Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Comments (Page 7,536)

Showing posts 150,701 - 150,720 of223,928
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pope attested to that error recently. Was purely a math error on the part of a scribe when they made the new calendar if I remember right.
Damned math heads. They messed up religion. Then science.
Making the math fit the error, eh?

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're willing to blame God for these millions of deaths, you should be willing to thank God for the billions of lives....
God doesn't exist.

The believers are to blame.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
The willful ignorance of believers is what gives us license to mock believers.
If you don't want to be made fun of, don't have such silly beliefs.
Tell that to the judge.

You are a classic case of the immature and ignorant being empowered.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
God doesn't exist.
The believers are to blame.
Do you blame a puppy for peeing on the rug? It doesn't know any better...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Who says we have a purpose in life?
The universe is going to come to an end someday anyway.
I'd rather spend my life exploring and learning (something you should try) than waiting to die so I could be with jesus.
Really Dave. What purpose could we have other than to live and learn and look for happiness?
Your last sentence is what I have been preaching on here for a while.

Your obsession with the ills of religion reveals you don't practice that. You engage in mindless stupidity to distract yourself from your unresolved emotional issues. You have no anchor.

You can have fun, explore and all that with Jesus. You don't have to sit back and wait to die to see him. Millions and millions haven't, and don't. You are the one stuck not learning and understanding.

It is remarkable, your reaction to a relative few humans proselytizing their spiritual beliefs, none putting a gun to your head, and letting it run your life. You don't do that with salesmen. You have an issue.

I am not waiting to die and live with Jesus. I am waiting to die to be launched out into the great unknown again, and play it by ear again. I just have a better launchpad now that I did before.

Start accepting people for what they are and not what you think they should be, and you will start to enjoy life more.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Judged:

Langoliers wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Lets look at their myths
1) Big Bang when nothing exploded.
2) spontaneous self generating life.
3) one very week single cell life form
creating all plant and animal life that ever lived.
4) That atheism will replace God.
LOL!!!
Here, this is much better!!

1.) A mythical being for which not a shred of evidence exists, snapped his fingers and the entire cosmos magically appeared.

2.) This same fictitious being scooped up some dirt, blew on it and a fully formed human male magically appeared.

3.) This same imaginary being ripped one of the males ribs from his body and suddenly, without any further explanation, a fully formed female magically appeared.

4.) All the billions of species suddenly appeared in the form they now appear in. Of course 99% of those became extinct, and apparently, again with no evidence, new fully formed specced magically appeared.

5. Science will replace God, Atheists will have nothing to do with it.

Notice how many times the word "Magical" has to be used, since no other proof is possible. Lets let the intelligent people compare the two.

1.) There is cosmological EVIDENCE for the singularity.(big bang)

2.) There is EVIDENCE that the building block for life, Amino Acids, can come from non-living matter. Complex chemicals zapped with electricity produce the necessary ingredients for life.

3.) There is BIOLOGICAL EVIDENCE that from single cells animals more complex organisms arise.

Please take notice of the words EVIDENCE and try as hard as your shriveled religiously poisoned mind will allow, to understand the importance of that single word. The most hated word in the english language ,if you're a brainwashed Theist.
Thinking

Staines, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

I wouldn't consign it to hell, either.
Leo314 wrote:
<quoted text>

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Leo314 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you comparing yourself to a non-housebroken puppy?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Here, this is much better!!
1.) A mythical being for which not a shred of evidence exists, snapped his fingers and the entire cosmos magically appeared.
2.) This same fictitious being scooped up some dirt, blew on it and a fully formed human male magically appeared.
3.) This same imaginary being ripped one of the males ribs from his body and suddenly, without any further explanation, a fully formed female magically appeared.
4.) All the billions of species suddenly appeared in the form they now appear in. Of course 99% of those became extinct, and apparently, again with no evidence, new fully formed specced magically appeared.
Notice how many times the word "Magical" has to be used, since no other proof is possible. Lets let the intelligent people compare the two.
2.) There is EVIDENCE that the building block for life, Amino Acids, can come from non-living matter. Complex chemicals zapped with electricity produce the necessary ingredients for life.
3.) There is BIOLOGICAL EVIDENCE that from single cells animals more complex organisms arise.
Please take notice of the words EVIDENCE and try as hard as your shriveled religiously poisoned mind will allow, to understand the importance of that single word. The most hated word in the english language ,if you're a brainwashed Theist.
Dearest Horn Tooter.

I mentioned the Grand Musician the other day?

That is something I became aware of almost 30 years before I even became aware of things like this video.

The demos start a minute into the video. Turn the audio off if you want. Just watch what happens. Sound, vibrations, creating forms.

EM is the basis for all of those vibrations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

There are other demos on the net if you want to look for them. This was just the first I ran across.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Derp. No, He isn't. Jesus singular, people is plural....
Seriously?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
And you are trying to deny a claim without evidence. All you've offered is your opinion about it with your comprison to Jesus Christ's and a human's limitations.
All people should deny extraordinary claims that have no good evidence.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
How so?
I told you how so. There are far more accounts, they're not anonymous, and the people can be questioned.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Let's see if they hold up for the next 2,000 years and 1/3rd of the world's population agrees with it, then we'll talk.
Give me a break, RR. Even you don't believe that longevity or popularity are indicators of religious truth. There are over a billion Muslims and nearly a billion Hindus and you don't think those are true.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>Here, this is much better!!
You may relate to this one better. It may even inspire you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you comparing yourself to a non-housebroken puppy?
I was actually comparing believers to non-housebroken puppies. I'm not defending anyone, but casting blame will get us nowhere, and it brings us down to the level of fanatics. Much wiser to focus on trying to enlighten and educate people so that they can figure our for themselves why their beliefs don't hold up.

Victimizing ourselves is not helping anyone progress, it's acknowledging defeat, and I feel a true atheist is better than that.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
They come from living in groups and chemical reactions in the brain. If you try to take a dog's bone, what does he do? He shows his anger and thus, hopefully, avoids a fight.
My dog doesn't get angry when I take his bone or toys, he gets excited and wants me to throw them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Emotions can and have been scientifically proved to exist. That is entirely different than explaining why we have them or where they come from. So you are quite wrong to say that science can't prove they exist.
Oh I see. Science doesn't "prove" anything, but it has proven that emotions exist even though it can't say where they come from or why we have them.

Gotcha.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it you are critical of lack of proof in science but not lack of proof in your religion?
I'm not. There's plenty of proof out there to know that the Bible is accurate.

I'm only making a comparison, that a lot of you Topix atheists say there's no scientific proof of God which means there is no God. But none of you acknowledge the fact that we have emotions even thought they can't be scientifically proven either.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The mind of many of these Atheist are maligned and deviant. They fight so very hard against something they donít believe in.
Like the man that claims thereís no fish in the sea yet he wrestles with a fish that is so huge he canít pull him in. Why fight the fish and try to reel him in if there is no fish?
They say God doesnít exist yet they wage war against God as if he does exist. Why fight something that doesnít exist? Unless of course he does exist.
If I didnít believe in God I would just go about my business. Why fight something you donít believe is real?
Good point, there. I don't understand them either. It seems like atheists spend more time talking about God than theists do. The same God they say doesn't exist.

I don't think bigfoot exists, and I sure as shit don't waste any of my time trying to argue with people that do. There's no point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion exists.
God doesn't.
Prove it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the case, then your statement that you have 2 dogs is not an absolute truth, since they will not live forever.
Prove it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

polymath257 wrote:
It seems to me that asking Christians what they believe is a good way to find out what Christians believe.
Crazy talk!
Thank you for that.
No sweat, just want to keep it honest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Google scares the shit out of you, doesn't it.
No, but jalapenos gets the shit out of me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 150,701 - 150,720 of223,928
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••