Atheism requires as much faith as religion?

Atheism requires as much faith as religion? bearvspuma : The only problem with this rationalization is that ita s assuming all athiests are so because theya re intelligent in the ways of science and reasoning and all people that believe in a form of god are unintelligent. Full Story
Siro

Brisbane, Australia

#156389 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing, I never claimed that existed, you did.
Youre the one claiming to be female, what does every female have?
But you dont, I was and still am right in pointing out that you are just another poof in a dress.
When I posted your own words in which you said you are 'asexual' you said that it meant you did not desire sex. I said to go without sex meant you are either chaste or celibate, you then farted out that 'asexual' applies to you because it is used 'emotionally'.
You are either male or female? True? Or a hermaphrodite.
You accused me of projecting when I brought the hermaphrodite issue.
You claim not to have a vagina.
That just leaves one possibility left......
You are just another POOF!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#156390 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing, I never claimed that existed, you did.
Possession of such is assumed for the female species of human material construction. In the genetic blueprints or something.

You claim to be a woman, and claimed to be a girl.

Location hidden

#156391 Feb 25, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
All of these "deduced" particles have been subsequently observed right where they were previously mathematically deduced to be with their deduced masses and charges.
Do you live in a cave?
Got a photo? Not a drawing, a photo.

All of that is based upon charge versus what is assumed as mass.

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#156392 Feb 25, 2013
Sorry retard. You make the argument that there is a god. The burden of proof is on your shoulders. We have no proof for these gods hence there is no logical reason to believe for rational people.

I know you guys hate the burden of proof but it is what it is. Provide some proof and I will happily consider it.

Until then live your comforting delusion, it's fine with me. Just don't expect your betters to join in it.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence for that, and you know it.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#156393 Feb 25, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
What absolute truth?
Are you saying there is no absolute truth?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#156394 Feb 25, 2013
mtimber wrote:
You see, the atheist cannot account for absolute truth.
He can only deny it, whilst appealing to it.
All the time demanding that it go unchallenged and be accepted.
Yet without absolute truth, the atheist cannot make any argument, because they have no foundation upon which to base an atheistic argument.
Totally intellectually bankrupt, yet claiming intellectual superiority...
What is absolute truth?

Since: Mar 11

Lexington, KY

#156395 Feb 25, 2013
Are you seriously this stupid? I mean wow I know you think historians aren't scholars and that Catholics don't believe in Jesus but seriously?

The fact that there are people that do not believe in god is proof for atheism. You don't believe in Allah so to a Muslim you are an atheist.

Seriously man you really need to think before posting. Your stupidity is painful to watch.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, here's your perfect version of atheism:
"Givemeliberty wrote:
I have no proof or evidence but it's my delusion and I like it!"
(you sum it up nicely.)

Location hidden

#156396 Feb 25, 2013
Omigod!!

Disturbing news for Topix atheists.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/holy_hi...

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#156397 Feb 25, 2013
Eagle12 wrote:
<quoted text>
A Louisiana alligator, 10 feet long can bite your arm off.
Because I said so.
Actually, they would twist it off.

Though their jaws are tremendously strong, they probably wouldn't be able to bite an arm clean off. Alligators and crocodiles remove meat and body parts by twisting. They grab on and start rolling until and edible sized chunk is torn off.

Just sayin'.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#156398 Feb 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
A little observation on egos, notably the over developed kind.
It is like driving down a dark highway with your brights on. You can only see what your light shines on.
Education and other such training makes those lights brighter. It also make it harder to see the dark on the side. Your eyes adjust for that extra brightness.
You miss a lot, and assume a lot.
You get an educated and civilized person going into a more primitive, or educated and civilized in a different way, and they can develop a tendency to assume a higher station in life to these poor unfortunates that weren't educated their way.
Of course, they assume the locals can see such as a given. However, they have been doing pretty well their way for generations.
Some of them are nice and gracious by their customs. Others are eager to see what wealth they can get out them. They both smile. Up to a point anyhow. The problems come when the egos try to revamp the system they invaded.
It is very hard for a superego to see the world for what it is. It is even harder to see what lies beyond it. Anything they see will have to fit into their headlights.
It sure beats driving in the dark without any lights.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#156399 Feb 25, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Take a Alka Seltzer lol.
Those were some spicy meatballs...
blacklagoon

Revere, MA

#156400 Feb 25, 2013
Dave Nelson wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, but it won't be in our lifetimes, they assure you. Keep that funding coming in so we can study it, though. Don't want to make any mistakes, eh?
Your belief in science is a substitute. It is an opiate. Science is OK, it is the scientists you have to question.
You will love this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0KsPqMXz59MXX
I don't listen to pukebucket for the same reason I don't go to an art museum looking for paint by numbers exhibits. My tastes as well as my expectations have evolved, I can see your still stuck in the Neanderthal error of music. I seek excellence and realize that complexity often equates to beauty. Now...after me....row row row your boat, gently down the stream..........Your in here. I sang the first how many measures, and in what time signature? I'll bet even a simple children's song eludes you.

Why is it you never respond to simple questions? I'll try again, What deity do I worship if science is my religion? Don't make shit up now like you usually do. Show me were science states that
"everything is perfect and nice and stable." Go for it!!!!!!

Location hidden

#156401 Feb 25, 2013
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure beats driving in the dark without any lights.
I've done that at 70 mph on 2 lane roads with a canal and ditch on either side. For several miles.

Not habitually, though.

“I see quantum effects”

In the macro world.

#156402 Feb 25, 2013
Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying there is no absolute truth?
None I can think of.

Location hidden

#156403 Feb 25, 2013
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>I don't listen to pukebucket for the same reason I don't go to an art museum looking for paint by numbers exhibits. My tastes as well as my expectations have evolved, I can see your still stuck in the Neanderthal error of music. I seek excellence and realize that complexity often equates to beauty. Now...after me....row row row your boat, gently down the stream..........Your in here. I sang the first how many measures, and in what time signature? I'll bet even a simple children's song eludes you.
Why is it you never respond to simple questions? I'll try again, What deity do I worship if science is my religion? Don't make shit up now like you usually do. Show me were science states that
"everything is perfect and nice and stable." Go for it!!!!!!
Your quest for complexity creates your own little universe. It can result in your universe being a small room with rounded scissors for cutting out paper dolls to share it with.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#156404 Feb 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
Since you have no solid evidence that your god exists, then it is a figment of your imagination.
Evidence:

Noun

The available body of facts or information indicating whether a belief or proposition is true or valid.

I have evidence that God is real.

I can't demonstrate that evidence to you.

But that doesn't negate the evidence.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#156405 Feb 25, 2013
Givemeliberty wrote:
Sorry retard.
THe burden of proof is on your shoudlers....
You make the argument that there is a god. The burden of proof is on your shoulders.
Why? You're under the assumption that I give a shit whether or not you believe me....
We have no proof for these gods hence there is no logical reason to believe for rational people.
"We" being ignorant atheists?

Sure.
I know you guys hate the burden of proof but it is what it is.
So prove I'm retarded. You make the claim damn near every post.

Prove I'm from Riverside.

The onus is on you, asshole.
Provide some proof and I will happily consider it.
What?!? Proof is something you still would have to consider?!? Proof is not up for debate, f_cktard.
Until then live your comforting delusion, it's fine with me.
I suffer no delusion.
Just don't expect your betters to join in it.
"betters"?!?

LMAO, oh ya..... The typical atheistic ego that tells them they're smarter because they rely on "proof"...

Except you still need to consider proof....

Shut that c0ck holster you call a mouth, boy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#156406 Feb 25, 2013
Givemeliberty_villiageidiot wrote:
The fact that there are people that do not believe in god is proof for atheism.
There it is, folks.

You're lovely Givemeliberty, the villiage idiot, has verified that atheism DOES REQUIRE BELIEF.

Thanks, idiot.

Location hidden

#156407 Feb 25, 2013
Everyone knows I had an NDE, right?

I posted this a long time ago, but will repeat.

Being just a simple ordinary human like most people, the experience did have a rather profound psychiatric impact on me. But one of them was really strange, and occurred very soon after.

A profound sympathy for an omniscient and omnipotent deity. I mean more sympathy than I could have for myself.

Perhaps it was the being parked in eternity for a while, but the experience really brought home just how stark raving mad such an entity could get if it didn't have something to do or something to interact with. Something unpredictable would be absolutely the cat's pajamas. Such an achievement would also be quite the genius effort for such an all powerful entity.

The Supreme Being wants its creations to grow up so it can have something to talk to.
CunningLinguist

Hernando, FL

#156409 Feb 25, 2013
Siro wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you have no solid evidence that your vagina exists, then it is a figment of your imagination.
Have you always been this stupid or is today a special occasion?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atheism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Atheists Aren't the Problem, Christian Intolera... 52 min woodtick57 2,270
Can Atheists Know God Does Not Exist When They ... 3 hr Yiago 148
A New Kinder, Gentler Atheism 8 hr _Bad Company 141
Islam is the Enemy (Sep '12) 9 hr thetruth 34
God' existence 9 hr thetruth 67
Atheism to Defeat Religion by 2038 (Apr '12) Fri _Bad Company 23,198
Yes, atheists can be fundamentalists Fri Crazy Mess 1
More from around the web