Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 253332 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156806 Feb 27, 2013
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it you are critical of lack of proof in science but not lack of proof in your religion?
I'm not. There's plenty of proof out there to know that the Bible is accurate.

I'm only making a comparison, that a lot of you Topix atheists say there's no scientific proof of God which means there is no God. But none of you acknowledge the fact that we have emotions even thought they can't be scientifically proven either.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156807 Feb 27, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
The mind of many of these Atheist are maligned and deviant. They fight so very hard against something they don’t believe in.
Like the man that claims there’s no fish in the sea yet he wrestles with a fish that is so huge he can’t pull him in. Why fight the fish and try to reel him in if there is no fish?
They say God doesn’t exist yet they wage war against God as if he does exist. Why fight something that doesn’t exist? Unless of course he does exist.
If I didn’t believe in God I would just go about my business. Why fight something you don’t believe is real?
Good point, there. I don't understand them either. It seems like atheists spend more time talking about God than theists do. The same God they say doesn't exist.

I don't think bigfoot exists, and I sure as shit don't waste any of my time trying to argue with people that do. There's no point.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156808 Feb 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion exists.
God doesn't.
Prove it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156809 Feb 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
If that's the case, then your statement that you have 2 dogs is not an absolute truth, since they will not live forever.
Prove it.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156810 Feb 27, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
It seems to me that asking Christians what they believe is a good way to find out what Christians believe.
Crazy talk!
Thank you for that.
No sweat, just want to keep it honest.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156811 Feb 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Google scares the shit out of you, doesn't it.
No, but jalapenos gets the shit out of me.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156812 Feb 27, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
God doesn't exist.
The believers are to blame.
"God doesn't exist" is a belief of people like you.

If you think I'm wrong, prove that you're right.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#156813 Feb 27, 2013


Here is a no audio strictly video of vibrations causing form. Note the total rearrangement of particles at times.

This is mostly 2 dimensional, but it actually happens 3D. Local gravity is interfering with the full expression.

All of this mechanical vibration is derived from what is called the EM force. This surface skin thingy.

What I have posted is that instead of pre-existing particles forming this universe, it is the vibration of "space" itself that creates particles which then forms form. Motion disturbing a medium. This creates the appearance of the nucleus. The "universal forces" were created from without, not from within. That is where modern physics has it assbackwards. Our observation is our frequencies working on those frequencies we are observing. Quantum stuff. That observation inserts you into that process, becoming part of it, and thus getting you in a loop.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156814 Feb 27, 2013
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously?
<quoted text>
All people should deny extraordinary claims that have no good evidence.
<quoted text>
I told you how so. There are far more accounts, they're not anonymous, and the people can be questioned.
<quoted text>
Give me a break, RR. Even you don't believe that longevity or popularity are indicators of religious truth. There are over a billion Muslims and nearly a billion Hindus and you don't think those are true.
Well, this conversation has got us nowhere, except to show that you have a hard time admitting when something is a belief...
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#156815 Feb 27, 2013
"Bigfootists" don't, as a rule, get a say in making small minded legislation that will affect others.

Religitards may have a say, so they need to be opposed.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point, there. I don't understand them either. It seems like atheists spend more time talking about God than theists do. The same God they say doesn't exist.
I don't think bigfoot exists, and I sure as shit don't waste any of my time trying to argue with people that do. There's no point.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#156816 Feb 27, 2013
Leo314 wrote:
<quoted text>
I was actually comparing believers to non-housebroken puppies. I'm not defending anyone, but casting blame will get us nowhere, and it brings us down to the level of fanatics. Much wiser to focus on trying to enlighten and educate people so that they can figure our for themselves why their beliefs don't hold up.
Victimizing ourselves is not helping anyone progress, it's acknowledging defeat, and I feel a true atheist is better than that.
You are too rational an atheist to be on Topix. Leave before these Topix atheists warp your head.
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#156817 Feb 27, 2013
No all powerful compassionate god can possibly exist because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#156818 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
You don't prove that something doesn't exist, you examine the evidence. Since there is no evidence suggesting one exists, then it most likely does not. Your god cannot exist, evidence has demonstrated that no one lives in the sky, and the center of the Earth is actually magma not some "lake of fire." The god described in your book is nothing more than a vile monstrosity of imagination, a means to justify the wholesale slaughter of anyone different than those who follow it, and nothing more. So, since you made the claim of it's existence without any solid evidence, it is rightfully dismissed without evidence.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#156819 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"God doesn't exist" is a belief of people like you.
If you think I'm wrong, prove that you're right.
Lacking a belief is not a belief. Please do not fail at English.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#156820 Feb 27, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, this conversation has got us nowhere, except to show that you have a hard time admitting when something is a belief...
I'd say the main thing it's shown is that you can't distinguish your beliefs from alien abductions or house-souls.

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#156821 Feb 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't prove that something doesn't exist, you examine the evidence. Since there is no evidence suggesting one exists, then it most likely does not. Your god cannot exist, evidence has demonstrated that no one lives in the sky, and the center of the Earth is actually magma not some "lake of fire." The god described in your book is nothing more than a vile monstrosity of imagination, a means to justify the wholesale slaughter of anyone different than those who follow it, and nothing more. So, since you made the claim of it's existence without any solid evidence, it is rightfully dismissed without evidence.
They don't really know how the interior of the earth is constructed. However, from the data they have gathered based upon other physical data and processes, they believe there is a layer of what you call magma, then a layer of liquid iron, then a core of solid iron. Really hot stuff. The mantle is thought to be a plastic like stuff that is not "solid" like the crust. Kind of a semi-liquid or something when it has someplace to go, and becomes your magma.

You could kinda call it a lake of fire if you wish.

What do you call the sky? Birds and various creatures live in it. Why can't a deity live in it and beyond? The sky is just everything above the ground, including distant galaxies.

Your head needs a reset.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#156822 Feb 27, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Dearest Horn Tooter.
I mentioned the Grand Musician the other day?
That is something I became aware of almost 30 years before I even became aware of things like this video.
The demos start a minute into the video. Turn the audio off if you want. Just watch what happens. Sound, vibrations, creating forms.
EM is the basis for all of those vibrations.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =QUQj5Fh_550XX
There are other demos on the net if you want to look for them. This was just the first I ran across.
Unsupported premiss. That when we think we are creating sound, creating energy. If its beyond our hearing then it can't be detected, unless by some scientific methods which he never indicates. That sound waves can create pattern on a flat surface is understood, but to jump from that to the universe was created from sound, and then try a make a connection to a holy book is an absurd leap.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156823 Feb 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
"Bigfootists" don't, as a rule, get a say in making small minded legislation that will affect others.
Religitards may have a say, so they need to be opposed.
<quoted text>
Lol, "bigfootists"...

If a bigfootist was a politician or some sort of law maker, his opinion of bigfootery would influence him.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156824 Feb 27, 2013
Thinking wrote:
No all powerful compassionate god can possibly exist because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.
<quoted text>
"we have evidence of avoidable suffering" is not proof or disproof of God. That only prices that God gives us free will.

Thanks!

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156825 Feb 27, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't prove that something doesn't exist, you examine the evidence. Since there is no evidence suggesting one exists, then it most likely does not. Your god cannot exist, evidence has demonstrated that no one lives in the sky, and the center of the Earth is actually magma not some "lake of fire." The god described in your book is nothing more than a vile monstrosity of imagination, a means to justify the wholesale slaughter of anyone different than those who follow it, and nothing more. So, since you made the claim of it's existence without any solid evidence, it is rightfully dismissed without evidence.
I seriously doubt that God will allow Himself to be discovered by any means of science.

There is evidence that God exists, you just can't find it with a PhD.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Do Atheists Ridicule Christianity? (May '11) 24 min Knowledge- 8,088
News The war on Christmas (Dec '10) 28 min Frank Merton 3,976
News Atheism, for Good Reason, Fears Questions (Jun '09) 48 min GTID62 5,996
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 48 min Shizle 18,800
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 53 min One way or another 27,283
Science Disproves Evolution (Aug '12) 4 hr Patrick n Angela 3,086
News Atheism has no moral dimension 6 hr thetruth 147
More from around the web