Atheism requires as much faith as rel...

Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

There are 245231 comments on the Webbunny tumblelog story from Jul 18, 2009, titled Atheism requires as much faith as religion?. In it, Webbunny tumblelog reports that:

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Webbunny tumblelog.

CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#156510 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, of course. The other poster asked what truths Christians know absolutely.
E=MC2 is one of them.
His religious views or non-views are irrelevant to said question.
“It is a heretic that makes the fire, not she which burns in it.”~Shakespeare

Since: Sep 08

Westcliffe, CO

#156511 Feb 25, 2013
http://money.cnn.com/2013/02/25/smallbusiness...

Who profits from sin?

The government.

They have no use for getting rid of religion. Give it up, Topix atheists.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#156512 Feb 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain the Birkeland currents imagery.
Remember, the only drive in theater for a long ways around was the night sky until recently. That was what people watched. You can't hardly see it anymore.
Refer to my post about headlights and egos.
Your statement sounded like something a fanatic fundie would say.
Funny that, eh?
What's a drive in theater?

Westcliffe, CO

#156513 Feb 25, 2013
http://scitechdaily.com/scientists-develop-a-...

I don't see whay Topix atheists couldn't be used for the next stage.

I posted this to point out something. How they refer to proteins and calcium interacting. Most people then think of chemicals just making something happen. They are thingies that do things. What I have been trying to point out is they are actually very complex EM transfers. The chemicals don't do a thing, it is the charge potentials within that do the things. It's like this ALL ACROSS THE UNIVERSE. This is very complex stuff.

The odds against abiogenesis are pretty high.

“cdesign proponentsists”

Since: Jul 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#156514 Feb 25, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. Nobody can prove scientifically that emotions exist or why they exist or why we feel them.
Neuroscientists are hard at work trying to figure it out, Topix atheists aren't.
Explain. We have emotions, therefore they exist.

Westcliffe, CO

#156515 Feb 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a big screen outdoors where you parked in a lot to view the movie, get bit by mosquitoes, have a hassle with the speaker box, make out with a girlfriend, or watch others doing that, get bit by mosquitoes, pay outrageous amounts for refreshments, listen to squalling kids, get bit by mosquitoes, then go through the big merging to the exit after the movie, and the mosquitoes have drained you of blood.

They were actually a lot of fun.

Westcliffe, CO

#156516 Feb 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a big screen outdoors where you parked in a lot to view the movie, get bit by mosquitoes, have a hassle with the speaker box, make out with a girlfriend, or watch others doing that, get bit by mosquitoes, pay outrageous amounts for refreshments, listen to squalling kids, get bit by mosquitoes, then go through the big merging to the exit after the movie, and the mosquitoes have drained you of blood.
http://driveintheater.com/

The mosquitoes were free.

Can't remember the name of it, but there was a slot machine I played I loved that was based on the old drive-in concessions stands when you hit winning combos or bonus points. Really camped up woman of the times at the register. Ah, I think it was The Creature From the Black Lagoon.

Westcliffe, CO

#156517 Feb 25, 2013

Westcliffe, CO

#156518 Feb 25, 2013
http://driveintheater.com/history/1950.htm

Some drive ins had spots for 3000 cars. I didn't know they got that big.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#156519 Feb 25, 2013
Gramps must have seen a drive in picture online and is rambling nonstop about them.

Them young uns have those iPhones these days and can instantly watch a movie instead of sitting in the rain and getting bitten by insects! What's the world coming to?!!

Brain damaged elderly people can be funny.:)
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>

Lexington, KY

#156520 Feb 25, 2013
Dave that is for Alzheimer's! No wonder you are keeping tabs on that as you are descending into Ronald Reagan 1990 Alzheimer's territory. You should volunteer your brain damage needs all the help it can get.
Dave Nelson wrote:
http://scitechdaily.com/scient ists-develop-a-tool-for-readin g-the-minds-of-mice-in-real-ti me/
I don't see whay Topix atheists couldn't be used for the next stage.
I posted this to point out something. How they refer to proteins and calcium interacting. Most people then think of chemicals just making something happen. They are thingies that do things. What I have been trying to point out is they are actually very complex EM transfers. The chemicals don't do a thing, it is the charge potentials within that do the things. It's like this ALL ACROSS THE UNIVERSE. This is very complex stuff.
The odds against abiogenesis are pretty high.
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#156521 Feb 25, 2013
Neither of us have a god. It's just you don't know it yet.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your god or my God?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156522 Feb 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Big Bang and the Steady State models are not the same. In fact, the SS was the primary alternative to the BB until the background radiation was detected. And yes, since the BB theory predicts ALL of those phenomena and no alternative has been found that also does so, they *are* evidence of the BB.
Uh huh. And IF BBT is ever discounted because of anew theory, all you atheist will be screaming "THAT'S JUST SCIENCE LEARNING ITSELF MORE.........."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#156523 Feb 25, 2013
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Except, of course, E=mc^2 is NOT absolutely true. It is only true for massive particles at rest. The general version is E^2=m^2c^4 +p^2 c^2. where p is the momentum. This version even applies to light (photons), which your version does not.
You lost me at the second M....

Math with letters in it is notify forte.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#156524 Feb 25, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
A great place to screw in public :o

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#156525 Feb 25, 2013
TheBlackSheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain. We have emotions, therefore they exist.
Yet science is unable to explain them.

But they DO exist....

huh...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#156526 Feb 25, 2013
Thinking wrote:
Neither of us have a god. It's just you don't know it yet.
<quoted text>
Funny how when I say that "I know God has touched me"( a claim ), all the atheists light up light a neon light, but when you say "neither of us have a god" ( a claim ), all is quiet........

Lexington, KY

#156527 Feb 25, 2013
Because of a what theory?

The great thing about science is it always progresses as more observable evidence is presented. You gotta love that!

You know actual observable proof. Neat!
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh huh. And IF BBT is ever discounted because of anew theory, all you atheist will be screaming "THAT'S JUST SCIENCE LEARNING ITSELF MORE.........."
Thinking

Shaftesbury, UK

#156528 Feb 25, 2013
I know 100% for sure that no all powerful compassionate god exists.

I know this because we have evidence of avoidable suffering.

Therefore the christian god does not exist.

I am not however trying to claim that no god could possibly exist.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how when I say that "I know God has touched me"( a claim ), all the atheists light up light a neon light, but when you say "neither of us have a god" ( a claim ), all is quiet........

Westcliffe, CO

#156529 Feb 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Reason
<quoted text>
Puppy, there is something you are going to learn at the very last moment. That is a life lived that you didn't learn something was no life at all.

You really need to start studying. You may done some things, but learning from those is something else.

Being lonely or awestruck may be something that occurs for you first. You would be amazed how fast they can happen, and out of the blue. You don't have the capacity to reason your way through those.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News "Science vs. Religion: What Scientists Really T... (Jan '12) 33 min Chimney1 20,739
News Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... (Oct '14) 36 min Igor Trip 11,083
John 3:16 1 hr Thinking 100
News Why Atheism Will Replace Religion (Aug '12) 12 hr thetruth 14,671
Atheists and the "Moses Syndrome" 17 hr Shizle 23
Atheists should stop feeding the stereotypes Mon Thinking 19
News Si Robertson, 'Duck Dynasty' Star, Says Atheist... Jul 31 thetruth 42
More from around the web