Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Full story: Webbunny tumblelog

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent.
Comments
150,321 - 150,340 of 224,603 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure beats driving in the dark without any lights.
I've done that at 70 mph on 2 lane roads with a canal and ditch on either side. For several miles.

Not habitually, though.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying there is no absolute truth?
None I can think of.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I don't listen to pukebucket for the same reason I don't go to an art museum looking for paint by numbers exhibits. My tastes as well as my expectations have evolved, I can see your still stuck in the Neanderthal error of music. I seek excellence and realize that complexity often equates to beauty. Now...after me....row row row your boat, gently down the stream..........Your in here. I sang the first how many measures, and in what time signature? I'll bet even a simple children's song eludes you.
Why is it you never respond to simple questions? I'll try again, What deity do I worship if science is my religion? Don't make shit up now like you usually do. Show me were science states that
"everything is perfect and nice and stable." Go for it!!!!!!
Your quest for complexity creates your own little universe. It can result in your universe being a small room with rounded scissors for cutting out paper dolls to share it with.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
Since you have no solid evidence that your god exists, then it is a figment of your imagination.
Evidence:

Noun

The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

I have evidence that God is real.

I can't demonstrate that evidence to you.

But that doesn't negate the evidence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
Sorry retard.
THe burden of proof is on your shoudlers....
You make the argument that there is a god. The burden of proof is on your shoulders.
Why? You're under the assumption that I give a shit whether or not you believe me....
We have no proof for these gods hence there is no logical reason to believe for rational people.
"We" being ignorant atheists?

Sure.
I know you guys hate the burden of proof but it is what it is.
So prove I'm retarded. You make the claim damn near every post.

Prove I'm from Riverside.

The onus is on you, asshole.
Provide some proof and I will happily consider it.
What?!? Proof is something you still would have to consider?!? Proof is not up for debate, f_cktard.
Until then live your comforting delusion, it's fine with me.
I suffer no delusion.
Just don't expect your betters to join in it.
"betters"?!?

LMAO, oh ya..... The typical atheistic ego that tells them they're smarter because they rely on "proof"...

Except you still need to consider proof....

Shut that c0ck holster you call a mouth, boy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Givemeliberty_villiageidiot wrote:
The fact that there are people that do not believe in god is proof for atheism.
There it is, folks.

You're lovely Givemeliberty, the villiage idiot, has verified that atheism DOES REQUIRE BELIEF.

Thanks, idiot.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Everyone knows I had an NDE, right?

I posted this a long time ago, but will repeat.

Being just a simple ordinary human like most people, the experience did have a rather profound psychiatric impact on me. But one of them was really strange, and occurred very soon after.

A profound sympathy for an omniscient and omnipotent deity. I mean more sympathy than I could have for myself.

Perhaps it was the being parked in eternity for a while, but the experience really brought home just how stark raving mad such an entity could get if it didn't have something to do or something to interact with. Something unpredictable would be absolutely the cat's pajamas. Such an achievement would also be quite the genius effort for such an all powerful entity.

The Supreme Being wants its creations to grow up so it can have something to talk to.
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have no solid evidence that your vagina exists, then it is a figment of your imagination.
Have you always been this stupid or is today a special occasion?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

You're just sounding desperate now. What next you see a local restaurant close and post the link with the statement.. Atheists favorite restaurant closed!

So childish Dave. Put some ice on your injured head.
Dave Nelson wrote:
Omigod!!
Disturbing news for Topix atheists.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/holy_hi...

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Sorry but figment of your imagination doesn't count as evidence.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence:
Noun
The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =qjwJYr13Ipw
Buckethead even wrote a song about Topix atheists.
Kat Mandu wrote one for TopixBibleThumpers™.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdzm0f_jesus...

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

You made the assertion there is a god, it is your argument hence the burden of proof is on your shoulders. Just keep it in the home and church and out of the public square and government and I could care less what sky wizard delusion you imagine.

It's good that you don't care about being a miserable failure in debate. Ignorance is bliss they say and if so you must be very blissful.

We as in everyone including you can produce any observable evidence for any god. That being said it looks more likely than not it is just a work of fiction.

Your childish temper tantrums prove how your faith has retarded you. I never claimed you were from riverside so the onus is not on me. Sorry that was really stupid on your part. Surely you can better?

Yes smart people who are your intellectual betters require proof to consider before believing in monsters under the bed, the kraken or god amongst other silliness.

See humanity created all gods. They did this as a comfort measure for when they were alone, or dying, or awestruck. Most importantly thy created god to control others and answer what they couldn't understand. But humanity is growing up now no stopping it. And the time has come for more and more of us to put away childish things.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
THe burden of proof is on your shoudlers....
<quoted text>
Why? You're under the assumption that I give a shit whether or not you believe me....
<quoted text>
"We" being ignorant atheists?
Sure.
<quoted text>
So prove I'm retarded. You make the claim damn near every post.
Prove I'm from Riverside.
The onus is on you, asshole.
<quoted text>
What?!? Proof is something you still would have to consider?!? Proof is not up for debate, f_cktard.
<quoted text>
I suffer no delusion.
<quoted text>
"betters"?!?
LMAO, oh ya..... The typical atheistic ego that tells them they're smarter because they rely on "proof"...
Except you still need to consider proof....
Shut that c0ck holster you call a mouth, boy.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Givemeliberty wrote:
You made the assertion there is a god, it is your argument hence the burden of proof is on your shoulders. Just keep it in the home and church and out of the public square and government and I could care less what sky wizard delusion you imagine.
It's good that you don't care about being a miserable failure in debate. Ignorance is bliss they say and if so you must be very blissful.
We as in everyone including you can produce any observable evidence for any god. That being said it looks more likely than not it is just a work of fiction.
Your childish temper tantrums prove how your faith has retarded you. I never claimed you were from riverside so the onus is not on me. Sorry that was really stupid on your part. Surely you can better?
Yes smart people who are your intellectual betters require proof to consider before believing in monsters under the bed, the kraken or god amongst other silliness.
See humanity created all gods. They did this as a comfort measure for when they were alone, or dying, or awestruck. Most importantly thy created god to control others and answer what they couldn't understand. But humanity is growing up now no stopping it. And the time has come for more and more of us to put away childish things.
<quoted text>
"See humanity created all gods. They did this as a comfort measure for when they were alone, or dying, or awestruck."

So, what are you going to use when your time comes for those?

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Evidence:
Noun
Actually, it does.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you always been this stupid or is today a special occasion?
Its a special occasion, its because youre here and I have to lower my IQ in order to relate to you.

Pissant
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a special occasion, its because youre here and I have to lower my IQ in order to relate to you.
Pissant
What IQ? The wheel is still spinning but the hamster died long ago.

That twinkle in your eyes is actually the sun shining between your ears.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
What IQ? The wheel is still spinning but the hamster died long ago.
That twinkle in your eyes is actually the sun shining between your ears.
/slow clap /pat on your head
Youre a good boy aint ya?

Goo-chi goo /tickle under your chin
I'll take you for ice cream!
CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh hurr, Ahh hurr, Ahh hurr, can I play with the pussy wussy kwats?
CunningLinguist

Windermere, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
/slow clap /pat on your head
Youre a good boy aint ya?
Goo-chi goo /tickle under your chin
I'll take you for ice cream!
<quoted text>
People have said you were a great asset. I told them they were off by two letters. Space is a dangerous place especially if it's between your ears wear a helmet.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Possession of such is assumed for the female species of human material construction. In the genetic blueprints or something.
You claim to be a woman, and claimed to be a girl.
Actually, no, many have them removed due to medical issues. If that is your only qualification for being female, then you are at least admitting that all transgendered who get surgery are female.

Thus you are insulting a large portion of the female population while accepting the transgendered people for what they claim to be, ultimately being a hypocrite.
Siro

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

CunningLinguist wrote:
<quoted text>
People have said you were a great asset. I told them they were off by two letters. Space is a dangerous place especially if it's between your ears wear a helmet.
My accountant said you were a great asset, he said if I adopt you I would get a huge tax break and be able to claim for all sorts of things.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Atheism Forum right now

Search the Atheism Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists, give up your lost religion and seek t... (Nov '13) 50 min CunningLinguist 229
Our world came from nothing? 1 hr CunningLinguist 257
Atheists on the march in America (Aug '09) 2 hr CunningLinguist 70,963
How much faith it takes to believe in Evolution. 2 hr CunningLinguist 28
Introducing The Universal Religion 8 hr Patrick 737
20+ Questions for Theists (Apr '13) 8 hr Patrick 397
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) 8 hr fadu singh 21,406
•••
•••