poof of something way back that created matter.

By default that theory of evolution taught says you are a glorified piece of stellar, and that your entire purpose is to serve man THROUGH OBEDIENCE TO THE ELITE THAT RUN THE WORLD. They know what is best for you. There is no higher authority than them.

That is what you are buying for your descendants with your stupidity. Your being stupid does not bode well for their social positions. It is in fact removing survival of the fittest and replaced with survival of the best socially connected.
Atheist Silurist

London, UK

#157023 Feb 27, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
That’s you personal opinion that you believe as fact.
This is going to be a big shock to you but the world is made up of other people that have opinions just as you do.
So in the sea of opinions your little drop in the ocean doesn’t make that big of a difference.
There are those in the science community that support Intelligent Design and there are others in the closet but they also secretly believe it.
Evolution is the only science that has a enforcement arm. If you are a scientist and you don’t believe some far out theory in Physics, no problem. Or if you don’t believe a theory in biogenetics, no problem. If you don’t believe a theory in space science, no problem. But if you don’t believe in evolution, your fired.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion,they are not entitled to their own facts.

Intelligent design can't be demonstrated scientifically,evolutionary biology can and is.

Intelligent design is a creationist ploy to get religious superstitious bollocks into the science class,and anyone who can't see that is either willfully ignorant or downright thick.

Since: Mar 11

Scottsburg, IN

#157024 Feb 27, 2013
Indoctrinating children to believe in your ancient desert nomad god or they will burn in hell doesn't hurt?
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids are open minded creatures. What does it hurt if they hear both sides and decide for themselves? We are talking about theories in creation and how we all came about. Is it such a crime for kids to make their own determination?
But when it comes to teaching intelligent design we are not talking a religion but Science. Since when has a debate in science been a bad thing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nonsense of a high order: The confused world of... 5 min Hedonist Heretic 1,771
News Washington court rules against florist in gay w... 31 min Eagle 12 50
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 35 min Hedonist Heretic 57,851
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 51 min Bob of Quantum-Faith 27,244
Atheist Humor (Aug '09) 1 hr Eagle 12 129
News Distrust of the non-religious runs deep in Amer... 4 hr Hobart Freeman 108
The Dumbest Thing Posted by a Godbot (Jun '10) 5 hr IB DaMann 5,956
More from around the web