Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#156734 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Allow me to rephrase.
Why do you think Christians think God decides moraltiy?
Brainwashing. Most every time that I hear a christian talk about morality, they bring up the ten commandments, but they only recall 4 or 5 of them.

They say, "god gave us the ten commandments! Don't you think that it is a good idea not to kill, steal, commit adultery or lie?"

OK, that is 4. 40% is not very good.

They sometimes throw in, "Shouldn't children obey their parents?"

OK, 50% isn't much better.

Let's face it, you don't remember the sabbath and keep it holy.

You have images all over the place.

You don't misuse your god's name, mostly because you don't know it.

You lie your ass off. If fact, some believe that it is OK to lie, if you are lying to bring people to god.

Every 'christian' on here has bragged about how much they have.

When asked why 'christians' don't follow all of their god's laws, they quickly claim that those nasty laws were for the Jew, not the 'christian'.

Hmmm, cause this is how god starts off the 10 commandments;

Exodus 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,

2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.

My people weren't in the land of Egypt.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#156735 Feb 26, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't any god RR - but there are TopixBibleThumpers™ that think one or more exists.
I have never had an atheist knock on my door and want to come into my house to discuss my religious beliefs.
I have never been approached in public by an total stranger who happened to be an atheist asking me personal questions about my religious beliefs.
I have never had an atheist stand up in a meeting at a public event such as a at a school or government event and say "Let us not pray to an imaginary being".
I cannot count the number of times that I have had different religious groups canvassing my neighborhood looking for more recruits for their cults.
I cannot count the number of times that I have been at gas stations or department stores and have had random people come up to me and ask "Are you saved" or "Do you have Jesus in your heart".
I politely tell them that there is nothing to be saved from and that their Jesus is an unsubstantiated myth.
For some reason they always seem offended, even though they started the conversation.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
-Douglas Adams
Is there any difference between a religious group or a political activist group approaching you in public or at home? What about opinion poll takers?

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#156736 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Which of those two posts did I say that emotions don't exist???
I said they can't be scientifically proven or explained.
And I wrote "DO", not "Do".......
"Nobody can prove scientifically that emotions exist"

They certainly can. Read the articles.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156737 Feb 26, 2013
CunningLinguist wrote:
That's ok RR...
It is something I have observed.
The invisible and the non-existant are very much alike.
I searched for the origin of religions and found them all false.
In other words, "There isn't any god RR" is just your opinion.

Thanks.

You should start adding that little detail in when you're telling someone about something.

Location hidden

#156738 Feb 26, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Brainwashing. Most every time that I hear a christian talk about morality, they bring up the ten commandments, but they only recall 4 or 5 of them.
They say, "god gave us the ten commandments! Don't you think that it is a good idea not to kill, steal, commit adultery or lie?"
OK, that is 4. 40% is not very good.
They sometimes throw in, "Shouldn't children obey their parents?"
OK, 50% isn't much better.
Let's face it, you don't remember the sabbath and keep it holy.
You have images all over the place.
You don't misuse your god's name, mostly because you don't know it.
You lie your ass off. If fact, some believe that it is OK to lie, if you are lying to bring people to god.
Every 'christian' on here has bragged about how much they have.
When asked why 'christians' don't follow all of their god's laws, they quickly claim that those nasty laws were for the Jew, not the 'christian'.
Hmmm, cause this is how god starts off the 10 commandments;
Exodus 20:1 And God spake all these words, saying,
2 I am the Lord thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
My people weren't in the land of Egypt.
Guess what?

My people aren't in the land of Egypt, either.

Location hidden

#156739 Feb 26, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
"Nobody can prove scientifically that emotions exist"
They certainly can. Read the articles.
I did read those articles. The only facts in them was the fact that we have emotions and how we act or react to them.

Not why we have them.

Not where they come from.

Not proof.

Location hidden

#156740 Feb 26, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Wrong.
<quoted text>
So you are agreeing with me that God is whatever you want it to be?
Nope. Wrong.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#156741 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I did read those articles. The only facts in them was the fact that we have emotions and how we act or react to them.
Not why we have them.
Not proof.
They come from living in groups and chemical reactions in the brain. If you try to take a dog's bone, what does he do? He shows his anger and thus, hopefully, avoids a fight.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Pittsburgh, PA

#156742 Feb 26, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any difference between a religious group or a political activist group approaching you in public or at home? What about opinion poll takers?
Yeah! Politics and poll really exist!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#156743 Feb 26, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah! Politics and poll really exist!
You have mental issues.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#156744 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not why we have them.
Not proof.
Emotions can and have been scientifically proved to exist. That is entirely different than explaining why we have them or where they come from. So you are quite wrong to say that science can't prove they exist.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#156745 Feb 26, 2013
Well you will need to start slow and work your way up.

http://www.curledupkids.com/bigbang.htm

I got this for my little nephew but it seems to be about your speed for starters.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"a science book"??
Just any ole science book wil tell me about the guess of the milisecond after BBT??
Dumb ass.

Lexington, KY

#156746 Feb 26, 2013
Told you guys! Lmfao! I called it.
Dave Nelson wrote:
What do you say when a Topix atheist starts blathering and asking stupid questions trying to put you on the defensive under the guise of intelligent discussion?
Nothing. You laugh at them.
Then they start giggling, ranting, and looking stupid on the sidewalk all by themselves, thinking they scored something.
Just say no to engaging the mentally ill.

Lexington, KY

#156747 Feb 26, 2013
Indoctrination.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Allow me to rephrase.
Why do you think Christians think God decides moraltiy?

Lexington, KY

#156748 Feb 26, 2013
Dave shhhhhhh you are really making a jackass out of yourself.

No seriously you are diving head first into the deep end of Alzheimer's with this post.
Dave Nelson wrote:
If the post office doesn't deliver you any mail, does it exist?
If the post office doesn't deliver you any mail, do you exist?
If the post office delivers mail, but it isn't picked up, do you exist?
Is there any evidence the post office really exists?
If the post office delivers mail postage due, would you pay it? Would you exist if you didn't?
If a stamp blew in under your door, would that be proof the post office exists?
God, those Topix atheists are such intellectual discussioners.

Lexington, KY

#156749 Feb 26, 2013
After that post office example you say that about another poster?

It's zombie Dave Nelson and he wants your brain because Alzheimer's stole his!
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have mental issues.

“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#156750 Feb 26, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Not why we have them.
Not proof.
How is it you are critical of lack of proof in science but not lack of proof in your religion?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#156751 Feb 26, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't blame any god or Santa; just trying to show you christians how screwed up your mythology is.
Well iI'm glad it isn't my fault :) after all.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#156752 Feb 26, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>ItÂ’s weird, Atheist donÂ’t believe in God. Yet they believe all life just magically self created from sterile material and made this crazy run on the earth. We know thatÂ’s impossible because scientist have not been able replicate it in this modern era of science.

Then they point at us believing in a myth. But itÂ’s acceptable for them to believe in a myth. Even though science does not support their position. They say science will one day will come up with an answer for how it all started.

Science will come up with a time machine way before they figure out the genesis of life.
LOL

Lets look at their myths

1) Big Bang when nothing exploded.
2) spontaneous self generating life.
3) one very week single cell life form
creating all plant and animal life that ever lived.
4) That atheism will replace God.

LOL!!!

“In the beginning God Created..”

Since: Feb 12

Southern Illinois

#156753 Feb 26, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Death of millions for Jesus again is what I stated note the again part as Hitler already killed millions for being Christ killers.
Again Christians eagerly anticipate this, hence there goes your absolute morality and truth.
What did you think of Dave confessing he purposely hurt animals as a child? You before had something to say about people who did that but let me guess when it's your fellow Christian you are okay with it yes?
<quoted text>
As far as the future that you are eluding too. There will be more wars and conflicts just as there has been since the beginning.

History has recorded over 200 million deaths under Atheist leadership. We all know Atheist leaders do not have a clean record when it comes to human rights.

If you will remember Jesus feed the five thousand. Atheist leadership embraced communism and starved the millions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Glorify God, our Heavenly Father 11 min nOgOd 2
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 20 min Eman 22,534
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr Patrick 524
Becoming a parent changed everything. 1 hr Patrick 22
Indiana Governor Mike Pence Stands Up to Atheis... 1 hr Le Duped 8
Can atheists pray? Gretta Vosper on Andrew W.K.... 2 hr Chiclets 16
The problem of evil and hate (Oct '13) 2 hr Patrick 364
•••

Atheism People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE